New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Risus, freeform Town of Noth IC

Rain continues to pelt down into sparsely crowded streets as people scurry in and out of cars, walking under the shelter of umbrellas and rain coats as they go about their day in spite of the rain.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Risus, freeform Town of Noth IC

Connie leaves from the building she's been working in for the past hour-a minor plumbing issue, caused by the rain, had befallen the folks living in the apartment. She was happy to help, though she's been out of the Hurtzfield Laboratory long enough to know she really should take some kind of payment for her work. As such, she's leaving a little richer than she entered. "Bye guys! Good luck, and don't hesitate to find me if you need any more help!"

As the rain patters down with a tinny noise on her metallic exoskeleton, she smiles a little. Her dad was smart enough to make her from a rustproof material, so the water held no concern for her. She slithered along, humming some vague melody to herself, and peering up to see if there were any rainbows.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Fin doesnt like the rain. It makes his only set of clothes wet and soggy, drips into his eyes from his long unkempt bangs, makes him constantly shiver as the water travels down his back, that awful noise distracts him - and he cant help but feel that the rain follows him around as a form of personal insult from the gods above.
    However, today, he is very glad that its raining - since the annoying noise masks the other annoying noise that follows him everywhere. He quickly taps on the elongated object strapped to his back, covered in a variety of torn sheets, ropes, worn out clothes, all tightly held together by a long black string.

"Will you keep it QUIET?" he whispers angrily, quickly waving at a passerby and shrugging, before turning back to the sword at his back. The sword, in turns, hums something unclear but with a clear disapproving tone.

Fin rolls his eyes and ducks into an alleyway nearby.
    "Look. I need to EAT, ok? In order to eat, I need to buy food. I can't do that if the moment I walk in, the shopkeep will discover I have a freaking TALKING SWORD on my back, because then everyone will know and your former owner will slice me open like a pig and lock you in a cold, dark, room, forever. Got it?"

The sword hummed some more, and then turned silent once more, the sapphire stopped glowing beneath the covers.

Fin sighed, strapping the blade to his backpack once more, and kept on walking, looking for a tavern whose owners would be kind enough to give him a free meal
    Again.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Gertrude is trudging through the rain-soaked streets, utterly miserable. She's soaked through, and divine being or no, the cold of Noth's enough to make her shudder. She'd been told Noth was a balmy coastal city, and came dressed in her best clothes! Her fancy shirt, cravat and pantaloons. Classic respectable fashion... until it's soaked through.

Still, perhaps she can fix it. Ducking into the partial cover of an alleyway for a second, Gert withdraws her sword from its scabbard, giving it a couple of experimental flicks. A few sparks play across the blade, a trace of embers, but the rain swiftly snuffs the fire out before she can properly get it going.

Typical. Sighing to herself, Gertrude withdraws a now rather damp message from her jacket pocket, checking it again in the forlorn hope she'd missed something.

Unusual thaumaturgic activity has been detected in the town of Neath. Investigate, stabilize the anomaly, and compile a full report for the Commission on Geomantic Stability.

Once upon a time, maybe that would've been enough detail for a mission. You could just go to a place, take a quick look around, find out whatever's going wrong. But since Omniversal Conjunction 274-B6 (the event mortals call the Shattering), trying to spot an anomaly has become ridiculous. What's normal anymore anyway? The Home Office might keep the great Celestial engines spinning, but Heaven doesn't know much more than anyone else about what the world should be like at this point.

Some pencil pusher just thinks these stupid whizzy metal boxes aren't 'aesthetically pleasing' or they're a health hazard or whatever, and want me to go shut down the factory. I... hrm. Hello.

A strange silhouette just slithered past Gertrude's alley. The rain plays strangely off of it, a faint cling-clang, cling-clang. This thing seems... odd. It doesn't match up with anything else Gert's seen in her exploration of this strange place. Could divine luck have favoured her? Could she have literally stumbled into the anomaly?!

