New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [OOC] Hereticus Tenebrae

Hey everyone, here the OOC thread where we are going to post relevant information, create your characters and when necessary roll some dice.

Spoiler: Character Creation
    Show
    Character creation will follow standard DH1 rules with the following exceptions:

- You may roll two sets to generate Characteristics with one re-roll per set, choose one of these sets and then assign the results between Characteristics as you see fit;

- You have 1000 xp as Starting Experience instead of 400 xp;

- You have Thrones equal to your character's monthly income on top of starting equipment, but can buy only gear up to Scarce availability;

- Thy Name I Keep, Templar Calix and Lathe Worlds are not available.

I would also appreciate if you could write a short backstory for your characters, something that tells me what kind of person your character is, where they are from and how they got "recruited" in the Inquisition.

Spoiler: The Setting
    Show
    The story will be set on Scintilla, the capital world of the Calixis Sector; located in the northern edge of the known galaxy, the Calixis Sector was founded just short of two millenia ago in what is known as the Angevin Crusade. The Sector is however quite distant from the core worlds of the Imperium and as such is fraught with peril.

Scintilla is a Hive World, a planet where immense cities called "Hives" give shelter to billions of people. These Hives are self-contained structures that usually reach the stratosphere and are industrial powerhouses, producing an almost countless amount of goods in immense factories called "Manufactoria" and when needed could also raise entire armies by themselves, each millions strong.

Scintilla has four major Hives, with a scattering of smaller settlements (even though the term "smaller" might be deceiving, some of these settlements housing millions of people), with a total population of 25 billion. The four Hives are:

- Sibellus: the oldest city on Scintilla and its capital, Sibellus is the political centre of the entire Calixis Sector; it is where Marius Hax, the Governor of the Sector, holds his court in the Lucid Palace;

- Tarsus: the economic hub of the planet, Tarsus houses the spaceport that connects Scintilla to the rest of the Sector. There is an ancient rivalry between Sibellus' and Tarsus' nobility, the latter maintaining a fierce indipendence from the capital city;

- Ambulon: a Hive quite different from the others, Ambulon is city mounted on the back of an ancient machine that roams the rocky regions of Scintilla;

- Gunmetal City: an industrial hub built in the caldera of an active volcano, Gunmetal City is a lawless place where everyone carries a gun and duels are a common occurency.

Spoiler: Other Information
    Show
    The Acolytes (your characters) will start their journey in Hive Tarsus, where they will be tasked to find a missing person with critical intelligence for your Inquisitor. Story will focus on intrigue and investigation, with the occasional fight here and there.

More info about the mission will be found in the IC thread.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2024-05-17 at 05:42 AM.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: [OOC] Hereticus Tenebrae

I will be bringing an Imperial Guardsman named Godot. I will be constantly updating this post with his build as it develops instead of making multiple posts. The exception will be when I roll for his stats since edited messages don't roll dice to my knowledge.

Godot will be a melee-oriented tough-guy build with proficiency in land vehicle operation if needed and will likely have an intimidating demeanor allowing him to carouse information out of people if and when we need it.

When a fight breaks out, you can rely on Godot charging forward into the fray and doing his best to draw fire from the enemies, believing himself to be a durable, yet expendable tool for the Imperium of Mankind. You can trust that he will likely be the first one in, and the last one out.

He treats his position as an Acolyte in the Inquisition as an honor and strives to prove that his selection to rise from a lowly Guardsman was not a mistake.
    You can find all of my homebrew here: Nuptup's Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: [OOC] Hereticus Tenebrae

Rolling for Godot's attributes:

Set #1
    (2d10)[7][10](17)
    (2d10)[9][6](15)
    (2d10)[1][4](5)
    (2d10)[7][8](15)
    (2d10)[7][1](8)