New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The End of an Era Part 1

Shimura is suddenly pummeled into the water, and through it, the rush of the bubbles streaming past him in a rush to get to the surface forewarned him of the impending stop, the bubbles screamed like little fish trying to warm him of the coming pain.

And there it was, he smacked against the rocky ground, his vision flashed in an instant, turning from complete blackness to a sharp white, and then back again. For a moment, he panicked, letting water in his mouth, and down his throat, his weapons almost fell, but then he gripped them, consciousness and training coming to the forefront, he rolled, and gathered himself on solid ground, pushing off, he emerged from the water like a beaten and battered warrior of old to do battle with his nemesis, he was like a battle dragon coming froth from his layer to spread doom and death with his claws.

Not deterred, he kept battling the elemental, slashing, and striking like a whirlwind of steel and blades.

Spoiler
    Show

LETS DO THIS!
    Law devotion, -3 PA

Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[24]
    Damage - (1d10+12)[14]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[26]
    Damage - (1d10+12)[13]

Miromoto Shimura
    M LG Human (dragon) Samurai \ Mirumoto Niten Master 2
    Level 7 Init 3, HP 43/61, Speed 30
    AC 23 Touch 14 Flat-footed 18
    Fort +9 Ref +5 Will +6
    Stats Str 18, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 15
    Condition's Fortification 25%, DR 2/-, Mantle of flame 3d6 fire on hit[UNSHAPED], Law devotion [1/10]
    Special Law devotion [0/1], Belt of Healing [0/3], Anklets of Translocation [3/3], +1 bonus on saving throws against paralysis and sleep effects, Blade Guide, Eternal Training [0/1], Mass Aid (+1 morale to hit & fear), Essentia 3
    speech: 008080

Mirumoto Niten, Ancestor (Blade Guide)
    Least Soulspark, Tiny Outsider (Lawful, Incarnum, Native)
    Hit Dice 2d8 Init 5, HP 16/16, Speed 20 ft., fly 30 ft. (perfect)
    AC 15 Touch 13 Flat-footed 14
    Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +4
    Stats Str 10, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Condition's Amorphous (immune to crits/sneak attack), DR 1/chaotic, Evasion
    Special
    -Attack Bonus: 0/2; +1 bonus to-hit&damage / Essentia
    -Deflection Bonus: 0/2; +1 deflection to AC / Essentia
    -Healing: 0/2; Fast healing 1 / Essentia
    -Saving Throw: 1/2; +1 resistance bonus / Essentia
    Attack: Soul blast +5 ranged touch (1d4+1)
    Skills: Diplomacy +3, Hide +14, Knowledge (history) +3, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6
    speech: #DAA520

Soulmeld Benefit Essentia benefit Invested Bound
    Mirumoto Niten dragonmark - +25%/e 2/2 Arms
    Mantle of Flame[UNSHAPED] 1d6 fire +1d6/e 0/2 -
    Soulspark Familiar Blade guide Familiar multiple options 1/2 -
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

It is a combination of the dancer's valor and the samurai's determination what finallly breaks down the elemental and dismisses it to its native plane. The cave falls into an eerie silence only broken by the slight but constant sound of the tide coming up, like a soft soft wave.

Upon the solid surface of the cave, the bodies of the dead and beheaded samurais lay silent. Their gear still intact, their weapons broken except for a black steel naginata with purple veins in the blade and a red demonic samurai mask. One of the fallen samurais is wearing an armor that matches that mask, on his person you found a couple more items.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Ya'll deserve some loot.
    +1 Druchite Naginata of Brutal Surge: This is not made of steel, but of druchite, a material from realities unknown to any of you. against creatures that rely on darkvision, its enhancement bonus is +2 higher.

Spoiler: Mask of Mockery
    Show
    Mask of Mockery: This devilish mask covers the nose and mouth of a creature with a devil's mouth grinning and showing two fangs. Basic Effect: +2 Profane bonus to Bluff, Perform and UMD. Tainted Effect: If the wearer of the mask is tainted, the mask gives a +1 Profane to attack and damage per point of Taint.
    Binding effect: If the wearer can bind vestiges, she can choose to supress one of the vestige's granted abilities and instead gain the following:
    --With just the faintest edge of dark energies, you can afflict your victims with a word-eating curse. Make a melee attack. If it hits, it deals weapon damage as normal, and the target must succeed at a Will save (DC 11 + charisma) or take a –4 penalty on language-based skill checks and suffer a 25% chance of failure when casting spells (including divine spells) with a verbal component for a number of rounds equal to your initiator level. In addition, a struck target becomes cursed for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your character level, regardless of whether or not it succeeded on its save
    This ability is usable 1/encounter.

Essentia Effect: +2 to bluff, perform and UMD per essentia invested.
    Soul Bound effect: If a character has the ability to bind soulmelds to the brow slot, they can bind the mask. The character gains at will use of Tasha's hideous laughter DC 11+Wisdom Score.

Eagle claw talisman

Devastation gauntlets

head, the cave opens into a maze of rock and three roots, but at least it seems to slope away from the sea and into the heart of the mountain. What do you do?

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When the mighty water spirit falls down in of itself, Onka punches the water some more, just to make sure it's really defeated, then his head whips over to shimura.

Shimura-san? Are you alright? I have a potion somewhere... Onka offers one of his healing potions to Shimura and looks him over.

I thank you deeply to standing at mine and Leylek's side despite... Whatever has tainted us.

After the talk with Shimura Onka looks over the things that surfaced from the crabs.

We'll probably make better use of these things, then the crab did, but let's get out first.

