New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon [IC]

Reiko hands back the healer's kit.

Ezren looks to the machine-woman. "Mordren, what about you? Are you going to continue as a subcontractor for the Pathfinder Society?"
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren smiles and nods. "We were told this would be Dangerous work, im not backing down just cause the claims of danger are true. Besides, I enjoy a good Challenge"

3. - Top - End - #273

"It will probably take a few days for your friend to properly convalesce," says Ezren. "Grathar, I expect you to watch over him in the meantime, and use what healing balms you may have to try to help him recover faster. Again, meanwhile, I will look for someone else to fill the gap."

<Break>
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

After the required time for convalescence, it is time for the new roster to return to the tower ruins?

Does anyone make any changes to their setup? and, is there any special plan?
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar prepares himself for the next journey into the spire. He organizes his gear and does some aggressive stretching.

"You all ready? Need anything before we go?" He asks the team when they are assembled.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Grathar makes no changes and offers no special plans.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oui, as ready as my wallet will allow," Aroden affirms, half in jest as he gives his sword a few practice swings.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Ready. Will ready Savaging Steel in place of Incite Betrayal, otherwise no changes.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren nods, "I am ready to depart as well"

8. - Top - End - #278

Walter and Reiko wordlessly join in. It is a two-hour trip as before from Fort Inevitable to the tower. The stone staircase that led up to the tower’s door is now nothing more than a rubble-strewn cliff. On the tower’s south side, a dirt path winds up the steep embankment to a pitch-black doorway. It was obliterated in an ancient time so as to now leave a 30-foot-tall escarpment in its place.

The footpath climbs up to a jagged hole in the side of the green glass tower. The light outside the tower does not penetrate into the building more than a few feet. Beyond that, it’s pitch black.

Now what?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter will draw out one of his Crystals and imbue it with Light to provide a small light source for himself, before confirming that he is ready to go, preferably in the back of the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take out one of the crystals and use Crystal Light on it. As this power only lasts a minute, he will reactivate it every time it wears off until combat inevitably happens.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"I can carry a torch if someone has one." Grathar shrugs.

11. - Top - End - #281

Reiko doesn't have any torches or other light sources.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Unfortunately, I can only light these crystals up for a short time. As much as I'd love to give everyone one, I'd slow us down keeping them lit and wouldn't be able to maintain them if we got into a fight.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Uh, that's fine. I have no trouble seeing. I was more worried about the rest of you." Grathar says. Grathar waits to see if Aroden is ready before heading in and leading the way.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, no worries, mon amie, we, ah, make do here, ah?" Aroden nods, striking a sunrod against the wall, but before drawing his sword, touches his fingers to his forehead and whispers a brief prayer. He smiles back to Walter and asks, "Would you care for a blessing, it may save your life, non?"

Show
    He's gonna light up a sunrod and offer a mesmeric mirror trick to anyone who wants it.

He'll draw his longsword when they enter.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar offers up his arm to Aroden to be blessed. "Okay, follow me and keep your eyes sharp." Grathar says.

Grathar takes point and leads the group in.

16. - Top - End - #286

Reiko looks to Aroden. "I would be happy to take one of those blessings. And if you want, I will be your torchbearer so you can have your larger weapon."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, oui oui, mon cheri, that would be much appreciated!" Aroden grins, handing over the blazing sunrod and swapping his Joy for his Pride.
    Show
    He will use his greatsword in place of his longsword :p

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren offers up an arm to accept a blessing as well.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter smiles, offering up his own arm also. "If it means coming back alive, I'll happily take one."

20. - Top - End - #290

And we're ready to move forward.

What do you do?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar leads the way up the path and into the dark of the tower. "Follow me and stay close." Grathar says.

22. - Top - End - #292

The group passes into the darkened portal.

Sure enough, as Walter was warned, once past the portal the light from his crystals or from Reiko's sunrod only extends 5' before abruptly stopping instead of dimming out. This doesn't mean that you can't see the other light if you separated ... it just means that the overall pool of light is extremely small.

Half-melted blocks o f green glass lie thick on the floor. A crumbling archway to the north leads into another chamber, while a door to the west leads into the round tower at the southwest corner of the building. To the east, a barricade of rubble and wooden stakes blocks a passage leading into the tower.

This is actually the first time the returnees have had enough of a breath to be able to get a sense of their surroundings.

What now?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Scanning her surroundings Mordren reports her findings for those of the party who cant see in through the darkness. "It looks like we have 3 options to go forward. There's a chamber to the North, a tower of some kind to our West and another path to the East behind a barricade of sorts." Pointing out each path as she mentions it.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar scratches his chin thoughtfully. "We fought some goblins in this room and in the chamber to the northwest. The door to the west was dangerous. Some sort of slot or hole in the door we were attacked through. I'd like to dismantle the barricade but we should probably make sure nothing is at our backs first. I say we explore the chamber first, bypass the door for now. Thoughts?"

Grathar pauses a moment to look for any sign of goblin bodies left behind.

25. - Top - End - #295

There are no bodies, but there are signs of violence from blood loss ... of friends and enemies.

Reiko says, "We are working for Pathfinders to explore, so I say we do a deep search of this initial room before moving east, west, or northwest."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Aroden frowned at the news that the bodies of their former aggressors had again been removed, muttering, "I suppose it would be, ah, too much to have hoped that we had finished off the last of them. Unless maybe carrion eater had their way with them. A good thought, I think..."

"Illume," he commands as his sword alights in a pale blue halo. The man nods, "Just, ah, lead us about and we will follow close behind. We'll do the rooting about while you darkeyes keep those eyes peeled for the little green monsters, oui?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    He'll cast Light on his sword and try to keep Grathar within reach as they move

Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2023-10-09 at 04:38 AM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar nods at Reiko. "Sounds like a plan, Aroden. I'll keep a watchful eye out." Grathar says.

Grathar keeps watch and guides the group around so they could investigate.

28. - Top - End - #298

The group spends 24 minutes searching the entryway carefully, but find nothing of value. Everyone with light sources have to restart their lights twice (and Walter significantly more than that).
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar grunts after a time. "We ready to move on to the door? Or was there anything else you guys wanted to check first ? Not sure why the goblins have barricaded the other direction, but it could be something worse then goblins. We should probably leave that to last." Grathar says quietly.

Grathar looks in the direction of the door.

30. - Top - End - #300

Reiko nods her agreement, but waits for others ....
    Show