New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

the adjacent building, two droideka destroyer droids, one standing on the lip of the balcony and firing down into the street, and the other firing towards the staircase.

were there windows on the other balcony ?

so its a move action: to go out to the balcony edge, then jump the 10ft across .. . right

acrobatics/athletics +2 < presumed for jumping
    probably would use a force point as well

the question is can I toss my grenade as I land at the droids feet, and get through a possible window on the otherside ?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    the adjacent building, two droideka destroyer droids, one standing on the lip of the balcony and firing down into the street, and the other firing towards the staircase.

were there windows on the other balcony ?

so its a move action: to go out to the balcony edge, then jump the 10ft across .. . right

acrobatics/athletics +2 < presumed for jumping
    probably would use a force point as well

the question is can I toss my grenade as I land at the droids feet, and get through a possible window on the otherside ?
    There are two windows, just like your building, though one of them is now little more than rubble. It’s 20’ to the balcony edge and then a 10’ jump. That puts you 20’ away from both droideka (through they are about 10’ away from one another). It’s a 2 square gap so that’s dc9 (because you have a 4 square running start). You can make it and throw the grenade in one round (just).

Or you can skip the grenade and take a second move action instead to get to the window, but the droideka is parked in front of it so you won’t be able to get inside in one turn without tumbling adjacent to it or risking attack of opportunity.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-24 at 09:22 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    There are two windows, just like your building, though one of them is now little more than rubble. It’s 20’ to the balcony edge and then a 10’ jump. That puts you 20’ away from both droideka (through they are about 10’ away from one another). It’s a 2 square gap so that’s dc9 (because you have a 4 square running start). You can make it and throw the grenade in one round (just).

Or you can skip the grenade and take a second move action instead to get to the window, but the droideka is parked in front of it so you won’t be able to get inside in one turn without tumbling adjacent to it or risking attack of opportunity.
    so I can run the 20ft roll a dc 9 jump <acrobatics/athletics> check for that 10ft, drop the grenade but not get through the window even with that tumble check ..

OR

do all that and not drop the grenade and possibly get through on a tumble <acrobatics/athletics> check

choices either way they will know I am there... one just possibly hurts less.

action (double move)
    run + jump + tumble + hide behind a wall if possible once through the window

Acrobatics: (1d20+2)[15]
    Force Point (1d6)[3]

Athlethics: (1d20+2)[11]
    Force Point (1d6)[6]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

so I can run the 20ft roll a dc 9 jump <acrobatics/athletics> check for that 10ft, drop the grenade but not get through the window even with that tumble check ..

OR

do all that and not drop the grenade and possibly get through on a tumble <acrobatics/athletics> check

choices either way they will know I am there... one just possibly hurts less.

action (double move)
    run + jump + tumble + hide behind a wall if possible once through the window

Acrobatics: [roll0]
    Force Point [roll1]

Athlethics: [roll2]
    Force Point [roll3]
    It's a jump check not athletics but that's good enough. FYI you can only spend one force point per round.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Which droideka are you targeting with combustion, the damaged one by the window or the undamahed one at the edge of the balcony?
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Damaged one at the edge.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

It's a jump check not athletics but that's good enough. FYI you can only spend one force point per round.
    ahh well jump was still a +2 regardless and I was not sure which was the appropriate as I failed to actually see jump on my sheet ( wearing glasses ) anyways I did not realize there was only 1 force point per round but if I make the jump ignoring that force point portion, then the other is used as the tumble force point to ensure getting behind something solid - if possible

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

ahh well jump was still a +2 regardless and I was not sure which was the appropriate as I failed to actually see jump on my sheet ( wearing glasses ) anyways I did not realize there was only 1 force point per round but if I make the jump ignoring that force point portion, then the other is used as the tumble force point to ensure getting behind something solid - if possible
    Yah I used the force point on the one you needed it. You can get to the steps and the 501st with a single move action, so that's not a problem.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-27 at 11:07 AM.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #309

