New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Assuming Meta OQ, let's do a lighter one: show me a sentence that provides two different insults at the same time depending on how it is read.
    Presume intentionality for all linguistically feasible disparagements.

OQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    The creature in the darkness is [in the spoiler below] if Rich wrote a Cthulhu D20-based shaggy dog story.
    Spoiler: A shaggy dog story
    Show
    An evil sorcerer in command of a dark cult is trying to unleash a god-killing abomination more real than the gods themselves. At his side, yellow eyes revealed a Haunter of the Dark. The evil sorcerer ordered it to kill.
    TinyMushroom drew my avatar

2. - Top - End - #362

BardGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Find a paper/parchment/scroll on which only the title is readable, despite it seemingly having more text than that. We can see there is more, but we can't read a single letter of it.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Find a paper/parchment/scroll on which only the title is readable, despite it seemingly having more text than that. We can see there is more, but we can't read a single letter of it.
    does a name count as a title? I have a question if yes but I'm not 100% this qualifies.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

4. - Top - End - #364

BardGuy

I like to think I made it clear we should get the impression there is more text on it, just not readable. So for that reason, that one doesn't count, but I would accept it as a title otherwise.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #366

BardGuy

That's exactly the one I had in mind, yes.

7. - Top - End - #367

ClericGuy

I like to think I made it clear we should get the impression there is more text on it, just not readable.
    There is theoretically more text on it because Elan opens it up to read. But, I definitely see how V's divorce papers fit better. Well found.

I'll take the OQ though! Show me an article of clothing which is ambiguous about which side of the body it is meant to be worn on.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-07-14 at 01:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll take the OQ though! Show me an article of clothing which is ambiguous about which side of the body it is meant to be worn on.
    Well, so long as it fits, I suppose… (Also, 401? Who are you and what have you done to ZhonLord?)

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

if you don't throw in some curveballs every deceptive gimmick becomes way too predictable

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

You know what's unpredictable? Art. Find me a nice landscape painting.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

11. - Top - End - #371

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Well, so long as it fits, I suppose… (Also, 401? Who are you and what have you done to ZhonLord?)
    It was one page prior to a question I used twice previously in short succession. The gimmick this time was sticking to the same region to see if people look elsewhere, and I was foiled - probably because I picked questions that were too easy this time XD
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Enq... I'm sorry to say you were on the right track in the first half, but lost it in the second.

And now time's up. The answer is, Elan was scared and angry about the harm Nale might do to his dear companion Banjo.
    Damn, I was pretty confident it was about the Elan-and-Nale-in-Cliffport plot, but I was looking in the wrong places (the "Elan in jail" scenes).

13. - Top - End - #373

BardGuy

Yeah, I should have allowed that answer.

Question to y'all: Would you consider the cast page to be valid to use as an intended answer?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Question to y'all: Would you consider the cast page to be valid to use as an intended answer?
    Per the rules in the OP, I would not consider it a "canon online strip," so no. (And if we want to define that phrase, I'd say the "canon online strips" are the ones numbered and linked on this page.)

15. - Top - End - #375

BardGuy

Hold up, peelee has one going about a landscape painting.
    Oh whoops, my bad. Delete the quote will you. Don't want to give people more than 48h for it when my turn comes.

16. - Top - End - #376

Oh whoops, my bad. Delete the quote will you. Don't want to give people more than 48h for it when my turn comes.
    Get me some art and you can ask again soon as you like!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Get me some art and you can ask again soon as you like!
    Here's some art! Right over Serini's bed!

I don't have a question ready, so we can go with Enq's as soon as he checks back in. Or anyone else's, since I don't think you can call 'dibs' on a question.

Edit: Here's about the clearest shot we get of it, I think.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2023-07-15 at 01:43 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

18. - Top - End - #378

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Here's some art! Right over Serini's bed!
    Yep! I figured of ZhonLord wasn't going to ask about a recent comic, someone ought to.

19. - Top - End - #379

BardGuy

Alright, claiming OQ.

Find me three different strips in which an OotS member thinks there is, or might be, a problem with the color of something. Different OotS member each time.

