New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Given that we are making fresh polutices every day, starting to feel we might as well be making Draughts every day

Wighard has the apothecary tools, aboard ship we have the time.

You care to suggest a mechanic?
    WOO, 10 heals, back up to 12/15. The hedgehog knight rides again! Thank you Doktor Haus; your abusive manner and medical excellence have saved the day again.

As far as making the draughts, there's a system in 4th; I'll have a look at it tomorrow and pitch it for yours and Bramble's approval. Those draughts are pretty good and pricey so manufacturing them is both desirable and also needs to be moderated against being either a gold fountain or too good, but I'm sure we can hit something just right.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Poultices are 5p - which is way below the level I bother tracking anymore

Draughts are 10gc - so that is involving serious money

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    WOO, 10 heals, back up to 12/15. The hedgehog knight rides again! Thank you Doktor Haus; your abusive manner and medical excellence have saved the day again.

As far as making the draughts, there's a system in 4th; I'll have a look at it tomorrow and pitch it for yours and Bramble's approval. Those draughts are pretty good and pricey so manufacturing them is both desirable and also needs to be moderated against being either a gold fountain or too good, but I'm sure we can hit something just right.
    understood

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Regine, as far as I can tell, has only lost 1 wound, though I'm RP'ing her being just a touch exhausted and thrown around.

She's find with returning to the shadows and keeping an eye-out/scouting.

In fact, she might do just that.

Concealment: [roll0] vs TN 98

Move Silently: [roll1] vs TN 98

Perception: [roll2] vs TN 67 (or 77 if dealing with further traps/locks to pick)

Mr GM Bramblefoot, what were the results of Regine's little scouting effort?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Mr GM Bramblefoot, what were the results of Regine's little scouting effort?
    the scouting of the keep is not possible as the door must be broken down. they put the bar over the door

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Rest of the keep grounds, the battlemenrs/ramparts, the gatehouse, how many storeys it has and uf any are scalable etc. Any extra info would be ace.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Rest of the keep grounds, the battlemenrs/ramparts, the gatehouse, how many storeys it has and uf any are scalable etc. Any extra info would be ace.
    boltholes like everywhere. gatehouse is currently nonfunctional due to a well placed axe blow kinking a chain link

It's a three story keep, with what looks like smooth marble sides. this would be murder to even attempt a climbing check. youd go like splat if you made it up at all. bare hands do not cut the keep

the door is iron banded wood, with a weird sigil on the door
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-08 at 09:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Any animals in the stables?

Any food or gear in the kitchens?

Wighard will check out the sigil on the door

(1d100)[87] Magical Sense 67

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Any animals in the stables?

Any food or gear in the kitchens?

Wighard will check out the sigil on the door

[roll0] Magical Sense 67
    plenty of poor quality rations, and a large iron kettle in the kitchen, and there is no mounts in the stables

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Whereas:

Abdiel has expressed explicit interest in "troupe" play where we are have a bunch of NPCs with us

Whereas:

I get to implement medic rules

I suggest:

That we can't fix someone from being Heavily or Critically wounded more than twice a day unless magic is used.

Therefore:

Be ready to drop out and have an NPC sub in if Wighard sys you have to be medevaced

Opinions?

I think so far Bertelis has hit that limit, Bruno and Jasmine are on one each
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-07-09 at 10:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I dropped to 5 on the ship briefly before the retcon; I think the barrel bomb is the first time today, actually.

I usually notice when I get to 3 or less because I have to take my madness test.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-09 at 08:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Guys, this is a keep made out of marble.

We are fn richer than kings if we can kill the *******s inside and carve off large pieces of it and get it to civilized lands to sell.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-09 at 08:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

We are fn richer than kings if we can kill the *******s inside and carve off large pieces of it and get it to civilized lands to sell.
    big if. grins

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well it's a flux stone so it has a base value of 2, and blocks have a modifier of 5. So they're only worth 10 apiece.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No way jose, that's like saying "Well gold is a type of metal, and hand weapons are made of metal, so...". Marble was ridiculously expensive in the middle ages and this guy has a fort made out of the stuff!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Well it's a flux stone so it has a base value of 2, and blocks have a modifier of 5. So they're only worth 10 apiece.
    What in the Dwarf Fortress -

