New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon [IC]

Walter starts into the room finally, now that the others have gone in and the metal thing has fallen, and looks to see if he can find the other hostiles in this dark mess. If he can, he prepares himself to launch another attack, otherwise, he readies himself to be attacked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move into the room. Once inside the door, he heads to a square south of the entryway, if possible.
    Standard action: If he can see an enemy, he will Manifest an Energy Ray at it, otherwise he will do nothing.

Wild Surge Energy Ray (Air) for 1 PP
    Attack Roll (1d20+3)[17] (+4 bonus if the target is wearing metal armor)
    Damage (2d6+4)[7] (+2 bonus per die from Bloodlines accounted into roll)

Psychic Enervation: (1d100)[22] If 15 or below, take 1 damage and become Staggered for 1 round.
    Vent Agony: If suffering Psychic Enervation, may force the target to make a Will Save DC 16, or suffer the same penalties that Walter did.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

R5T7: Walter starts into the room finally, now that the others have gone in and the metal thing has fallen, and looks to see if he can find the other hostiles in this dark mess. He finds that there is a table or something due south of Reiko, so feels along in the darkness to go southeast a few feet instead.

R5T6: Aroden, what do you do?

Grathar on deck, Reiko in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

"Damned to the Pit!" Aroden curses as his quarry erupts in front of him. He shakes himself off, and stumbles forward over the wreckage and into the room, already bloodied and battered from the combined assault.

"I count that one," he mutters to himself as he marches with his sword before him and leveled, ready to strike at whatever monster he might find in the dark.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aroden with move E, NE. If he encounters the goblin he will activate his hypnotic stare as a swift action, and attack with a Savaging Steel strike. Otherwise he will move N,N, stopping if he moves into an enemy's melee threat range.

For his immediate action he will either use Oaken Shield if subjected to a melee attack, or Burst of Adrenaline if he needs to make a Fort or Reflex save.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

4. - Top - End - #454

R5T6: "Damned to the Pit!" Aroden curses as his quarry erupts in front of him. He shakes himself off, and stumbles forward over the wreckage and into the room, already bloodied and battered from the combined assault.

"I count that one," he mutters to himself as he marches with his sword before him and leveled, ready to strike at whatever monster he might find in the dark. He does move north on a second burst as he sees Grathar but reaches the limit of the room and then doubles back and gets to where he sees the goblin.

R5T5: Grathar, you are in iron hand stance. What do you do?

Reiko on deck, Goblin in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Enemy to the east." Grathar says over his shoulder.

Grathar cracks his knuckles. He repositions and swings at the goblin.

Show

MA: move 5' SE

SA: Attack the goblin with a 'Stunning Fist' attack (DC 15).

Attack: (1d20+5)[17] +1 racial hatred
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

If he rolls a '1' on the attack roll, he will use his 'Called' trait to re-roll.

6. - Top - End - #456

R5T5: "Enemy to the east," Grathar says over his shoulder, cracking his knuckles. He repositions and swings at the goblin, nailing him right in a nerve plexus on his tricep for 7 + stunned, the pain from the nerve strike having him drop the wand that was in his hand.

R5T4: Reiko charges the stunned goblin, slashing along his left wrist's vein for 9.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T15:
    The caster reels from the pain in his arms.

R6T8: Mordren, you recover yourself from the caster's awesome and terrifying power. What do you do?

Walter on deck, Aroden in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren shakes her head to clear it, quickly taking stock of her surroundings before snarling, turning around, and starting to make her way back the way she thinks she came, fists balled in anger, ready to beat the living daylights out of the goblin that dared mess with her head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double MA; 5'N, 20'NE, 5'N

8. - Top - End - #458

R6T8: Mordren shakes her head to clear it, quickly taking stock of her surroundings before snarling, turning around, and starting to make her way back the way she thinks she came, fists balled in anger, ready to beat the living daylights out of the goblin that dared mess with her head. She does have to adjust her intended movement to not end in a corner, but to head towards a pair of open double doors to the east.

R6T7: Walter, what do you do?

Aroden on deck, Grathar in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter refocuses his energy and emotions, readying himself for the next dangerous enemy that might become visible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Action: Regain Psionic Focus

10. - Top - End - #460

R6T7: Walter refocuses his energy and emotions, readying himself for the next dangerous enemy that might become visible.

R6T6: Aroden, what do you do?

Grathar on deck, Reiko in the hole ....
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

"Found you!" Aroden laughed as his sword illuminated the giant goblin, and wasted no time in drawing back to deliver a mighty blow.

"Look alive now!" he jeered as he swung, intentionally bringing his sword far too close to hit before bringing it back around for a proper chop.

Show
    Aroden will initiate a Rascal's Gambit as a swift action and will attempt to feint as a move action, gaining a +2 luck bonus to the roll and leaving the goblin flat-footed until the start of its next turn if it succeeds.
    Bluff check to feint: (1d20+12)[22]

He will then expend Savaging Steel as a Risky Strike.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[17]

If both the bluff check and attack succeed (and the goblin is not dead afterward), he will attempt an intimidate check as a free action via Frightening Ambush.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

12. - Top - End - #462

R6T6: "Found you!" Aroden laughs as his sword illuminates the giant goblin, and he wastes no time in drawing back to deliver a mighty blow. "Look alive now!" he as he swings, intentionally bringing his sword far too close to hit before bringing it back around in a moulinet for a proper downward chop that does 17 (+1d6 bleed). The stunned goblin, on the other hand, was far too insensate to either be faked out or intimidated. Oh, and far too unconscious as it falls from the blow as well!

R6T5: Grathar, the goblin is down and bleeding. What do you do?

