New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Masak Ayam (escape the kitchen) IC

[c-crow!]THAT WILL DO! the Tyrant pronounces with regal clemency as she hops back off, onto the ground, motioning to Scramble to close the door. YOUR SERVICE TO US WILL BE REMEMBERED! she begins walking away, slow enough for someone with an actual idea of where they are headed to overtake her and show the way. OUR KEY LIES ELSEWHERE! [cluck-cluck] BENEATH THE GROUND!!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks. Let you know if we find something. Hang in there." Scramble closes the cold box. You need to know, Scramble's as cool a chicken as chicken can be. But this place just makes her sad. Things are so much easier on a farm. Just escape. No stone-turny looks. No melting when things aren't cold.

So with less pep in her step, Scramble heads back to the southern crossing and goes back to the hallway beyond the Animal Storage to check the door leading east. On the way, she shows the blue Level 2 to the chicken speaking in riddles. "Hey, found something."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When you check the small door leading east it almost seems like you come into another world.

There are some bowls filled with seeds, dried worms and water.

There is a little sand place for a good cleaning, with a chair against airborne predators! (Yes, you realize you are indoors, but the chair do make you feel somewhat safer.)

There is also a wodden staff going from one end of the room to the other as a good sleeping place.

And there is a jet black hen with golden streaks stalking about a little nest. She looks at you with her button eyes.

Greetings! I thought some would come, welcome to my abode. You can take a rest here if you want.

Spoiler: A wild updated map appears
    Show

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You have reached the safe zone! You can take a small rest here to recover 1 HP ONCE! And time will pass, (which it does anyway, but if you really take a rest it will be even more time than usual! Which may have warrying effects.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Hello! I'm Scramble McRoasty, and that's a damn fine chair you have!" she greets the hen, beak watering looking at the nearby refreshments.

"So, uh... do the peoples in this place leave you alone?"

5. - Top - End - #65

For once, in the meantime, Enyo finds herself left speechless. This place, so thoughtfully furnished, is beautiful. It makes her mind fill with vivid images, visions even, of wide, vast lands, dotted by cozy shelters, under the open sky. Under her rule. It feels warm. This place is sacred. she utters in awe. We must not linger long.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Do you know where the exit to this building is?" On one hand, Thunderbok felt safe and cozy here. But the rooster didn't want to take anything for granted either. And an area where the whitecoats could breach at any given moment made it difficult to stay at ease. "How shall we address you?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The black-golden-chicken looks at the chair in admiration.

Yeah, I really like that chair, it was such a good idea.

I haven't been bothered recently. I remember the white-coats did... Something and I wanted to get home and then I woke up here. It's not really home but it's close. Please if you want to take a refreshment, help yourself.

making a short pecking motion at the assortment of food and snacks.

I know that it must have an exit, I mean I got in here, there must be a way out right? Oh and I'm called Ouzel.

With that she hops inside the small nest, producing some roosting sounds and plucks some pieces of straw into a more comfy position. The very faint chirping of chicks, who surely are going to hatch soon can be heard.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay then. You stay here, I'll go look for an exit in the meantime," Scramble answers. Now's not the time for a snack'n'nap! And Ouzel has eggs to look after, can't have her risk her neck out there.

With that, Scramble turns back around (if a bit reluctantly) and heads further north in the hallway. Soon. Before that, she wants to check if the blue Level 2 opens the cages in Animal Storage. If not, well, further north it is.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Some rest would be nice. Certainly well-deserved, Archibald thought, after leading this group of misfits on this most harrowing adventure.

But life had thought him that with the exception of Archibald himself, things that seemed too good to be true often were. Then again, he had to admit that the events of the day certainly had certainly shuffled his preconceptions.

Not one to look to others for advice, Archibald looked straight ahead as he waited to see what they would do.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The northern door glides open (without an announcement this time).

And it opens up into a larger room, there are 2 set of stairs in the middle of the room, one leading up and the other leading down.

Around a drinking through there are 3 white coats with white cups in they're hands who lazily chat with one another.

"Seriously I would love to grab a bite to eat but the kitchen staff takes an eternity!"

