New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Did she find a coat or a blanket or some sort to throw around her shoulders, having passed her perception check?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Did she find a coat or a blanket or some sort to throw around her shoulders, having passed her perception check?
    yes, but its not a very good one

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Any will do.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Regine Parry save: (1d100)[20] vs TN 56

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah, Willpower test: (1d100)[36] vs TN 53

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Regine is:

- Using an action to feed enough chain down that the group doesn't have to 'jump' or 'climb' to get it, they can grab it and then pull it down to open the gate.

- Using her move action to then move away from the monster-man and putting barriers between herself and him, ensuring he'll only get 1 attack on her.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Regine is:

- Using an action to feed enough chain down that the group doesn't have to 'jump' or 'climb' to get it, they can grab it and then pull it down to open the gate.

- Using her move action to then move away from the monster-man and putting barriers between herself and him, ensuring he'll only get 1 attack on her.
    very smart!

mutters a prayer for good dice luck to tzeentch

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    very smart!

mutters a prayer for good dice luck to tzeentch
    Heck, if there's enough chain to do so, then for sure. I was imagining the chain length was just plain not that long! But if it does go that far, that'll work just fine... we just need to glean that the chain is for opening the gate, which seems like the kind of thing one of our smarties should discover rather than Bertelis! Regine yells instructions, but I think we're still in the dome of incomprehensibility? She might need to stick a hand out the window and make a handsign which Bertelis will take as extremely rude but Meloth will recognize is a secret theif sigh for "pull this", usually reserved for signalling one's comrades to hoist a stolen piece of art up through a hole in the roof, or something.

Also... not to be the parry cops... but for Regine to have a parry, she'd need to have two weapons out; or one and taking a parry stance. But on the other hand, maybe the goon pausing to threaten and sound the alarm should give her enough time to not be utterly defenseless, and that 20 would have passed even a penalized dodge check.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-03 at 12:45 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Heck, if there's enough chain to do so, then for sure. I was imagining the chain length was just plain not that long! But if it does go that far, that'll work just fine... we just need to glean that the chain is for opening the gate, which seems like the kind of thing one of our smarties should discover rather than Bertelis!

Also... not to be the parry cops... but for Regine to have a parry, she'd need to have two weapons out; or one and taking a parry stance. But on the other hand, maybe the goon pausing to threaten and sound the alarm should give her enough time to not be utterly defenseless, and that 20 would have passed even a penalized dodge check.
    thank you for the heads up.

if regine doesnt have dodge, im gonna hafta call the weapon attack a hit

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    thank you for the heads up.

if regine doesnt have dodge, im gonna hafta call the weapon attack a hit

If it moved up to the door, saw Regine inside the gate house fiddling with the opening mechanism, then did its little shield bash then, then moved in close enough to attack her, then attacked her, that's about 2 rounds worth of actions. So it's first round (moving up, seeing her, doing its shield bash) is the surprise round, followed by normal round (move into the gatehouse and attack her) is the second round.

Would this mean it comes down to an initiative roll?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

If it moved up to the door, saw Regine inside the gate house fiddling with the opening mechanism, then did its little shield bash then, then moved in close enough to attack her, then attacked her, that's about 2 rounds worth of actions. So it's first round (moving up, seeing her, doing its shield bash) is the surprise round, followed by normal round (move into the gatehouse and attack her) is the second round.

Would this mean it comes down to an initiative roll?
    lets just roll a d10 to decide who goes first. not a big fan of initiative

(1d10)[3]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But Regine has like +7 agility, she loves initiative rolls hah.

(1D10)[9]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

But Regine has like +7 agility, she loves initiative rolls hah.

[roll0]
    your up first blasphemer. make it count!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In that case she would've drawn her weapons to be able to make that Parry and not get a sword through the guts.

Next she'll move back and put obstacles between herself and Monster Man so he can't charge, and has to spend his move action, so he can't Swift Attacks her.

