New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Samduke, how are you looking for mines, and as there aren't any signs, which building are you headed to, the round one in the center or the long one in the corner of the courtyard?
    looking at the ground I guess, seems a thing to do when looking for mines

head towards the out of the way building also as that seems logical , I presume to see the party headed that way as well

the capacitors & what do they look like, and can the computer tell me if there are any, without a id code or requisition number

knowledge (galatic lore) (1d20+11)[25]
    use computer (1d20+6)[23]
    gather information (1d20+5)[25]
    mechanics (1d20+1)[11]
    perception (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-13 at 11:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

How many rows of stuff does it look like there are to search, is it just 3 rows with stuff on each side each served by a ceiling claw?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    How many rows of stuff does it look like there are to search, is it just 3 rows with stuff on each side each served by a ceiling claw?
    There are three tracks for claws, but only one is visible, and the building is about 120 feet long. The piles of stuff are haphazard and more or less extend the length of the building. There is not _that_ much and it is conceivable to simply look through the piles of stuff and try to find the capacitors yourselves. If you want to do that, I’ll need to know who is searching where.

You could also try to find a destroyed maintenance droid to see if you can download the inventory key from its memory.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

If you’re going to search the warehouse, I need to know how you’re splitting up (if you’re splitting up) and where each group is going to search (i.e. in the left most row, starting from 30’ and working their way back, etc). The storage area is 100’ by 40’, with the hole in the ceiling about 70’ back.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The building is about 120 feet long.
    The storage area is 100ft by 40ft with 3 tracks for claws

I am going to presume some sort of layout like this - If I am off @Thundercracker please make corrections.

exterior wall - walking space - row 1 - walking space - row 2 - walking space - row 3 - walking space - exterior wall

Not sure if splitting up is a great idea so discussion on that required

the engineers have a decent idea of what we are looking for so I would say if we are to split up 4 even groups with a knowledgeable engineer or 2 in each group. start at the far end and work back towards the closest end.
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-16 at 12:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    The building is about 120 feet long.
    The storage area is 100ft by 40ft with 3 tracks for claws

I am going to presume some sort of layout like this - If I am off @Thundercracker please make corrections.

exterior wall - walking space - row 1 - walking space - row 2 - walking space - row 3 - walking space - exterior wall

Not sure if splitting up is a great idea so discussion on that required

the engineers have a decent idea of what we are looking for so I would say if we are to split up 4 even groups with a knowledgeable engineer or 2 in each group. start at the far end and work back towards the closest end.
    Yes, that's the (more or less) layout. The rows aren't perfectly neat, and there are spots where debris has fallen over into a walking area, but that's generally it.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #97

RedWizardGuy

Makes sense to split into 4 groups and take a row each, one of our characters and a clone in each, only three engineers though, so one group would have to do without (I'd suggest the one with Ax since he's probably capable of anything an engineer can do)

I'm about to edit my IC post actually.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-04-16 at 03:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

sounds good then

9. - Top - End - #99

RedWizardGuy

Rolling my checks here.

Take 10 for 18 on Use the Force to sense surrounding.
    (1d20+7)[21] perception

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

Initiative (1d20)[8]
    Perception (1d20+7)[11]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20+7)[17]

Perception: (1d20+8)[20]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Initiative (1d20+5)[12]
    Perception (1d20+6)[26]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Party's turn to act, anyone can post in any order.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #104

RedWizardGuy

What size category is it?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

What size category is it?
    Medium size
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #106

RedWizardGuy

Ok so I got a 27 on my move object, meaning that rather than the 2d6 from DC 15 I get to do 6d6 for DC 25, which is an extra (4d6)[11] on top of what I rolled in the IC thread.
    (Unless this thing has a will DC of 28 or more)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

so are we out of combat ?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

so are we out of combat ?
    Yes, combat is over
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #109

RedWizardGuy

(i accidentally posted this to IC, but) Which clone is injured?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

(i accidentally posted this to IC, but) Which clone is injured?
    It's CT-0476, the one with medical training.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora has
    medical kit:
    This backpack-sized Medical Kit includes almost everything a first responder needs to save a life: diagnostic scanners, anti-venom, medicine to counteract the effects of contaminated water and Radiation poisoning, burn treatments, defibrillators, respirators, shock blankets, pressure cuffs, a collapsible repulsorlift stretcher for patient transport (Capable of hovering with 160 kg load), and even limited surgical tools. In addition, a Medical Kit has six external pouches for carrying expendable medical supplies, such as Medpacs.

medpac x6:
    A Medpac contains bandages, Bacta, synthetic flesh, coagulants, stimulants, and other medicines designed to help an injured patient recover quickly.
    Once you use a Medpac, its contents are expended even if your Treat Injury check is not successful. Any given creature can only benefit from the use of a Medpac once in a 24-hour period.

