New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Maybe so, but I don't want to risk reading unboxed spoilers. Can you explain just this one?
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Maybe so, but I don't want to risk reading unboxed spoilers. Can you explain just this one?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, here's the last one, then.

OQ

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Here's an easier one: Show me MitD laughing at someone's misery/pain.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Here's an easier one: Show me MitD laughing at someone's misery/pain.
    Here. I feel like it says something about what time zone people are in that this took so long.

Open question.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2023-06-19 at 08:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    The creature in the darkness is [in the spoiler below] if Rich wrote a Cthulhu D20-based shaggy dog story.
    Spoiler: A shaggy dog story
    Show
    An evil sorcerer in command of a dark cult is trying to unleash a god-killing abomination more real than the gods themselves. At his side, yellow eyes revealed a Haunter of the Dark. The evil sorcerer ordered it to kill.
    TinyMushroom drew my avatar

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

QUESTION! Name a character we never see who could be a reasonably close relative of Haley's!

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    QUESTION! Name a character we never see who could be a reasonably close relative of Haley's!
    ANSWER! Offpanelo is a human, meaning there is a non-zero chance of reasonably close relation to Haley. They could be!

I will donate me question back to the plantie for refinement.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-06-19 at 12:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    ANSWER! Offpanelo is a human, meaning there is a non-zero chance of reasonably close relation to Haley. They could be!

Yeah, that's on me.

I will donate me question back to the plantie for refinement.
    Thanks!

So, QUESTION! Again! Name a character we never see who could be a reasonably close relative of Haley's, based on something Haley says (rather than race or hairstyle)!

10. - Top - End - #160

BardGuy

So, QUESTION! Again! Name a character we never see who could be a reasonably close relative of Haley's, based on something Haley says (rather than race or hairstyle)!
    Cousin Sheila?

Didn't I very recently preach about not making us prove negatives, by the way? Bad plant. Go in the shady corner.

If correct: Find me three strips where sorcerer/sorceress is used either as an insult or to suggest low intelligence.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-06-19 at 01:49 PM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    If correct: Find me three strips where sorcerer/sorceress is used either as an insult or to suggest low intelligence.
    Just to get this out of the way; now:

Cousin Sheila?

Didn't I very recently preach about not making us prove negatives, by the way? Bad plant. Go in the shady corner.
    No-no-no! You are very close, but you'll need to add another strip (not directly involving Haley in any way) to that!

12. - Top - End - #162

No-no-no! You are very close, but you'll need to add another strip (not directly involving Haley in any way) to that!
    Ok. Not pictured: Cousin Sheila.

13. - Top - End - #163

Any strip that shows Durkon calling his mother's friends' children Cousin shows that Cousin is not always blood-related, but we all know it could be.

Open question.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2023-06-19 at 03:00 PM.
    The creature in the darkness is [in the spoiler below] if Rich wrote a Cthulhu D20-based shaggy dog story.
    Show
    An evil sorcerer in command of a dark cult is trying to unleash a god-killing abomination more real than the gods themselves. At his side, yellow eyes revealed a Haunter of the Dark. The evil sorcerer ordered it to kill.

14. - Top - End - #164

Question Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubercular Ox View Post
    Any strip that shows Durkon calling his mother's friends' children Cousin shows that Cousin is not always blood-related, but we all know it could be.

Open question.
    Oh hey a real answer! I suppose that works too.

So with the theme of two-strip answers, find me a superhero depicted and then, separately, said superhero's name be used (as a name. So no, "that was super, man!").

15. - Top - End - #165

BardGuy

So with the theme of two-strip answers, find me a superhero depicted and then, separately, said superhero's name be used (as a name. So no, "that was super, man!").
    Does it have to be used as a name? As in, if there were a superhero called Owlbear, would it work to link a strip with them and then another where an owlbear is mentioned?

16. - Top - End - #166

Does it have to be used as a name? As in, if there were a superhero called Owlbear, would it work to link a strip with them and then another where an owlbear is mentioned?
    Bolding mine.

ETA: Just to be super clear: no, your listed example would not suffice. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2023-06-19 at 03:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

BardGuy

Okay okay, but the comma made me unsure what rule you were trying to express.

18. - Top - End - #168

Okay okay, but the comma made me unsure what rule you were trying to express.
    No worries. I edited in clarification right as you posted this, so yeah, i appreciate letting me know i could still be clearer.

19. - Top - End - #169

Does Therkla in her Ninja outfit count as a depiction of Ninja Girl? Cuz there are a lot of strips like that. And Elan calls her Ninja Girl in this one.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Does Therkla in her Ninja outfit count as a depiction of Ninja Girl? Cuz there are a lot of strips like that. And Elan calls her Ninja Girl in this one.
    Don't know of any superhero named Ninja Girl.

Extra clarification: superhero not created by Rich Burlew.

21. - Top - End - #171

BardGuy

For anyone who wants to flank Peelee's question...

Spoiler: ...these are the two strips I can think of that feature non-OotS superheroes
    Show
    Last edited by enq; 2023-06-19 at 03:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Xykon calls Redcloak Cyclops

Cyclops was shown here.

Open question.

EDIT: Also, Ninja Girl will always be a Superhero! ... in my personal diary.
    Last edited by Tubercular Ox; 2023-06-19 at 03:19 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

(Meanwhile: and this is why I don't ask questions often. Still, good job making the best of it, Ox. The intended answer was Sheila Finkelstein (right age, right continent(, right race (although we only know that last one from Origin))), by the way.)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-06-19 at 03:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

BardGuy

The Azurites needed a lot of boats to evacuate their city. To make a lot of boats, you need a lot of sails. To make a lot of sails, you need a lot of...?

With this in mind, find me someone who could have helped the Azurites build a larger fleet.

25. - Top - End - #175

The Azurites needed a lot of boats to evacuate their city. To make a lot of boats, you need a lot of sails. To make a lot of sails, you need a lot of...?

With this in mind, find me someone who could have helped the Azurites build a larger fleet.
    He would have done better in that capacity, that much is for certain.

26. - Top - End - #176

BardGuy

Find me a bag of gold with two gold coins lying beside it.

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    It's uncertain if this gold is being used to purchase a certain item, but aforementioned certain item certainly has more than one person certain they wish to purchase it.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-06-20 at 02:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

He would have done better in that capacity, that much is for certain.
    Can someone explain this question and answer to me?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruck: #360 5th mentions a shop that sells (painting) canvas by bulk. Canvas is a woven material that is probably also suitable to make a ship's sails from. This world is themed pre-industrial so they don't have synthetic fabrics yet, so both would use plant-based fabrics like linen.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Ruck: #360 5th mentions a shop that sells (painting) canvas by bulk.
    That's the part I was missing, thank you. (I'm not very good at hunting for specific lines of dialogue that I don't readily remember or are buried in the small text.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    (I'm not very good at hunting for specific lines of dialogue that I don't readily remember or are buried in the small text.)
    Yeah, I don't like it either. That's why I include a panel number in my comic references most of the time.