New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Then there...seven [IC]

Fly? The timbre of his voice shows clear uncertainty. I haven't ever flown. If you tell me start it takes to carry you two, I can tell you if I can.

If it comes to it, I have arms enough to carry each under one while still having a pair to climb that wall...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Whatever the plan is, we best do it quickly before their battlemage comes in to start purging our spells and worse..." muttered Tommasia. Purging Invisibility while they were still on the ground? Annoying, but manageable.

Purging Fly, on the other hand...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

- Point taken. That would be inconvenient to say the least.
    Well, if Cur doesn't see who he grabs, we're in for a very uncomfortable ride...
    - Cur. You'll be able to see us in a moment, don't be surprised.

Evindal spoke a couple of arcane formulae hoping the general sound of commotion around would be enough to mask it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    See Invisibility on Cur, then Fly on Cur.
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-05-04 at 12:02 PM.
    My homebrew. Feel free to use!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I see you both. The steel of his arms is slightly cool to the touch when he pulls each of you close. Let us hope I do this right. He mutters quietly as he takes to the sky.

Cur takes a moment to orient himself once he manages to get about 100' into the air and then heads north out of the city. How long will this last? I'm aiming to get us a mile from the walls.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

- This should last a little under ten minutes, more than enough to cover a mile. Once we become visible for onlookers, we'll have a couple of minutes of flight left, give or take.
    Taking flight had one distinct advantage apart from getting away from the angry hive of Saharstead. Even his protective spell didn't make temperature in the streets comfortable, only bearable, but the constant flow of air helped.
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-05-08 at 02:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Cur now able to see their companions, grabs each one, easily able to hold them with one limb a piece, and then takes off. A little fast at first until they figure out the feeling of the spell, and then it becomes more of a manageable 'falling', which is only made worse as you get over the wall at an easy 100 feet above everything.

~

The Master sighed as he sat back down into his chair, a cup of Mudberry caff steaming in his hand, he breathed in the sour smell of the drink as he parsed through several illusory screens that listed activities, reports, and incidents.

It had been a rough couple of nights, and the Mudberry caff was not his first, and would not be his last, his left hand began to tremble, a reminder he had been over doing it, and had too much caff. He would need to sleep it off, maybe the Master Apothecary had a tonic to calm his nerves, he wandered to himself as he idly watched the latest reports as he cupped the steaming beverage, taking small sips to avoid being burned.

It wasn't moments later that he cursed and placed the mug down to the side, barely avoiding spilling his afternoon drink. The curse echoed through the chamber, and his attendant came rushing in as silent as a ghost, evenstill, the Master noticed and nodded, "Initiate extrication protocol Lambda" he frowned as he continued to read and shook his head slowly, "these damned fools are going to expose us all".

The attendant nodded and ran away, silent as a ghost.

~

A small hole in reality popped opens above you where an entity probes through, invisibly, and ethereal as a ghost, it peers around, and retracts.

Moments later, all three of you receive a mental missive with the confirmation memory of the specific smell you chose to confirm your identity with the Rose Petals. Instantly, you realize things have gone awry for Central to have to intercede, you receive the indication you should submit.

A moment later, you all appear in the same location, but time has obviously been messed with it is suddenly nighttime.

From here, another effect starts to take hold, with another mental suggestion to allow it.

Moments later, you all stand near a large Oak tree about a mile out from a small village, it's still the middle of the night, the moon is waxing strong, and you can easily see some Great-Horned Goats sleeping upright in the nearby fields, across the way another seems like a living field of grain that bends and moves with the gentle breeze of the night.

You have 1 minute.

We will not pull you out like this again.

You get the impression these are not questions, and you do not need to answer.

Spoiler
    Show

You can attempt to resist if you want, but the mental missive is keyed to your personal memory-specific olfaction, so you know it is legit.

All spells are still up and running.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-05-18 at 11:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

- Shame. I was beginning to develop a taste for the local climate and being chased after by authorities, - said the wizard sarcastically. He concentrated briefly, muttering some arcane gibberish, and his silhouette became briefly blurred and indistinct before settling into a slender elven form, that promptly started looking around likely trying to assess the situation.

Well, that was unexpected. It wasn't like we didn't have it under control. Why would they waste that much arcane power on us? The only answer I can think of is the vitality and the urgency of this mission, as if I needed any confirmation. Still perplexing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Evindal dismissed his disguise self spell.
    Spot check (via discord) to notice that ethereal entity d20+3=16.
    Spellcraft to identify the timehop power and the teleport spell: (1d20+21)[22]
    Last edited by Ilerien; 2023-05-22 at 11:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

For her part, Tommasia was pissed.

Her and Evindal, they had done everything correctly. Kept a low profile. It was only after they had met up with the warforged that they were attacked out of nowhere. And even STILL, they withdrew. Made themselves invisible to regroup instead of making a (therapeutically) violently public scene in response. Though part of her was tempted to blame the unsubtle Cur for drawing attention and breaking their collective cover, it did little to answer HOW they were burned so fast...

...unless there was a traitor among the Rose Petals themselves. Someone who might be in the pocket (or, worse, ideology) of the enemy.

Gods, let me be wrong...

(1d20-1)[8] (Spot -- not even for the entity, just the general area)
    (1d20+14)[26] (Spellcraft)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I choose to think our handlers saw something we didn't. Some hazard that could have turned things against us." Cur adjusts his bag and takes in their surroundings. "Or they wanted an undisturbed place to meet us."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!