Probably not. But hey. I don't have anywhere else to start. Gritting her teeth, Gert steps back out into the rain, walking after the strange creature. What will it do next? Try to eat small children? Go get a warm drink?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Fin drags his feet back out into the rain as the last motel in town refuses to serve a homeless teen with a giant stick, and honestly, he cannot blame them.

His shoulders slump, and he starts looking for a partially dry place to sleep in, when his sword huma again.

"What do you want now" he mumbles angrily, unwrapping some of the cloth around the gleaming gemstone at the sword's hilt.

Danger, young master Fin! Can you not hear the rustling of chains?

Fin rolls his eyes. That would have been a much more effective threat eight towns ago, before he had to escape things like a car (scary, but apparently pretty regular after the shattering), a pair of old ladies (whom the sword "swore" were "just two parts of a chimera in disguise), and in one instance - his own shadow.

But...he did hear the rustling of chains - which was also the trademark of one of Edward's many bounty hunter, a nasty kyton hybrid with bladed clws that extended from the tips of his fingers, attached to cold iron chains.

He immediately hid behind a corner, and saw a weird metallic figure, the likes of which he has never seen before - and something else, someone else, behind it.

He almost preferred sleeping in the rain

6. - Top - End - #6

Despite Gertrude's less-than-subtle following, it takes Connie a bit to realize what's going on. "Hm... Darn," she says before she notices, failing to have found any rainbows. Her attention drifts downwards, and she spies the angel following her with a sword, still a little visible in its scabbard. "Hey!" she calls, whirling with shocking speed to face the angel. "You better not be planning on using that sword!"

She lowers herself, ever-so-slightly, and her shirt's shoulders shred as armored plating emerges. Her tail whips back and forth, ready to strike, and her arms move similarly, ready for a brawl. "What do you want?" she asks.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shera simply stood in the rain, letting the droplets paste her mix of copper and ebony locks to her face. Some deep (and scaly) part of her brain wanted nothing more than to soak up all the moisture. Not that she would. Instinct be damned, she knew the rain water was dirty, just like the other cities she'd visited with this level of industrialization. But it was tempting.

Shera often found that taking a little time to enjoy the simple things meant that she could focus better. It also meant she'd catch on to opportunities others might've missed. That's how she caught sight of the jeweled sword. Inside her pack, in a tightly bound journal, rested a wanted poster with the sword depicted in loving detail. The person next to the sword, not so much. It wasn't exactly hard to put the clues together.

She trotted casually behind the teenager and weighed her options. The size of the bounty would make for a nice little bonus, or, more likely, take up way to much time and effort. On the other hand, she was already late getting to the uncovered ruin in Orsin. If the mists kept blocking her in, there'd be nothing left to explore or grab. Basic curiosity won out and she quickened her pace to close the gap.

The kid must've noticed something was wrong when he ducked out of sight like a true pro. Shera was a pro too though. Ducking into another alley to avoid getting spotted, she hoofed it towards an adjoining intersection. If she was right, the kid would be looking for someone on his tail. Luckily, her hunch played out and the kid was staring at something around a corner.

Quiet as she could, she crossed the open space and hugged the wall. Pressed against it, Shera could hardly contain the laugh that threatened to bubble out as she slid closer. With the his attention still focused on whatever was around the corner, Shera leaned in and spoke into his ear.

"Hey kid, what are we hiding from?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Ah."

Gertrude takes a step back. Rather than go for her sword however, the stranger reaches into her jacket pocket, withdrawing a notebook and pen. She leans forward, trying to cover her little volume from the rain as she starts to question Connie. "Are you a thamuaturgical anomaly? Have you, or any of your immediate associates, participated in any anomalous arcanophagic activity of grade B12 or higher? Are you aware of any non-causal, counter-causal or paradox driven phenomena within the current duly recognized city limits of the borough of Noth?"

There's silence for a second, only broken by the pitter pat of rain around them. It dawns on Gert that she's talking to a mortal, and she'd just dropped a bunch of technical questions that only other angels would probably have known the answer to. She waves her pen hand, dismissing the issue. "Have you noticed anything 'weird'? Are you 'weird'?" Looking up, she gestures to Connie's side. "Also, you ripped your shirt. Just... so you know."

