New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Horrors of below IC thread

Sinal, grinning on, tilts her head in the dragonborn's general direction. Hey, if healing me makes you happy, it's not like I'm gonna stop you!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Experience
    Show
    161exp

The party content with their one bison make their way the short distance back to their camp. It takes a bit of time once you arrive back at camp to properly, or at least passably to any hunter, get enough meat from the bison to make a proper dinner for the group as the flames of the campfire push back the darkness around you, as the smell of the roasting bison wafts in the air around camp, and no doubt to the surroundings, the issue no doubt from that won't come anytime soon, if at all tonight, but tomorrow when you have to find a way to keep the carcass from spoiling if you wish to bring it with you to supplement your rations. You could simply leave it here for the scavengers if you wanted of course.

Spoiler: The next morning
    Show
    It doesn't take the group long to make it the rest of the way to the mine entrance, it is very clearly a dwarven mine given how sturdy the supports are around the opening as well as the strong looking wooden door at its the center of the wall they built, no doubt to be able to defend the area should they ever be attacked, however the door remains swinging, no guards stand at it, and the only sound that can be heard from within the depths of the darkness beyond the door is a squawking like sound.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    The figure represents the party as a whole for ease of map making, basically each of these squares is more like 10ft.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As the group enters the mine Garth looks about, activating his Detect Evil. "I have a feeling we're being watched."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #154

Sinal spends the rest of the evening being absolutely useless in butchering meat, stuffing herself, raving on and on about how they must definitely process all edible parts because she can Purify a lot of Food (and Drink) any given day, and trying to give people (even Tohan and Kurt) giant-sized group hugs, bleeding all over them. Before settling down for the night, she does, nevertheless end up finally patching herself up somewhat. Stomach wounds don't do much good for a quality night kept sleeping.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

A couple of Cure Light Wounds for yesterday: (2d8)[1][8](9)+1 each

Once the mine is finally hit, Sinal peeks inside from behind Garth, trying to sun her back some while at it before they'd plunge into the horrid darkness. It's not me. she coments. I don't see a damn thing. The strong smell of freshly chewed liquorice colours her breath as she speaks.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Cillyss draws out her spear and readies it. "I'll take your word for it. Let's proceed carefully. I don't have much in the way of a light, does anyone have one?"
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Garth as you activate your divine powers to see evil you do not pick up on anything right away, even scanning the area doesn't provide any further clues to where your stalker may be, however it is apparent that they are also not coming out to attack you. That still leaves the question though, what are you all to do to light your way before proceeding deeper into the mine besides the entrance?

7. - Top - End - #157

I've got candles! Somewhere. Sinal offers. I don't have hands, though. Free hands. I do have not free hands.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Garth pulls out his Everburning Torch and holds it high above his head, his heavy pick gripped tightly in his other hand as he examines the surrounding area.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Map
    Show

As Garth pulls out his everburning torch and leads the way into the next room you all see three ways to leave, however no sign of whatever it is he sensed earlier. Directly infront of you is a simple stone tunnel, no doubt made like most of this place when they first started mining, and to the left of that is a simple wooden door built into a solid frame. The same can be said about the wooden door to the right of the group. As the room you are in is fully visible to you all thanks to Garths torch you can see a great deal of blood soaked into the stone beneath your feet, as if a great battle took place here, however any clues of what may have fought here have been clearly erased as no bodies have been left behind, nor any tools or weapons for that matter.

10. - Top - End - #160

This place is big! Sinal states the obvious, wandering recklessly in. And really full of blood! Maybe the people down here are her kind of people, after all. So… Path of least resistence? she motions towards the hallway ahead Or we just start opening doors? That one sounds like it could be fun, actually.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sinal and her -2 WIS modifier won't try to detect hostiles for now.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

"You've seen my vermin swarms in action a few times now... one of you, open these doors one at a time. If there's a foe on the other side, pull it shut the moment I've called a swarm. I don't need to see or command for the vermin to bite. More reliable than plenty of humans I've worked with."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Garth nods to Tohan and positions himself in front of one of the doors (square A3). Garth first attempts to listen. If something of note is heard he motions to the others pointing to his ear to indicate he hears something, then he cracks open the door, prepared to slam it shut depending on what lies in wait behind the threshold.

Spoiler: Listen
    Show
    (1d20+8)[23]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

As they pass through the blood soaked area, Cillyss takes a comment to squat down to get a closer look. "This is an incomplete cleanup. With how it's soaked in, I'm not sure if they cared or expecting anyone to be coming by here. I don't like sloppy jobs." Having said her piece, gets up and retakes her position.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

14. - Top - End - #164

Tohan's disparaging comment on Humans earns an amused chuckle from Sinal; to Cillyss, however, she merely shrugs as she puts herself at the middle of the room, trying to keep an eye on the tunnel, Garth and the other door at once. And I don't like scrubbing floors. I get these people! Um… she notices herself, for once. Even if they are horrible murderers. Which is wrong.