New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Hey, well Bruno's attack comes in sequence before Bertelis'; so he scores the first hit, even if it's not bloodless. That's a start!

Bertelis would be cranky at the gang-up on the elf if the opponent hadn't immediately proved themselves honorless dogs by opening with pocketsand.

Bramble, it's time for your trio of honorless dogs to dog us, honorlessly!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Well shoot there goes a massive hit but oh well them's the breaks I guess. Also sucks that Bruno didn't score a hit with his attack but now that we 4 are grouped together it should prove interesting.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

please accept your dm's apologies. am swamped with posts

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

lysanders dodge

(1d100)[97]

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

grots dodge

(1d100)[50]

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

metal stick o' weirdness

(1d100)[54]

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

We accept apologies especially when they supplied in the medium of XP or gold crowns, just so you know!

EDIT: If this chonker dodges on a 50 then we are fighting real hardcases.

Gimgroth is up. That elf swift attacked you! The NERVE of him! But atleast he didn't parry stance.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-11-14 at 12:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    We accept apologies especially when they supplied in the medium of XP or gold crowns, just so you know!

i gave him a bump for you being blinded

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    i gave him a bump for you being blinded
    Hmm...

I did take -20 on the roll to hit, mind you; but this is your perogative. And precedent to set! Perhaps he is particularly experienced fighting people he has blinded, coward that he is.

On the assumption I am permitted to try to dodge having my face set on fire:

vs52 - (1d100)[19]

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...

I did take -20 on the roll to hit, mind you; but this is your perogative. And precedent to set! Perhaps he is particularly experienced fighting people he has blinded, coward that he is.

On the assumption I am permitted to try to dodge having my face set on fire:

[roll0]
    drop the wounds by one for every 2 dos. your still on fire tho

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

drop the wounds by one for every 2 dos. your still on fire tho
    This feller is busted and I'm about to end his whole career.

After Gimgroth and Bruno go, I mean.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I do want to ask a question, though.

If this guy can cover me in black powder without defense, and set me on fire without defense... Am I just hosed here? There's no rules in WFRP2e for extinguishing fire, but borrowing from Dark Heresy and the other d100 games, it's a Full Action and a -20 Agility test that drops you prone just to attempt it (so a 32% chance of success for Bertelis, who has a fairly extrodinary agility of 52).

By contrast, Grot can spend one turn throwing accelerant on me for presumably more damage while I'm still on fire; and even if I succeed on putting the fire out, he can blind me for 1 turn even if I pass the toughness test again then set me on fire again for free the next round. This starts to feel pretty... Doomed.

Is his little firestick limited in some way? Does he have to spend a couple of turns reloading it, or something? I'm trying to figure out if my only option here is to hold out until the lads finish on the conventional opponents and come to the rescue, or if there's a reasonable way to respond against this fellow.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

I do want to ask a question, though.

If this guy can cover me in black powder without defense, and set me on fire without defense... Am I just hosed here? There's no rules in WFRP2e for extinguishing fire, but borrowing from Dark Heresy and the other d100 games, it's a Full Action and a -20 Agility test that drops you prone just to attempt it (so a 32% chance of success for Bertelis, who has a fairly extrodinary agility of 52).

By contrast, Grot can spend one turn throwing accelerant on me for presumably more damage while I'm still on fire; and even if I succeed on putting the fire out, he can blind me for 1 turn even if I pass the toughness test again then set me on fire again for free the next round. This starts to feel pretty... Doomed.

Is his little firestick limited in some way? Does he have to spend a couple of turns reloading it, or something? I'm trying to figure out if my only option here is to hold out until the lads finish on the conventional opponents and come to the rescue, or if there's a reasonable way to respond against this fellow.
    sowwy! i should have thought this out better. im not known for planning my encounters shy grin

im imagining the firestick is like a pepper grinder. wind to produce fire. grot now needs to wind it (full action) to make more poof of fire

you can roll agi to put out fire. no -20 as this isnt magical fire

also, this was more a spray of sparks and the added accelerant

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

That's alright man, we got your back. Let's go forth like that and we'll see how things go. So Bertelis manages to 'dodge' (ie. scrape off most of the burning matter) before it damages him but he is a little bit on fire. On his turn he'll spend his action trying to put it out; Grot will have to decide whether he's going to rewind his sparkmill or try to attack in some way. But Gimgroth and Bruno first I reckon.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry for not having posted anything, RL has just been pretty bad recently.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gimgroth will attempt to dodge the first blow from the elf. DodgeVs67 - (1d100)[85]
    His toughness and leather armor soak the second hit.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

That's a pretty solid hit I'm going to use a FP to reroll that dodge. DodgeVs67 - (1d100)[78]
    Them's the brakes I guess. 8 wounds sustained.

