New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Irizi'stal'nafis

“Does our target also have the same switches? Would our target have locked doors? If we want to shoot things for fun, throwing ourselves at it seems reasonable, but if we want to practice, perhaps we should not see it just as a practice to beat, but to train before the mission? We are all here because we can shoot. What we lack is cohesion and understanding of our target. To see that we have thought of all troubles that can arise, not that we can gun down practice drones or set some sort of score.” Zistalna sounded slightly annoyed as she spoke, but avoided eye contact.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Oh I don't shoot things, the force is my weapon."

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"No switches, but other objectives," Skira pointed out. "Plant bomb. Extract ally." He grinned. "Capture target."

At Coralej's revelation, Skira turned to face him. "You Jedi? Nice. Where lightsaber?"
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Irizi'stal'nafis

“Does our target also have the same switches? Would our target have locked doors? If we want to shoot things for fun, throwing ourselves at it seems reasonable, but if we want to practice, perhaps we should not see it just as a practice to beat, but to train before the mission? We are all here because we can shoot. What we lack is cohesion and understanding of our target. To see that we have thought of all troubles that can arise, not that we can gun down practice drones or set some sort of score.” Zistalna sounded slightly annoyed as she spoke, but avoided eye contact.
    The clone shrugged in response.
    "I've never done the course on this ship before, so your guess is as good as mine," he replied, "Seeing as others are planning the same assault though, it probably will match up with what we know about Corp Alliance HQ. Probably."

The heavy weapons clone pipes up.
    "We won't know until we get in there. Let's blast something!"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #545

RedWizardGuy

Coralej turns to Skria "I never said I was a Jedi, no glowing swords here."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

A buzzer sounds, notifying that your session has started and you should start advancing.

Spoiler
    Show
    In an effort to move this along, and since the party has determined to split, the first post will pick a path, left, right, center, and can include whichever NPCs they want (all players and three of the clones are with you, everyone except Odi). Second player can choose to go with the first group or a different path (and take clone(s) that remain). If nobody picks a clone then i will assign them.

The proving ground will essentially be decision based, we're not going to bog down into a full combat here. You'll have to make a few quick choices and then we'll move on to the next part of the adventure; hope everyone is OK with this approach.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-08 at 03:41 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #547

RedWizardGuy

"CT-RH-1453, CT-RH-0509 with me, down the middle, shoot anything that gets in our way!"
    Coralej heads straight for the middle, simple and effective.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Coralej would ask another player, but I don't want to force anyone.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skira cocked his head, not comprehending the difference between "Force-user" and "Jedi", but before he could question Coralej further, the buzzer sounded and he sprang into action. "C'mon!" he snarled at the medic, tugging his arm and dashing off to the right flank.

9. - Top - End - #549

Irizi'stal'nafis

"Looks like it's you, me and that clinker of yours." Zistalna tells the Jawa. "We'll take the left flank, but be more standoffish to reinforce if there's a need."

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Irizi'stal'nafis

"Looks like it's you, me and that clinker of yours." Zistalna tells the Jawa. "We'll take the left flank, but be more standoffish to reinforce if there's a need."
    The Jawa nods, then gives instructions to IG-GY. The idea that deactivating IG-GY's ability to speak Basic would solve several problems occurs to T'tchiirt, but this isn't the time.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

The teams split up and go three ways. Droids pop up behind cover and as you're all reasonably experienced, along with the clones, you blast your way through, only slowing down slightly as you leap-frog your way through the obstacle course.

Coralej, with the middle team, runs into a makeshift bunker, with at least three droids firing from two covered position. Beyond them, you spot a red button which will deactivate them attached to the far wall. Trying to sprint to get to it would allow you to bypass the room faster, but whoever runs the gauntlet might get hit.

Skira and the medic charge to the right and encounter a room with pillars that rise up and down. Target droids periodically appear as some of them rise up, meaning you need to keep your guard up. You can stop and try to figure out the pattern, or try to charge your way through.

