New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than The Disease OOC 2

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I think Lemus and Rangers should stay put, Lemus waiting for orders wigh GL and Rangers ready to shoot if some people decide to emerge from the doors right behind Sean.
    Alright, time to roll for the bad guy...
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handcar

This is what the mutants mean.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    But raiders definitely exited this place through the other 5 exits, too. They know how to scatter for safety when the shift hits the fan.
    This part is partly interesting, but I wouldn't go chase those raiders myself to avoid triggering the interactive mode and slowing the game down even more just as Volthawk is effectively sidelined. But maybe I would unleash some dog-led NPCs on the trail so that either Volthawk plays the whole operation or, if he does not want to, it would be resolved by GM? Sean can be around on call in case things turn out ugly.

a huge battery
    What chemistry is this? Is it portable? Good value for its weight?

Also, are raiders' weapons accounted for?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

This part is partly interesting, but I wouldn't go chase those raiders myself to avoid triggering the interactive mode and slowing the game down even more just as Volthawk is effectively sidelined. But maybe I would unleash some dog-led NPCs on the trail so that either Volthawk plays the whole operation or, if he does not want to, it would be resolved by GM? Sean can be around on call in case things turn out ugly.

What chemistry is this? Is it portable? Good value for its weight?

Also, are raiders' weapons accounted for?
    Well, you can mostly write off the fleeing raiders as no longer a threat to most.

The battery is a very large one, an industrial engine part. About the size of a backpack. Probably weighs about 20 lbs. Selling it may be hard. Gunmetal would be the most obvious interested buyer.

The weapons the raiders were carrying; 5 Colt Single Action Army revolvers and 5 H&R Model 8 single shotguns.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

The battery is a very large one, an industrial engine part. About the size of a backpack. Probably weighs about 20 lbs.
    I think size and weight do not match, unless it is something fancy, which, given the other equipment quality, I guess it's not. They probably would not waste a non-rechargeable battery to refrigerate their food, so... a TL7 pickup truck's lead-acid battery? Will weigh 40 pounds and fit in a small backpack, more or less filling it. Let us approximate it with a Very Large Rechargeable Battery from HT13. Nominal 20*8*5 = $800. Hooked up to an inverter costing about as much? Or is it some sort of a portable fridge? I think portable one would be too small. Let's see... 20 men * 3 meals * 3 days of refrigirated food would be about 180 pounds. It they have more, a good chunk should be dried or canned. We'll see if we can cram some of it into cars. While we are hauling the first load of stuff to the surface, what loot do the men there report? Also, can we haul the fridge out? A TL7 or TL8 thing with maybe some conditions?
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-02-28 at 01:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm a little unsure of the value of hunting them all down, to be honest. Splitting up our NPC forces into five to hunt down groups of raiders is a little risky for them - sure the groups are small (2-4 each, as I understand it), but they're good at hiding and know they might be pursued. Meanwhile, as far as we can see these guys were just the guys carrying out the work - they had to bring in files with the relevant information, so they weren't experts by the sounds of it, so whether they live or die will likely do nothing about the risk of this starting up somewhere else, as the General can just give some new chumps the data and send them off. You got one of them unconscious, right? That means we have a prisoner already, so getting more for info purposes probably isn't needed. I dunno, just feels like a situation where at best a dozen or so raiders die and at worst we lose some people.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

I think size and weight do not match, unless it is something fancy, which, given the other equipment quality, I guess it's not. They probably would not waste a non-rechargeable battery to refrigerate their food, so... a TL7 pickup truck's lead-acid battery? Will weigh 40 pounds and fit in a small backpack, more or less filling it. Let us approximate it with a Very Large Rechargeable Battery from HT13. Nominal 20*8*5 = $800. Hooked up to an inverter costing about as much? Or is it some sort of a portable fridge? I think portable one would be too small. Let's see... 20 men * 3 meals * 3 days of refrigirated food would be about 180 pounds. It they have more, a good chunk should be dried or canned. We'll see if we can cram some of it into cars. While we are hauling the first load of stuff to the surface, what loot do the men there report? Also, can we haul the fridge out? A TL7 or TL8 thing with maybe some conditions?
    Yeah, your numbers are better than mine.

Let's call it a TL 7 pickup truck's lead acid battery. 40 lbs. Hooked up to an inverter.
    The fridge is not quite portable. Getting it on a trolley would help with pushing it around. 180 lbs. of food. Don't forget the bottle of water, too. Most of it is canned.
    Hauling the fridge would require getting your own trolley, at least. And it would be hard.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

I will be away for just over a week starting 10th. Not sure how much I'll be able to post, but likely at least once on 14th or 15th.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, thanks for the heads up.
    Stay safe.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

If memory serves, the other PC was spending all day in the lab when we last left him?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

All PCs have earned 3 bonus Character Points.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: next day? Tomorrow's gonna be DAY 87 if so.
    No objections.