"Yeah, but what should they do, all our servers thought the environment is too freaky and resigned."

"Well they are just scared chickens I say, the pay is marvelous and they don't have that much to do."

"It's not always about the money, Todd."

Spoiler: New map
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Given there are peoples, and no one seems to be following her, Scramble just walks back to Ouzel's home (?). "There's peoples to the right. I'll go walk left and see if I can go through the door past the borker." And then, she does.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Scramble is going to the northern door in the room with the dog.

Does the blue token open any of the cages?

12. - Top - End - #72

A sickly light flares up in Enyo's dark, dark button eyes. GOOD! she crows, and off she is already, creeping up on the door Scramble just opened to size up the humans. A meal, perhaps? At any rate, she promised the captives blood – and spill it she will!

Show

Creepy stealth approach to size up the prey from charging distance (Skill 3): (1d6)[5]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The blue thingy doesn't seem to open anything (if you try something briefly flashes red and doesn't do anything) but it still feels somehow important.

The borker sits beside the other knocked-out-white-coat and seems to guard over him. After getting past the door, you seem to end up in another long corridor, also with a door at the side, but this one is human-sized and has a shield at it's side with the word "Janitor" on it. The door is slightly ajar and faint singing can be heard.

Enyo stalks towards the unsuspecting humans, the future victims of her bloodshed, they still seem to be standing around at the water contraption and talk about things, they don't seem especially dangerous.

"Well where do you want to go to vacation this year?"

"I thought about Malta, you know. Great weather, nice drinks, cool people."

"I'm going to Iceland. Cool horses, great drinks, nice weather."

"Someone has they're priorities in order."

"Damn right!"

Todd does seem to speak up. "You know what I'm going to the kitchen, I have a serious case off the rumblies suddenly, must have been all that cooler water."

"Nonono, first you have to tell use where YOU want to go for you're vacation."

Despite clacking claws on the ground, Enyo can get into charging distance.

Show
    Because you actually took measures to get into a better position the failed skill roll doesn't alert them to your presence. You can get in "charging" distance if you need to.

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2023-06-20 at 03:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Did that one beast say ice-land? Two images flash into Enyo's vengeful, cruel mind. Dead chickens on the ice in the box. A cold place somewhere with a lumberbeast-shaped key. The beast is a murderer. The beast wants to go to ice-land. There are stairs leading down. The path is clear!
    [c-c-c-r-oooooow!!]I'LL TAKE YOUR GREAT DRINK, RED AS IT FLOWS!! the Tyrant screams, shooting forward in a flurry of dark feathers and red, red talons to claim the face of the ice-lander.

Show

Charge! Skill 3: (1d6)[5]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Naturally... the inquisitive Scramble investigates the singing. All sneaky-like!

Skill 5 - (1d6)[3]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

*facewing*

Subtlety, thy name was certainly NOT Enyo. And, with the crazy hen intent on charging in, it would be difficult to send out a BZORK or a SONIC BOOM without potentially hitting her in the crossfire.

Still, Enyo made for a GREAT distraction. And Thunderbok simply strutted down the hall, hoping to get closer for a better position on where to lay his divine bolts of wrath.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Archibald considered taking his rightful place as leader of the pack, but in a rare burst of common sense, he decided that commanding this unruly bunch was perhaps above even Archibald Tully's considerable talents. At least without... The Key.

"You must go deeper", he remembered out loud, actively trying to forget the parts about horrible nightmarish monsters, as he moved towards the downward stairs.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Janitor didn't realize that he was being spied on and seems to clean some pieces of equipment while singing in a strange and weird language.

"Ich wollt ich wär ein Huhn-huhn-huhn dann hätt ich nichts zu tun-tun-tun, leg jeden Tag ein Ei-ei-ei und Sonntags auch mal zwei-ei-ei."

Enyo, being the cold-hearted killer that it is can't seem to find the right angle on this squirming and weird humans while flapping wildly.

"Is that... A chicken?!"

"Iiiieeek!"

"Didn't they... This is a breach! We have to inform security!"

"Are you crazy! This is a level 1 breach, just chickens! I don't wanna get chewed out by security! Going with protocol!"

One of the humans dashes towards the big doors towards where more people were before.

