New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Yeah well Khaine was there first, so sucks to be him I guess

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Crowded in there. Full of evil gods and skaven ghosts.

Or possibly revelatory craziness!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

okay, we're going in. @wilphe : tag, you're it.

@Dojango: I've put a roll request for you in the MW Path's of the Damned game.
    Last edited by farothel; 2023-06-28 at 11:51 AM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

It has never been specified how long a Heal check takes, but I presume it is way more than the one turn

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

ill let you roll two heal checks without losing time. after that, the enemy has time to marshal forces, and place traps

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yeah. And the heal check, I think… enhances your “overnight healing” rather than being a quick shot of wounds back, though often it is played that way anyway because it feels natural in an RPG to be able to redress wounds rapidly.

I’ll let you guys figure out the docking stuff. I’ve got to sleep; but I’ll do a tally of the loot we strip from the bodies in the morning. Bramble, I trust if there’s anything beyond their scrubby armor and armaments you will let us know.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

of course i will! im not heartless laughs evilly

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

How badly hurt are people

I think the only PCs with damage are Bertelis and Bruno.

Can I have a rundown of the NPCs please Abdiel?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

rolling to see where in the devil you end up

(1d100)[32]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

So I guess we are not all teleporting instantaneously and simultaneously, but instead we going to have a endure a short fantastic voyage with cheap visual effects?

Last edited by wilphe; 2023-06-28 at 01:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post

Jasmine took some damage from her stupid cheap halfling gun

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Well, looks like we may be changing the order we visit these treasure sites...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Yeah. And the heal check, I think… enhances your “overnight healing” rather than being a quick shot of wounds back, though often it is played that way anyway because it feels natural in an RPG to be able to redress wounds rapidly.
    A successful Heal test restores 1d10 Wounds to a lightly wounded character or 1 Wound to a heavily wounded character. A wounded character can only receive such healing once during or after each encounter (battle, trap, fall, etc.) in which Wounds are lost. The next day, and once each day thereafter, the wounded character can receive the benefits of another Heal Test.

A character can absorb damage up to his Wounds total without penalty. Wounds represent an abstract “buffer level”, and only once this has been destroyed is severe damage incurred.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yes y'can!

Our crew can be assumed to have various small fleshwounds they can bind themselves (abstract problems require abstract solutions), but as far as combat wounds go....

Sailor4 is at 6/11 Wounds.
    Sailor6 is at 8/11 Wounds.
    Master Petrus is at 15/16 Wounds.
    Brambleberry Finn took a boarding hook to the (shoulder?) which was pretty gnarly, so we might estimate him at being heavilly wounded - perhaps 3/10 wounds?

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Jasmine took some damage from her stupid cheap halfling gun
    Dangit, yer antagonisin' me! *Shakes fist* It's a best quality gun, it doesn't explode or misfire! This is operator error only - operator error!

Well, looks like we may be changing the order we visit these treasure sites...
    We are not exploring the mountains of Norsca while (getBertelisFamilyTragedies(All))! If we're lucky, we'll find a way to teleport the island back, or atleast south. If we're not lucky... well, we might have to cross the sea of claws, but depending on where we are, we may not be too terribly far off our original schedule. But we are definately going to have to raid the island for warm clothes, which we must assume they have because... here they are.

A successful Heal test restores 1d10 Wounds to a lightly wounded character or 1 Wound to a heavily wounded character. A wounded character can only receive such healing once during or after each encounter (battle, trap, fall, etc.) in which Wounds are lost. The next day, and once each day thereafter, the wounded character can receive the benefits of another Heal Test.

A character can absorb damage up to his Wounds total without penalty. Wounds represent an abstract “buffer level”, and only once this has been destroyed is severe damage incurred.
    It's weird, right? In one sentence it sounds like you can heal once per battle or encounter; in the next it suggests they can be performed once per day. That's Black Industries/Fantasy Flight, for you - sometimes, 'we just don't proof read'.

Strictly by the rules, you can receive healing tests equal to the number of damaging encounters you have in a day. If your medic rolls poorly and does not heal any or many of your wounds, you need to go outside and run into a tree to take a couple more and provoke a new healing roll that might restore them and more. Since Wighard is the one making all the healing rolls (and taking the psychological trauma from succeeding or failing in them) I would suggest we let Wilphe go with whatever his instinct suggests to him and make that the standard for the present game.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'll get you a loot list, buckos!
    Here y'are. I've made some judicious assumptions, like the possibility that if they have petty treasures and valuable armor, it's on their ship with them and they never brought it with them.

I'm discounting the enemies that fled, lept overboard to be shot, or appeared to have only natural weapons. Only boarders who died on the deck of the Trundheim are considered here, and that number totals 6 + the Dame.

6 * Hand Weapons
    6 * Daggers
    6 * Shields
    6 * Poor quality leather armor (It's norscan, bloody and cleaved). These all have easily accessed values we can chase when we next get to port.

As for the Dame, she escaped back to her ship... but only after spending a Fate Point. I posted as if Bertelis snatched up her Best Quality Axe, but upon reflection that's not fair because @bramble didn't post her dropping it. I think I was just sore that I didn't pull off the 'disarm and decapitate' manoeuvre that was in my head.

