New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

Ilyene

Ilyene follows Coralej, motioning for the troops to do the same.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Ilyene and Coralej make a dash for the security building, putting it between yourselves and the remaining droids. You don't think they've spotted you, but it's impossible to tell since you can no longer see them. You estimate they're about 50' away, on the other side of the building.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-06-25 at 07:34 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #243

Ilyene

Taking a deep breath she nods at the clones and Coralej. The situation was dangerous. "Cover me." she whispered, holding her hand up and counting down on her fingers until there was nothing left and she she surged forward.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going towards a possible cover unless she can reach them and strike. If there is no cover and no way to reach them, she will Force Grip one.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

See OOC for rolls and comments

Cora
    Relay Station

round 7

Blaster rifle
    (1d20+1)[5] -5 for non prof. <-5 for autofire> ( well crap MISS ) but maybe it will distract the droids
    (3d8)[18] damage (x2 on crit)

(31 shots remain)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-30 at 08:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej will move round the edge of the building (preferably just looking around the corner to keep some cover) to see if he can get sight on the droids.

• If he can and there's multiple droids in a 10ft by 10ft square within 60ft, he'll use Telekinetic Savant to get Combustion back and light them up.
    • If he can and there's multiple droids within 60ft, but more spread out, he'll use Move Object to throw one at another.
    • If he can and there's only one droid within 60ft he'll Force Grip it.
    • If he can't he'll move a second time, continuing closer.

Show
    Use the Force check (1d20+8)[10] to do one of the following.
    For Combustion that's an area attack for (4d6)[17] fire damage vs their fortitude defense, setting them on fire on a hit (with his +8 use the force replacing the normal attack bonus for the fire), half damage on a miss because area.
    For Move Object that needs to be at least 15 to do anything, and if it does beat a 15, it also needs to beat the will defense of the lifted droid to lift it, and the reflex defense of the second, doing (2d6)[7] damage (or (4d6)[7] if it beat a DC 20, and 6d6, so add the two, if it beat a DC25)
    And finally if it's force grip it needs to be at least a 15 and beat fort defense, dealing (2d6)[8] damage
    And if he can't get close enough for any of that, then no rolls

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Whether it's nerves, seeing the enemy up close for the first time, or the uneven ground, your control of the Force slips, and the droids remain none the worse for wear as another blaster bolt impacts the ground just past them. With more targets presenting themselves, the droids stop moving forward and take aim.

Spoiler
    Show

attack on Cora (hit on natural 20 only): (1d20+1)[20]
    damage: (3d8)[5]
    attack on Ilyene: (1d20+1)[4]
    damage: (3d8)[17]
    attack on Coralej: (1d20+1)[5]
    damage: (3d8)[23]

Odi attack on droid: (1d20+5)[25]
    damage: (3d8)[12]

Odi snaps off a shot from the Power Plant yard and strikes a droid in its processor core, dropping it instantly. Two droids remain.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-06-28 at 08:47 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Relay Station

round 8

Blaster rifle single shot targeting the closest B1
    (1d20+1)[7] -5 for non prof. (the rng hates me)
    (3d8)[17] damage (x2 on crit)

(30 shots remain)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-30 at 08:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

Ilyene

Ilyene rushes as the droids open fire, slashing violently at one of them.

Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[16]

9. - Top - End - #249

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej reaches out with the force, trying to throw a droid at another droid, then moves towards the nearest potential cover.

Show
    (1d20+8)[25] use the force for Move Object, needs to beat a 15, will of the 1st droid to lift it and ref of the 2nd to hit it. (2d6)[7] damage on a 15, (4d6)[10] on a 20

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej

Coralej reaches out with the force, trying to throw a droid at another droid, then moves towards the nearest potential cover.

Show
    [roll0] use the force for Move Object, needs to beat a 15, will of the 1st droid to lift it and ref of the 2nd to hit it. [roll1] damage on a 15, [roll2] on a 20
    The impact of the two droids slamming into one another causes them both to deactivate, sparks flying and limbs breaking off. With the last of the droids disabled, an eerie quiet falls over the relay station, and you can once again hear the sound of the mountain breeze through forest leaves.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-06-30 at 08:11 AM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(presuming out of combat) Immediately attending to the injured clones, attempt to determine if they are all dead.

Treat Injury (1d20)[16]
    use medic kit and pac's as needed +4 to the roll

over comm's Glad you showed up there may be more enemy droids off in the woods, but I have injured and possible dead up here

12. - Top - End - #252

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej runs over to the relay station while replying "If you don't know your way aorund a medkit we might be better off just putting them in Force Trances."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    (presuming out of combat) Immediately attending to the injured clones, attempt to determine if they are all dead.

Treat Injury [roll0]
    use medic kit and pac's as needed +4 to the roll

over comm's Glad you showed up there may be more enemy droids off in the woods, but I have injured and possible dead up here
    You manage to staunch the bleeding of the second clone with the medkit, and he regains consciousness. Luckily, it is CT-0476, the clone with medical training. He sits up, looks around, and notices his comrade bleeding out next to him.
    "Give me that," he says as he points to the medkit.
    He quickly sets the medkit down and gets to work, and before long the other two troopers are conscious and moving.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The medic takes 10 on his checks, all three clone troopers are at 2 hp. If you can make two DC10 aid another treat injury checks, then two of the clones will have 4 hp instead of 2.
    3 medpacs are expended

Coralej arrives at the second story just as you are finishing up.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-06-30 at 10:07 PM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora Aids the clone trooper as best as possible (rolls in ooc)

15. - Top - End - #255

Ilyene

Ilyene drove her saber into the droids, ensuring they were properly decommissioned.