Zistalna, T'tchiirt, and the droid take the left path and fight their way to a crossroads. Blaster fire echoes from the right; it sounds like another team is there, so you could go that way to back them up, or you could charge ahead towards the team objective.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-13 at 02:21 AM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

T'tchiirt sees the objective! She chitters a command for IG-GY to lay down suppressing fire and charges forward!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #553

RedWizardGuy

"No need to get hit, stick to cover."
    Coralej will do as he says until he can get within 60ft, at which point he'll try and hit the button with The Force

Show
    As in, once he's to that close he'll either use Move Object on the button, or if that's not possible (no idea what other power it would be), he'll just use it on whatever's nearby and hit the button with that.
    (1d20+14)[33] Use the Force.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skira looked over the collection of pillars with a scowl. They could be here all day, trying to suss out a pattern, if there was even one to be had. Or he could let his hunter's keen senses and hair-trigger reflexes carry the day.

"Next target appear, we blast, then run," he said to -0476.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2024-03-13 at 04:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555

Irizi'stal'nafis

“Wai…” Zistalna tries to call out as the strange creature makes a run for it. This was to coordinate teamwork, and it was already failing. There would be no magical buttons that won the fight in reality. Or it would be strange if it was. It was like the Republic was trying to keep up morale by not playing loosing scenarios, like their troopers did not mind.

“Stay cool, left team has has a member entering the objective, watch friendly fire.” She calls out on the comms. While reinforcing the other teams would have been the move here, she can’t abandon her teammate, instead advancing carefully between cover to provide support if needed.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    T'tchiirt sees the objective! She chitters a command for IG-GY to lay down suppressing fire and charges forward!
    Irizi'stal'nafis

“Wai…” Zistalna tries to call out as the strange creature makes a run for it. This was to coordinate teamwork, and it was already failing. There would be no magical buttons that won the fight in reality. Or it would be strange if it was. It was like the Republic was trying to keep up morale by not playing loosing scenarios, like their troopers did not mind.

“Stay cool, left team has has a member entering the objective, watch friendly fire.” She calls out on the comms. While reinforcing the other teams would have been the move here, she can’t abandon her teammate, instead advancing carefully between cover to provide support if needed.
    You charge forward but your progress is stalled as you arrive at a hardened position. At least two bunkers lie ahead of you with potentially more out of sight, and several droids fire at you from view-slots in the defensive structures. They focus their fire on you and you're forced to huddle behind a mock-desk or risk getting tagged, possibly more than once. The droid follows your lead and hunkers down against an adjacent desk.

You can try to pick off the droids through their shooting slots, or perhaps one of you could create a distraction while the others get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    "No need to get hit, stick to cover."
    Coralej will do as he says until he can get within 60ft, at which point he'll try and hit the button with The Force

Show
    As in, once he's to that close he'll either use Move Object on the button, or if that's not possible (no idea what other power it would be), he'll just use it on whatever's nearby and hit the button with that.
    [roll0] Use the Force.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move object works

You make you way methodically through the room, clearing out the first bunker and then hustling up against the second, which gets you in range to reach out with the Force and deactivate the droids. Your team managed to avoid taking any hits, but you're now almost certainly behind the others.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Skira looked over the collection of pillars with a scowl. They could be here all day, trying to suss out a pattern, if there was even one to be had. Or he could let his hunter's keen senses and hair-trigger reflexes carry the day.

"Next target appear, we blast, then run," he said to -0476.
    You blast your way through the moving pillars, and take a stinging hit in the side, not enough to knock you out of the exercise, but it feels like an extra strong stun bolt because half your body goes almost numb. Still, you clear the pillars at a quick pace and close in on a bunker in the distance, though no fire is coming out if it for the moment. You can pause here to receive treatment from the medical clone or press forward.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Skira ducked behind a pillar and slumped against it, breathing hard in attempt to restore some feeling. "Sithspit, what they using? Got anything that'll give me feeling in my arm?" he asked the medic.

