New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Emerald Spire Superdungeon [IC]

Everything taken off the goblins is both unusable (because size) or completely unsaleable (goblins shields, horseshoppers, dogslicers, etc. having no value in any market).

Still, all goblins are verified dead.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"With only three of us up and moving, might not be a good idea to camp here after all. I think we need to fall back to town again. Unless you all feel differently. If there any more goblins milling about, it could be trouble. Can the two of you maybe grab or....umm.. drag Bríg ?" Grathar says.

Grathar grabs Aroden and attempts to hoist them over his shoulder, trying his best to not re-injure him.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2023-08-16 at 09:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243

Grathar, the best you do is you lift Aroden off the ground with herculean effort. You could probably move a short way .... to clear him from this tower, but NOT all the way back to town.

Reiko picks up his eight pound sword and takes the scabbard off of Aroden's belt as Grathar is grunting and straining. "I can carry this," she says, "but not much more, no."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Seeing Grathar struggle Mordren will offer to carry Aroden if he can carry her backpack.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar gently lowers Aroden and grabs the pack.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh okay. He's heavier then he looks. It might take the both of us to move him safely. Perhaps we need to back out to the clearing and make camp there. Likely not a safe spot but hopefully safer then in here." Grathar says uncertainly.

Grathar grabs Bríg's arm and carefully tries to lift her, wary of getting blood all over himself.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren will gently pick up Aroden careful not to further aggravate his injuries

7. - Top - End - #247

With Aroden's pack removed, Mordren has a difficult but capable time lifting Aroden (in armor, with all weapons but his greatsword) ... and it is a heavy load.

Grathar tries to carry Brig and her gear and Aroden's pack, and while very difficult ... it is also a heavy load.

Now what? Where are you going to go?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Well lets head out to the clearing at least first and then figure out if we are camping or moving on. We'll see if our backs hold out. Reiko can you grab one of the torches if you have a free hand? " Grathar says.

Grathar will lead the way back out of the spire and into the clearing outside.

"Do you think we can make it back to town like this ?"" Grathar grunts out.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2023-08-18 at 09:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Reiko does as asked, lighting the way out. "It is two miles to town," she says.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar catches his breath for a moment and checks on Aroden.
    "That wasn't so bad, was it?" Grathar says.

"Okay, lets press on back to town. When we get to the gate, its probably best if you do the talking. I don't think they like me." Grathar says to Mordren.

Grathar checks on Aroden every few minutes to make sure his condition doesn't worsen.

11. - Top - End - #251

They get to the gate of Fort Inevitable where stand a Hellknight and several guards and armigers. The one in charge asks, "Where do you think you're going with those bodies?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

"He's not dead yet, but he needs Healing" Indicating the limp Aroden in her arms

13. - Top - End - #253

"What happened to that man?" asks the guard captain.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Goblins happened. We were able to defeat them but at a cost. One gravely injured, one dead." Grathar offers.

Grathar sighs sadly.

15. - Top - End - #255

They check to see if they think that the male still lives. Satisfied you are telling the truth, the guard says, "You'll have to send someone inside to contact Dimeru Faldinor of the Temple of Silence. He'll have the right papers for bringing in dead bodies into the fort that you can go through, but you can't bring her in otherwise. Abandoning her here at the gate or anywhere in sight of the watches of the Fort is a capital crime and will be met with harshly. Also, you may not abandon your wounded friend here. We do not watch over your trash."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"I guess I'll stay out here. Take Aroden inside. Get him to an inn or a healer. Maybe Reiko can stay with them. Then, you can arrange the pass so we can get Brig taken care of and arrange a proper burial or what ever is appropriate for her faith." Grathar suggests.

Grathar hands a few gold coins to Reiko along with his healer kit. "For the room or a healer or .. "service fees" or whatever." Grathar says quietly.

Grathar carries Bríg back and away from the gate to be out of the way and looks for a comfortable spot to lay her down.

Spoiler
    Show

- 2 gp
    - healer kit (7 charges) (if she takes these, I'll remove from my sheet)

17. - Top - End - #257

Reiko takes the gold and healer's kit and waits for Mordren.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren nods and follows Reiko letting her lead the way

19. - Top - End - #259

Mordren and Reiko enter with Aroden, don't go far before taking a left at Red Shield Tavern, and then continue NNE until they get to the North Gate Cemetery, with its attached Temple of Silence.

