Default Re: Anauroch: Empire of Shade OOC

Reflex save (1d20+17)[18] versus DC 22.
    *incl. +1 vs spells

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Reflex save: (1D20+11)[16] vs DC 22.

Ooof, Faora takes 42 damage (after reduction from disbelieving).
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-12-13 at 07:13 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    You can just act. Now that he has acted, the whole party can act before we return to the top of the order.

The damage is Acid, and the Reflex save DC is 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Standard action to cast haste on everyone, except Darcassan, I get 9 people, that should include all of Darla's pets.
    Hasted for 9 rounds, don't forget the +1 to Reflex saves, that may be important here.
    Darla and animals appreciate that

allies within 30ft of darla will also benefit from Fast Healing 3, which stacks if you already have it.

@paradox 26
    Where Kodo and Podo were in their sack, do they take the damage / save ? cuz if they do Podo is gona need healed next round or he may die.. (LOL)
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-15 at 08:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@paradox26

Are we going to be rolling individual initiative at all? The answer will affect Aubryn's actions.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @paradox26

Are we going to be rolling individual initiative at all? The answer will affect Aubryn's actions.
    Paradox did say that we can just act and the big bad wizard will act after all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Yes, but if individual initiative is going to be important I still want to know that, since that will decide whether Aubryn's going to cast a spell to boost his initiative or not.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Darla and animals appreciate that

allies within 30ft of darla will also benefit from Fast Healing 3, which stacks if you already have it.

@paradox 26
    Where Kodo and Podo were in their sack, do they take the damage / save ? cuz if they do Podo is gona need healed next round or he may die.. (LOL)
    No, creatures in the bag would be safe, as the cloud wouldn't be able to get into the bag.
    @paradox26

I was going to just go with group initiative, but since it affects your actions, Can I please get everyone to post their individual initiatives.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Rolling initiative:

Faora: (1D20+7)[25]
    Cuddles: (1D20+1)[2]

Will wait for others until posting action.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-12-16 at 06:33 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I was going to just go with group initiative, but since it affects your actions, Can I please get everyone to post their individual initiatives.
    If group initiaitve is easier for you going forward, I'm fine with that.

However, I specifically picked Nerveskitter as a spell on the assumption that I'd need to boost Aubryn's initiative in combat, which would appear unnecessary if we're doing group initiative. So if you decide to go with group initiative after this encounter, then I'd like to request being allowed to trade Nerveskitter for another spell. (It also frees up Aubryn's first immediate action for something else than spellcasting )

Initiative incl. Nerveskitter spell (1d20+9)[23]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolls for post #131:

(1d100)[96] miss chance (incorporeal).

Other rolls:

forgot Allan (raven)'s save: Ref (1d20+16)[30] vs DC 22.
    Allan's (1d100)[62] miss chance (incorporeal).

Initiative for 2nd round (1d20+9)[25]

In the interest of fairness, rolling a 1 on a reflex save would normally damage an item. My armor would have been affected, but it's immune to acid (blueshine), and I'm shocked that the trait was actually relevant.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ixtalan will delay his action for now, as he was just advocating for nonviolence when he was attacked. He's still trying to be the ambassador.

He's hoping the melee can subdue the angry mage without Ixtalan having to turn on him too, so he's more likely to bargain.

If he still looks like he has fight in him at the bottom of the round, Ixtalan will have to choose.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Damage rolls didn't work as intended in the IC post. Re-rolling the failed bits here.

Base damage on standard attack (1d10+10)[11]
    Vicious damage on standard attack (2d6)[6]

Base damage on full attack (1d10+10)[16], (1d10+10)[16], (1d10+10)[18], (1d10+10)[20]
    Vicious damage on full attack (2d6)[3], (2d6)[7], (2d6)[8], (2d6)[10]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If group initiaitve is easier for you going forward, I'm fine with that.

However, I specifically picked Nerveskitter as a spell on the assumption that I'd need to boost Aubryn's initiative in combat, which would appear unnecessary if we're doing group initiative. So if you decide to go with group initiative after this encounter, then I'd like to request being allowed to trade Nerveskitter for another spell. (It also frees up Aubryn's first immediate action for something else than spellcasting )

Initiative incl. Nerveskitter spell [roll0]
    In future I will get one player to roll initiative for the group and go off group initiative based on the result. And that means you can definitely trade Nerveskitter's slot.

And I rolled the results of the miss chances offline, not that it will matter much with the sheer scale of the damage done.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-12-18 at 02:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

@paradox26, I'm fine with group initiative, and it is easier on the posting cadence. I do have build resources invested in init as well, and I'd hate for them to go to waste. But if we're using the highest init mod of those present when combat starts, that seems fine.

@rax There might still be some value in nerveskitter for occasions when the party is divided or otherwise individually surprised. Up to you, though.

Referencing IC:
    If we're out of initiative at this point, we should probably total up the fast healing based on it's duration for the injured party members.
    Last edited by Nines; 2023-12-18 at 03:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Feel free to either rebuild to take into account group inititative, or if one person is going to roll and it is you, then feel free to keep it as is.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay I'll volunteer to roll then, and leave it as is, that sounds good.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Darla the Beastmaster
    female TN Human Druid/Beastmaster/WPO, Level 13, Init 5, HP 176/176, Speed 40 fly 40 perfect
    AC 20, Touch 14, Flat-footed 17, Fort 16, Ref 10, Will 11, Base Attack Bonus 12/7/2
    +1d6 vs undead & or incorporeal +2 Elven Courtblade +17/+12/+7 (1d10+5, 18-20x2)
    +2 Mithral Chain Shirt (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 14
    Condition

Status post area attack
    Spontaneous Rejuvenation: All allies within 30 feet of you (including yourself) gain fast healing 3 "stacks"
    Ruh (212/238)
    Sharak (97/150) CLW applied to this animal

1:CLW: (1d8+2)[7]
    2:CLW: (1d8+2)[3]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-19 at 01:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

The druid ACF spontaneous rejuvenation (PHB2 p.39) lasts for 3 rounds, and grants fast healing equal to the sacrificed spell's level. It also explicitly does not stack with other sources of fast healing, as noted at the end of the description.

