New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    R4 can you see if you can locate the mainframe backup from here. .. Guys I am not certain what to make of this, the terminal has several inquiries , and one entry that shows, No response received, backup unit activated and dispatched.
    Ax rolls forward from where he had been hiding while the fighting was going on and plugs in, doing his best to fulfill the request.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Use Computer: (1d20+13)[32]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Ax rolls forward from where he had been hiding while the fighting was going on and plugs in, doing his best to fulfill the request.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Use Computer: [roll0]
    It appears the backup mainframe is on the sub-level, beneath the Security building, which is the round building near the center of the inner courtyard, between your current location and Maintenance.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    It appears the backup mainframe is on the sub-level, beneath the Security building, which is the round building near the center of the inner courtyard, between your current location and Maintenance.
    Ax highlights the unit on the map for the others near the console to see. He disengages from the system, whistling and whirring to himself about how he hopes the next one isn't occupied by beasts.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej is unsure whether to head down immediately or wait on the engineers in case whatever this backup is arrives, so he closes his eyes and opens himself to the force.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That would be a take 10=18 use the force check to Search Your Feelings about heading off to the security building without waiting for repairs to finish.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

Coralej is unsure whether to head down immediately or wait on the engineers in case whatever this backup is arrives, so he closes his eyes and opens himself to the force.

Show
    That would be a take 10=18 use the force check to Search Your Feelings about heading off to the security building without waiting for repairs to finish.
    You sense small eddies of uneasiness and foreboding.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

slapping the blaster rifle into her arm toggling the selector from stun to kill. Well we need that backup, we could leave the clones here with the engineers and go get that backup ourselves in hopes of not running into a mess. OR we take everyone with us. your call "Boss"

7. - Top - End - #157

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej lets the uncertainty show in his voice as he speaks "The force is giving me a bad feeling about heading down there, might be better to wait on the engineers." He'll then ask the engineers themselves "How much longer do you think that's going to take? Anything we could do to help speed it up?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

Coralej lets the uncertainty show in his voice as he speaks "The force is giving me a bad feeling about heading down there, might be better to wait on the engineers." He'll then ask the engineers themselves "How much longer do you think that's going to take? Anything we could do to help speed it up?
    “You can help cut the damaged cables,” one of the engineers says, “they’re already marked.”

The clones split up, each one taking a corner of the 2nd story of the comm station building beneath the dish to try and keep watch. As the sun continues to drop, however, it is getting harder to see into the forests and soon it will be well into twilight and on the way to dusk.

Spoiler
    Show
    anyone who wants to help the engineers, roll mechanics, . Everyone else, need to know what you’re doing or if you have any instructions for the clones.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

walking over to the door looking out in all directions attempting to determine potential risks, choke points for defensive means. then walking back over to the array cables that are closest to the door access point. Attempting to help get them cut.

Mechanics (1d20+1)[7]
    Knowledge tactics (1d20+6)[21]
    Perception (1d20+5)[17]

10. - Top - End - #160

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej will try to find somewhere with a good view of as much of the outside area as possible and keep an eye out.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

The most obvious choke points are the two breaches in the outer wall. Anyone entering the compound would have to pass through those entrances (or scale the wall). The second best spot is likely the security zone beneath the dish, which consists of a wall with one entrance, and a partially cleared minefield inside of it. If the security zone is surrounded though, you will have no way to escape (except perhaps by air).

The engineers can work two to a cable, and estimate it will take about 90 minutes to do complete all five (30 minutes per cable). The attempt to assist them doesn’t seem to have sped the effort at all.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-10 at 09:26 PM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #162

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"If we might need to defend this place, we should see if we can locate more of the mines in that minefield, might be able to use them to our advantage if something comes through there, same trick as before should hopefully detect them." With that Coralej heads down to the doorway and attempts once more to sense mines and tries not to think about how trapped they'll all be if something overwhelming does show up, they can't relocate while the engineers are working.

Show
    So Use the Force to sense surrounding (1d20+8)[17] and Perception (1d20+7)[16]
    If one roll isn't enough to do the whole area feel free to just roll for me rather than waiting for another post.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

"If we might need to defend this place, we should see if we can locate more of the mines in that minefield, might be able to use them to our advantage if something comes through there, same trick as before should hopefully detect them." With that Coralej heads down to the doorway and attempts once more to sense mines and tries not to think about how trapped they'll all be if something overwhelming does show up, they can't relocate while the engineers are working.

Show
    So Use the Force to sense surrounding [roll0] and Perception [roll1]
    If one roll isn't enough to do the whole area feel free to just roll for me rather than waiting for another post.
    About 40 minutes later, just after you locate the fifth mine with the Force, a call goes up from the second story, from one of the clones.
    “Clankers , about a dozen of them, coming across the field to the north!” he said.

Anyone who looks can see them, simple B-1 droids, in the fading daylight. Oddly enough, only two of them, in the front and the rear, appear to be armed. They will reach the breach in the northern wall, near Maintenance, in less than a minute.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora takes up an optimal firing position to unleash a hail of fire only to watch as her shots fall short

15. - Top - End - #165

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

The enemies are much too far for Coralej to do much, so he just moves to somewhere he'll have cover from that direction.