"I could use some bacta too, if you got any spare." Ilyene stated, while observing the area.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

It takes a minute or two, but eventually all three clones drag themselves to their feet and pick up their weapons. They're barely standing, but they are soldiers, bred to fight as long as they can still see and shoot.

In that same minute or two, all of the droids in the compound are 'properly decommissioned'. There are one or two in the darkness of the field past the outer wall though.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-01 at 10:34 AM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #257

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Not much I can to help, not in the timeframe we've got, I think we should check the rooms we walked past earlier, they might have something useful in them"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

"Not much I can to help, not in the timeframe we've got, I think we should check the rooms we walked past earlier, they might have something useful in them"
    It is at this point the R4 droid rolls out of the security building, and makes a series of trills and warbles as he trundles towards the group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    anyone who can understand binary knows that Ax is telling the group he sliced the backup mainframe and recovered the encrypted data packages.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-07 at 09:44 PM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #259

Ilyene

"Yes, sir." Ilyene replies, finally able to find a moment to relax. "Let's do that."

Show
    Second wind used.

20. - Top - End - #260

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Lets head to that dark room first, give it another check over, then follow the tracks. Anyone got a decent light source or are we stuck with just R4's sensors again?"

Once a light has been produced (or confirmed as unavailable) he'll lead the way to that first room.
    Show
    I'm pretty sure noone has actually told us Ax is called Ax by the way, which is why I call him R4 every time.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-07-07 at 10:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

anyone who can understand binary knows that Ax is telling the group he sliced the backup mainframe and recovered the encrypted data packages.
    Cora can understand this, but I am not sure if she heard it, if so, then before the others wander off again...

Hey Guys, The droid has the backup and the engineers are almost done with the dish, do you want me to brodcast for immediate pickup once we are able?

22. - Top - End - #262

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"Yes, definitely, we've got we're here for and the clones are still injured."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Underground

The first room beneath the security building contains some starship parts, pieces of inertial dampers and power couplings, as well as wires and cables. The second room is little more than the backup mainframe for the communications relay station. The B2 droid had apparently been left for destroyed, as there are a few other burnt out husks of droids in that room. The unexplored passage, the one with the droid track, slopes up and appears above ground in the control room for the landing pad. It is unfortunate that this was not explored earlier, as it would have provided the perfect location to flank the advancing droids earlier.

Above ground

One of the engineers approaches you.
    "The repairs are complete, you should be able to patch in with your comlink and use the relay station to contact anyone in the system," he says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    anyone can respond to this. Anyone with a long range comlink can now contact either the other team led by the Jedi, or the republic fleet.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Relay Station
    Cora

Cora connects her long range comm unit to the dish, switching over to the channel that Master Kirusai should be on, then broadcasts

Ground Team to Expedition, Mission Accomplished, Return to Ground Team location with haste. Ground team Standing by.

then switching to the republic channel Transmitting : Master Kirusai Team was successful, Mission Accomplished need immediate pickup. (giving location)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-07-09 at 07:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

Coralej extends the antenna on the long range comm he saved from the wreck and tunes it to the General's channel "General Ru we have the data and comms are online."
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-07-09 at 02:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej

Coralej extends the antenna on the long range comm he saved from the wreck and tunes it to the General's channel "General Ru we have the data and comms are online."

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Relay Station
    Cora

Cora connects her long range comm unit to the dish, switching over to the channel that Master Kirusai should be on, then broadcasts

Ground Team to Expedition, Mission Accomplished, Return to Ground Team location with haste. Ground team Standing by.

then switching to the republic channel Transmitting : Master Kirusai Team was successful, Mission Accomplished need immediate pickup. (giving location)
    from the Republic Fleet: "Stand by." It is not the General, rather the voice of a clone, "We have your location, dispatching birds for pickup, ETA one hour. Good job."

from the Jedi: "This is Kirusai, our mission was a success and we are on our way on foot to your location, don't leave without us."

Spoiler
    Show
    you now have some time to interact with each other / the clones, etc. Maybe get some healing done etc. If you don't place yourself, I'll assume you are waiting on the roof of the relay station.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-10 at 08:55 AM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Relay Station
    Cora

taking up a defensive position, looking out towards where the enemy b1 droids came from.

28. - Top - End - #268

RedWizardGuy

Coralej

"I can help with the wounded, since we've got an hour to kill, in fact the rest of you should be able to as well, and it's safest if we only do one person each, not perfect, but an hour should be long enough to get at least some benefit from a Force Trance" Coralej will then approach the most wounded clone (if it's not obvious he'll just pick the closest of the ones who went down) "Just close your eyes, should pass in the blink of an eye for you and I can have you awake againt at a second's notice if anything happens." Assuming the clone he approached is willing, he'll close his eyes, embrace the force and wrap it around the clone with a simple tap on the arm. He will then remain within arms reach of that clone in case they need to be awakened at short notice

Show
    Coralej hits the DC 15 for Place Other in Force Trance on a take 10

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Each of the injured clones is placed in a deep trance, and over the next hour their bodies repair themselves (they’re all now at 6hp) a little bit.

It’s nearly time for your pickup when Cora spots movement coming from the woods, the same direction as the b-1’s came from. The droids have not yet cleared the tree line, so it is difficult to see how many or what model they are.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

seeing movement near the tree line Cora will use her Scope to look and see if she can Identify the cause of the movement, and then try to decide how best to deal with it.

Perception (1d20+5)[12]
    knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+6)[19]
    (rolls in ooc)

Speaking quietly, Hey we have movement in the trees over there where the B1's came from.