New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Masak Ayam (escape the kitchen) IC

In the face of Enyo's usual rage, Thunderbok was much more calm and collected.

"You...you are NOT a chicken. What are you?" No anger or accusatory tone. Just a statement of fact.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With both Enyo and Thunderbok closing in on the 'totally normal chicken' it takes a step forward and manages to look embarassed.

I didn't wanted to deceive you. Behind the chicken, a small, reddish see-through human manifests. Looking down and fiddling with it's fingers.

I was created just like you, but I have no memory's from a time before. I was used to oversee this place. The humans gave me very strict rules which I can only bend slightly but never break. That's the reason why I can't just let you out and can only end what is going on when everyone has left the building.

I can understand that you don't trust me and if you want to leave on you're own power you can by trying to get up and get through the only exit door. It's heavily secured however and I'm not sure if you can get through even by you're power.

A slight pause.

But Protocol Furious Badger was supposed to end any breach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

In the background, meanwhile, band-aided Scramble is putting on the proverbial thinking cap to have a real big think. So she runs out of the room, and soon returns with a color stick. Balancing on one foot, the other grabs the stick and the scrawling on the floor begins. Since she already has experience, when compared to the funny peoples signs she did when communicating with Janitor, the results are infinite better[citation needed].

h 3 R 0 n

"Hmmm..." Though briefly distracted by the very visually pleasing oval zero, Scramble McRoasty gives a good, long stare at all... (*looks at claws*) five peoples signs, in an incredible display of Skill - (1d6)[2], rubbing a wing beneath her beak while the non-coloring end of the color stick taps against her feathery head. "Hmmm...."

And ultimately she reveals her cunning deduction: "I think The Heron might be stealing chicken powers."

DETECTIVE SCRAMBLE
    CASE CLOSED!

But back to the other topic at hand: "How do we fix the other chickens though? One melts outside a cold food box, that's no good, chickens aren't supposed to melt! Do your all gore if'ns know that? And you need to leave too. Can't be outside when you shut something down inside!"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-09-19 at 01:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    But Protocol Furious Badger was supposed to end any breach.
    [Clu-cluc-clu-clu-cluc-cLUCCKK!!] a string of chicken sounds rolls out of Enyo that more than slightly resembles a fit of laughter, of the thoroughly diabolic sort. THE PORTION WAS ENTIRELY TOO SMALL!! she pronounces ominously, barely minding Scramble's antics lacking altogether in proper gravitas. Until a conclusion is reached, that is…

"I think The Heron might be stealing chicken powers."

DETECTIVE SCRAMBLE
    CASE CLOSED!
    [Ccroww?] Enyo tilts her head, scratching the ground idly with a taloned foot. WHAT?! a shadow of dark, foreboding anger shifts across her feathered head. But it passes, and the black chicken puffs up irritably instead. THE HERON [cluck!!] IS A BIRD! OF OUR RACE!! OF OUR KIND!! she declares. AND THE HERON HAS WARNED US! [crrow.] DULY!! she takes a couple steps forward, her head hanging low, alert, ready. THIS SLAVE OF THE TALL BEAST HAS TRIED TO DECEIVE US! [cluck!] TWICE!! HOW DID THAT EARN YOUR TRUST?!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not sure if you can get through"? Archibald would have smirked if a beak could bend that way. Instead – and ignoring his incessantly cacophonous companions – he focused his mind on the door in question.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attempting to use Eldritch Instruction Manual to figure out how to open the exit door.

Power roll! (1d6)[5]

Please don't make it hurt roll! (1d6)[2]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

After Scramble's shades stop shaking from the air pressure of the loud chicken's volume and most feathers now mostly point backwards (now looking quite slick and aerodynamic), a question mark appears over her head as it inclines quizzically.

"It's shy. And self-conscious, I might add. Also you make it sound like I called The Heron a bad non-chicken, you know? I just said it can steal powers. Not sure if that helps, but if melting is a power, maybe The Heron can unmelty the melty chicken? And make the big chicken not turn things stony by looking at them?" A beat. "Do you have an indoors voice?"

7. - Top - End - #157

I'M NEVER IN DOORS! [cluck!] Enyo scoffs, offwingedly. How would she even fit in there? And why would she do that? I DON'T NEED ONE! The answer, nevertheless, seems to largely placate her otherwise.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Are you familiar with the other birds here then? What are the whitecoats trying to do with them -- and us?" asked Thunderbok to the VR Chicken. "And do you have a name you wished to be called?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The screaming and perhaps some accusations doesn't seem to sway the small child nor the chicken. Both kinda look a bit unhappy about the situation however.

If the talk comes towards melting and powers the chicken however exclaims. Are you refering to the Pamola? It's pretty small, has a moosehead? It was supposed to be a mighty entity capable of freezing entire city's. But it turned out to just cool pretty small spaces. Some researchers wanted to use it to cool they're food.

The question of a name let's the small child dematerialize, the chicken looks flabbergasted. I... Haven't thought about it. I was never given one myself. But I can tell you who else is there, but I think you have seen almost anything.