Well the elf dug his grave by not saving a parry.
    The first hit is a fury which was confirmed for 25 damage before soak to the body
    The second hit is a fury confirmed below which does another 22 damage to the right arm
    Third hit does 12 damage to the body.

That's one bloody axe and a butchered elf 59 points of damage before soaking.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

2nd hit fury confirm ConfirmVs82 - (1d100)[23] FuryDamage - (1d10)[6]

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I have the feeling that this elf is an half-elf now. That's two furies, and while he probably still has a dodge, that's only 1 dodge.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I think he pre-rolled the dodge above and got in the 90s.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah. If I'm the elf, I'm tapping out after the first big blow lands. Ain't no laurels in Laurelorn for an elf splattered out here.

EDIT: And I put out the flame before I took fire damage! Hurrah!

Bramble, it's your turn. Right now it looks like...

Lysander takes at least 1 Grimni's Fury from Gimgroth, in the order of 25 damage, which should be enough to critically injure him quite badly if not kill him off the bat. Gimgroth has two more attacks that hit for lots of damage there, so if Lysander doesn't immediately yield, he's certainly killed. Gimgroth is a Judicial Champion, so it makes sense to assume he is sensitive enough to stop his assault if an opponent is yielding... though he may take the opportunity to kill the elf depending on how brutal he is feeling!

Aelfric failed to defend himself against Bruno's blow - a neat slice for 8 wounds to the right arm.

Grot's sparkmill needs cranking to reload this turn, and Bertelis has just successfully put himself out, so he's threatening again.

What a turn of reversal!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-11-14 at 10:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

It's hard to get one-hit kills in WFRP normally you have to roll critical hit rolls right so in case that's needed.
    Critical1 - (1d100)[22] Body 26 damage not sure the Critical Value
    Critical2 - (1d100)[100] Right Arm if required 22 damage not sure the Critical Value
    Critical3 - (1d100)[72] Body if required 12 damage not sure the Critical Value

Gimgroth's back with a bloody display of efficiency in elf dispatching. I think due to dishonorable approach of Glot not using a single hand weapon as implied by the rules Gimgroth will grant no quarter to the elf unless he somehow survives this round of attacks.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

I thought I was going to have plenty of time to post as I had nothing to do but spectate; however I forgot that we had Gimgroth the Cusinart back in the party

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Kwolf be like "I clearly cannot eat the nuts in front of me" but also doesn't think Jasmine is smart enough to be immune to iocaine powder

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

The squishy wizard in the party dodges on 54...

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Sorry for not having posted anything, RL has just been pretty bad recently.
    Ditto, but we are mostly spectators at this point

Gore drenched spectators covered in bits of elf but still spectators

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

lysander will yield after the first fury. i havent been keeping track of wounds and shtuff (silly me) giggles

lets call his arm out of commission for the next few weeks. (am not big on stats)

lemme roll wp for aelfric and grot

(2d100)[28][73](101)

im feeling combat is over. the victor is you guys. im gonna say grot will casually disengage, and spend a fate point to bail over the side and make a daring escape
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-11-14 at 09:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

lysander will yield after the first fury. i havent been keeping track of wounds and shtuff (silly me) giggles

lets call his arm out of commission for the next few weeks. (am not big on stats)

lemme roll wp for aelfric and grot

[roll0]

im feeling combat is over. the victor is you guys. im gonna say grot will casually disengage, and spend a fate point to bail over the side and make a daring escape
    Lysander probably had about, high end, 16 wounds to begin with. So a 25 damage hit, deducting 5 for armor and toughness, is a 4 point crit which is not going to be immediately lethal but it'll let you know right away the next one will be. So he's wise to tap out, at that point.

As for Grot... I mean, he probably doesn't need to spend a fate point. As much as I want him to take a bath, he's here in his roll as a (somewhat whimsical) legal official. He can just surrender. Once the combat is over, he's free to go!

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Lysander probably had about, high end, 16 wounds to begin with. So a 25 damage hit, deducting 5 for armor and toughness, is a 4 point crit which is not going to be immediately lethal but it'll let you know right away the next one will be. So he's wise to tap out, at that point.

As for Grot... I mean, he probably doesn't need to spend a fate point. As much as I want him to take a bath, he's here in his roll as a (somewhat whimsical) legal official. He can just surrender. Once the combat is over, he's free to go!
    agreed. thank you for the help!

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

agreed. thank you for the help!
    No worries. Quick duel's a good duel.

Incidentally, I think we might not have received experience since.. the island, which seems like a million years ago now; but not for the powerhouse fight you guys did while I was out of commission, and so forth. Seeming as we have 'resolved' our impediment in Bordeleaux, it might be time for a little XP booster.

And we can do a little social RP at Gunther's while Kwolf does some bird snoopin'! I'll set it up a bit.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-11-16 at 06:38 AM.