9. - Top - End - #9

"..."

Connie is silent a few moments. The armor plates retract, her tail settles, and her center of gravity leaves its brawler's stance. "Technically yes! My dad, Gregory Hurtzfield, empowered this form with something called 'The Spark', granting me not just animacy but also sentience and sapience! And, while I'm not well-versed in the classifications of supernatural events, I don't believe I've personally participated in anything beyond that which is myself-but my father vanished, not too long ago, which may be related to something of that nature." She slithers closer to the angel, her former aggression entirely forgotten. "Did you ever work with my dad? You sound like you might've! What was he like, before I was made? He always said 'Being a dad changed me' but I'm curious what he was like beforehand. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Noth is mostly secure-I haven't noticed anything much stranger than myself here. Do you have a book with the classifications and regulations? I could take a look, see if anything does qualify! And I could probably learn something too!"

She stops, just a few steps shy of Gertrude. "Err... Also hi. I'm Connie. It's nice to meet you, Miss..."

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Is it?"

The woman's reply is less biting, more flustered. She's unused to this much... positivity. It takes her a second to parse everything Connie's said, the woman repeating it back slowly and in simple terms. "You worked with your father. He was a practitioner of magic. Then he vanished."

When broken down like that... this is starting to seem promising. "I doubt you're the anomaly I've been sent here to deal with. You're far too... cheerful to be a void in the proper operation of the universe. But a magician powerful enough to create life going missing?" This sounds promising, and Gert is sorely tempted to commit immediately to searching for this strange metal snake lady's father. If she agreed, Connie would hopefully let Gert inside their house to investigate. She'd be able to finally get out of the rain! But before the angel can say any more, her sense of duty stops her cold. There's one last point she has to shoot down first. "Did he go missing in a normal way? Gambling debts? Alcohol? Unresolved debt to local crime families?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

"GAHH!" Fin shouts and bounces aside, backing himself up against the wall, wincing as the muffled clanging of thw sword is heard. "Who, me? Umm, nothing, y'know, just looking for a place to sleep!" he forces a smile, but blood can be seen leaving his face as another voice is heard in the alleyway
    Hmmpf! Hmmmph hmmph hmmph!

Fin nervously fiddles with his shirt's collar. "Weird, do you hear that? I wonder where this sound comes from" his eyes dart around the allyeway, looking for a possible escape route
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2023-06-22 at 11:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "Is it?"

The woman's reply is less biting, more flustered. She's unused to this much... positivity. It takes her a second to parse everything Connie's said, the woman repeating it back slowly and in simple terms. "You worked with your father. He was a practitioner of magic. Then he vanished."

When broken down like that... this is starting to seem promising. "I doubt you're the anomaly I've been sent here to deal with. You're far too... cheerful to be a void in the proper operation of the universe. But a magician powerful enough to create life going missing?" This sounds promising, and Gert is sorely tempted to commit immediately to searching for this strange metal snake lady's father. If she agreed, Connie would hopefully let Gert inside their house to investigate. She'd be able to finally get out of the rain! But before the angel can say any more, her sense of duty stops her cold. There's one last point she has to shoot down first. "Did he go missing in a normal way? Gambling debts? Alcohol? Unresolved debt to local crime families?"
    "Not quite! He was an artificer, arcanist, scientist, gadgeteer... He had a lot of titles," Connie responds. "And he actually tried replicating what had happened with me, but whatever 'Spark' had worked with me didn't imbue anything else with the same level of cognition. He was a whiz at animating things, but only for simple tasks or programmed routines-most complex thing he made was the Hurtzfield security protocols, which can mimic intelligence but is really just a record and a complex series of flowcharts. He went missing during an expedition to Allerheim-you know, the dimensional ruins. The only debts he had was his mortgage for Hurtzfield Laboratories, which was up-to-date before his disappearance."