RedWizardGuy

So the Droideka is fleeing, probably faster than any of us, but what other droids are still around?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    So the Droideka is fleeing, probably faster than any of us, but what other droids are still around?
    You don’t see any other droids nearby. Yes, it’s fleeing at a speed of 10. You can take pot shots at it for a round if you like.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You don’t see any other droids nearby. Yes, it’s fleeing at a speed of 10. You can take pot shots at it for a round if you like.
    well from where I presume cora is in a stairwell, it would be at least a move to the balcony and maybe get a shot off, but she would not know it rolled off in the first place...

so probably nothing other than moving down the stairs and back to the vehicle

12. - Top - End - #312

RedWizardGuy

Would I have had chance to get my force powers back?
    How far is this probe droid?
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-10-29 at 02:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Would I have had chance to get my force powers back?
    How far is this probe droid?
    Force Powers are back yes. It’s about 50’ away, moving the opposites direction down a parallel street.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

He takes point towards the detention center, staying about 40-50' ahead of you, but as you pass a side street, you spot a Separatist probe droid headed the opposite direction. If it continues on its path, it will likely intercept the 501st clones on their way to the shield generator.

You only have moments to make a decision on what to do...
    I have a long range comm radio, and I am certain the 501st have one radio on them.. I would presume that we would know their radio frequency...

what is the roll if any to use the radio to contact them ?
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-10-30 at 09:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

I have a long range comm radio, and I am certain the 501st have one radio on them.. I would presume that we would know their radio frequency...

what is the roll if any to use the radio to contact them ?
    No roll, feel free to use the comlink to contact them.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Edited IC post just now.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #317

RedWizardGuy

Would Perception work to figure out if it spotted me?
    (1d20+8)[22] perception

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Would Perception work to figure out if it spotted me?
    [roll0] perception
    It was turning towards you but then self destructed before it could train a camera on you.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #319

RedWizardGuy

Initiative (1d20+1)[5]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Cora Initiative : (1d20+7)[19]
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Well... I did not expect that thing to take zero damage from all those attacks, but here we are.

Go players, you can do it!
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #322

RedWizardGuy

Evidently I cannot do it, rolled a 2, also forgot to include damage rolls, not that it matters.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-11-09 at 11:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Kinda out of it, the sick bug is running amok

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda out of it, the sick bug is running amok
    Hello there, feeling better?
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Evidently I cannot do it, rolled a 2, also forgot to include damage rolls, not that it matters.
    Ok, looks like Samduke is indisposed. I have an alternate I can bring in, or you could solo the rest of this mission while I run samduke’s char as an npc. Your call.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-11-15 at 08:46 PM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #326

RedWizardGuy

If you've got someone in mind I see no reason not to bring them in.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I posted IC and then thunder posted IC, then gm then thunder, and my pc went on the fritz...

sorry I have caught up and posted a shot but the rng hates me fairly certain it missed

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-11-17 at 07:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Droideka attack on Sadaki: (1d20+10)[17]
    damage: (3d8)[18]
    Droideka attack on Cora: (1d20+10)[20]
    damage: (3d8)[12]

Sadaki attack on droideka: (1d20+11)[23]
    damage:(2d8+5)[14]

Sadaki counterpunch AOO on droideka: (1d20+11)[17]
    UTF: (1d20+14)[16]
    damage: (5d8)[8][6][7][7][5](33)+5

clones attack on droideka:
    attack: (1d20)[11]
    damage: (3d12)[20]
    attack: (1d20+5)[24]
    damage: (3d8)[21]
    attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    damage: (3d8)[14]
    attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    damage: (3d8)[5]
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

take 12 damage from an attack of 20, unless you have a trick to pull.

uh force dodge ( LOL ) - dont think cora has anything useful in the meager use the force stuff that she can do to avoid or minimalize the damage

Cora current hp 17 of 29

30. - Top - End - #330

RedWizardGuy

I have deduced that the forum dice roller is siding with the droid, probably because it's a machine.