20. - Top - End - #380

Alright, claiming OQ.

Find me three different strips in which an OotS member thinks there is, or might be, a problem with the color of something. Different OotS member each time.
    1. The boots were, like, lime green. (Which shouldn't be a problem, Haley.)
    2. Dun, dun, DUN!
    3. The hell that happened to her face, arguably. (What the hell do these people have with green?!)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-07-15 at 03:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    3. The hell that happened to her face, arguably. (What the hell do these people have with green?!)
    Good one. I allow it.

If anyone wants something to do while waiting for the next question, there is one with V too (and it's not agreeing with Haley about the boots).

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

The double standards in who's allowed to dress in black without coming across as distressingly evil means this one also contains an example of someone saying a colour change shouldn't be a problem.

23. - Top - End - #383

ClericGuy

Find me a king whose rulership lasted mere rounds at most.
    ~Robin McKinley

24. - Top - End - #384

Find me a king whose rulership lasted mere rounds at most.
    The King of All Roaches

OQ.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2023-07-15 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    The creature in the darkness is [in the spoiler below] if Rich wrote a Cthulhu D20-based shaggy dog story.
    Spoiler: A shaggy dog story
    Show
    An evil sorcerer in command of a dark cult is trying to unleash a god-killing abomination more real than the gods themselves. At his side, yellow eyes revealed a Haunter of the Dark. The evil sorcerer ordered it to kill.
    TinyMushroom drew my avatar

25. - Top - End - #385

The characters break the fourth wall a lot. Find me a single panel with the other three intact (that is, three walls or doors, all at 90° angles to the connecting one).

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

The characters break the fourth wall a lot. Find me a single panel with the other three intact (that is, three walls or doors, all at 90° angles to the connecting one).
    Is it #518 last, Tsukiko cast electric orb on Haley, or does it need to be actual walls?

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Is it #518 last, Tsukiko cast electric orb on Haley, or does it need to be actual walls?
    Actual walls. I only phrased your with "breaking the fourth wall" as wordplay. There is no fourth-wall breaking in the actual panel
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-07-16 at 09:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Peelee: Hmm. It's not the house from #979 to #981 in the house where Crystal attacks Bozzok because we never see the wall opposite of the hole. Not the weapon shop in #976 either, there too we never see the wall opposite the hole.

Ok, so this one will be a stretch but it's all I have. #1271 2nd Sunny opens a hole on a wall of Serini's home, perhaps that counts as breaking one of the walls. Afterwards, #1279 4th shows the wall opposite of Serini's bed and #1280 shows the wall opposite the cupboards, so we know that all four boards exist. We can't tell if they're all completely intact, because we only see a small part of the wall opposite the bed, but I presume it is, otherwise I think they wouldn't bother opening a hole by magic in #1272. The problem is that you specified “a single panel with”.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-07-16 at 09:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #389

Peelee: Hmm. It's not the house from #979 to #981 in the house where Crystal attacks Bozzok because we never see the wall opposite of the hole. Not the weapon shop in #976 either, there too we never see the wall opposite the hole.

Ok, so this one will be a stretch but it's all I have. #1271 2nd Sunny opens a hole on a wall of Serini's home, perhaps that counts as breaking one of the walls. Afterwards, #1279 4th shows the wall opposite of Serini's bed and #1280 shows the wall opposite the cupboards, so we know that all four boards exist. We can't tell if they're all completely intact, because we only see a small part of the wall opposite the bed, but I presume it is, otherwise I think they wouldn't bother opening a hole by magic in #1272. The problem is that you specified “a single panel with”.
    Am I missing something? Mr. Lee asked for intact walls and everybody's looking for broken ones instead.

30. - Top - End - #390

BardGuy

Yeah, I believe the answer is supposed to look like panel four here, except I don't count that door as a wall.

Ha, but this should work (several panels, #3 for example). OQ if correct.

(Whoops, doors were also a valid answer. I owe myself five minutes.)
    Last edited by enq; 2023-07-16 at 10:56 AM.