18. - Top - End - #558

Irizi'stal'nafis

“Left team exposed and taking heavy fire. Making sure we hold their attention.” Zistalna calls out, firing inaccurately from behind cover to keep the droids attention.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

T'tchiirt hides from the droids, and readies her flamethrower, but it is unlikely to do much unless the droids are foolish enough to break cover. What was I thinking.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"We through first room on right, bunkers ahead, no enemy," Skira commed back.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

You arrive at a deserted fortified position, a series of barriers set up to make it easy to shoot out but which provide cover against the enemy. Beyond that is a 4-way intersection with a blast door leading directly away from you, and hallways both to the left and right. Blaster fire and the sound of droid movement comes from the left and you can see the reflections of flashes of blaster bolts against the wall. You could try to sneak your way past the droids or perhaps approach them from behind.

Skira ducked behind a pillar and slumped against it, breathing hard in attempt to restore some feeling. "Sithspit, what they using? Got anything that'll give me feeling in my arm?" he asked the medic.
    The medic kneels down, pulls out a small case, and slaps a patch of some kind against your side where you were hit, and the numbness begins to fade. You advance farther and reach a deserted fortified position. Past the barrier, the hallway turns to the left, and the sound of intense blaster fire echoes from down the corridor.

"Seems too easy," the medic says, "think it's a trap?"

Irizi'stal'nafis

“Left team exposed and taking heavy fire. Making sure we hold their attention.” Zistalna calls out, firing inaccurately from behind cover to keep the droids attention.
    As you shoot, the droids return fire, and if anything, the intensity seems to increase, making it almost suicide to leave cover; you're pinned down.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-03-21 at 01:39 AM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #562

RedWizardGuy

"Keep moving, lets see if we can get behind the droids to the left, give the others a little help."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-03-21 at 04:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Aaaah! Thanks, Patches," said Skira as the whatever was in the patch did its job. The most useful piece of advice he'd ever received was "always make friends with the medic".

At the corner, Skira replied, "Yeah. Damn popups can be anywhere. Circle wide that way, I go this way. We flank it."

24. - Top - End - #564

Irizi'stal'nafis

“Is this what they teach you in basic training?” Zistalna asked, surpassingly calm. “This is why war is won by communication. I like your aggression…” she break a bit as a blast comes uncomfortably close. “But without any communication, you’d be dead, and your team with you. Learn from this, rely on your training and talk before acting, and it’ll be fine. This is a bad spot to be in, but we undeniably have their attention, so one of our other teams can hopefully bail us out.”

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej comes up upon the rear of the droids firing from behind, and half of them split their attention. A fierce firefight breaks out, and the team that was pinned down suddenly finds the blaster bolts zinging around them drop in intensity.

Either team can now either hold position or press the attack.

Skira comes to an intersection with a blast door, behind which probably lies the team objective, to the right, and an abandoned fortification to the left. A firefight is ongoing ahead of you. You can press on to assist in the skirmish or try to get the blast door open.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #566

Irizi'stal'nafis

"Timely. Now is the time for aggression. Have your droid lay down covering fire and then we push from from both sides. Be careful not to get overenthusiastic and fry our friends though. Go!"

Zistalna will start firing as soon as the droid and rat go.

27. - Top - End - #567

RedWizardGuy

"Lets keep the pressure up and crush them between us!"

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Score! Skira's face lit up as he laid eyes on the door to the objective. Having a clear shot to the target with the rest of the team engaged in a light fight was what every bounty hunter dreamed of. The lack of an actual acquisition didn't dampen Skira' spirits any as he went up to the door and opened it.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Irizi'stal'nafis

"Timely. Now is the time for aggression. Have your droid lay down covering fire and then we push from from both sides. Be careful not to get overenthusiastic and fry our friends though. Go!"

Zistalna will start firing as soon as the droid and rat go.
    T'tchiirt explains the plan quickly to IG-GY, and readies herself to do her part!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Score! Skira's face lit up as he laid eyes on the door to the objective. Having a clear shot to the target with the rest of the team engaged in a light fight was what every bounty hunter dreamed of. The lack of an actual acquisition didn't dampen Skira' spirits any as he went up to the door and opened it.
    Inside the blast door is a simple green flag, about six feet tall.

Other two teams
    The eight droids are flanked from both sides, and quickly go down in a fullisade of blue training blaster bolts. Coralej takes a stun bolt in the leg, but it doesn't affect the outcome at all, and you meet in the middle, by the barrier the droids had been using to shelter behind.
    TC for short