New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

I was kind of thinking the same thing how ever it may cause damage to the communication array and that we do not need looking about does cora see anything that would be like a pole say around 10 to 15ft in length?
    perception (1d20+5)[18]

then speaking We might be able to clear a safe path if we had a long object to hold out in front that could be used to trigger individual mines without the major risk of injury

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej shakes his head "Not sure how much better that is, but if that works, we don't need a long object, just levitate something and bump it on the ground."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-03-22 at 03:20 PM. Reason: pole->long object

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Security Zone

CT-1453 speaks up.
    "I don't mind spraying a few blaster bolts and blowing some stuff up, but everything within two miles is gonna hear the ruckus," he said.
    It's something to think about.

Among the debris, you're easily able to find a suitable pole in the form of a partially bent durasteel girder, from a section of destroyed, reinforced duracrete wall. You could stand back and smack it on the ground to try and set off any pressure plates.
    If someone were more skilled with the Force, they might be able to levitate it up to a decent height and let it drop on the ground to set off any pressure mines from farther away.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene

That’s good to hear. Do you need assistance? We are wrapping it up here soon.” Ilyene replies over the comlink.

Looks like the other team found some mines, let’s make sure this isn’t booby trapped.” she tells her team as they are about to finish up, nodding towards Ax.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Ax whistles, and moves to assist whatever engineer is gonna try and check for booby traps.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ax isn't as good with mechanics but he's a great assistant. Aid Another on someone checking the system for traps.

Mechanics: (1d20+8)[19] (+7 to their roll if I succeed)

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

speaking to her local comrades, I think we want to have little noise if possible, maybe a judicious use of the force to detect these things and move them out of the way is the best option, Coralej if you can sense the area directly in front of me , and then move them if I fail, I think we can duplicate our efforts at getting a path cleared and all of us to the door for now
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-03-22 at 07:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej turns to Cora, "I can lift anything the size of a person or less easily enough and from a nice safe 18 meters, I can give sensing the mines with the force a try, but there's a lot of mines and we can't afford to miss one. It might be safer to just blow them up and hope we can handle any trouble the noise brings, there's a battle going on so I'd hope most of our enemies are a little preoccupied."

Show
    Coralej can hit the DC 15 for his Move Object force power on a take 10, so medium object up to to 12 squares away, I think 1 square is 1/5 meters. With you at a +5 and me a +8 we'd need to get fairly lucky not to fail a single check if there's a lot of mines, and what sort of minefield doesn't have a lot of mines.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-03-22 at 03:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

taking the time to use the force to Sense her Surroundings directly in front of her, she waits for coralej to also confirm the presence or not of a mine, before attempting to move the mine off to a safe spot out of the path attempting to not set it off

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    taking the time to use the force to Sense her Surroundings directly in front of her, she waits for coralej to also confirm the presence or not of a mine, before attempting to move the mine off to a safe spot out of the path attempting to not set it off
    You stretch out with your feelings, feeling where the Force flows between you, and the dirt, and within the dirt.

There are 25 feet between you and the door (5 squares). You don't sense any mines directly in front of you, but you do sense one slightly farther out (in square 2), and another one closer to the door (in square 4). You still can't see the mines, so you cannot lift them with the Force.

"If you tell me where the mines are, I'm fairly certain I can disarm them, with the droid's help," one of the engineers says. He doesn't make a move to step beyond where the first mine was discovered, though.

Power Station: You do not detect any booby traps on the power station. It's ready to go, just needs someone to press the 'initiate' button.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-23 at 10:13 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    You stretch out with your feelings, feeling where the Force flows between you, and the dirt, and within the dirt.

There are 25 feet between you and the door (5 squares). You don't sense any mines directly in front of you, but you do sense one slightly farther out (in square 2), and another one closer to the door (in square 4). You still can't see the mines, so you cannot lift them with the Force.

"If you tell me where the mines are, I'm fairly certain I can disarm them, with the droid's help," one of the engineers says. He doesn't make a move to step beyond where the first mine was discovered, though.
    to the engineer, well there is a mine about 10ft from me and another about 10ft from the door, not sure if there are any in between... Coralej, do you sense any?

11. - Top - End - #71

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej backs up a ways, "I only sensed the first one, everyone back up, I'm going to check the space between us and it in a less subtle manner, then you guys can get to work disarming it."

When everyone else has also backed up he gestures towards that girder, lifts it a fair distance into the air and then sends it speeding into the ground.

Show
    So getting a few squares back, then using Move Object (take 10 for 18, needs DC 15) to lift the girder up then hurl it down at square 1.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

Coralej backs up a ways, "I only sensed the first one, everyone back up, I'm going to check the space between us and it in a less subtle manner, then you guys can get to work disarming it."

When everyone else has also backed up he gestures towards that girder, lifts it a fair distance into the air and then sends it speeding into the ground.

Show
    So getting a few squares back, then using Move Object (take 10 for 18, needs DC 15) to lift the girder up then hurl it down at square 1.
    The girder smashed into the ground, and there is no resultant explosion. The durasteel lists for a second, then topples into the dirt.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #73

Ilyene

"We are ready power up, when you are." Ilyene calls over the radio just as the explosion goes off. "Is everyone alright?" She adds.