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

alright players, have we come to a decision?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

From the sounds of things, Regine is taking point and making a lot of Trap Finding and Lock Pick rolls.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Aside from a stretch goal of selling it off block by block (I still hope it can become Wighard’s Wizarding School for Traumatized Youngsters, or atleast we can make it go back to Breton waters and get a finders fee from the king) I think we are running out of ideas besides trying the tunnels. Objections, alternatives?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Aside from a stretch goal of selling it off block by block (I still hope it can become Wighard’s Wizarding School for Traumatized Youngsters, or atleast we can make it go back to Breton waters and get a finders fee from the king) I think we are running out of ideas besides trying the tunnels. Objections, alternatives?

Someone will have to make a Navigation roll at night once the stars are out so we know 100% where we are. But from the sounds of things, this is a desolate rock off the coast of Norsca and it's so cold that we have to make toughness checks not to freeze to death. Nevermind the fact that it'll get raided pretty quickly once word spreads that the Big Kahuna of the place (the wizard) got jointed, but now its occupants are mostly defenseless refugee's/kids, it'll be ripe pickings.

So I reckon that, if we're successful, we plunder it and carve off as much marble as we can and then burn the place down and set sail for the closest civilized land.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It also teleports around so we can teleport it somewhere tropical once Wighard figures out how to work the controls.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah. We can debate how long to spend trying to pry up the marble exterior tiling once we know if this place can be seized for teleport use, or if it will collapse with the death of the current owner, Barad-dûr style. For now, I think we’re tunnel running. I’ve got the flaming sword - light sources, everyone else? Can Wighard make the tunnels glow? Are they not a “structure”?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. We can debate how long to spend trying to pry up the marble exterior tiling once we know if this place can be seized for teleport use, or if it will collapse with the death of the current owner, Barad-dûr style. For now, I think we’re tunnel running. I’ve got the flaming sword - light sources, everyone else? Can Wighard make the tunnels glow? Are they not a “structure”?
    i would consider tunnels not a structure

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

soo, ill ask again. can i make a post?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Let’s wait for the whole squad to weigh in. I think I’m the only one who has settled himself on the tunnels at the moment; and Jasmine IC

Reluctantly voting for Through the Tunnels:

All For:
    Bertelis
    Jasmine
    Wighard

All Opposed:
    none so far

Abstaining:
    None so far

Yet to vote:

Meloth
    Regine
    Bruno
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-10 at 06:27 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Well strictly if Wighard is presented with two options that the enemy expect us to chose from he would chose a third they probably haven't

But as Regine doesn't think she can climb up even if given a rope anchored at the top, he will have to agree to tunnels

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I dropped to 5 on the ship briefly before the retcon; I think the barrel bomb is the first time today, actually.

I usually notice when I get to 3 or less because I have to take my madness test.
    Well then it would just be Bertelis and Jasmine on 1 as Bruno was magiced

Just be aware we are low on FP right now

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard has his usual "cast light on something" method

He might also consider sending Marsh Lights down there

Marsh Lights
    Casting Number: 6
    Casting Time: Full action
    Ingredient: A firefly (+1)
    Description: You create the appearance of a number of distant lights
    that suggest torches or lanterns. They appear within 100 yards
    (50 squares) of you and can then be sent off in any direction.
    They naturally follow corridors or paths and do not need to be
    controlled or overseen in any way. You can control them more
    closely if desired, but only as long as they remain in line of sight.
    You can’t perform any other actions while controlling the lights.
    The lights travel at various speeds, but never slower than 8 yards (4
    squares) per round or faster than 16 yards (8 squares) per round.

Because that seems an excellent way to draw hostiles

He will also tell Siobhan where they are going

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Also I know the idea of statting out Siobhan was nixed because she is supposed to be mysterious, but, would like to at least partially do so to keep track of what Wighard knows she can do and what he has trained her in

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Also I know the idea of statting out Siobhan was nixed because she is supposed to be mysterious, but, would like to at least partially do so to keep track of what Wighard knows she can do and what he has trained her in
    oki. ill let you stat her out. im not good at statting out npcs