Once Father Faldinor has been told what happens, he has them lay Aroden carefully under the watchful eye of an acolyte. He then follows Mordren back out to the front of the gate and shows the Hellknight papers.

The Hellknight says, "Very well. The Temple of Silence now has custody of your fallen member, and as your charter's intermediary has already set up a ... erm, tab ... at the temple, her gear will serve as cost vs. funeral and the remaining funds - less taxes - will be sent to her nearest living relatives. Thank you for honoring your fallen more than most have."

Now what?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-08-29 at 04:43 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren furrows her brow in confusion, "I believe there's been a misunderstanding, the companion we brought to you is still alive and is only in need of healing, we were told that we needed forms from you in order to bring our fallen companion into the city. another of our party is watching over him now awaiting our return with the needed documents."

21. - Top - End - #261

"No, confusion," says the priest. (And if there were, here is where it's demystified.)

You were absolutely NOT allowed to bring a dead body into town "on good faith" that you would see the priest. The priest would have to come out to see the body outside of the gates, and then custody would be remanded. Meanwhile, Grathar told you to take Aroden inside, which you did. In fact, you will find out from the priest that per the terms of a prepaid contract by one "Ezren" the Temple of Silence is giving a single healing spell to your unconscious friend Aroden as you speak.

And Reiko is with Aroden as well right now.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-08-29 at 04:42 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

Grathar smiles at Morden's return. He bows to the hellknight at the gate.

"Thank you for your help, Father." Grathar says.

"We should check on Aroden and Reiko. Make sure he is alright. If he is fit for travel, we should retire to the inn and rest up. Maybe get word to Ezren in the morning. I can throw together some updated notes. We almost lost half the team, I think maybe we should ask for a replacement for Bríg. Not sure if that is possible on short notice. How does that sound?" Grathar rambles nervously.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Mordren nods and smiles "​He should be fine, he should have received a healing spell by now, and Reiko is with him."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Okay, let's go pick up Aroden and Reiko. Make sure they are alright and the go rest up for tomorrow."

Grathar enters the town and heads towards the temple.

25. - Top - End - #265

The duo get to the Temple, where they find Reiko and a still-unconscious Aroden. The acolyte explains that only one cure spell was contracted, regardless of efficacy, and while it was cast upon him - your friend Aroden was so badly wounded that he is still comatose. And before you ask, that part has been contracted and completed. The Temple is NOT a hospital, so you may not leave him here to convalesce.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-09-03 at 02:44 AM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"I hope our next companion is lighter." Grathar says.

"Umm, is there a hospital in town ?" He asks the acolyte.

27. - Top - End - #267

"A what--?" he asks.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"Ahh, nevermind. I think what I mean to say is, 'Thank you for your help' "

"I guess its back to the inn. Morden can you do the honours please?" Grathar motions to Aroden. He grabs any of their gear that needs gathering, weapons, packs etc.

29. - Top - End - #269

Aaaaand back at the inn!

Ezren is there, and he receives the full report of what happened.

Nodding he says, "It is a pity that death should stare you so in the face, and nearly for two of your number. But you are at the beginning of your adventuring careers, and death is a constant companion in our line of work. Aroden is a lucky man. Unfortunately, I do not have endless resources, so he will need Grathar looking over him for several days while he convalesces. Meanwhile, I have a line on someone who might be a good addition to your group. Unfortunately, he is not a healer, but healers are like gold in this game; you always want for them, but don't always have access to them."

He lets what he says sink in and then asks, "So, will you be continuing your explorations, should I find a fourth member?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grathar

"I'm still in. It was a harrowing experience. At least a number of those wretched goblins have been defeated. Almost worth the cost. Almost. I want to know more - the spire still has secrets. I can't speak for the others. We may need to wait a while to find out Aroden's answer. The monastery taught me the basics of tending to injuries but I may be slightly out of my depth. So it might be a day or two. I think arranging a fourth is a good idea. Not sure I would want to venture in there with out someone else" Grathar says.

"Reiko, could I get that healer's kit back from you? I fear I may need it again soon." Grathar asks.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2023-09-07 at 12:44 PM.