He does however whisper into his commlink "Why aren't most of them armed?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene

Ilyene finds cover and ignites her saber.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Turning to the clones closest to her, Take out the lead droids. as she takes aim at one of the lead droids herself

Round 1
    normal fire blaster rifle targeting the closest enemy droid
    attack (1d20+1)[14] -5 penalty not proficient (9 to hit) maybe ???
    damage (3d8)[6]
    (shots remaining in this clip: 37)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-16 at 10:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Your shot impacts the dirt in front of the column of droids.
    The four clones immediately line up on the edge of the second story and three of them (all except 1453, who carries a heavy blaster rifle) take aim at the lead droids of the column.

Spoiler
    Show

Clones (medium range, -5):
    (1d20)[9]
    damage: (3d8)[12]
    (1d20)[5]
    damage: (3d8)[21]
    (1d20)[6]
    damage: (3d8)[12]

The lead droid goes down in one shot, while the other two blaster bolts impact the ground and throw up chunks of dirt and grass. The remaining droids panic and start running around the grassy field in chaos, hands in the air, except for the lone remaining droid with a weapon, who moves towards your position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Party's turn, post in any order.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-17 at 12:39 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

round 2
    Cora
    Hold Fire until that guy with the weapon gets a bit closer

Hold Action to shoot the droid with the weapon until it hits Short Range for a blaster rifle

20. - Top - End - #170

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej speaks in a notably confused tone "Why are battle droids running around in a panic? Actually, just to double check, those are battle droids right, not some other model?" He nonetheless gets ready act if they get close enough.

Show
    That'll be readying an action to use Force Grip if the remaining armed droid gets close enough (12 squares, so about 60ft?)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Relay Station

"Not sure sir, maybe they've been reprogrammed," one of them says.
    The clones gun down the last remaining armed droid once it gets in range, and it falls in a shower of sparks.

The unarmed droids (definitely B-1 models) eventually stop running around in a panic and retreat back behind the tree line.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," one of the clones says as he checks his power pack.
    "Yeah, that was too easy," another one replies, "I don't think we're out of this yet."

Everything falls quiet again as it grows darker. With the lights on inside the compound, it is impossible to see anything beyond the outer wall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    out of combat, anything the party wants to do?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-18 at 09:48 AM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well lets leave a guard up here to keep an eye out, but we need that backup and we need to get a message off as soon as we can

23. - Top - End - #173

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej moves closer to the others and speaks up. "We just need to hold out another hour for the Engineers to do their work and we'll have communications up. Illyene, take a look where those droids were with those Electrobinoculars you grabbed, they must have been doing something. If you can't see anything, me, you, R4 and Odi are going into the security sub level for the backup and leaving everyone else on guard, I'm beginning to think we won't be able to stay here long, hopefully we can at least talk to someone in orbit first."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-05-18 at 03:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ilyene

"Sounds like a plan." Ilyene replies and sets off to observe the drones last location.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

looking at Illyene with the Electrobinoculars I could make good use of that while you guys are looking for the backup., while holding the blaster rifle, she unfastening her pistol hip holster and toggling the selector from stun to kill. Taking the Electrobinoculars (if given)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Put your location and character name at the top of each post please, so I know who is where.

Security

The security building is a round, two story complex with windows and a walkway on the second story, providing a 360-degree view of the Relay Station and the grounds immediately around it. Some of the windows on the second story have been shot out, and broken glass litters the ground beneath them. At the ground level, a single durasteel door leads to the interior, and currently it is locked, requiring an ID badge for entry.

Relay Station

Through the macrobinoculars, at the farthest edge of the field, just next to a large tree, you spot a single B1 droid, also holding a pair of macrobinoculars. The droid does not appear to have noticed you.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Relay Station

atfer a look through the macrobinoculars, Cora decides to take a look through her pistol scope to see if she can determine the range and what the B1 with Binoc's target is doing
    Perception (1d20+5)[22] (rolled ooc)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-22 at 01:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Cora
    Relay Station

atfer a look through the macrobinoculars, Cora decides to take a look through her pistol scope to see if she can determine the range and what the B1 with Binoc's target is doing
    Perception (1d20+5)[22] (rolled ooc)
    The droid appears to be observing the compound. Whether it is trying to count and locate enemy combatants or direct an artillery strike or something similar is unclear.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-22 at 10:16 PM.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #179

RedWizardGuy

Coralej Security

Coralej turns to Odi "Can you and R4 slice that, or are we going to need to ask Illyene to try cutting through with that lightsaber? I don't think we have time to search the rest of the complex for a possibly nonexistant ID badge."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Security:
    Ax warbles and with Odi’s help, the scanner turns green and the door snaps open. A duracrete wall lit by fluorescent lights greets you. The hallway extends left and right, following the outer edge of the building and curving away from the door. Both directions appear deserted. Following the hallway around, you come to a lift with an up and down button.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-23 at 09:10 PM.
    TC for short