13. - Top - End - #223

Day 87? Nice. Now to find where day 86 began because I have to admit, I've kinda lost track of where Richard was healing-wise.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Day 87? Nice. Now to find where day 86 began because I have to admit, I've kinda lost track of where Richard was healing-wise.
    Didn't make any notes on this?
    Any luck with searching the IC or OOC thread for "DAY 86"?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

#28 here are your last healing rolls. You can search IC and OOC on those dates for a total (I cannot do that at the moment because my internet is acting up).

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: I think the Leadership or Administration skill is what you're looking for?
    The officer has Leadership 12 and he is in charge. But he has no Detect Lies, so I thought about running something complementary to (1) evaluate the men and (2) try to make sure there will be no surprises.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

So, DAY 86 is #1032 here, but I'm not sure if this helps us much. The last number I see positively with hit points and date is this (and the forums already ate the old dice thread):

Health update, that last failed HT roll (been pretty unlucky for those, huh) puts Richard at 0/12 HP after Day 81's HT roll.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with fudging it, let's say you recovered 2 HP (1 from resting HT rolls, another from Physician care) every day after you hit that 0/12 HP.

Assuming it has been more than a day since then?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The officer has Leadership 12 and he is in charge. But he has no Detect Lies, so I thought about running something complementary to (1) evaluate the men and (2) try to make sure there will be no surprises.
    Perhaps Psychology skill is a fit for what you want to accomplish?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps. But not having it trained, Sean just hangs along, mainly observing and noticing.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the task should go smoothly for now.

Anything else Sean does this morning/day?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Check if we have Troubleshooters' contacts sometime in the evening. If not, then that's all.

23. - Top - End - #233

Didn't make any notes on this?
    I did...but I've changed laptops since then and apparently the notes didn't make it over.

So, DAY 86 is #1032 here, but I'm not sure if this helps us much. The last number I see positively with hit points and date is this (and the forums already ate the old dice thread):
    I'm fine with fudging it, let's say you recovered 2 HP (1 from resting HT rolls, another from Physician care) every day after you hit that 0/12 HP.

Assuming it has been more than a day since then?
    Okay, so Richard hit zero on day 81. Richard stabilised the next day and he didn't get worse, I'm pretty sure, meaning...six days of healing to put him back to 12. Full health and good to go again.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so Richard hit zero on day 81. Richard stabilised the next day and he didn't get worse, I'm pretty sure, meaning...six days of healing to put him back to 12. Full health and good to go again.
    Glad to hear it!

I believe the radar base still has a doctor and team working on treatment for the disease you got?

Anyway, Sean's reaction roll is Neutral. That may not be enough...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe the radar base still has a doctor and team working on treatment for the disease you got?
    Not on a treatment. On a vaccine. So, eventually sometime we might be able to maybe produce enough not to need those NBC suits if there is just that one viral disease in there. We'll see how it goes, but since you've told you don't get ill with it twice, no effect on Richard.

Anyway, Sean's reaction roll is Neutral. That may not be enough...
    Now, should Richard roll his own or reuse the Sean's roll with his own bonuses?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, should Richard roll his own or reuse the Sean's roll with his own bonuses?
    A roll of an influence skill for a better reaction is possible, at -2.

Do we have an idea of how long the doctor will be working on the vaccine? Even if we don't have a note on that, we could search the thread for the previous posts covering that, right?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess we can try to recruit someone now, on the assumption that the PCs and some NPCs will hit another combat and the new men are part of the militia. Not sure if people will bite, but a fairly good time as re-recruiting times go.

28. - Top - End - #238

A roll of an influence skill for a better reaction is possible, at -2.

Do we have an idea of how long the doctor will be working on the vaccine? Even if we don't have a note on that, we could search the thread for the previous posts covering that, right?
    That should be searchable, I remember the invention system and bugs were mentioned...
    OOC talk on it starts here
    , but the actual rolls being discussed were right at the end of the old roll thread which is now dead.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

[roll2] x4 days for the whole invention, half of them first to fabricate parts
    That [roll2] was 1d6 and the total was something like three weeks, not sure more or less.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we still have re-recruiting thread up. Can anyone check and bump it? Or ask around and feel out anyone interested in a GURPS game? I still think you guys have NPC back-up that even the odds enough. Every PC is certainly combat capable and well-equipped.