New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1211
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Wighard just said Healing Potions.

However if you want a list:

Generic adventurer stuff: Rope, Spikes, Rations, Torches, Waterskins

The generic vampire hunting stuff:

Garlic, Stakes, Hawthorn, Holy Water, Bags of Seeds (Something will work)

He doesn't expect all of that 240gc to go unless you can find a shedload of potions

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Just as a thought, we might want to consider using a sort of quantum inventory a little bit for group stuff like this. That means the ability to produce on the fly, and retroactively purchase, things that don't radically alter the narrative at hand and are reasonable to suggest would have been purchased, and that kind of limitation. Can't pull a grand piano out of your bum when you need it, or turn all your gold into trade goods at an opportune moment, but you might say you bought some wooden stakes when you were going into a vampire's den.

The granular purchasing is part of the 'fun' of wfrp, but it's a little clunkier when you've got six people trying to suggest things to be bought for communal use from a communal pool over PbP which requires shopping detour scenes, etc. Shortcuts are worth considering!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I figure that's a fade to black on Bertelis and Regine. I posed a little post-credit goofball scene just to cap it off.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hah suits me, a tasteful fade-to-black, however amusing Maxine spotting/walking in on everything would've been.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-26 at 08:36 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

I was at least in part operating under similar assumptions

So long as one makes the narrative effort to re-supply

You will notice I long since stopped tracking below full GCs

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

i smell a forbidden romance between an ostler and a squire

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Maxime has yet to learn that the most valuable servant is one who is prepared to tell you "no"

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Maxime has yet to learn that the most valuable servant is one who is prepared to tell you "no"
    aint that the truth

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll give it a teeny bit before making my last post with Regine in the IC for a while. She'll need time to gather herself after seeing Maxime's fury blast her into orbit when she discovers Bertelis and learns how he has disgraced himself.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    I'll give it a teeny bit before making my last post with Regine in the IC for a while. She'll need time to gather herself after seeing Maxime's fury blast her into orbit when she discovers Bertelis and learns how he has disgraced himself.
    Haha, well I had planned Maxime not to figure it out because of Odmar’s sacrifice; but if you want to write ‘him’ figuring that out and giving Regine a jealous little tirade, you can do that!

Maxime’s got the heart of a warrior but she has the flaw I imagine many secret-girl-knights have: she is used to getting her own way. Even the ancient traditions of their country bend to accomodate her desire. She will need a few crushing disappointments before she discovers some humility buried beneath sedimentary layers of brat.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Haha, well I had planned Maxime not to figure it out because of Odmar’s sacrifice; but if you want to write ‘him’ figuring that out and giving Regine a jealous little tirade, you can do that!

Maxime’s got the heart of a warrior but she has the flaw I imagine many secret-girl-knights have: she is used to getting her own way. Even the ancient traditions of their country bend to accomodate her desire. She will need a few crushing disappointments before she discovers some humility buried beneath sedimentary layers of brat.
    I mistyped my prior message, I had meant that Maxime would find out about Bert by walking in on him sleeping. He is unclothed, the scent of perfume in the air, cognac on his breath and the little yellow rose scrunchie Regine left. Fury builds. Countdown to ignition...

If Maxime wants to go and give Regine and earful that'd be quite funny. The thief is semi-tipsy, having completed her "to do" list and feeling good about herself, I dunno how she'd take having a girl that looks like angry boy coming and giving her the third degree, but you could probably imagine the choice words with which she would reply lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-27 at 12:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Noted, haha. Well, if it's all the same to you, we might have whatever maxime discovers remain ambiguous for now and I'll save it for her character development later. I don't want to pack any more silly melodrama than necessary into your very dark exit arc. :D

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Pardon for disappearing. Been busy and there was a lot of Bert-gine or Reg-elis action going on to read through. Coupled with ongoing site issues and still not having time at work to recover Gimgroth fully. I'm still here but lurking at the moment. I'm going to try to recreate Beatrice and my Gimgroth character post today.

*EDIT*
    I make this post and the work goes crazy. Hopefully tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Pardon for disappearing. Been busy and there was a lot of Bert-gine or Reg-elis action going on to read through. Coupled with ongoing site issues and still not having time at work to recover Gimgroth fully. I'm still here but lurking at the moment. I'm going to try to recreate Beatrice and my Gimgroth character post today.

*EDIT*
    I make this post and the work goes crazy. Hopefully tomorrow.
    no worries fren. we'll wait for you

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    no worries fren. we'll wait for you
    Seconded. A lurky dorf is better than no dorf at all!

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And Regine exit stage left. For now at least. For an IC explanation, she's tried to control her own fate but she's too far along in her transformation for the fall to kill her. So she'll impact the ground hard, be unconscious, some folks will see, but she'll be whisked away by a member of her new "family" who'll take her off to their hidden castle where Regine'll wake up a little paler.

