New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    It could be a weasel, a cat, or a beaver or badger, etc. There's too many options to just conclude from the furball color.
    Furball color is irrelevant. But another animal, in the middle of desert, which doesn't belong in the desert, it's probably going to be correct.

And since it doesn't seem to be fun for you, here's the badger so it's your question now.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're half right! But "unknown" isn't an animal. What animal can we conclude that fuzzball to be?

My 24-hour hint was even going to be "this needs two strips to solve"
    A striped burrow owl? (What? This isn't a battle. (Also, I maintain that my answer was rules legal and worked!! So yours better include a birdy.))

3. - Top - End - #273

And since it doesn't seem to be fun for you, here's the badger so it's your question now.
    That's V, though. Note the coloration and their casting Polymorph in the previous freakin' panel.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

I thought that was a polymorphed Vaarsuvius, not an animal from Roy's bag of tricks. Or am I missing what you mean?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-06-30 at 08:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    That's V, though. Note the coloration and their casting Polymorph in the previous freakin' panel.
    I thought that was a polymorphed Vaarsuvius, not an animal from Roy's bag of tricks. Or am I missing what you mean?
    Not missing anything, that's just me being stupid and not realizing i had a faulty question. My bad.

6. - Top - End - #276

ClericGuy

Ah, I see. Still, it was a sneaky question even if some aspects didn't work, so props to you on that!

Back on track then, I suppose:
    What simple entity offers enormous arcane power, without having to sell one's soul to fiends to access?
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #277

Ah, I see. Still, it was a sneaky question even if some aspects didn't work, so props to you on that!

Back on track then, I suppose:
    Is a doily an entity?

8. - Top - End - #278

ClericGuy

Is a doily an entity?
    Yup, anything can be considered an entity, from a sentient being to a rock. If I'd said "object" it'd have narrowed down the options too much, and yet you nailed it in minutes anyway.

Your question Peelee.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

9. - Top - End - #279

Open question, then

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take the OQ then.

We've all heard about Calvin's explanation of "The Noodle Incident". (If not, please check it out: Calvin and Hobbes)

What are two similar food-related 'incidents' in The Order of the Stick?

Spoiler: I'll be away from my computer for the next week or so, so here's a clue:
    Show
    Both characters responsible are very similar to Calvin in apparent mental age: ie. around six or so.
    The 'culprit' in the other case references it him/her/itself.

Spoiler: And here're the comics I had in mind. Do not open for 48 hours!
    Show
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-06-30 at 12:44 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    thog had undefined accident! is insect-man looking for this one?
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope. I'm talking about stuff that goes in the other end of the Alimentary Canal, not what comes out! And Belkar's misuse of Yuk Yuk doesn't count! I mean FOOD!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-06-30 at 10:33 AM.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

13. - Top - End - #283

There's food here , and a reference to it here. Do those count?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

There's food here , and a reference to it here. Do those count?
    That's a fairly straight-forward explanation. Lack of Fudge Ripple directly leads to Half-Orc Rampage. No question about what's going on there.

The Noodle Incident is something referenced but never really explained.
    "Calvin: I can't tell stories!
    Hobbes: What about your explanation of the Noodle Incident?
    Calvin: THAT WAS THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH!"

What was the Noodle Incident? We will never know. Looking for something similar here.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-06-30 at 11:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

ClericGuy

DBZA for another example: "if it's anything like that Jockstrap incident, Ginyu probably buried them somewhere around here." "This is just the Jockstrap incident all over again! Right down to the Big Red Ball!"
    ~Robin McKinley

16. - Top - End - #286

That's a fairly straight-forward explanation. Lack of Fudge Ripple directly leads to Half-Orc Rampage. No question about what's going on there.

The Noodle Incident is something referenced but never really explained.
    "Calvin: I can't tell stories!
    Hobbes: What about your explanation of the Noodle Incident?
    Calvin: THAT WAS THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH!"

What was the Noodle Incident? We will never know. Looking for something similar here.
    Ok, so you're looking for characters talking about "the X incident"? Gotcha

17. - Top - End - #287

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Ok, so you're looking for characters talking about "the X incident"? Gotcha
    It doesn't need to be called The Incident. It just needs to be a weird and unexplained thing that is never shown, only referenced. In short, a Noodle Incident.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

We've all heard about Calvin's explanation of "The Noodle Incident". (If not, please check it out: Calvin and Hobbes)

Spoiler: I'll be away from my computer for the next week or so, so here's a clue:
    Show
    Both characters responsible are very similar to Calvin in apparent mental age: ie. around six or so.
    The 'culprit' in the other case references it him/her/itself.

Spoiler: And here're the comics I had in mind. Do not open for 48 hours!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    That's one! One to go!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-06-30 at 12:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-06-30 at 01:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh... that one's iffy. V's not going to get in trouble for doing that (unless the Evil Sauce Dragon has relatives bent on revenge), so it doesn't quite fit with the Lemon Pudding and Noodle incidents.

If you've got a question ready to ask, I'll allow it. Go ahead. Otherwise, keep looking.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't know V would have to get in trouble for it. You asked for noodle incidents. As far as I understood how TvTropes uses that term, I don't think it matters if Calvin gets in trouble. Heck, in fact the TvTropes page gives Vaarsuvius's adventure on the semi-elemental plane as an example. (This wasn't edited in recently, and I gave my answer without looking at that page, though if I had been stuck I might have tried to look there.)

I was going to answer a wizard student called the one who Must Not Be Toilet-Trained, but you restricted the orifices so I think it doesn't count now.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-06-30 at 03:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

BardGuy

Is it about the disappearance of the orc tribe's mighty bull?

P.S. I so detest looking for strips in Don't Split the Party. There are too many storylines and I don't know if I need to go backwards or forwards to find the strip I have in mind.

Edit: Ok, it wasn't. I took one for the team and checked the correct answers. Guess I can verify other people's guesses now. Wasn't gonna find that other one for sure.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-07-01 at 07:39 AM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

24. - Top - End - #294

BardGuy

More than 48h have passed, so it's OQ now.

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    More than 48h have passed, so it's OQ now.
    You know what's fun? Odd numbers! Find me 1 comic with 3 panels of 5 cups/mugs/glasses/steins/drinking horns.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-07-04 at 06:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

BardGuy

Oh Peelee, why does this keep happening?

27. - Top - End - #297

BardGuy

I wanted a hint, not a corrected typo.

28. - Top - End - #298

I wanted a hint, not a corrected typo.
    Then wait another 5 hours.

Actually, since I've been late on the last couple that lasted 24 hours, I'll go ahead and give it early: i also debated including "skulls of thine enemy" but figured that would open it to way too many potential comics.

And for a real hint, i specifically chose something to stymie you.

P.S. I so detest looking for strips in Don't Split the Party. There are too many storylines and I don't know if I need to go backwards or forwards to find the strip I have in mind.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-07-04 at 01:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

BardGuy

Then wait another 5 hours.
    For what, your 48 hours to be up so you can post the answer and I can decide what a good hint would have been?

30. - Top - End - #300

For what, your 48 hours to be up so you can post the answer and I can decide what a good hint would have been?
    .... I'm bad at days. Gonna un-white the hint above.

Re-hosting hint here: And for a real hint, i specifically chose something to stymie you.

Last edited by Peelee; 2023-07-04 at 01:04 PM.