New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Coralej

Coralej quickly wakes the clones "We've got movement, same direction as the droids from before."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

The three clones shake off the Force trance, and quickly take up their old positions, prone near the edge of the second story, and Odi follows suit.

You cannot see exactly what the makeup of the enemy force is. Droids would only halt if ordered to, either for their entire force to join the battle formation or for a second group to get into position.

It is still dark, so anything beyond the illuminated compound grounds is effectively invisible without some kind of enhanced vision.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

speaking to the others: Do we have any way of putting light out there where they are?

4. - Top - End - #274

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej shakes his head "Don't think so, we weren't really expecting to need much illumination, too far to throw a Glow Rod. Don't suppose those Macrobinoculars have night vision? I think R4 could see in that dark room, can he see anything?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene

Perhaps if we got contact with orbital, we could ask them to illuminate the drones position?” Ilyene asks with cold determination. She had no intention of seeing their rescue craft being shot down.

6. - Top - End - #276

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej comms the Jedi again "Can we get an ETA on your return, we've got movement on the perimeter again."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

Coralej comms the Jedi again "Can we get an ETA on your return, we've got movement on the perimeter again."
    Sadaki’s voice crackles through the comlink.
    “We’re in sight of the dish, coming down from the mountain from the west. Where are the enemy?”

As he responds, you spot movement to your right, from the east, as a trio of droideka destroyer droids roll into the light at the destroyed portion of the wall near the power station. They halt and stop and unfold to hold position, but do not open fire (yet).

Through macro binoculars:
    The droids near the woods to the north start their advance, another 10 b-1’s, and a pair of b-2’s clear the trees and start marching across the field.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-15 at 10:14 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #278

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Over the comm to the Jedi "From the North and East, in particular we've got 3 Droideka unfolded just east of the Power Station."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

Over the comm to the Jedi "From the North and East, in particular we've got 3 Droideka unfolded just east of the Power Station."
    "Hang tight, we're almost there," the Jedi replies. You cannot spot them yet, but they would be beneath the trees so perhaps they're moving under cover.

The droids on the field continue marching, and none of the enemy are firing yet. It won't be long before they reach the edge of the compound wall.

"When should we start shooting, sir?" one of the clones asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    The droids are double moving, and they have 20 squares field to cover to the compound wall. After passing through the breach, it's another 24 squares to the near edge of the maintenance building, 10 squares of courtyard between the maintenance building and the breach in the wall around the security zone (where the mines are), and finally, 10 squares of security zone beneath you to the entrance of the relay station. You can start shooting at any point (or even wait until they're at the front door to start firing), but there is a good chance once you open fire, all the droids will return fire.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #280

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"I think we should wait until they get closer, we'll need to make every shot count and really don't want to start taking fire sooner than we have to, who has the best throwing arm for grenades?" he draws the Flash Canister from his belt "This should briefly blind their optics in a good 15ft radius, have a few less shots coming our way, but I intend to light them up with Force Combustion, so someone else needs to throw it."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

taking full advantage of line of sight and cover

pointing to all of the clones, then responding, one of them maybe

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    taking full advantage of line of sight and cover

pointing to all of the clones, then responding, one of them maybe
    "Any of us can throw a grenade, which group should we throw it at?" one of the clones asked.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #283

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej hands it to the nearest clone (Unless that's CT-RH-1453, becuase we're going to need his heavy blaster) "Once they get close enough you can be confident of your aim, throw it at the biggest group you can, need to get as much use as we can out of it."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

The squad waits in tense silence as the droids continue marching, and a second line of ten clears the trees, though thankfully this one is all B-1 droids. The marching droids get closer, past the Maintenace building, into the security zone beneath the dish.

Your comlink crackles to life.
    "ETA one minute, what's the situation on the ground over there?"
    In the distance, you can see four lights approaching, though it is still too far to see what model of ship they are.

"Situtation is hot, friendlies are in the trees and beneath the dish, droids on approach, request close air support," the hidden Sadaki replies with a whisper.

