New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Silent move: (1d100)[7] vs TN 98

Concealment: (1d100)[64] vs TN 98

Perception: (1d100)[36] vs 67 TN
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Huh. Look at that.

Well... -10% to all of those because of you mild Hypothermia, but you still succeed at all of them. Dang. Well, Bramble - there you go. Out sneaker gets sneaking, while the rest of us pause, axes in hand, and give her a chance.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

lemme just roll some dice

(4d100)[6][30][74][41](151)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Given that a castle door is going to be heavy, reinforced with iron and backed with a portcullis, and then probably another door, Wighard is not to hand over his axe to get ruined

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    Given that a castle door is going to be heavy, reinforced with iron and backed with a portcullis, and then probably another door, Wighard is not to hand over his axe to get ruined
    perfectly acceptable answer mr wizard

you see the same thing that regine sees but from a higher vantage point
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-02 at 12:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Regine will look around for the opening mechanism within the gatehouse. She'll also quietly move into it so she's no longer "out in the cold" >_>.

Silent Move: (1d100)[72] vs TN 98

Concealment: (1d100)[75] vs TN 98

Perception: (1d100)[43] vs TN 67

When she finds the locking mechanism she is going to 'pick' it and unlock it and pull the lever to open the gate: (1d100)[5] vs TN 98
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Regine will look around for the opening mechanism within the gatehouse. She'll also quietly move into it so she's no longer "out in the cold" >_>.

Silent Move: [roll0] vs TN 98

Concealment: [roll1] vs TN 98

Perception: [roll2] vs TN 67

When she finds the locking mechanism she is going to 'pick' it and unlock it and pull the lever to open the gate: [roll3] vs TN 98
    alright, so your golden, just for one little teensy issue. there is no lock and there is no lever, more like a giant length of chain you have to pull to open the gate

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

How long is that chain..? And is it possible to feed it out an arrow slot so someone else can climb up and grab it and pull it? I’m assuming it’s part of a mechanism, not just attached to the back of the gate door.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    How long is that chain..? And is it possible to feed it out an arrow slot so someone else can climb up and grab it and pull it? I’m assuming it’s part of a mechanism, not just attached to the back of the gate door.
    ill say its possible to do so, but quite likely to attract adverse attention

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, unless Regine finds a another option, that might be our ticket.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Also, re; the cold weather rolls… are you happy with cloaks? I hen we end up climbing the mountains looking for treasure I figure we’re going to need special good quality gear or something, but is a normal cloak or coat sufficient here?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Also, re; the cold weather rolls… are you happy with cloaks? I hen we end up climbing the mountains looking for treasure I figure we’re going to need special good quality gear or something, but is a normal cloak or coat sufficient here?
    yes, for now

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    ill say its possible to do so, but quite likely to attract adverse attention
    She will do so stealthily.

Concealment: (1d100)[32] vs TN 98

She'll also look around in the gatehouse for a coat or anything she can wear: (1d100)[65] vs TN 67

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

yes, for now

… well I don’t have one of those either. I have my best leathers, but that’s best because it’s lighter. Not necessarily more insulated.

vs31 - (1d100)[77] the harshness of those -10s…

It’s official, the cold has begun to bother me.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-02 at 01:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling vindicated in decision to buy BQ Uniform Overcoat

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Just a broad int roll to see how quickly if at all Bertelis cottons on to what that chain is for, poking out the slot we obviously can’t climb through! vs51 - (1d100)[42]. He may get there, but it’ll take him a beat!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-02 at 03:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Does all the padding one has to wear underneath full plate count as a coat (as well as the layers of padding-leather-chain-plate)?
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Does all the padding one has to wear underneath full plate count as a coat (as well as the layers of padding-leather-chain-plate)?
    not with this temperature, and with the fight before making you all hot and sweaty

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

not with this temperature, and with the fight before making you all hot and sweaty
    ok, then I'm wearing a coat over the plate, no problem.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground

Had a busy weekend, catching up now.

To confirm, those of us still on the ground can't see anyone yet, right, just the tower and the disembodied voice taunting us?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Believe that is the case

Regine climbed up, disappeared and now there is a golden chain being let down from the gatehouse

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

alrighty, we need some way to spice this up, so regine im sorry

channeling

(1d100)[16]

(4d10)[6][10][10][2](28)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

backlash

(1d100)[17]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

fyi, regine, im gonna say your suprised, so that means its +30 to hit, and no dodge

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Can I dodge that ghostly hand (or does my helmet protect)? And can I react to it?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Can I dodge that ghostly hand (or does my helmet protect)? And can I react to it?
    no and no, but you can react to it

(1d5)[1]

thats one wound unreducible
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-02 at 03:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, hopefully a bit of the old magical healing from Wighard will prevent that from being a massively disfiguring scar. Though you might want to keep a little of it. We can be disfiguring scar bros.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Would Wipards attempt to "climb" the chain in fact open the gate, as the chain was fed down there to pull the gate open?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Would Wipards attempt to "climb" the chain in fact open the gate, as the chain was fed down there to pull the gate open?
    We must hope so! But first, how close to the ground does that chain get, after it’s fed through? Is it within reach easily enough, or does it require a small climb to reach it?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

We must hope so! But first, how close to the ground does that chain get, after it’s fed through? Is it within reach easily enough, or does it require a small climb to reach it?
    It’s a small climb