New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC Thread #2)

Oh yeah, healing amount: (1D10)[10]

Cam'on the dice have spoken lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-25 at 03:56 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I cannot blame you for trying!

... But Cestié's heart is giving out. There is no poultice for such a condition.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A really good, medieval defibrillator?

"Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-07-25 at 04:33 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah...well he couldn't spent a fate point lol.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alas; he possesses no fate - the province of destined heroes alone.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

GM, give me a Hearing Perception test at -20 for Duboit.

Success:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two girls speak the same language with equal fluency, but the 'foreign' looking one, the taller one, has an unusual accent. She also has an odd inflection when saying 'Si' as if she were about to say 'Si-si' but has long since consciously learned to stop herself, or repeat some adjectives or verbs twice, like 'walk-walk' or 'quick-quick'.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-31 at 09:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Perception checks:

Intuition: (1d100)[84] vs TN 59
    Visual: (1d100)[4] vs TN 69

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

...You're just gonna let that fail? Not chase it with a reroll?

Who are you?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fine .

Second 'Ladies' Intuition: (1d100)[78] vs TN 59

*Looks at roll, then at MrAbdiel*

You can hand-wave an auto-pass you know lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-01 at 06:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I can.

But if I do that, why make you roll at all? You must suffer.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You wrote it and it won't get read, not me lol.

(sadly)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-01 at 06:49 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Somewhere I read:

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Somewhere I read:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mr GM, give me a Perception roll at Average difficulty for Briant.

Success:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Briant would notice, among the numerous weapons the taller one was adorned with, the simple but beautiful craftsmanship of the handle for the sword that was sheathed on her hip. The elegance spoke of a blade that had ceremonial quality, but its make was clearly crafted for the vigour of battle.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ooo performance roll!

Performance (Singing): (1d100)[63] vs TN 64

Perception (Hearing): (1d100)[28] vs TN 79

Success on both!

Taalia will use her Contralto voice to support Bella.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-05 at 07:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh yeah, second intuition check: (1d100)[38] vs TN 59

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Man, imagine Briant's surprise if Taalia drew out a mystifying but oddly appealing looking instrument and started smacking out a real banger.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think if 'Intimidation' or 'Charm' is needed, Briant is better off rolling it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Charm roll: (1d100)[67] vs TN 64

FP if needed: (1d100)[54] vs TN 64

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

That'll be success. Ogres? More like BrOgres.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well hey hey, long time no see stranger! Almost forgot what you looked like lol.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Normal excuses - uni, etc etc. But I'm here!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Sorry for the quick copy+paste update:

This happened once before and you might remember it, but I have an annoying recurring issue with a disc in my neck that herniates and makes my life miserable. It's very bad for a couple of days and then pretty bad up and down for a few couple of weeks after that. I've been incapacitated for the first bit now I'm going through the next part again. It gives me numbness and pain in the right arm with escalates when I sit upright at my computer desk, so i have to budget my time sitting and typing and then laying down again. I started studying again this year so most of that slim budget has been going to work I have to do. I'm still keen and I'll be back but for the moment my posting will be infrequent at the very best. As a player i'm happy for my companions/GMs to puppet my character as required; as a storyteller I'm pretty much stuffed for the moment.

Sorry for the disruption, I'll be back at it when I can.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ooof mate, please take care of yourself and get better soon! I can't imagine how irritating that would be.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh my lordy, what a long time no see! ^_^

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ahaha! It's not ogre yet!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

He's back with terrible dad jokes .

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Btw, would you say you're back to regular or semi-regular posting?

I'm not meaning to be pushing, it's just that these posts of ours are chonky, and I'm totally cool with going back to our once a day schedule. But I wanted to see whether you were back for daily-ish posting or semi-regular because of IRL and illness, so I can adjust my own posting accordingly.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Semi regular I guess. It's likely to be my rhythm henceforth! I should be able to post once every two or three days typically; sometimes more frequently if I'm having a particularly productive one.