New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Feast of Dust IC

Esmaeel Naffar
    "Thank you, Kardag Whitewater. We appreciate the expediency. As a loyal subject of the Satrap and a devotee of the Dawnflower, I am sure we are all on the same side here. No need for ...tragic misunderstandings". As Esmaeel shrugs, the butt of his polearm accidentally scrapes across the floor, and his mouth briefly curls into an unpleasant smile. He regains his composure and continues: "My name is Esmaeel Naffar. Please take us to the Council".

Scout stance * Perception +22 * Double Focused * HP 92/92
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2024-01-02 at 06:07 AM.
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Majeed said nothing further and motioned Kardag to lead on.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kardag leads you through the locked door, and you find yourselves in the audience chamber. This impressive audience chamber is home to several statues ensconced within the walls, and carved in the likenesses of proud women of noble bearing. A great ivory chair adorned with sapphires rests on a dais on the north side of the
    room, flanked by smaller but still impressive chairs of mahogany. Two women sit in the thrones, and Kardag immediately goes to sit in the third seat.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

"Greetings, Whitewater Council, and pray forgive my haste. I am Majeed al-Dimayeni, Servant of the Dawnflower. My associates and I have been informed that Master Sayid has taken refuge in your compound, and we have recently learned his life is in danger—from supernatural quarter, in connection with the plague. At the least, Master Sayid may enlighten us further as to the nature of this plague, and its origin, and help us connect some details our investigation has so far uncovered. We may be close to uncovering the perpetrators. Well, that much could well be true. "Time is of the essence in either case, such that I fear we may rue every minute's delay." Majeed did his best to keep his vexation out of his tone and expression, and through his whole speech addressed the Council as a whole—in particular, he refrained from looking directly at Kardag. "May we be taken to him?"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+20)[22]

If anyone mentioned Arakor Shonar after Majeed joined the party, I couldn't find it with a quick skim of the thread. If someone else could put that part in, that might help us convince them.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    [COLOR="#DAA520"]
    If anyone mentioned Arakor Shonar after Majeed joined the party, I couldn't find it with a quick skim of the thread. If someone else could put that part in, that might help us convince them.
    [/spoiler]
    From message 20, page 1 of this IC thread:
    "I would suggest you speak to the High Priest, Arakor Shonar, but he disappeared into the Whitewater compound several days ago, and hasn't been seen since. Some say he has been hiding from the curse in luxury, but I believe he has been working with Tianka Whitewater to find a cure. In any case, the Whitewaters have been sending us clean food and water since he went there."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The old lady in the center throne speaks up. "I am Tianka Whitewater, and these are Kardag, who you appear to have met, and Ezrisha. Together, we are the rulers of the Whitewater Clan. Master Sayid is here, and you may of course visit with him. But he is an important person, who is in need of protection, as you say. So he is not permitted to leave this compound. The same goes for you, my guests, as the Feast of Dust is too dangerous to allow you to leave this place. You have the free run of this compound until the crisis is over, however," she says.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

"We thank you for your shelter and hospitality, Lady Whitewater," Majeed said with a low bow. Grateful as he was for the pass—and for Kardag's silence and apparent assent after what had very nearly become a debacle—he still rankled inwardly at having to go before a tribunal just to be casually told that they may of course visit with him. All this after his haste, and the very good reasons for it, had been made very clear. No matter.

"If we may take our leave, we shall visit Master Sayid straight away." Majeed glossed over the bit about them not being permitted to leave the compound. If duty compelled him to go back outside, he would make his case then.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Thank you... I may not well understand what's happening here, but I have faith it's a challenge that can be risen to, and I hope we can help each other to do so."

9. - Top - End - #249

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    ... the Feast of Dust is too dangerous to allow you to leave this place. You have the free run of this compound until the crisis is over, however," she says.
    "Allow us to leave?" thinks Bazir, wondering if they were trying to provoke something or get a reaction. Well they'll get nothing out of me.

"Thank you very much. Pray tell, how do you foresee the crisis ending? And how long can we last with the supplies on hand?" Bazir tries to be conversational.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kardag nods slightly. "You may of course visit with Master Sayid. He is about in the compound somewhere, though he is likely trying to come up with a solution to the Curse," he says to Majeed. To Bazir, he says, "The crisis will end with the deaths of everyone in the area if it is not stopped. We have enough supplies to last for some time here, and we do have the water supply. But the situation is perilous in the extreme."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

He is about in the compound somewhere. Why will no one simply tell us where he is?

Majeed bowed again and spoke those pleasantries necessary to be dismissed, in as diplomatic a tone as he could manage.

12. - Top - End - #252

DwarfClericGuy

Bazir, unimpressed, follows Majeed. He tries not to actively grumble about impending doom.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Esmaeel Naffar
    Esmaeel nods to the council, then turns smartly on his heel to follow Majeed in his search.

Scout stance * Perception +22 * Double Focused * HP 92/92
    Semper ludens.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The party is dismissed by the WHitewaters, and left to find your own way around the compound. Servants and guards linger in the area, though, in case you require anything.

Spoiler: Map of compound
    Show

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Here is a link to a map of the area. You are in area B5 in the northeast of the map.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally. Majeed tried once again to flag down a helpful-looking servant in the hope of finally being led to Master Sayid.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+20)[27]