New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Despite her trappings of being a 'master thief' and 'French Catwoman', at the end of the day, Regine is a Bretonnian peasant, so when asked who she thinks should be sacrificed her first instinct is to ask: who is the most different from me?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Despite her trappings of being a 'master thief' and 'French Catwoman', at the end of the day, Regine is a Bretonnian peasant, so when asked who she thinks should be sacrificed her first instinct is to ask: who is the most different from me?
    of course, peasants scoffs go back to fighting and dying in pointless wars, like the irish!

no offense to any irishmen, or to any peasants

fun fact, the reason the irish were drafted was because strong teeth let them tear cartridges to reload muskets

adulterated bread shattered a lot of british teeth, and killed a lot of children. alum is not edible
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-25 at 10:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    time to all chant part of the heart, part of the crypt

any volunteers as to who wants to replace the heart?
    someone on the other side of the world, we'll be back in a jiffy with them, trust us.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    someone on the other side of the world, we'll be back in a jiffy with them, trust us.
    im afraid it doesnt work like that. mr seven foot skeleton is veeeerry insistant

also, mr skellybob is quite a nasty POS to tussle with

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

of course, peasants scoffs go back to fighting and dying in pointless wars, like the irish!

no offense to any irishmen, or to any peasants

fun fact, the reason the irish were drafted was because strong teeth let them tear cartridges to reload muskets

adulterated bread shattered a lot of british teeth, and killed a lot of children. alum is not edible
    That... is not a 'fun' fact!

Hmm. Well, on one hand, I think we can afford to wait for Wilphe a bit in the 'main' fight scene - he mentioned he's travelling. But no major actions have befallen our poor wizard except getting yoinked in, then shortly puked out of, a horrible portrait. I am sure he'll be delighted to give us a vivid glimpse of Wighard's painting hellscape before getting ripped out by the convulsion.

I think he'll go for the Bosch.

As for Bertelis and the Skelly gentleman... Well... I mean, "do my evil bidding and condemn someone to be the beating heart of this wicked engine" was unlikely to provoke any other response...

*Loosens grip on fate point...*
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-26 at 06:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

oki, mr skelly isnt evil, just karmic. more will be explained

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ooooh. So you're going a real Davy Jones direction after all! This is a 'leave your heart here' as a mystical sacrifice, not a 'KALI-MAAAAAA!' moment.

...Hrmm. These are not bad perks. But the supernatural horror of it all the same is somewhat distressing. This... may end up being a job for our good friend Meloth; it might be poetic for him to become lord of the travelling island, after we kill the elf-slaying man in black.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-26 at 07:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Ooooh. So you're going a real Davy Jones direction after all! This is a 'leave your heart here' as a mystical sacrifice, not a 'KALI-MAAAAAA!' moment.

...Hrmm. These are not bad perks. But the supernatural horror of it all the same is somewhat distressing. This... may end up being a job for our good friend Meloth; it might be poetic for him to become lord of the travelling island, after we kill the elf-slaying man in black.
    correct! im glad you caught that!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seems like it's Bertelis's call since he's the one talking to the Mr. Skellington. In the meantime, what's needed to pull the guys off their torture-Peletons?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Seems like it's Bertelis's call since he's the one talking to the Mr. Skellington. In the meantime, what's needed to pull the guys off their torture-Peletons?
    So... Peletons, then.

Bertelis is going to try to negotiate an extension. Seems... rude to just nominate a friend for a mystical cardiectomy without their permission! But for now, I sleep.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

prolly lockpicking or strength, with plenty of issues for failed rolls

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Crap rolls. Hopefully I get rescued before I die in the painting, as I don't think I can keep that Orc off for long.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

lemme roll something

(1d100)[22]

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Crap rolls. Hopefully I get rescued before I die in the painting, as I don't think I can keep that Orc off for long.
    It’s alright - I think you got bounced out when I stabbed the heart!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

It’s alright - I think you got bounced out when I stabbed the heart!
    correctamundo

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

keeper of balances wp check to keep the island together

(1d100)[24]

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(1d100)[39] v.69 dodge Bruno
    (1d100)[91] v.69 pick lock

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

ahem

regine, wighard, you two are up

just giving a little poke
    I am a little bit busy

https://www.boardgamers.org/

Gonna give you an update today hopefully as I have some time to myself

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    I am a little bit busy

https://www.boardgamers.org/

Gonna give you an update today hopefully as I have some time to myself
    ooh, funsies! wish you all the best

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'll also not post a lot during the next weekend. The animal shelter I volunteer has an open day and I'm helping and in the evening both tomorrow and Saturday I have Boardgames or roleplay.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    I'll also not post a lot during the next weekend. The animal shelter I volunteer has an open day and I'm helping and in the evening both tomorrow and Saturday I have Boardgames or roleplay.
    thank you for the update!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Pick Lock; (1d100)[38] vs TN 98
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Common Knowledge (Bretonnia): (1d100)[12] vs TN 87

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

When you say “missing Duke”, bramble, you mean the missing Lord of that area that holds the coast of L’Anguille by the Dragon’s Maw - the one with the very sad story about his son, still a child, ruling in his place and missing his dad?

Or is this… an actually missing duke?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

When you say “missing Duke”, bramble, you mean the missing Lord of that area that holds the coast of L’Anguille by the Dragon’s Maw - the one with the very sad story about his son, still a child, ruling in his place and missing his dad?

whichever makes a cooler story.

lets say this duke is the ruler of mousillon

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Lost lord makes more sense given that the last Duke of Mousillon turned to the Dark Side

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Lost lord makes more sense given that the last Duke of Mousillon turned to the Dark Side
    understood comrade wighard

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah, Mousillon has no official duke to speak of.

… not until Bertelis conquers it.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I know what you're thinking: we hold him ransom until we are paid half a duchys annual GDP.

We're set for life!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I know what you're thinking: we hold him ransom until we are paid half a duchys annual GDP.

We're set for life!
    good luck with that!

i have plans