Onka has no qualms looting the usable equipment of the fallen samurai, though he currently doesn't take anything for himself, it's more important to get out, now that the way out of the watery grave seems clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Shimura's primal shout of aggression slowly dissipated into the cave system, as it reverberated and lost power as it went. The water calmed.

The water calmed

He looked around, and saw no threats, his muscles still twitched, tenses ready for something, but nothing came. He slowly relaxed, and just slowly knelt down into the shallow water, completely exhausted.

He mutely nodded to Onka and takes the potion, drinking it.

Spoiler
    Show

Shimura is SPENT, only has his anklets for anything special, other than that, just regular attacks.

Assuming Potion of CMW
    Heal - (2d8+3)[11]

Miromoto Shimura
    Level 7 Init 3, HP 61/61, Speed 30
    Fort +9 Ref +5 Will +6
    Condition's Fortification 25%, DR 2/-, Mantle of flame 3d6 fire on hit[UNSHAPED]
    Special Law devotion [0/1], Belt of Healing [0/3], Anklets of Translocation [3/3], +1 bonus on saving throws against paralysis and sleep effects, Blade Guide, Eternal Training [0/1], Essentia 3

Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +4
    Special
    Skills: Diplomacy +3, Hide +14, Knowledge (history) +3, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6

Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-30 at 01:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ahalyā quickly hopped off the rock in relief and splashed over to Shimura. She carefully touched him, giving him the blessing of fast healing. Whatever potion he quaffed would not be enough. She shook her head sadly, trying to reassure herself that the elemental was not dead, merely sent back to wherever the yama-uba had summoned it from.

"O spirits, may these fallen be sent to their eternal oblivion and no more curse this world with their presence..." Ahalyā murmured, gesturing to the bodies of the Crab. Would that they had the time to properly take care of these corpses! "And may we be able to meet with the next Sisters in safety."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Burning a Turn to activate Healing Devotion on Shimura. Fast Healing 2 for 1 minute (so, healed for 20 HP after a minute)

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leylek, just about to come down with a thunderous kick once more can't fail to notice the commotion below has died down, all tension quickly fading away. A fight born of his errors concludes; and he barely fought in it, with less success yet. He lands softly in the water and looks away, frowning wordlessly at first.

He takes a few, tired steps towards the dry patch of ground at the base of the tunnel and only then does he let loose a low, hissing sigh. I was sent along to find the way for you. he says slowly. And I found a trap for you my past faults made a battle ground. Shimura-sama. Mistress Ahalyā. I thank you for saving Onka-san, at your own peril and in my stead. If your trust in me is broken, I understand. His hand passes briefly over a stone on his belt. If any of you requires healing, this is the first I used my belt today. In all else… the sentence is eft hanging unfinished in the air. The Crane merely shakes his head and looks ahead, ready to go.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Belt: (2d8)[8]

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With Alhalya's might Shimura seemed at least to be a little bit better.

The dancer get's towards the crane, trying to check himself how he feels. I'm... Mostly fine? The dancer says, kinda surprised himself. He remembered about his dream, where he was a river, he did mimic the movement of the mighty water spirit and it seemed that did helped him get out of that situation better than when he didn't.

Onka was at a loss for words how he could lift Leylek's spirits, for now they should get away from the sea, before the water was really rising too much for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Once more, the dark side of honour flared up as the crane warrior verbally flagellated himself. Such self-inflicted wounds of the soul were beyond the shaman's magicks. "Your regent trusted you for this mission, Master Leylek. Surely, his judgement in what you are capable of is worthwhile..." Ahalyā began gently. "And we would be lost without you in these caverns."

She shot a look of concern towards the tainted mask.

"As much as I loathe bringing that mask with us, I fear what its influence might do to the yama-uba if it is allowed to stay."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

After the potion, he is a little more awake, it must of had caffe in it or something. He stood up, and slowly walked over to LeyLek, tenderly placing a hand upon their back.

"There is nothing broken between us, this day, these...events, they are testing us all."
    his face becomes a mask of pain as he recalls the previous days events, where he had attacked his allies, it was just for a moment, "Do not wallow too long dear friend, we may need your talents." he says the last part to everyone.

"Come, let us take what we may and move on, I do not wish to linger here any longer"

A poem sprang to Shimura's mind as they followed the winding passage out, and he softly recited it:

"In shadows we dwell,
    Where honor may quell.
    Through trials we're pressed,
    Our hearts put to test.

Though oaths may bend,
    Our spirits don't end.
    In darkness, we find,
    Strength intertwined.

With wounds unseen,
    And regrets keen,
    We rise from the fray,
    To face another day."

Spoiler
    Show

Miromoto Shimura
    Level 7 Init 3, HP 61/61, Speed 30
    Fort +9 Ref +5 Will +6
    Condition's Fortification 25%, DR 2/-, Mantle of flame 3d6 fire on hit[UNSHAPED]
    Special Law devotion [0/1], Belt of Healing [0/3], Anklets of Translocation [3/3], +1 bonus on saving throws against paralysis and sleep effects, Blade Guide, Eternal Training [0/1], Essentia 3

Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +4
    Special

Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-05-02 at 10:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

10. - Top - End - #490
    Firbolg in the Playground

Even the dour Crane's stern face and mood mellows somewhat at the words. He bows himself, simply and curtly. That is more confidence than I would dare ask for. I will strive to make it feel better earned. Thank you. he says, with equal simplicity. Let us move, then. he enters the tunnel, his steps cautious. If you can spare Raksha, I'd have her by my side; we'll need your light still Shimura-sama, if hopefully not for much longer. Onka-san: if you'd watch our rear…