Todd was screaming wildly because of the flapping Enyo, trying to climb the water-dispenser in a panic while the other white-coat seems currently torn what to do.

Thunderbok had enough time to position herself.

Archibald looked down towards the stairs. The first few steps are humming with a gentle blue light, that aprubtly stops after the first three steps. It's dark down there, though there is no cold coming towards you.

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2023-06-27 at 08:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, this (Scramble pokes her head back and up to look at the sign again) Janitor clearly is a people of culture! Of course someone would rather be a chicken than a people! I mean, that is just common sense. She also gets a sense of bread from this Janitor's language, so that clearly means this people is an ally of chicken!

Thus, Scramble decides to recruit The Janitor by hopping on the table, presenting herself in all her chicken glory (+ cool shades). How could this people not lend their aid?

Skill 5 to, uh, impress - (1d6)[6]

Edit: Scramble never disappoints. Like clockwork.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-06-27 at 12:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

NO ICE-BEAST, THIS IS DEATH! I AM DEATH!! [crro-ow!!] Enyo keeps screeching, not at all discouraged from trying to latch onto the ice-lander key-person and let the blood spring forth.

Show

MORE trying to murderize the same staff member (Skill 3): (1d6)[1]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

No doubt about it, it was time for GLORIOUS ELECTRIC DEATH! Or, at the very least, a BZORK~! And the hoomin running frantically to try to get more hoomins just made herself a target of Thunderbok's wrath!

"B-KAWWWWWWWWWK~!!!!"

(1d6)[3] (Power: 5)
    Does he get cooked? (1d6)[3]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Well educated about the better part of valor, Archibald decided to take advantage of the theatrics from the more dramatically minded chickens and started running towards the stairs, doing his best to resemble the floor as he did so.

Spoiler: Roll!
    Show

Stealthy running: (1d6)[3]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

----------Scramble------------

The Janitor doesn't seem impressed, no he seems quite shocked and with a muffled scream he quickly swats at Scramble while he still try's to Scramble on his sunglasses, which both whacks him away and splats him to the wall.

But the Janitor seems to immediately regret his rash decision. "Entschul... Zorry, Chicken! Really Zorry! You are fine, yez? Probably?" The Janitor try's to help Scramble stand up again.

Show
    You lose a hit point... Again.

---------Ace, Thunderbok, Enyo-------

The electrical discarge knocks out the running human and he falls down, still slightly cackling with some visible electricity running over they're body. The icelander meanwhile stumbles dramatically which gives Enyo the possibility to land a knockout blow with his cruel wings of death.

Todd sees Archibald running down and screams loudly "Help! Help! Breach! Breach!"

There are slight muffles, shuffling and moving people behind the door to the human dining area, who seem to come closer.

When Ace claws touch the first flight of the stair, another that was in darkness before light up, which they continue to do so, which plunges Ace in light, as the first three steps behind and before him, which still makes his descent kinda uncertain.

Last edited by Alhallor; 2023-07-04 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Updating the map

24. - Top - End - #84

Ignoring the only enemy still standing for now, Enyo hops on the chest of the fallen icelander triumphantly. WHERE. IS. THE KEY?? she crows at the thing, menacingly. ARE YOU IT??

Show

What-What-What? again (Power 4): (1d6)[2]
    #NoToExtraCrispy roll: (1d6)[1]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"BA-GAWK!"

And splat on the wall goes Scramble yet again. Once the paper-thin chicken has sailed off the wall and smushed back into three dimensions by Janitor, the hen stumbles across with crooked shades with groggy "bok bok"s. Okay so this didn't go as planned, but Janitor seems okay, if equipped with dangerous scare reflexes.

A short brown doodle branch is picked up by beak from a cup holding many of the same doodle branches, each stamped with a short name in bold letters. Going over to a white doodle rectangle like she has seen peoples use, Scramble grabs the doodle branch in one claw and starts to doodle.

It is at this moment that she is not actually sure how the people words are written, beyond what she has seen. So she scrawls "Animal Storage" as she balances on one claw. Then she hops off the table, picks up the Level 2 she dropped, jumps back onto the table, and drops it next to the doodle rectangle. She looks to Janitor, then for further emphasis pecks at the "Animal Storage", then the Level 2, back and forth a few times.

