New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1360
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

I'll take that OQ: find me a snowball fight!
    Goblin wizard avatar by me. You can check out my other art in this thread or on my Tumblr!

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsodacan View Post
    Never bring a greathammer to a snowball fight!

3. - Top - End - #1023

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Close, but no cigar. Yes, Belkar threw a snowball, but I wouldn’t classify that as a snowball fight. I’m looking for two or more characters clearly engaged in a genuine, literal, actual snowball fight. (Should’ve clarified in the original question, sorry!)
    Goblin wizard avatar by me. You can check out my other art in this thread or on my Tumblr!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsodacan View Post
    I think that's Durkon and Squeaky.

5. - Top - End - #1025

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    That’s the one!

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take my own OQ-- this might be too vague to be a good question, but it's certainly not impossible to answer:

What is the significance of the number 608?

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    608 also has significance for establishing the source of a technically-multibook rivalry.

What's a terrible choice of insurance coverage?

24 hour hint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    the reason it's a terrible choice is because of the very low likelihood it will ever be acted on, due to.... alignment reasons. And the one who gave it a chance probably isn't going to see a return on their investment.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-11-17 at 10:39 PM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

9. - Top - End - #1029

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    What's a terrible choice of insurance coverage?
    I’m thinking that would be goblin life insurance! OQ if correct.
    Last edited by cosmicsodacan; 2023-11-18 at 12:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

What sound effect does an attack of opportunity make?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    What sound effect does an attack of opportunity make?
    Well, this one makes a "swoosh."

Probably an easy one, but with nothing in mind, I just hit the randomizer and picked from the comic that came up. Where might one find individually-wrapped cheese slices?

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Not my intended answer, but I was pretty sure there were at least a handful of them out there.

Probably an easy one, but with nothing in mind, I just hit the randomizer and picked from the comic that came up. Where might one find individually-wrapped cheese slices?
    Apparently they just float around on the ocean in crates along with small (3-4 inch diameter) roundish loaves of bread. At one point they could be found on a particular island west of the Southern Continent, but I doubt you could find them there 'today'.

Now I just need to go track down the actual strip. Or let someone who has a question do it instead.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Here. Find me someone with their cheek pressed against glass.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

enq: Look, a rare occasion when you don't ask for three instances of something! That is Elan in #471 5th checking out a lute. OQ.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Find someone tripping on gas.
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

16. - Top - End - #1036

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Tripping as in stumbling due to a gaseous entity, or tripping as in it's making them high just by being in it?
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-11-20 at 05:53 AM.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Tripping as in stumbling due to a gaseous entity, or tripping as in it's making them high just by being in it?
    I think you've found it, yeah. I was trying to be a bit misleading, but I meant option 1.

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Zhonlord, you didn't officially answer the question, or declare an OQ (if that's your intention)

My judgments and medals!

19. - Top - End - #1039

BardGuy

Even with the illusion dispelled, I cannot find the strip

Good wit in that question. Same with the one from not long ago about V wiping out a dungeon.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

20. - Top - End - #1040

ClericGuy

Zhonlord, you didn't officially answer the question, or declare an OQ (if that's your intention)
    Nope, I was asking for clarification to aid my search. I'm stumped on this one, been waiting to see what the 24 hour hint was going to be.
    ~Robin McKinley

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nope, I was asking for clarification to aid my search. I'm stumped on this one, been waiting to see what the 24 hour hint was going to be.
    It's really just Belkar. Nice question indeed, none the less.

22. - Top - End - #1042

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It's really just Belkar. Nice question indeed, none the less.
    Is that a trip/stumble though? I interpreted that as it blowing him backwards with the force of movement, staggering him rather than tripping him.

Guess we need HF to confirm.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-11-21 at 01:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

This was my intended answer, yeah. I thought you had it because you said "entity", which wouldn't have been my first guess if I hadn't had the specific comic in mind.

Meta OQ, I assume.

My judgments and medals!

24. - Top - End - #1044

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    enq: Look, a rare occasion when you don't ask for three instances of something! That is Elan in #471 5th checking out a lute. OQ.
    Well, that was very out of character of me.

Find me three strips in which someone questions someone else's choice of spell. It should be a "why" kind of question/objection, not "how".

25. - Top - End - #1045

26. - Top - End - #1046

ClericGuy

Find me a page in which the same character jumps in the air three times, using a class ability with each jump.
    ~Robin McKinley

27. - Top - End - #1047

BardGuy

Find me a page in which the same character jumps in the air three times, using a class ability with each jump.
    Not that I can think of a strip with three of them, but does Halfling Rage Jump Attack count?

28. - Top - End - #1048

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Not that I can think of a strip with three of them, but does Halfling Rage Jump Attack count?
    It would potentially qualify, if Belkar were to activate 3 distinct barbarian rages in one single page. But not the attacks in and of themselves.
    ~Robin McKinley

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

I thought it would be #588 (with one of the class abilities actually being Durkon's), but on reading more carefully that was all done with one jump.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

You know, I think I've got it right. "There's a wight? Turn undead!"