That's when one of the clones stands up, heaves the flash canister at one of the B-2s and drops back down to the ground. With a brilliant flash and a loud bang, the night is lit up for an instant, and several of the droids stumble around in confusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    party has surprise, there are 18 B-1 droids and a pair of B-2 droids roughly 8-10 squares in front of you, inside the security zone, and three droideka droids 15 squares away, near the power station. Take your action and roll initiative.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #285

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej pokes his head up just long enough to pick out a cluster of droids, then heats the air in a flurry of sparks.

Spoiler: Roll/ooc
    Show
    (1d20)[9] Initiative
    Combustion on a 10x10 square containing as many droids as possible
    (1d20+8)[17] Use the Force check for (4d6)[15]

Are they walking through the minefield or is that the other side?

16. - Top - End - #286

Ilyene

Not overly eager to engage that sort of odds in close combat, Ilyene instead reaches through the Force to try to neutralize one of the droids.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show

If possible to move into range 12 of the droidekas and then use force grip on one of them that will be first choice, otherwise a B2

Initiative
    (1d20)[16]+5 = 21
    Use the Force
    (1d20)[20]+6 = 26, and regain force suite

Damage
    Depending on result, using dice pairs from left to right
    (8d6)[2][3][3][3][4][6][4][5](30) = 21 damage if beats fort (otherwise half) and can only take swift action their next action

If Ilyene could reach a droideka, using a force point to increase damage to 30.
    Last edited by Harmony; 2023-07-21 at 12:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

as the clone stands up and heaves the flash canister at one of the B 1's, Cora checks the range to the drodika's and B'1 with her rangefinding scope.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

A single b-2 is crushed by the Force, sparks flying, armor plates distorting until the machine deactivates. The rest of the droids prepare to return fire…

Spoiler
    Show
    Ilyene still has initiative.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-27 at 12:59 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #289

Ilyene

Once again desperate Ilyene grabs the force and tries to choke one of the B2 droids before hulking down in cover.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

(1d20)[3]+6 Use the force, fails.
    (6d6)[17] damage dice used in pairs depending on result in order, missrolled! But irrelevant due to failure.
    Last edited by Harmony; 2023-07-27 at 10:20 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora

targeting the closest enemy droid Cora fires a blast

(rolled ooc)
    Blaster Rifle point blank range
    (1d20+1)[18] -5 non prof (13)
    Damage
    (3d8)[17]

(30 shots remain)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-07-27 at 10:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

At the far end of the droid advancing line, the second b-2 and one of the b-1 droids are engulfed in flames, and the B1 malfunctions and falls apart. Cora takes down another with a pinpoint shot. The four clones open up with their blaster rifles flooding the security zone with blaster fire. As the droids come under attack they start to open fire, but as they do so, concentrated blaster fire explodes from the woods to the west, from above the relay station, and pours into the courtyard - it is the other group of clones, led by the Jedi. The entire area becomes a veritable hailstorm of searing energy, exploding mines, and flying debris, but thanks to the party whittling down the advancing droids, the four clones at the relay station are unharmed.

The three droideka to the east, however, are unencumbered by suppressing fire and unleash a devastating fusillade on the group.
    Spoiler
    Show

autofire attacks vs reflex defense, half damage on a miss.
    Cora:
    attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    damage: (3d8)[7]
    Ilyene:
    attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    damage: (3d8)[17]
    Coralej:
    attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    damage: (3d8)[22]
    Anyone who goes to negative hp can spend a force point to stay alive.

Sadaki, the jedi knight, appears with his blue lightsaber glowing like a beacon in the darkness, and stands at the edge of the second story, facing the droideka.

"Get to cover behind the dish!" he shouts as he starts deflecting blaster fire from the droideka to defend the group.

The engineers quickly follow orders and move to the far side of the building as four LAAT/i gunships transports arrive and start firing on the droids on the ground. Two of them circle around back and hover near the rear of the building so the engineers can start loading up.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-27 at 11:14 PM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The engineers are on board, time to leave this rock!
    on coras turn, she will take the double move to board the transport

23. - Top - End - #293

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej attempts to protect himself with the force, but it's just too much and he's left barely standing.

