New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Anauroch: Empire of Shade OOC

It's only been a week since his last post here. Sometimes RL gets messy - let's give him some time and space.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

I've been through much of what he's going through, and understand all too well how that feels.

Certainly willing to give him as much time as he needs, but sometimes it helps to know your players are still interested.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am very sorry for my absence, everyone. I have had a busy week, as you have suggested. I have had something different on every night and haven't had a chance to get online.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Glad to see you're back.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Posted for Eryn, speaking to the Coronal.

Now that Eryn has made contact with the Coronal and advised her of Elminster's concerns, she will be eager to be away to Windsong Tower as soon as we're able.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Looks like Eryn said all the important stuff, so Aubryn will simply smile and nod along.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glad to see things picking up a bit here. Went ahead and posted Ixtalan's adventures in the city as well. DM can feel free to add color there as desired along the way.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry again for that. I will try to maintain a posting rate of every second day or so.

By the way, we seem to be down to three players. Do you want to continue as is, or try to re-recruit a couple more from those who already applied the first time around?
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-08-28 at 06:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great to hear, and that posting cadence sounds good. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this more with that in mind.

As for players, it looks like we could use a heavy melee and a light skirmisher if we've lost the monk and the barbarian. I'd be in favor of pulling in alternates for those roles. It also seems like an opportune time story-wise, before the adventure area proper ahead.
    Last edited by Nines; 2023-08-28 at 07:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Sorry again for that. I will try to maintain a posting rate of every second day or so.

By the way, we seem to be down to three players. Do you want to continue as is, or try to re-recruit a couple more from those who already applied the first time around?
    I'd suggest re-recruiting. Three PCs is probably too low a number and I concur with Nines that it would be good to have at least one more frontliner. Since we're playing a published module, I assume traps will also be a thing, so having someone aboard who can find and deal with them would be nice.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I would suggest reaching out to Goby before we open re-recruiting.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ixtalan has doors, locks, and traps well covered (in keeping with his Macgyver and espionage roles), so no worries there. I'd definitely want a non-trapper to avoid the role duplication, as it's a core part of his character identity.

In a fight though, Ixtalan isn't much for direct damage as a controller, and with having a defender and healer, it seems applied force is our weakest area at the moment. But luckily, that's usually the easiest thing to recruit for.
    Last edited by Nines; 2023-08-28 at 10:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I just sent Goby a PM to see if they are still interested. I will wait a day for a response, then will re-recruit for a frontline warrior and a utility character.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I waited a few days for Goby, but haven't heard from them. I will repost the recruitment thread. I gave them longer than expected because I have started a course and have been busy the last couple of nights. I am clear for the next week or two though now.

EDIT: Also, I have had to retcon the meeting place. I justw ent back and realised I gave the party members two different temples to meet at for the portals. I will say that you both met at the Temple of Mystra, only since Nines has a Mystran artifact and has started discussions with the guards. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-08-31 at 11:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Went ahead and posted Ixtalan's negotiations with the Mystran high priestess. Once we have her permission, then we can look to locate our new party members.
    Last edited by Nines; 2023-09-03 at 07:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I will wait another day or so to see if anyone else wants to chime in before I post.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

I've been waiting until we get the replacements settled. Haven't had much opportunity for posting the past few days. I can post something brief a little later if that would help the DM and the flow of things.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I don't think Aubryn has anything to add here. As far as he's concerned, he and Eryn have already secured permission to travel to and via the portal, so as long as the priestess doesn't start protesting, he's happy to let Ixtalan explain matters again.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hi guys. Sorry I have been quiet, but my life situation has changed a fair bit in the last week. I am doing a study course that has heated up and is taking my nights, and my aged care client has gone into respite and I am now spending all of my days with him at the nursing home to keep him company while his guardian is overseas. This means I will be unable to have enough time to run any games for about the next month or so. I should be able to resume after that, so if you don't mind waiting then keep your characters and I will try to resume when my life goes back to normal. I am very sorry I am not able to continue running the game at this stage. I am able to play in the couple of games I am in because I can post for those while I am waiting to be allowed in to see my client, but I don't have time to be able to access my books when I am at home.

So I unfortunately, long story short, have to put the game on hiatus for three to four weeks. I will understand anyone who doesn't want to stick around, but if you do the game will resume soon.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

No worries on my end if you need to put the game on hiatus - I’ll still be around. Drop me a line when you’re ready to continue.

Probably a good idea to share this info in the recruiting thread as well if you haven’t already.

Good luck with the course and work!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks for being understanding. Good idea on the recruitment thread. I will drop a message there too.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the update, I understand all too well how that can be. I'll be waiting, hope you can follow up when you're able.

Is "respite" the same as hospice here in the US?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not too worried either, four weeks comes and goes pretty fast, all things considered.

Put the time and mental energy into the coursework, as I know it can be demanding (especially if it's also writing heavy). There's an implicit capacity limit on creative output and mental heavy-lifting, and sometimes you have to reallocate it. I can certainly understand that.

I'll set a reminder to check back in around then.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am not sure if it is the same as hospice. He is basically being put into a secure dementia unit of a retirement village for a while while his guardian is overseas. He might be going permanently into the unit though, depending if he likes it. My job is social support for him.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, that's something different. Not sure if we have a direct analogue.

Regardless, hope things go as well as they can. I'll be here looking forward to your return.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I am in a position where I am able to reactivate the game. Who is still with us? Recruitment for the replacement players is ongoing, and once I know who is still with us and who is missing, we will continue.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Still here and happy to continue.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welcome back, and glad to see. Definitely still interested in continuing as well.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Things are rough with me right now, but will try to continue as I'm able.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

SOrry I have taken so long to get kickstarted again. I have been waiting on an applicant to finish, and got stalled. I will pick the new players in the next half hour or so, then will get an IC post up. Thanks for bearing with me.

I hope things improve for you Palanan. Join in whenever you are ready.