Treat Injury (Cora): (1d20-3)[12]
    Treat Injury (CT-0476): (1d20+2)[13]
    First Aid (Requires Medpac)
    As a Full-Round Action, you can administer First Aid to an Unconscious or wounded creature. If you succeed on a DC 15 Treat Injury check, the creature regains a number of Hit Points equal to its Character Level, +1 for every point by which your check exceeds the DC. Using a Medical Kit grants a +2 Equipment bonus on your skill check.
    If the skill check succeeds, the tended creature cannot benefit from additional First Aid for 24 hours. You can administer First Aid on yourself, but you take a -5 penalty on your Treat Injury check.

edited
    well nuts, cant say cora did not try
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-03 at 02:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Cora has
    medical kit:
    This backpack-sized Medical Kit includes almost everything a first responder needs to save a life: diagnostic scanners, anti-venom, medicine to counteract the effects of contaminated water and Radiation poisoning, burn treatments, defibrillators, respirators, shock blankets, pressure cuffs, a collapsible repulsorlift stretcher for patient transport (Capable of hovering with 160 kg load), and even limited surgical tools. In addition, a Medical Kit has six external pouches for carrying expendable medical supplies, such as Medpacs.

medpac x6:
    A Medpac contains bandages, Bacta, synthetic flesh, coagulants, stimulants, and other medicines designed to help an injured patient recover quickly.
    Once you use a Medpac, its contents are expended even if your Treat Injury check is not successful. Any given creature can only benefit from the use of a Medpac once in a 24-hour period.

Treat Injury (Cora): (1d20+6)[24]
    Treat Injury (CT-0476): (1d20+1)[8]
    First Aid (Requires Medpac)
    As a Full-Round Action, you can administer First Aid to an Unconscious or wounded creature. If you succeed on a DC 15 Treat Injury check, the creature regains a number of Hit Points equal to its Character Level, +1 for every point by which your check exceeds the DC. Using a Medical Kit grants a +2 Equipment bonus on your skill check.
    If the skill check succeeds, the tended creature cannot benefit from additional First Aid for 24 hours. You can administer First Aid on yourself, but you take a -5 penalty on your Treat Injury check.

edited
    well nuts, cant say cora did not try
    Treat Injury (Cora): (1d20+6)[24]
    Treat Injury (CT-0476): (1d20+1)[8]
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"Stay close to me, Odz"
    Are you trying to give 0476 a name, bc one of the other clones is named Odi so it's not clear.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"So while they fix that, anyone got suggestions for where we might find that mainframe backup so we can have R4 retrieve the communication logs?"

not certain if gather information , knowledge (galatic lore) , knowledge (Tactics) , perception or use computer - skill checks might be relevant to the subject of finding the backup, or having an idea of where it is BUT here goes checks for what it may be worth

gather information: (1d20+5)[9]
    knowledge (galatic lore): (1d20+11)[24]
    knowledge (Tactics): (1d20+6)[15]
    perception (1d20+5)[11]
    use computer: (1d20+6)[17]

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "Stay close to me, Odz"
    Are you trying to give 0476 a name, bc one of the other clones is named Odi so it's not clear.
    Giving him a name. But I did realize that the names get a bit similar since I based them on Aurebesh and the closest symbol I could find matching their numbers.

26. - Top - End - #116

I am on a business trip, which was a lot more busy than expected. Will probably be able to respond properly next week, so feel free to make assumptions for Ilyene or roll dice if I am holding up the game.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Thunder I need to know exactly how you're planning to do this because there's a chance you could set some mines off.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #118

RedWizardGuy

Ah, I was going for the same thing as before and definitely won't be stepping anywhere we didn't already clear.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I was going for the same thing as before and definitely won't be stepping anywhere we didn't already clear.
    Ok so search using the Force, if you find it, send someone in to disable it, if not, smack the square a few times with a metal pole, right?

who is going to do the disabling?
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Oh wasn't planning to disable them, I figure if we know there's a mine there and whatever's coming doesn't that gives us the advantage. I'm definitely planning to try and throw an enemy at a mine if we fight there.

EDIT: Is there anything stopping me from retrying the checks?
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-05-13 at 09:46 AM.