Assuming there's droids other than Droideka in range, he'll reach out and try to throw one into another before running as far back as he can.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Negate failed in OOC, wanted to see the result before typing this up.
    The usual (1d20+8)[24] vs will of the first droid and reflex of second, needing 15 minimum, for (2d6)[5] damage or (4d6)[14] on 20+ or 6d6 (so adding both sets of damage dice) on a 25+

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

Coralej attempts to protect himself with the force, but it's just too much and he's left barely standing.

Assuming there's droids other than Droideka in range, he'll reach out and try to throw one into another before running as far back as he can.

Show
    Negate failed in OOC, wanted to see the result before typing this up.
    The usual [roll0] vs will of the first droid and reflex of second, needing 15 minimum, for [roll1] damage or [roll2] on 20+ or 6d6 (so adding both sets of damage dice) on a 25+
    With all of the destruction raining down from both the clones hidden in the mountain and the two transports providing overhead fire, the mines going off, and the droids returning fire, it’s difficult to see if your attempt destroyed a droid or not.

“Time to go!” One of the clones says, but as they stay with you and retreat, one of them is struck in the shoulder and goes down. Two of them stop shooting and sling their rifles to drag their fallen comrade towards the transport. They’re only a few feet in front of you, but behind, you have a clear path to the waiting transport. You spot two of the droideka split off to the side to get a clear line of sight to the four clones, around Sadaki, who continues to fend off a constant stream of blaster bolts from the third.

Cora sees all of this playing out from her vantage point on the transport.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-08-01 at 09:03 PM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #295

Ilyene

Noticing the flanking droideka's, Ilyene will move towards the transporter,aiming to position herself to draw their fire and protect the clones.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Transport
    Cora

Cora seeing the droideka's attempting to flank, opens up with a hail of autofire on the droideka's closest to her clone troopers, in hopes that at the very least it will allow the clones a chance to get out unharmed as the droideka's are taking cover

rolls in ooc
    Blaster Rifle point blank range
    (1d20+1)[19] -5 non prof -5 Autofire, (9) on the droideka's closest to our Clones

Damage
    (3d8)[15]

(20 shots remain)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-08-02 at 09:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej is pretty sure he's got nothing that's going to actually drop a Droideka, to say nothing of the range problem, so just keeps heading for the transports.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

Coralej is pretty sure he's got nothing that's going to actually drop a Droideka, to say nothing of the range problem, so just keeps heading for the transports.
    Cora's blaster bolt splashes harmlessly off the droideka's shield. Coralej makes it to the transport, which starts to take off to provide close air support. There is a composite beam cannon that can be manned on the transport, as well as a rocket launcher.

One of the droideka targets the transport, while the other targets the clones.

Spoiler
    Show

vs transport: (1d20+12)[22]
    damage: (3d8)[16]

vs transport: (1d20+12)[22]
    damage: (3d8)[16]
    edit: wow, what are the odds of that..

The LAAT/i's shields prevent it from taking any damage, but a second clone goes down, and now they are struggling to make it to the transport, with two up dragging the two unconscious clones.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-08-03 at 12:14 PM.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #299

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

If either of the injured clones is close enough (60ft) Coralej will attempt to pull him onto the transport with the Force.

If there's only one shot in the Rocket Launcher, he'll leave it alone (better to let someone who can actually aim use it), but if there's ammo to spare he'll aim in the general direction of a Droideka and hope the explosion is big enough to do something.

If he does neither of those he'll try firing the composite beam cannon at a droideka.

Show
    Move Object is a (1d20+7)[11] use the force vs DC 15
    Coralej is untrained with either weapon, paired with his 10 dex and -1 condition track that's (1d20-6)[10] to hit a droideka, so probably fishing for 20s/the half damage on rocket aoe.

30. - Top - End - #300

Ilyene

Ilyene will rush to help drag the wounded back to the ship.