14. - Top - End - #74

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Well that spot is safe to stand on, now please disable the mine."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

"Well that spot is safe to stand on, now please disable the mine."
    The engineer almost balks at being asked to be the first one to step up to where the mine has been located, but as he crosses the first five feet, nothing happens. You direct him to where the first mine is and he carefully digs and then brushes the dirt away from the small explosive contraption, and defuses it with a sigh of relief.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-26 at 07:26 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #76

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Ok, nicely done, now we all back up again and I'll make sure the route to the second mine Cora sensed is safe." and Coralej does just that, lifting and dropping the girder onto space 3 once everyone has backed up.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-03-26 at 03:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Ax can't really help with telekinetically slamming something onto the ground several meters away and it's making him itchy. He sticks close to the engineers, ready to provide tools and assistance if the bombs prove tricky.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

One of the clones at the security zone reponds to Ilyene: "We're all fine, just clearing a path through this minefield."

He turns to Coralej after the girder is dropped on the ground, clearing the path.
    "You two didn't say you were Jedi," he said.

With the combination of the team working together, the two Force sensitives finding the mines and checking the ground between them, the engineer assisted by Ax to disable them, you clear a path to the Comms Relay, beneath the dish. The door has been broken off its hinges, and a dark hallway extends in both to the left and right.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well do any of you have a better light source than this - pointing to her glow rod carefully walking to the door looking for mines in the immediate areea after the door then walking through the broken door looking for mines within, looking first to the left then to the right before proceeding into the hallway proper
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-03-28 at 06:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Ilyene

"I think we're fine to hit the power. They seem to have some issues with mines, so let's rejoin them as soon as this thing is up and running." Ilyene tells her team.

21. - Top - End - #81

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej faces the clone who spoke "That would be because we're not, the Jedi aren't the ones capable of using The Force, not to disappoint, but if we run into trouble I certainly won't be deflecting blaster bolts with a lightsaber." To Cora he simply says "No light here."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Comm station:
    There are no mines immediately apparent inside the building. hallway to your left leads to an open door and a dark stairwell up, likely to the roof and the dish itself. The hallway to the right leads to two more doors, both open. One is an abandoned communication room, which looks like it is designed to service a team of comms droids all communicating at once. The other leads to communications calibration and signal boosting equipment. All of it is currently dark, with no power to the facility.

Power station:
    The engineer’s finger hovers over the ignition button.
    “So… should we start it up?” he asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-03-30 at 01:32 AM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83

Ilyene

Ilyene did not enjoy the com-silence. She felt alone and vulnerable. “Let’s do it. Keep your eyes peeled if it starts up some defenses while we regroup with the others.”

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej will activate his comlink "Nothing too obviously broken, but I think we'll be needing that power to do much over here."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

watching where she steps vigilantly, proceeding to the right down the hall with caution. So far I see no further mines

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Power Station:
    The engineer hesitates for a second, then presses the ignition button. There is a buzzing sound, and then low hum becomes audible, followed by a few whirs and clicks, the floor vibrates as the reactor core starts up, and then the vibration fades as it starts running under its own power. Bright white lights flicker on, illuminating the interior of the power control station and the reactor core casing.

"Well, we're not dead yet, so, it looks like it's working," the engineer says.

Comm station:
    Lights flicker on, revealing bare walls and ceilings. The floors are covered with track pads, to allow wheeled droids easier access and prevent damage to the floor. Carbon scoring on the walls is evidence of a firefight here as well, though there is much less than the exterior of the building. From the hall, you can see sparks issue from one of the communication consoles; the screen is broken, and clearly it was damaged somehow, probably during the assault on the comm relay station. Some of the other screens are cracked, but the rest appear functional, and all of them display the same message: Enter authorization code. From further down the hall, you can hear the sound of beeps and clicks as the signal boosters and other communications equipment boots up.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej clicks his commlink on "That certainly did the trick, at a glance it looks mostly functional, though someone's probably going to have to slice it, we'll make a start, but you should join us, take the direct route to the door that we've cleared, there's probably more mines if you wander."
    After turning it off he'll look to Cora "You know more about computers than me, reckon you can get it working without that code?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Ax rolls forward when he hears the topic of conversation and plugs right in. Shouldn't be more than the work of a few moments; even if the computers here had state-of-the-art security, he's got a good bit of experience in WELL-PROGRAMMED FOR gaining access to uncooperative systems.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Let's see if we can hack our way into getting a password, or bypass it altogether.

Use Computer: (1d20+13)[33]

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Comm Station: Ax plugs in and quickly finds a back door to bypass the main authorization screen. The little droid now has access to the basic functions of the comm relay station, including broadcasting a tight band message (a focused comms beam), an all channels message (communicates to everyone in range), and receive incoming communications.

The sparking console begins emitting black smoke, which starts as a wisp but quickly increases in volume. It starts curling up and collecting near the ceiling; it appears a small fire has started inside the console.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

looking immediately for something to extinguish the fire
    perception: (1d20+5)[10]
    Cora will attempt to put out the fire

On the comm's, Actually we need someone back at that main console to send out the signal, I suspect that once the dish comes online the amount of power may draw attention, if it has not already done so. If that is the case we will be wanting a very fast extraction.

Looking over the computer display once Ax has punched through the security layer
    perception: (1d20+5)[9]
    gather information: (1d20+5)[23]

Well lets get this thing lined up and pointed the right direction to send out that signal
    Use Computer: (1d20+6)[23]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-04-02 at 06:02 AM.