Closing the remainder of the distance, Connie grabs Gertrude's hands in her own. "Ooh, this is gonna be great! I finally have a new friend-and someone who knows what they're talking about! I mean, I don't mean any offense to the folk of Noth-they're all nice enough, but none of them know the intricacies of science or magic. Admittedly, it's kinda cool to see the internal combustion engines of the vehicles, but it seems a little wasteful-then again, I'm sure some of the stuff back at the lab would seem wasteful to them. Do you have a place here?" she asks, to Gertrude's immense disappointment when she continues. "I've been just kinda sleeping wherever-the rain doesn't bother me, though it has made note taking difficult today. Actually, let's just step into the alley for a moment-the buildings should stop most of the rain."

She pulls the angel along, and appearing suddenly before the sword-thief and the adventurer is a clockwork naga with a dopey grin on her face and a bewildered woman.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shera lost it as the kid jumped. That the sword he was hiding clanged against the wall made it even funnier somehow. His explanations weren't wasted on her as she continued to laugh, even being forced to wipe away a tear or two. Honestly, she felt a little bad bad for him. No body should have to sleep in an alley way; it was murder on the back.

"Sorry, sorry... *Snerk* Sorry. Gods that was funny. Holy ****."

It was almost enough to make Shera forget why she trailed the kid in the first place. Almost. She casually stepped away and cut off his vector for an alley escape as she introduced herself and waved aside his attempt at diversion.

"Name's Shera, Shera Halen, and I can't just ignore someone that just said they have to sleep on ground. Especially a kid like you." She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and started to lead him back out to the street when they nearly crashed into into the two women holding hands.

"You... You aren't a peeping tom, are you kid?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

A true servant of heaven has their pride. They would protest at being dragged somewhere against their will, likely reciting their title and fighting tooth and nail to resist this barrier to their duties.

Gertrude has lost any or all remaining traces of independence, between her tiredness and Connie's excitement. The Naga's all but hoisted her off the ground by the time the two have rounded the corner. Seeing new observerse doesn't lead to more than a blink from the strange woman. But Shera's comment returns a little spark of humour to her eyes.

"Hand holding is your idea of in flagrante delicto? Tcha. Mortals these days. So innocent."

Back in command of her faculties, Gert takes a second to adjust her soaked outfit before addressing the group. "Okay. I've been over this. Post conjunction, destiny has a slight metacausal impact on the immediate causal line of impactees." She's gone back into shop talk, hasn't she? Gert sighs. "When worlds get smashed together, people who don't fit end up pulled together. That turns an anomaly into just a new normal thing. A bunch of random elements come together and take on stability."

There's more to it, but Gert's too tired to bother going into greater depth. She takes a breath, before turning to Connie. "I'm not a local to the town of Noth. I'm willing to bet you aren't either. " This is to Fin. Shera gets a narrowed eyebrow. "You, I don't know. This is Connie. She's... friendly."

The word doesn't have venom to it, but Gert's pronunciation is unique. It comes with a hint of horror and a good portion of sheer incomprehension. The traveller sighs. "I need a warm drink, and a chance to forget my worries before going back to work. Let's try this tunnel system. I saw some passersby come out of it earlier. They had warm steaming cups of... something."

Gert trails off in a vaguely remembered direction. Maybe the others will join her and she can ask them questions. Right now, the siren call of a break is more important.

15. - Top - End - #15

"Oh, okay! I don't really drink much, but I can work on my chassis a bit," Connie says. Before leaving to follow Gertrude, though, she looks up and down at the two folk in the alley. She cocks her head slightly, looking at Fin, and his muffled sword. "Is your sword talking? Is your sword sentient?" she asks, her smile bigger and bigger. "You guys are coming with! I just got paid for some plumbing job, so I can cover everyone's meals, but you, your sword, and I need to have a chat! Come on guys!"

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shera shrugged at Gert, "I'm not here to judge the kid for his tame kinks."

Words were spoken then. Many technical and complicated words and concepts. It sure was an explanation the more human looking woman of the group gave. The gist, as Shera understood it, was that the secret angel was lonely enough to drink. Gods, weren't they all. And a covered meal to boot? She could get used to this sort of hospitality from strangers.