Reiko on deck, Mordren in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar stomps at the fallen goblin. "Need to find Mordren. I'm a bit hurt." Grathar looks at the door they just came through.

Show

FRA: Flurry of blows

Attack 1: (1d20+5)[10] +1 Hatred
    Damage 1: (1d6+4)[7]

Attack 2: (1d20+5)[10] +1 Hatred
    damage 2: (1d6+4)[7]

14. - Top - End - #464

Grathar head stomps the goblin. Mordren gets back two rounds later.

**Combat Ends!**

What now?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"We should do a quick search. Grab anything we think might be valuable and probably head back to town to rest, recover and report. Anyone disagree or have a better plan?" Grathar asks.

Grathar starts the process of milling around and searching the bodies and tables.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2024-04-02 at 02:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

The group does a full search for a little over 8 min. The automaton's pieces are collected, as you might find an interested buyer in the curiosity aspect.

Looking over the now-returned-to-normal-height goblin cleric, there the goblin's symbol of dark power that you identify as belonging to Lamashtu ... not something you are likely to be able to resale. He had a pouch with 95 gold. There is a (small) masterwork falchion, far better than normal goblin make that might be worth something. Finally, there is a wand that Grathar saw the goblin use to heal itself, but is not exactly identified yet for power level, charges, or command word.

What now? Do you agree with Grathar and head back to town?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fooooo, non, mon amie, back to town we go I say!" Aroden grins, holding up the automaton's head and examining it with some curiosity, his bag stuffed to the brim with many of its other parts, "This thing that moves without blood or meat, I think the old man will be plenty interested to see it!"

As he says this, his brow furrows, and he seems to look almost pensive for a moment, before he quietly repeats, "...To See't?"

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I'm game to bring these pieces back and taking a rest. Slow and steady will keep us alive." Walter proceeds to offer to carry as much as he can actually carry, so as to help others keep their hands free.

Spoiler
    Show
    If it was not already attempted, Walter will also see if he can identify the Wand, and if successful, will share the information with the party.

19. - Top - End - #469

Mordren and Walter look over the wand, and other than a faint aura, they can't be sure of the school of magic.

The party heads back to town, and soon enough, they are back at the tavern giving Ezren the report.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar orders an ale. He sits down and begins writing out his 'report'. He sketches a rough updated map on the back of the document.

"We found a couple interesting things in our travels. A wand that we can't seem to figure it out. Maybe you can take a look. Aroden and Walter gathered up parts of a metal man that attacked us and nearly blew my eye brows off. I think it was taking orders from a goblin. It even had a name, 'Clanky'." Grathar says.

21. - Top - End - #471

Ezren looks at the wand, concentrating mentally. "Ah, a wand of cure light wounds with 19 charges remaining." He provides the command. He is most entertained by the Clanky anecdote. "I am sure you could get about 75 gold from a collector I know in town for his parts."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"So I guess we have some options. I think we should sell the scimitar if we can, likely because no one can use effectively. Sell the 'Clanky' parts. Probably keep the wand. Maybe we could convince the local clerics to use it on us as we need to cut down our resting time. Once we have sold everything, then there is the small matter of the tithe.. or is it a tri-tithe." Grathar shrugs.

"From there we can split the remaining proceeds. I can go buy another heal kit and maybe you guys go buy some torches and any other supplies we need. Then maybe take a week or so to rest up. " Grathar trails off.

"Any objections to this plan ? or better plans ? " Grathar asks everyone.

He finishes his 'homework' and hands it in to Ezren.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2024-04-06 at 11:55 AM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds, ahhh, grand bien to me!" Aroden replies, "I will take the small sword to le markét in the morning; I will get a good deal for this thing. Then we will haul Monsieur Clank to meet this collector, non?"

He nods at the metal head laid upon the table.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter speaks up. "I am pretty good at using magic tools like that Wand. I may be able to make it work for us."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren nods her agreement "Its probably better to keep the wand with us, especially if were looking to cut own recovery time, returning back to town to have someone else use the wand for us, doesn't really save us that much time."

26. - Top - End - #476

Ezren shakes his hand. "Take the time to make use of and sell what you need, but as the Pathfinder Society is footing your room and board, be ready to move again day after tomorrow."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar frowned deeply at Ezren. " We'll go when we are ready and not before."

Grathar turns to Walter. "In order to be respectful of our gracious employer's time and coin, I believe that means you are 'up' so to speak. I'm pretty banged up. So perhaps you could 'wand' me to help speed things along."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter takes the Wand, and after giving a moment to focus, attempts to activate it once on Grathar.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Magic Device: (1d20+9)[29]
    Healing (1d8+1)[9]

If Grathar asks for a second charge...

Use Magic Device: (1d20+9)[15]
    Healing (1d8+1)[9]

In case of failures, here's a few more rolls to be used in sequential order
    UMD: (1d20+9)[29]
    UMD: (1d20+9)[25]
    UMD: (1d20+9)[29]

If it takes Walter more than five tries to use the wand even once, he will stop trying for now and attempt again later.

29. - Top - End - #479

Grathar is fully healed with a single application. Even terribly wounded, likewise for Aroden. Then, Reiko is topped off. Finally, Walter tops himself off. Four charges used.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Wow, I feel amazing. Thanks Walter." Grathar rubs his chest and smiles.

"Let's liquidate the rest, pay our taxes and split up the proceeds. Then do some shopping if we need and get back out there." Grathar says.

Spoiler: Shopping List
    Show

Not sure if I'm jumping the gun or not but here is Grathar's shopping list:

- Healer's kit (50 gp)
    - Potion of cure light -(if available 50gp)
    - Belt pouch, (1gp)

He can afford these items even with out any of the split treasure. (10 pp 1 gp)