I forgot about the inability to speak properly with each other, she'll have to see what Monster Man does next round. However, as the chain is protruding out of an arrow slit rather than an actual window, hopefully it's a good indication she at least wants them to pull it, given that they couldn't climb up and fit through a slit lol.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

In that case she would've drawn her weapons to be able to make that Parry and not get a sword through the guts.

Next she'll move back and put obstacles between herself and Monster Man so he can't charge, and has to spend his move action, so he can't Swift Attacks her.

I forgot about the inability to speak properly with each other, she'll have to see what Monster Man does next round. However, as the chain is protruding out of an arrow slit rather than an actual window, hopefully it's a good indication she at least wants them to pull it, given that they couldn't climb up and fit through a slit lol.
    you forget about the gimgroth maneuver. spend a fp to half move into melee range, and then swift attack

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well...she'll just have to take her chances on that lol. Getting that gate open for the group to get in is Task #1. She's done her role there now the guys down there need to get tugging on that chain.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-03 at 01:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Well...she'll just have to take her chances on that lol. Getting that gate open for the group to get in is Task #1. She's done her role there now the guys down there need to get tugging on that chain.
    also, i get a free attack on you cause you didnt disengage

(1d100)[49]

(1d10+4)[10]

hit
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-03 at 01:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Dodge roll: (1d100)[55] vs TN 78

Her Second Round she'll scamper out of the way, putting distance between herself and Headless in the gatehouse, i.e Disengage.

She's waiting to see that chain go taunt and the tugging to commence to open the gate.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Dodge roll: [roll0] vs TN 78

Her Second Round she'll scamper out of the way, putting distance between herself and Headless in the gatehouse, i.e Disengage.

She's waiting to see that chain go taunt and the tugging to commence to open the gate.
    i dont think you can dodge a free attack, but ill wait for my resident wfrp 2e expert to show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

No reason you can’t! Your can make one dodge (if you are trained) and one parry a round (if you have the right combination of weapons or a weapon and took parrying stance). Dodging that free attack is a good idea; it just means she has no dodge available until the start of her next turn.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis, BTW, is stronkest at 50 str. Does the chill -10 factor into the roll? Or is that only for accuracy stuff - WS, BS, Agi?

-10 difficulty factored into the following roll
    Also modify:
    - 10 for chilly willy syndrome if necessary
    + 10 for anyone else who wants to grab the rope

vs40stronk - (1d100)[68]

If Wighard, Jasmine and Meloth jump in to help, we’ll succeed. Bruno is otherwise tormented for the moment. Poor bugger. First the neiglish rot, now this.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-03 at 03:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    No reason you can’t! Your can make one dodge (if you are trained) and one parry a round (if you have the right combination of weapons or a weapon and took parrying stance). Dodging that free attack is a good idea; it just means she has no dodge available until the start of her next turn.
    Huzzah, she lives to fight another day. Or dance and flip away from danger, as it were.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard will of course be helping

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Check in, Dojango and Volthawk! Not that we can ask much except joining the pulling effort, but I’m trying to be more aware of piling up posts and leaving people bewildered and behind!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yup, Meloth will help for another +10.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Bertelis might be strongest, but if it's just hanging off a chain, Bruno is probably the heaviest with his full plate. That should count for something I would say.
    Last edited by farothel; 2023-07-03 at 11:05 AM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine is very strong for a halfling, it's in her stats. She'll help out.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

@mrabdiel is strike to stun able to be dodged or parried?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Yep. And it does no damage.

Step 1: Hit with an attack (defenses as normal)
    Step 2: Strength Test for the attacker. If success,
    Step 3: Toughnest Test for the Defender, with a +10% for all armor points they have to the head.

It’s a long shot but the outcome is pretty dire: the target is stunned for d10 rounds, which more often than not is an entire combat they are zonked out for and unable to defend themselves. Thus, how hard it is to pull off.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

lemme roll le strength test

(1d100)[34]

well if for some miracle she botches her defense, im golden
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-07-03 at 03:40 PM.