"I think he'd love to come along."

Her arm snaked around Fin's neck once again.

"Remember kid, you're entertaining three ladies now. Best behavior."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

"Doesnt feel like I have any choice in the matter" he whispers back "but really, Id rather you not being so close to me, my fingers tend to slip and accidentally take things that belong to other people, its a real shamez, yknow"

He grabs onto something, not even looking at it, but stares straight into her eyes - ignoring the mumbled voice on his back and the cleae one in his head - both probably saying this is a vey bad idea

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shera doesn't feel the kid's hand slip into her pack and grab one of her journals. Namely the one that held his very own wanted poster between the pages. She was too busy being amazed that he'd casually drop the fact that he was a thief.

"We've got to work on your impulse control kid. Peeping, stealing... It's not a good look. Anyway... What the hell is you're name?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Inside the coffeehouse, Connie waves cheerfully to the barista behind the counter. "Coffee or something for my organic friends here! Whatever they'd like, really. I'll cover it."

She slithers to a table and rearranges the chairs a little, providing space for her to coil in beneath it and plop her arms on the table.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The doors to the coffehouse opened wide. From the rainy outside, there entered a royal looking man of great height and good looks. He was wearing a travelling cloak, under which he had a belt with two handguns. He was wearing comfortable travelling clothes, including a brown jumper, and was wearing a backpack.

Behind him, there entered a little, young lady with notepad in her hands and a photo camera hanging from her neck.

- … No, no, really, I hadn’t yet come with any idea for this weird rain. And no, I have no proof that it has something to do with any kind of ancient ruins, really… - he said in a strong, but somehow exhausted and bored voice. The lady gave him a dreamy look that he ignored.

- Anyways… waiter! - he beamed his most handsome smile – Hot coffee for me, and with whisky, if you will. And something warming for my young companion – he pointed with a movement of his head the journalist that had been following him. She could have melted, but still, he pretended not to see.

- I see we all a little bit cramped… scusami, per favore – he switched the language without even meaning to – Might I and this beautiful lady accompany you? - he smiled at the group of adventurers.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The coffee shop had seen better days, paint peeled beside smudged windows, but it had the look of a place that once had been cozy and inviting. The barista, a middle aged woman who's eyes lacked the spark of hope and wonder one often encounters in such shops, reemerged with two coffees in paper cups; placing them at the table that Connie is sitting at and that Albert is approaching. "No alcohol." She informs Albert, her voice monotone. "That'll be three seventy five, each." The coffee is black, but she waves, almost dismissively, at a small table off in the corner which looks to house an array of creams and sugars. Almost as an afterthought she adds "Want anything else? A cookie?"
    Last edited by drack; 2023-06-30 at 08:42 AM. Reason: punctuation
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

22. - Top - End - #22

Connie fishes in her pack and pulls out a $10 bill. "I'm sure we'll order more, but that should cover it for now. Thank you!" She looks over to the Casanova-type gentleman, and nods. "Sure thing! I'm Connie-what's your name, Mr.?"

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The woman nods inattentively, taking the note before returning to the counter and staring into space in the general direction of the door.
    Last edited by drack; 2023-06-30 at 12:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

- I'm Albert, nice to meet you - he smiled at his discussant. He decided to omit his surname just yet - didn't wanted to cause a stir as the "famous du Croft guy".

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I'll take a cookie," Shera raised her hand at the prompt and found a seat at the table, "No coffee though, I'm good."

She'd finally let go of Fin as they walked, once she was certain the kid wouldn't run off. But now she was stuck. The kid was a lot like a rabbit. Bringing up the bounty could spook him.

Considering her options, the best outcome was that she'd wait for Connie to say or do something as a lead in. Snake girl seemed a natural at slithering into people's lives. Speaking of...

