New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Reposting from my IC post's spoiler. Some of our party is busy with life stuff rn so it's a good time to OOC ask about the heart matter.

You've made it appealing, Bramble; but Bertelis won't be wanting the heart transplant. It's possible someone else might. I suspect Bruno, Jasmine and Regine all prefer their Fellowship and passions intact than the Willpower boost and the fear-counter.

Wighard might go for it, given that WP is valuable to him as a wizard; but honestly the big dealbreaker might remain "give away your heart in supernatural exchange for vague mastery of the tower".

So my feeling is, if no one else wants it, I think NPC Meloth should go for it.

1. Neatly removes Meloth from the party
    2. Meloth is a strange loner anyway
    3. Previous owner is an elf killer, it's poetic justice for an elf to kill him and take his tower
    4. Gives Meloth an act of tragic sacrifice to depart from the story upon; perhaps someday we will return to him.
    5. NPC Meloth could learn the mastery of the island and turn it into a beautiful elven grove on the seas which is sort of cool.

Let us know your thoughts, everyone.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

I think Bertelis is putting too much stock in the offer of a walking talking skeleton that he literally just met. This is how nobles end up broke after heavily investing in NFTs and meme-stocks! Does he want you to sign away your first born as well? (Although, that is one option...) Jasmine, if she were aware of the situation, would advise you to give non-committal answers and then we sail away and never come back after setting fire to as much of the island as possible!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    I think Bertelis is putting too much stock in the offer of a walking talking skeleton that he literally just met. This is how nobles end up broke after heavily investing in NFTs and meme-stocks! Does he want you to sign away your first born as well? (Although, that is one option...) Jasmine, if she were aware of the situation, would advise you to give non-committal answers and then we sail away and never come back after setting fire to as much of the island as possible!
    that is your opinion. what is behind the screen is my purview not yours

smacks halfling fingers with ruler

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    I am taking him a little more seriously than I might in another situation! But I’m playing ball with the GM signals. In a table game we could have a long more convincing conversation but we’re shortcutting a bit to the leap-of-faith part that comes after because PbP disallows normal conversation.

But also sail away is also an option, and not a bad one!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    I am taking him a little more seriously than I might in another situation! But I’m playing ball with the GM signals. In a table game we could have a long more convincing conversation but we’re shortcutting a bit to the leap-of-faith part that comes after because PbP disallows normal conversation.

But also sail away is also an option, and not a bad one!
    hehe

any opposition to me cutting ahead to the major boss battle?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Let’s give Wilphe a chance to respond IC, and the others a chance to consider the heart dealy in the OOC.

With some members travelling and away we should expect slow movement for a week or so.

After that, we have to reunited the team (hopefully the stairs lead right up to the torture chamber) and then we have to figure out if we:

A) donate a heart
    B) don’t donate a heart and rush up the tower to fight ear-taker the cruel
    C) don’t donate a heart and run like hell to the boat and take off

So I appreciate your readiness to move on to more action (oh god Bertelis is so exhausted ;-; ) but I think we have some party stuff to work out. It might take a few posts and a bit of waiting for our travelling members but IC it is unlikely to take very long at all; hopefully we will not overburden the Keeper with the delay.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

understood. i will wait

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

sighs

im getting antsy. someone kindly poke wilphe with a cattle prod?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bloke's traveling isn't he?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Bloke's traveling isn't he?
    oh, yeh. boardgamers innit?

crikey!

also, banana, its your move for kislev

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard will not take the thing offered

He has enough cool stuff and spotlight time

He would look amongst the crew, or those who have been rescued

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Wighard will not take the thing offered

He has enough cool stuff and spotlight time

He would look amongst the crew, or those who have been rescued
    make your post then, im getting antsy

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

I'm tired, I just had a crap experience for dinner and I am not sure how you envisaged this scene going down so I have difficultly working with you here

Bertelis isn't interested

Wighard isn't interested IC or OOC

Regine is too superstitious

Jasmine is that and all torches and pitchforks too, and Wighard regards her as too impulsive for such responsibility

No sign Bruno would be interested either

Also Wighard does not want the island to fail and them have to make their way back south by themselves

All this points to "find an NPC", but in order for that to work he needs to know what they are getting into - informed consent and all that

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

And if the answer is "make something up" that's cool, I just need to know, because you clearly put a lot of thought into this setup and I don't want to contradict

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

I'm tired, I just had a crap experience for dinner and I am not sure how you envisaged this scene going down so I have difficultly working with you here

Bertelis isn't interested

Wighard isn't interested IC or OOC

Regine is too superstitious

Jasmine is that and all torches and pitchforks too, and Wighard regards her as too impulsive for such responsibility

No sign Bruno would be interested either

Also Wighard does not want the island to fail and them have to make their way back south by themselves

All this points to "find an NPC", but in order for that to work he needs to know what they are getting into - informed consent and all that
    ill say meloth will take it. the keeper of balance has looked into his heart.

if there are no objections i will make a post about the heart, and we can move on

also, im sorry about your dinner experience

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect the waitress was new, or had some things going on.

But yeah, I was not very happy

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

keepers wp roll

(1d100)[40]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

elf-ears sorcery roll to bring up a wall of air

(4d10)[9][4][1][7](21)

that will most definitely cut it

any ranged attacks through the wall of air are at -30
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-30 at 07:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Concealment: (d100)[91] vs TN 98

Silent Move: (1d100)[55] vs TN 98
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

fyi, banana concealment up here is a no-go. there is no concealment up here whatsoever

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect the waitress was new, or had some things going on.

But yeah, I was not very happy
    In retrospect I should probably have asked to speak to the manager and then chewed her out for not training her team properly rather than leaving a derisory tip, but there you go

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Are either of these one of the two survivors from when we first stepped inside the castle?

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Are either of these one of the two survivors from when we first stepped inside the castle?
    neither of them are

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    fyi, banana concealment up here is a no-go. there is no concealment up here whatsoever

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I think Meloth is the right choice for the reasons I suggested earlier. Poor guy. But hopefully he can master the tower and make something of it once we scrape these jerks off it.

Okay so… an evil sorcerer and evil warrior both on evil pegasi.

This is an egregious waste of pegasi and I am furious.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    I think Meloth is the right choice for the reasons I suggested earlier. Poor guy. But hopefully he can master the tower and make something of it once we scrape these jerks off it.

Okay so… an evil sorcerer and evil warrior both on evil pegasi.

This is an egregious waste of pegasi and I am furious.
    hehe. prepare for flyby attacks

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Has 4 minutes elapsed since Wighard botched Banishing the painting?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Has 4 minutes elapsed since Wighard botched Banishing the painting?
    yes, but these people have special protections

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I will post soon. It's a busy day at work.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I will post soon. It's a busy day at work.
    thunder rumbles it is acceptable thunder recedes