Some lights change from red to green.

There are the featherballs, they were former chicken, now they don't need to eat, drink or breathe but can still move around.

There is the sceleton. That freaked the... Whitecoats
    It try's out the name and seems to like it. A bit out, it can't be deleted, it's bones just find themselves again but it seems it can't hear or see anything, though it still moves around.

Than there's the Cockatrice, it can turn other living beings into stone when it looks at them, the whitecoats were pretty happy about that for some reason. Than they were you, it was determined that you didn't had any powers but it seems they were a bit wrong about that.

Ai seems to think a bit. No other birds come to mind. The heron fled, the iron chicken and the phoenix didn't led to results and were discontinued. The mirage chicken got away, before Protocol Furious Badger was formed. The "homefinder" chicken didn't work out too as far as I know.

Regarding the big overall plan of the whitecoats.

I don't really know. They want animals to get powers or additional limbs and try to apply that to OTHER whitecoats. Protol Furious Badger was a small partial success.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2023-09-21 at 03:50 AM.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

10. - Top - End - #160

[crr-rrow!] A SMALL SUCCESS – IN PARTS, NOW!! [clu-clu-clucck!] Enyo interjects, when the Badger Beings are brought up. A pity she only got around to kill one. WHAT'S DELETING?! it sounds like her kind of fun.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

To the Perfectly Normal Chicken: "I thought your name is Ai. Foreign and mysterious. Very oval."

Not really knowing what to do, Scramble adds "Guess I'll look around some more, see if there's more chicken to rescue. Maybe Ouzel is the mirage chicken! Hid from the peoples like a champ! So anyway, I'll come fetch you when it's time to get out of this place." Because that's what cool chickens do.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Deleting... You may say dying? Stopping to breathe and move?

The Perfectly Normal Chicken seems content. Ai? Why not, yes, my name is Ai.

I didn't know the name of any of the other chickens or test subjects. It took some time to learn you're highly sophisticated language.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2023-09-26 at 08:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Enyo files the name away in her short term memory, not bothering to bother with it for the time being. She has… Other thoughts. Specifically, the not-chickens answer to her own question puts an ominous glint in her eyes. [crroww.]Can you delete the tall beasts? she inquires on , her tone suddenly very subdued, but just as urgent.

Show

Yes, she uses a normal voice. Take shelter!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-09-26 at 08:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

"I learned the people-words from the wall rectangles on the way out," Scramble says on the topic of language, then adding after a beat: "And their people-word mistakes on the wall rectangles!"

When met with a not loud Loud Chicken, Scramble puts a wing to her shades, pulling them down just enough to look over their edge. "Hey now, y'all better leave Janitor alone. That's a people who'd prefer being a chicken. And knows a chicken-friend peoples language!" With that having been made clear, because obviously no one would want to harm a friend of chickens, Scramble scrambles off to go explore what has not been explored yet, meaning going up one floor and heading through the doors leading north.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I can't really delete whitecoats, it's against my programming. I can shut everything down and delete what they found out, which may lead to an abandonement of the project.

That's really the best Ai can offer, even when pressed.

The door towards the living area is currently closed, you're mighty ally eyeing it suspiciously.

Further up are some spare sentinels but also a heavy-duty DOOR! It looks quite magnificient, with a golden arch above it and the words.

"Only highest level personel with clearance may leave the building!" above.

Ai can help you leave the laboratories behind. She may also open the door to the living area where at least one whitecoat fled too.

If you check on Janitor he is pretty oblivious on what happened before.

If you call for the heron. He is very suspicious but he would come and if you suggest "stealing" the petrification power he is actually all for it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Scramble scratches her temple with a wing tip. "If that's what you can do, that's what you can do. Then we can all get out of here, yes?"

On the to do list are calling The Heron, asking him to make the shy chicken's stone-looky power go away, as well as the melty chicken's in the cold box.

And finally, gathering everychicken to get out of this place.

Oh right! Going to visit Janitor, hopping onto the table, perhaps this time not getting splatted against the wall, writing "Ai shutting place down. Leaving with other chickens. You a good people." Then looks at Janitor, remembers the sign, and adds "Can Janitor leave this place? Leave with us if not."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The chicken are routed together.

The melty one stopped melting.

The one who stones people is finally able to look others in the eye again.

Even the petrified ones can be brought back to clucking.

Ouzel and her freshly hatched chickens follow (though of course you need to make several stops, till they climb up upon the mighty crocosphinx, where Ouzel can keep them warm and still move forward.)

Janitor may be mayorly freaked out by all the different chicken he sees but he still follows you, the only human ally against all the adversaries.

Finally you able to get out, feel the sun on you're wings while the whitecoats flee in terror.

After several years they are rumors about in the world.

An everexpanding number of cops, appearing where once human buildings stand in one corner of the world.

On the highest mountaintops untamable storms roam.

The knowledge of chicken takes leaps and bounds, an ace-researcher trying to give chickens they're ability to fly back.

And somewhere some wounds are deeply hurt and flee away from a wounded avian.

Show
    Thank you for playing