So Aubryn's fast healing 4 supersedes it for him, but he would've healed 3hp 1hp at the start of his turn, before attacking and activating his own fast healing via his Combat Focus feats.

Edit: after looking at the sheet and asking Samduke, they don't have 3rd level slots to spend on it after all, they only have 1st level spells. So the healing to the group will be 3hp (1hp per round, for 3 rounds).
    Last edited by Nines; 2023-12-19 at 01:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Nines View Post
    The druid ACF spontaneous rejuvenation (PHB2 p.39) lasts for 3 rounds, and grants fast healing equal to the sacrificed spell's level.
    So nice that you have taken such a keen interest in my character. please feel free to not pm me again about it.

spontaneous rejuvenation (PHB2 p.39)
    Level: 1st.
    Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the ability to spontaneously convert prepared spells into summon nature’s ally spells.
    Benefit: You can transform the stored energy of a spell you have prepared to invigorate you and your allies.

To use spontaneous rejuvenation, you must spend a standard action and sacrifice a prepared spell. All allies within 30 feet of you (including yourself) gain fast healing for 3 rounds. The fast healing amount is equal to the spell’s level.

notations
    Please know that everything I did build wise was run past and approved by p26

I had the amount of FH incorrect as I looked at the example , I have fixed that on my sheet and will adjust things post wise as it will be better to cast CLW 2 times.

feat Prodigy (skill) (Planescape Source) <Wizards of the Coast gave permission to them to update the Planescape setting to Third Edition> and the gm allowed it to be used here

Character Background Prereqs: Must be taken at level 1. Benefits: Your maximum rank in 1 skill is raised to level + 6, and it is considered a class skill. Any single skill may be chosen. Normal: Maximum rank in a skill is level + 3.

1:CLW: (1d8+2)[7]

2:CLW: (1d8+2)[3]

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Quote
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    So nice that you have taken such a keen interest in my character. please feel free to not pm me again about it.

spontaneous rejuvenation (PHB2 p.39)
    Level: 1st.
    Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the ability to spontaneously convert prepared spells into summon nature’s ally spells.
    Benefit: You can transform the stored energy of a spell you have prepared to invigorate you and your allies.

To use spontaneous rejuvenation, you must spend a standard action and sacrifice a prepared spell. All allies within 30 feet of you (including yourself) gain fast healing for 3 rounds. The fast healing amount is equal to the spell’s level.

notations
    Please know that everything I did build wise was run past and approved by p26

I had the amount of FH incorrect as I looked at the example , I have fixed that on my sheet and will adjust things post wise as it will be better to cast CLW 2 times.

feat Prodigy (skill) (Planescape Source) <Wizards of the Coast gave permission to them to update the Planescape setting to Third Edition> and the gm allowed it to be used here

Character Background Prereqs: Must be taken at level 1. Benefits: Your maximum rank in 1 skill is raised to level + 6, and it is considered a class skill. Any single skill may be chosen. Normal: Maximum rank in a skill is level + 3.

1:CLW: [roll0]

2:CLW: [roll1]

To be clear, I simply asked the source of an obscure feat that I'd not heard of before (turns out it's a dead link from a defunct 2014 fansite, that's about as obscure as it gets). The snark and rudeness above is really uncalled for.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posted and updated, happy holidays everyone.

Does Faora have any healing to offer the injured among the group, by chance?

If so, it would be ideal to take care of that during the downtime as Ixtalan is working on the secret door, and while we wait to find out what's beyond.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Merry Christmas guys, I hope you all had a great Chrissie!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Nines View Post
    Does Faora have any healing to offer the injured among the group, by chance?
    She would, I've just been unforgivingly lazy/occupied IRL (over-seas travels, holidays etc) to fill the spell sheet out.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it. I have just updated the IC thread.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Faora will use her Wand of Lesser Vigor on anyone who wants it. This is the spell: https://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/sp...725/index.html

She will then cast Heart of Water on herself, with her Extend metamagic rod, lesser, making its duration 26 hours. She'll then cast Heart of Earth on herself.

I compiled a list of her prepped spells, but cannot edit my myth's sheet yet, so I edited them into my first post in this thread with her character box.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Darla the Beastmaster

Status - Faora will use her Wand of Lesser Vigor on anyone who wants it.

Ruh (227/238) - subject gains 15 hp from Vigor, Lesser
    Sharak (122/150) - 10 CLW applied to this animal - subject gains 15 hp from Vigor, Lesser
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-27 at 07:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

...And that means you can definitely trade Nerveskitter's slot.
    Agonized for a bit, then decided to switch it for Shield. Can't hurt to have access to one of Aubryn's key spells with a little longer duration.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Much appreciated for the wand charges there.

On the group Init changes, I traded out shock and awe since the Init manipulation wouldn't apply.

Ref IC:
    Ixtalan is going to continue looking for his points of interest (traps, magic auras, secret doors, or more illusory features) and isn't going to purloin anything until they've made good with their host (or defeated him if he's not who he claims to be).

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Posted and updated.

I've been getting some strange errors with the site over the last few days, a lot of 'server busy' returns from VBulletin and pages failing to load randomly. Has anyone else experienced that?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes, the forums have gone all screwy the last few days, with it either seizing up or having on of various types of errors coming up constantly. I am trying to update all of my games right now, and it is a nightmare.