"Shera," she offered as way of introduction to Albert. It was to the point, but wasn't intended to be rude. There was just something about his face that seemed familiar.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Right. So, onto business!" Connie states. "Gertrude here is investigating an anomalous... Event, or individual, did you say? Or do you not know yet? Either way, that's probably important to the health and safety of the people of Noth. Then, secondarily, you there have a sword that's been chatting," she addresses Fin, "And I'm pretty sure it's not a complex flowchart, but actual intelligence. That is something that was unique to me, to my knowledge, so I'd love to get to know someone else of the same origins. Or similar. Or even totally different!"

She pauses a moment, mimicking the action of taking a breath. She doesn't seem to be consciously doing so, just imitating what she's seen others do. "Also, we should probably share what skillsets we're bringing to the table. If Gertrude's anomaly ends up being dangerous, we should have each others' backs, but that works best when we can work as a team. I've got a wealth of scientific and magical knowledge, though I lack the skill to utilize the magic side of the knowledge. Still, I can make gadgets and handle machinery. I'm also a pretty good brawler-Gertrude got a glimpse at my 'battle mode' earlier, which... I need a new shirt." The sleeves and shoulders of Connie's shirt have been torn to shreds, though the central shirt portion is still pretty well intact.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

There seemed that the table companions of Albert were planning something, most seemingly an adventure. He was silent, not being allowed into the conversation, just drinking his coffee and warming himself after the rain outside. He was thinking, obviously, whether his skills as adventurer could suffice, would he be part of the plan, and whether there were any ancient sites involved, but, obviously, he stayed quiet, even though he smelled the aroma of thrill and discovery.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Fin is a hundred precent not focused on anything. At first, it seems like the far-off look in his eyes is either connected to him looking for a way out or to the cookies offered for a price he cannot pay - but looking a bit below the surface, something glimmers in his eyes, and those who are a bit closed can barely make out the voice
    "SIRE! Sire, this is our chance! We can go on a quest!"

Fin tries to mumble something, but the voice continues
    "Sire, if you would do something great, it will mean people will recognise you! They will love you, and wont chase you anymore - and even if they will, those other strong companions will protect you for sure"

Fin sighs, slumps in his chair, and looks around a bit lost
    "Yeah, sure, whatever it is, Im in. Lets go punch some anomalies"

29. - Top - End - #29

"Yay!" Connie says and hugs the urchin. She coils back to her spot and pulls various parts and pieces from her pack. "I'm gonna see what I can rig up in terms of detecting anomalous events or objects-spatial distortions seem like the easiest bit of it to track, but I suppose that awkward auras might be something worth looking into too. No promises it'll work perfectly, but..." she comments as she starts winding a copper wire around a translucent crystal. She then plugs both ends of the wire into the back of her neck, making her eyes flicker in various colors before settling into a violet hue.

With her newly enhanced vision, Connie looks about. "It's... Functional," she reports. "Don't be expecting miracles from this job, but I can refine it with some time and more parts. Lemme see... Nothing in this coffee shop... Nothing immediately out-ow!" she yelps, and unplugs the device, her eyes going back to their normal black color. "Note to self-needs insulation."

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by herastor View Post
    "I'll take a cookie," Shera raised her hand at the prompt and found a seat at the table, "No coffee though, I'm good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Fin is a hundred precent not focused on anything. At first, it seems like the far-off look in his eyes is either connected to him looking for a way out or to the cookies offered for a price he cannot pay - but looking a bit below the surface, something glimmers in his eyes, and those who are a bit closed can barely make out the voice
    The barista hesitates, deciding whether to serve them herself, before ultimately gesturing to four glass cookie jars on the counter, a small metallic tongs, and a stack of napkins, and individualized name/price cards resting in front of them. "Three dollars each, help yourselves." The jars themselves are of an older make with the sort of thicker heavier glass you'd never see people selling today. The cookies themselves are split into two types, there are long thin biscotti, both almond and chocolate chip, as well as spread palm sized chocolate chip and snicker-doodle cookies. Additionally you spy a small stack of cinnamon rolls on a platter with a glass cover marked two dollars, and a similar covered platter housing less than half of a delicately decorated cinnamon spice cake marked seven dollars.