Apologies all for posting these big, self-indulgent posts, but it didn't seem a minor matter.

She's going to head off to a new thread and go on a mini-solo quest, then bungie-jump into the group in Mousillon a bit later to help with the Red Knight and Nurgle Lord, and hopefully won't be attacked lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-27 at 09:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

sorry for my absence. i been getting hit with on and off depression

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Allg mate, I thought I'd scared everyone off with my last depressing post lol.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

berty, this is the song the yodeling beastman is playing in your dream. Hes in the first minecart, and you're in the second one, and there is an avalanche following

yes hoodwinked is one of my guilty pleasure movies

Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-03-30 at 02:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

Just as a thought, we might want to consider using a sort of quantum inventory a little bit for group stuff like this. That means the ability to produce on the fly, and retroactively purchase, things that don't radically alter the narrative at hand and are reasonable to suggest would have been purchased, and that kind of limitation. Can't pull a grand piano out of your bum when you need it, or turn all your gold into trade goods at an opportune moment, but you might say you bought some wooden stakes when you were going into a vampire's den.

The granular purchasing is part of the 'fun' of wfrp, but it's a little clunkier when you've got six people trying to suggest things to be bought for communal use from a communal pool over PbP which requires shopping detour scenes, etc. Shortcuts are worth considering!
    i approve of this

also, is it my job to tell the pcs when the quantum inventory is done?

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I think it's more like, if someone falls down a hole, we can say say "well let's get them our with the rope we definately purchased" and then write off the shillings for a length of rope. You don't need to worry about that at all, we can handle it. But if it doesn't fit the scene as you imagine it and it seems unlikely, you can chime in for certain. And if we're ever uncertain we'll ask you if you think it's reasonable. You might call for a quick OOC knowledge roll to justify something on the borderline, like cold weather clothing when it's only the beginning of the cool season or something. It should result in less paperwork for all involved.

Also poor Bertelis. He's just going to write that dream off as nonsense because.. I'm sure he's getting an insanity point later on, in Mousillon. Song is a banger, though.

Bertelis is all done for now. Just before we leave I'll post a scene of him looking for Regine, finding the bloodstain and broken cognac bottle, and learning from some nearby folks that she is 'dead'. But I think we're just about ready to tick over the final night on this side of the Grismerie.

Once Wighard and Gimgroth are done with Marius, and Jasmine and Bruno are done filling out quantum sack with nebulous supplies.

You might consider, @Bramble, answering whether or not our shoppers are able to find any gunpower at all. Aspirations have ranged from 'a cart load' to reloads for pistols. I have my own stuffy, entrenched feelings about how much powder might be available, but it ain't my story to tell! :D
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2024-03-30 at 06:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bertelis is all done for now. Just before we leave I'll post a scene of him looking for Regine, finding the bloodstain and broken cognac bottle, and learning from some nearby folks that she is 'dead'. But I think we're just about ready to tick over the final night on this side of the Grismerie.

She also left a letter in her room explaining everything and what she was going to do (take control of her fate by jumping off a building), bidding all farewell.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bananaphone View Post
    she also left a letter in her room explaining everything and what she was going to do (take control of her fate by jumping off a building), bidding all farewell.
    cool what a fun game ;_;

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

cool what a fun game ;_;
    Don't worry, he'll see her again. Sooner than he thinks.

Complete with her Evil Makeover into Dark Action Girl.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-04-01 at 11:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

How many healing potions can we get and how much do they cost?
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

im feeling the healing salves are cheaper than normal. You can restock full meds for cheap (ill call it three good fights or a long knock-down drag-out one.)

if you wanna stock up potions, itll take a good chunk of inventory (call it 1/3). a bad run of glass bottles has driven up prices

if you wanna get lucky charms, the verenans will provide one to those who dont have one free

now weird shtuff (you can get one of these without overtaxing your purchasing power)

youd find a weird fist sized rock, and a small leather glove in a peddlers shop. the man is mad as a snake, but he says the rock comes back to the glove when thrown. Hes surprising good at haggling, making this an expensive purchase

there are also three inky black marbles that seem to hop on occasion

there is also a large brass tuba with inscriptions around the mouth of the tuba

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

As the Tuba is a 19th Century invention suggest we have a Cornett or Serpent instead:

Last edited by wilphe; 2024-04-03 at 04:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    As the Tuba is a 19th Century invention suggest we have a Cornett or Serpent instead:

approved. what would i do without my knowledgeable peeps?

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

If Bruno wants to get Wighard to do an appraisal he can

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I have evaluate and dealmaker, so I should be okay that way. And while I don't have haggle, it's a basic skill and I still have 43 on that test, so I should be okay I think. And when we have bought stuff, we will have it checked out by Wighard and if needed, go back for a 'little chat' with the proprietor.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."