New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Manga Shoggoth's pre holiday Random Banter Thread #246

A thing I see around the internet every so often is a screencap of a Twitter conversation where one guy relates how as a kid he was in the gifted program and thus allowed to go to the library more often so he'd take reading tests on behalf of kdis who were slow readers so they'd get to go on the trip to Chuck E Cheese's the kids who passed the tests got to go to, how he got caught, got banned from the trip, but didn't care becuase he helped out his friends...

And a reply from a Twitter account called Chuck E Cheese Official approving of the guy's heroism and how they'd take care of the people who banned him from the trip...

And I'm just imagining some retired teacher getting woken up by a knock on the door at two AM and they open it and it's just a guy in a Chuck E Cheese costume tapping a baseball bat against their open palm.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1472

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    A thing I see around the internet every so often is a screencap of a Twitter conversation where one guy relates how as a kid he was in the gifted program and thus allowed to go to the library more often so he'd take reading tests on behalf of kdis who were slow readers so they'd get to go on the trip to Chuck E Cheese's the kids who passed the tests got to go to, how he got caught, got banned from the trip, but didn't care becuase he helped out his friends...

And a reply from a Twitter account called Chuck E Cheese Official approving of the guy's heroism and how they'd take care of the people who banned him from the trip...

And I'm just imagining some retired teacher getting woken up by a knock on the door at two AM and they open it and it's just a guy in a Chuck E Cheese costume tapping a baseball bat against their open palm.
    Charles Entertainment Cheese rolling up on your door step with a baseball bat and a cadre of his droogs coming by to tell you just exactly why they're called a family restaurant is an incredible mental image thank you.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

I thought y'all might be interested in the fanciest-looking fast-food establishment ever.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

4. - Top - End - #1474

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I thought y'all might be interested in the fanciest-looking fast-food establishment ever.
    The building became a McDonalds... the year after it was declared a historic landmark?

...Okay, how the **** is France more ass-backward on a topic like this than Murica? We don't do that kind of crap here, we'd have made it a museum.

Granted, there'd probably be a McDonald's right across the street that's co-owned by the historical sight but still. The site itself would be untouched.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

The building became a McDonalds... the year after it was declared a historic landmark?

...Okay, how the **** is France more ass-backward on a topic like this than Murica? We don't do that kind of crap here, we'd have made it a museum.

Granted, there'd probably be a McDonald's right across the street that's co-owned by the historical sight but still. The site itself would be untouched.
    To be fair, if Paris made every historic house a museum, the city would probably be like 90 percent museum.

That said, a building with the "legendary king of beer" on it really should be a pub or something like that.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, it's only 131 years old and at the time it was classified, it was only 105 years old. If we went around making all buildings over a century old museums, we'd run out of museums before leaving Paris.

Edit: ninja'd. It's been a while since that happened to me.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2023-09-28 at 06:50 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I mean, it's only 131 years old and at the time it was classified, it was only 105 years old. If we went around making all buildings over a century old museums, we'd run out of museums before leaving Paris.

Edit: ninja'd. It's been a while since that happened to me.
    Yes, but America thinks a century makes something historic. They'll probably be declaring films an ancient art form that was created in the beforetimes by the end of the decade.

ETA: page 50, is anybody eligible for the next thread?
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2023-09-28 at 07:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

It's rare that you're more optimistic than i am, but certainly nice to see when it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Yes, but America thinks a century makes something historic.
    Imean, for us, it is. You have to think of it contextually. Like how England had an empire spanning a significant stretch of the globe but still thinks a mile is a long distance.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Imean, for us, it is. You have to think of it contextually. Like how England had an empire spanning a significant stretch of the globe but still thinks a mile is a long distance.
    You only think that because Americans drive for anything over ten metres!

Also 'had'? It's still daytime in the British Empire.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Yes, but America thinks a century makes something historic. They'll probably be declaring films an ancient art form that was created in the beforetimes by the end of the decade.

ETA: page 50, is anybody eligible for the next thread?
    Done!

New thread is here.
    Forum Wisdom