New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Bah! Great idea Dojango; sadly it looks like they’re getting away. Hmph. Well, maybe some day we’ll get to sink them. Justice for Brambleberry Finn!

As for the present moment, it seems like this is one Wighard and Bruno will ultimately call. Bruno has the captain authority, but Wighard is the only one with the witchery in his blood to know what he is looking at and the risks/rewards of going in or not.

Bertelis has pretty obvious preferences (destroy the evil doers but don’t delay Mousillon) but he doesn’t understand the island’s magic. Nor does he appreciate this might be Wighard’s only chance to become the wizard lord of a magical teleporting island fortress.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Bah! Great idea Dojango;
    Pillage first, then burn damnit

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Nor does he appreciate this might be Wighard’s only chance to become the wizard lord of a magical teleporting island fortress.
    Wighard doesn't care about that

OOC: I do wonder why we bothered to come here if we are not going to see it through

IC: Secret Sarl base in the Maw seems like a problem worth resolving - especially if their might be other kidnap victims there and if this might be why there have been a lot of disappearances even on land

Bertelis' Bitch of Bane might argue that no one has ever found the place twice and lived, but they don't have access to our resources:

We don't have to follow it ourselves, Wighard has asked Kwolf to tag along (and Kwolf has been established very early as able to flip between planes apparently at will even before he was Wighard's familiar). So he doesn't have to worry about being stuck somewhere.

Two, we can scry it again and get another route and that will be more easy if a known party is there

Three, This does explain why the map had a big X in the middle of the Maw (ordinarily that sort of thing is a big no-no because it gives information away if the enemy get hold of it)

And also the variable travel times - they are travelling to different places; some time with the map and the logbook might reveal if there is a pattern...

Four, Maybe we cannot stop it this time, but we can work out how to do so by observing it

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

You’d better be right, wizard…
    Well if I have screwed Meloth out of buying his second attack I'll apologise and retract that, though some players have expressed concern about us levelling too fast.

I am just confused about why we came here if we weren't going to do anything, getting XP feels like we completed a task when I feel we haven't, at best we have chased off the guards

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It's all good, I was just playin'. We definitely came here to investigate the X, hoping to at best find some operation attached to our recurring foes and at worst to find a little loot. We, of course, could not have expected the island to be capable of vanishing! We might take some solace in the idea that we have chased off the island with whatever malicious operations it was responsible for. Though without a clearer picture of what that was, it is somewhat anticlimactic...

OOC: I am keen for adventure, so docking on the mystery island and daring fate's dice is fine enough for me as a player even if Bertelis will be horrified if they end up further away from Mousillon. I'm here for it as a player. When we get XP exactly doesn't bother me, I was just playing up my feigned player outrage.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Well also this seems to be the place that Longrifle was intending to take Deana

That would make it very much our business rather than a diversion and something Bertelis would be interested in doing
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-06-26 at 04:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Well also this seems to be the place that Longrifle was intending to take Deana

That would make it very much our business rather than a diversion and something Bertelis would be interested in doing
    Hey, yeah!

What the hell, Longrifle? I'll show you - I'll take her there myself! :D

But yeah, for sure; Bertelis definately wants us to roll up to the island, take a minute to patch our wounds, and then spend a day combing over the place. But he doesn't know it's currently Schroedinger's Alcatraz, both here and not here. He must rely on his magical frère de sang to make a snap call about that.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Posting tomorrow.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

@wilphe

gimme a command roll at -10 for kwolf, as he has a bad feeling about this

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

if Kwolf doesn't want to go, Wighard won't try to make him

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

if Kwolf doesn't want to go, Wighard won't try to make him
    oki doki

im just letting you know

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

In any case Kwolf isn't just a raven who has been uplifted as a familiar

He works for Morr and has done for a longtime; exactly what he is I have deliberately left obscure, but its quite likely he's natively a more powerful entity.

--This might be because he is doing a Gandalf

--Or he might be doing a Salem

Not that Wighard would ask Siobhan or Schlapp to do that either if they thought it was unsafe

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

If longrifle might be here we should totes land a boarding party to pillage the place.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Bruno might be the captain, but I feel this should be a group decision. So here's what I'm going to do. We vote in the OOC topic and Bruno will give the appropriate command what the majority wants. I think that's the fairest, and I'm not going to make the decision alone.

So please vote either 'to the Island' or 'Withdraw'.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

I think we need more information from Bramble.

Is the Island going or not?

Is the Longboat going or not?

How does Wighard assess the Magic (he did 18 on Magical Sense)?

I do however think that:

capn bruno: It's your call. leave and never find the island again, or go and be transported to gods-knows-where

Is not a fair assessment of our choices, as we have other ways to find it again if we don't follow them, even if Kwolf does not want to go

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

That’s very egalitarian of you. To the Island, I guess. Willing to risk it hoping we find what we need to get back to where we were, and to do whatever good we can on the island.*

*I reserve the right to have Bertelis freak out about the cruel delays of fate.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

the sarl ship is leaving

the island is leaving, and has some sort of powerful magic that allows it to hop, skip or jump to various places.

the magic is black as coal dhar, and is probably some sort of ritual, but you cant be certain without more info

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Does Wighard think we can use the Not-a-Palantir and find it again?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Does Wighard think we can use the Not-a-Palantir and find it again?
    with the way the not-a-palantir struggled last time, you doubt it will be able to find it again

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard votes follow

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

When you mean follow you mean land on the island? Jasmine votes explore the island.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Regine would vote to save her own skin and for the group to return to their senses and get going.

But this is a fantasy game where she's but a puppet on the strings of my tennis shoes, so she's voting to follow.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Looking good for team Heedless Charge right now.

Also I coming down with the flu or something like it so expect my posts to be more nonsensically sporadic than usual.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

We could use your direct affirmation here Volthawk, but based on that post IC that looks like a unanimous vote for Schroedinger’s island with Farothel abstaining?
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-06-27 at 07:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

We could use your direct affirmation here Volthawk, but based on that post IC that looks like a unanimous vote for Schroedinger’s island with Farothel abstaining?
    Oh yeah, sorry. To confirm, yes I'm all for the island fun times.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Thank you my good elf. The call is yours, captain.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm almost of for my weekly kitten therapy (actually volunteering at the local no-cage, no kill shelter), so I'll post something tomorrow.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Just make sure we save game before we go through

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Presuming that the AntiMagicGorget of the Overgrown Amphisbaena dropped off when the "Duel" ended?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Presuming that the AntiMagicGorget of the Overgrown Amphisbaena dropped off when the "Duel" ended?
    you cut it off, but you sense it has left a mark on your soul