@Bramble, your call: did the Dame drop her axe when she fled or not?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Toughness at -10? Brutal.

vs31 - (1d100)[2]. Perhaps if I fail only by a small margin, my Best Leathers will make the difference..? Oof... Well, atleast it follows that when we breach the fort, if we get a moment to warm up, that penalty might go away. We're shivering, not flash-frozen I assume.

EDIT: The cold never bothered me anyway.

Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-06-28 at 05:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(1d100)[24] v. 27

Last edited by dojango; 2023-06-28 at 06:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Toughness: (1d100)[98] TN 34.

Nope.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-28 at 08:21 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Toughness: [roll0] TN 34.

Nope.
    Oh no! The cold bothers her, anyway! :(

This is a pretty harsh hazing. But later Bertelis will accidentally mention the treasure, and that may warm her considerably.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Note by the way, it is currently 11 Summertide/Sommerzeit, we are 143 days into a 400 day year and 23 days away from Summer Solstice.

So we haven't showed up in the middle of winter, in fact we should be in near perpetual daylight

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Unseasonable blizzard I guess. Or, god help us, we’re on the north coast of Norsca.

… or Naggaroth. Wouldn’t that be something?

No bramble it’s too late you already said sea of claws! Don’t you do it!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I am guessing more shock at the sudden temperature change

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    ill let you roll two heal checks without losing time. after that, the enemy has time to marshal forces, and place traps

I shall humbly suggest a heal check on Bruno and Bertelis then. Siobhan and Deanna can look after the NPC's. Render NPC wounds unto NPCs; and PC wounds to PCs. And then we can roll out, I think. I kind of want to take the horses but 1. I want them in the ship to keep it warm for the poor crew and 2. I'm assuming this is an awful rocky little island and I don't want to lost any of our beasts.

Incidentally, I think Bruno's steed was one or two lessons away from being fully trained. Since we did that trip down the river to L'Anguille and then the business there and the 5 day detour, he's probably trained and ready for a name.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

How you gonna train a horse on a ship?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Yes y'can!
    6 * Hand Weapons
    6 * Daggers
    6 * Shields
    6 * Poor quality leather armor (It's norscan, bloody and cleaved). These all have easily accessed values we can chase when we next get to port.
    Well a bunch more people can use shields and already have Daggers and Handweapons

The leather might only be good for repairs

Also we have a few grapnels and ropes

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

How you gonna train a horse on a ship?
    You put the saddle on and sit in the saddle and wait for him to become agitated and then soothe him and you keep doing that until he’s not agitated anymore.

As for the more complex tricks like charge and attack… look it’s all a bit technical; trust the experts with Animal Training.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

It's weird, right? In one sentence it sounds like you can heal once per battle or encounter; in the next it suggests they can be performed once per day. That's Black Industries/Fantasy Flight, for you - sometimes, 'we just don't proof read'.
    These are the same people who put "Keen Senses is a Trait not a Talent" in the same book as a career that has it as a talent...

And I am honestly cool with that, because there are two advanced and one basic career that have it and they are all thematically appropriate

Strictly by the rules, you can receive healing tests equal to the number of damaging encounters you have in a day. If your medic rolls poorly and does not heal any or many of your wounds, you need to go outside and run into a tree to take a couple more and provoke a new healing roll that might restore them and more. Since Wighard is the one making all the healing rolls (and taking the psychological trauma from succeeding or failing in them) I would suggest we let Wilphe go with whatever his instinct suggests to him and make that the standard for the present game.
    I am happy with the above

The main limiting factor from wounds is getting IP from crits, not recovery time

And the main limiting on magical healing is the same that exists for all magic

This is why I don't advocate for the Optional rule in ToS:

Optional Rule: Restricted Healing

Healing spells can diminish the grim and perilous nature of the game if they are overused. A gaming group that has lost its fear of combat because it boasts a priest of Sigmar or Shallya among its number is missing out on the feel of WFRP. The following optional rules provide an alternative for GMs who wish to limit the effectiveness of healing spells in their games. Healing spells only heal 1 Wound to heavily wounded characters, no matter how many Wounds the spell would normally heal. In addition, a heavily wounded character may only gain the benefit from one Healing spell per day, no matter how many are cast upon him.

Firstly because all the above I've said

Secondly because PCs should be allowed to be good at the things they are good at

Thirdly because if you have a Priest of Shallya you are a man down in combat 99.9999% of the time anyway and that seems quite enough to have to deal with
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-06-29 at 07:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alls I know is that’s some mighty fine healing my friend, please and thank you. Going into this island without FP I’m gonna need the wounds.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You put the saddle on and sit in the saddle and wait for him to become agitated and then soothe him and you keep doing that until he’s not agitated anymore.
    All I know is that I tried running with a group of them at a family friends ranch once when I was 8 years old and got a horse-shoe imprinted kick to the stomach that levelled me for the rest of the day.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Note by the way, it is currently 11 Summertide/Sommerzeit, we are 143 days into a 400 day year and 23 days away from Summer Solstice.

So we haven't showed up in the middle of winter, in fact we should be in near perpetual daylight
    We're going to bring back summer!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh yeah, I haven't done my Toughness test yet: (1d100)[87]