Another thought crosses her mind, and she scrawls something that looks like a cage, pecking it multiple times. Then she looks back at Janitor. Maybe he can help?

Skill 5 for CHICKEN DRAWING - (1d6)[5]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

For a few moments, Archibald looked back and forth between the darkness below and the chaos above.

"I'm just gonna... yeah..." With a heroic squawk, he started leaping down the steps, looking as dignified as only a chicken attempting to walk down a human-sized staircase can.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"...buck..." muttered Thunderbok under his breath. Sounded like they were going to get company.

Which meant perhaps it was time to run awaystragetically withdraw from the scene. And so, Thunderbok fluttered after Ace down those stairs...

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

----------Thunderbok, Ace------------

You fly down the darkness of the stairs who rapidly light up and die down as you go deeper. You feel the air getting colder, it seems to also carry more humidity than before. When you, somehow apruptly, land on a cold metal floor the lights turn up.

You stand in a massive metal hall, the ceiling matching the floor. There is some "clutter" around you. Some metal casings in one corner, a heap of glass containers in the other. Some shining crystals in one and some unsanitary tables in the last. And a massive double-iron-door. At the left and right side of the double-iron-door stand the words.

"Central Computer AI Core"
    "Only for authorized personnel"
    "Unauthorized personnel will be swiftly and fastly executed"

Under all those words is another one of these card-scanning devices.

Spoiler: Map for you two
    Show

----------Enyo-------------

Having just recently found out about the key you see the door to the eating area opened. Five white-clad humans are staring at you in disbelief. Ted is still totally scared of you.

Spoiler: Enyo
    Show
    Make a Skill check

"You there, get the cooks! Ted, get the people from the living area."

Another clad white person has arrived with incredibly thin skin over his bony frame, pointing some kind of device towards Enyo.

---------Scramble----------

"Oh, you can vrite! Quite imprezzive! Iz that vhat they vere teaching you?"

When the animal storage comes up and the Level 2 he exclaims.

"Yez quite right. You can get there with that. You're a really clever chicken aren't you?"

Though when the cages are added Janitor furrows his brows.

"Ah, no. You'd need permizzion from Dr. Howard to open theze. He's the top rezearcher." Looking at Scramble "You know, the head honcho, the bozz-man, the one calling the shotz. He's awfully thin." Janitor trails off a moment looking at a weird white disk with black numbers and three claws in weird positions on it. "He should make his inzpectionz any minute now."

Spoiler: Map
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Enyo turns to survey her opposition with utmost contempt. More beasts to fall, more beasts to roost upon, once fallen! She crows loudly, flapping her wings – a challenge as splendid as only a true CHICKEN can manage is issued. MY FLOCK! OUR FOE IS NEAR! THE KEY IS NEAR, WITHIN OUR GRASP!! [cr-r-r-roww!!] she calls out to the brave feathered folk… Quite conspicuously nowhere near to be seen. TO ME!! she screeches on, nevertheless, undeterred. TO WAR!!!!

Show

Skill 3: (1d6)[6]

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-07-10 at 03:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Truly, Janitor is a people of good sense and great taste as he recognizes Scramble's talents, but that is beside the point. She needs something from another peoples. Scramble briefly looks up at the cryptic ticking disk, but she cunningly deduces that this Doctorhoward is higher in the pecking order than Janitor. The chicken with the loud inside voice and the consequently even louder outside voice because it does not want to be outdone is easily heard, meanwhile.

So Scramble gives Janitor a meaningful look, as well as an appreciative nod. A wing is briefly put on his hand as a sign of friendship, then pointing at him, then downwards, to tell him to stay here. Janitor is a good peoples. She doesn't want Janitor to get into trouble (or the crossfire).

The next moment, Scramble hops off the table with the Level 2, sprinting to where the very loud chicken noises are coming from. There is a very thin peoples! And it is pointing!

Thus, Scramble hops, skips, and jumps, trying to snatch the pointy thing in her beak and skedaddle!

Skill 5 - (1d6)[1]