New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC Thread #2)

So every two or three days or so? About 2.5 a week?

Groovy. I actually really like this novel we've written together, so I'm happy we get to continue it lol.

Spoiler
    Show

I had 20 minutes to kill during a lunch once and for fun I actually copy and pasted the entirety of Act 1 into a word document...off the top of my head it was like 390,000 words, when the average young adult novel is 50,000 to 80,000 lol. We've got like 6 young adult fantasy novels first draft written already lol, and that's not including the Act II thread XD.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I would 100% read the tale of Taalia Trollslayer as a Warhammer novel series. They'd have to still be making Warhammer novels, of course... :(

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Thinks and shrugs*

I dunno...change some things around lol. Warhammer is basically medieval low fantasy Europe with some high fantasy and low-key steampunk elements thrown in. Though thinking up a substitute for the Skaven would be the biggest hurdle, making a villainous race as compelling and viscerally repulsive as them would be difficult.

Outside of that, it wouldn't be too difficult to edit, adapt, alter and change lol.

I'll post either tonight or tomorrow morning.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Charming the girl: (1d100)[17] vs TN 64

Taalia should change her name to Taalia Rogers.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-21 at 12:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A haggle roll with +20%: (1d100)[20] vs 84 TN.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ah, it looks like we’re on the cusp of a nice little lucky streak! Let’s see how long it holds!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What's this, Talia uses her 6 degrees of success to cheaply by a dozen sheep and a few acres and restarts her agri-business all over again?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I am sure your local lord will be most impressed at your industry, maamselle! You will produce such wealth for him!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hehe, Viva la revolución...

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Do you hear the people sing? It is the song of affordable commodities rapidly escalating the standard of living and propelling existing power hierarchies into progressively more unstable states~

Hey, while we’re rolling dice, roll me a challenging Perception (smell) roll. For later. But roll it now.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Perception (Scent): (1d100)[40] vs TN 59
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 06:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Perception (Scent): [roll0] vs TN 59
    Your success has been noted.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

My favourite thing about your post is that you want to buy them cutlery.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-10-30 at 08:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hah well I figured they were out in the woods area away from their camp etc so they couldn't eat out of the cauldron with their bare hands or something lol.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

These peasants will eat scalding hot chicken soup ladled into their cupped hands and they'll like it!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She thought of tying an animal down as bait and then leaving, but seemed too unreliable.

So, she will tie one of the chickens down near the road to provide a distraction while she finds a hiding spot.

Hide: (1d100)[100] vs TN 62

FP if needed as it's pretty important: (1d100)[54] vs TN 62

Glad I spent that FP lol.

So she's got a hiding spot, but not the best one. Still, she's got the chicken distraction/bait, so that might give a bonus or in game advantage.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 08:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Animosity roll. Lower is better for the greenskins. (1d100)[14]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm, might sprint back.

I'd offer to shadow them from a distance, but then I'm at a 50/50 of getting spotted by 9 wolf riders and losing a surprise round, so those odds aren't practical lol.

Roughly how much time did her stunt buy her allies? I'm guessing about 5-10 minutes?

Agility roll: [roll]1d100[roll]

Toughness: (1d100)[45]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Agility roll: [roll]1d100[roll] vs TN 64

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Damnit.

Agility roll: (1d100)[81] vs TN 64

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ugh, FP that.

Agility roll: (1d100)[23] vs TN 64

Okay, she got 4 successes on Agility, but failed her Toughness test by only 4.

Does her great agility give her a +5% bonus to her toughness roll? She's got the Rover talent as well .
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 10:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Ugh, FP that.

Agility roll: [roll0] vs TN 64

Okay, she got 4 successes on Agility, but failed her Toughness test by only 4.

Does her great agility give her a +5% bonus to her toughness roll? She's got the Rover talent as well .
    *Consults rover talent.*

Hmm. I am up for shenanigans, but not this time. Agility success means you get there in time; the marginal fail toughness means Taalia is going to arrive winded. Which, honestly, is more cinematic. Shadowing them across the countryside is a cool idea, but with them on wolfback and you on foot, you basically need to sprint to keep up anyway.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No worries. Does the 4 successes for the Agility mean that she gets there quicker than she otherwise would have?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It does! It means she is going to arrive at the very outset of the conflict, within range to do things.

As for how much time it bought... two or three minutes probably, but it's enough. If you give me a little RP post about running, I'll set up the board.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-10-30 at 10:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ah, some good ol' fashion failure. Let's try that again.

Sir Briant: (1d10+4)[6]
    Goblins and Wolves: (1d10+4)[7]
    Bandits: (1d10+3)[13]
    Ogres: (1d10+2)[7]
    Bella: (1d10+4)[8]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Taalia Initiative: (1D10+4)[7]

Looks like a garbo round of initiative all-round lol.

Although, from Taalia's position, that's not entirely a bad thing, as it allows her to pick off whoever the bandits didnt take down.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-31 at 08:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Taalia is moving as a presumed pre-battle movement phase.

Then she's Aiming at the goblin leader.

If the bandits open fire, so does she: (1d100)[20] vs TN 66

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Some damage: (2D10)[2][8](10) + 4

If the bandits loose arrows, Taalia opens fire, and if she does, she does 12 damage to the 'lead' goblin.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-31 at 08:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Okay, so we're looking something like:

Spoiler: The Battle of Leveau Fields
    Show
    13 - BanditLeader - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit2 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit3 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit4 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit5 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit6 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit7 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit8 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit9 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit10 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit11 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit12 - [Uninjured]
    13 - Bandit13 - [Uninjured]
    8 - Bella - [Uninjured]
    7 - Taalia - [Uninjured] (Exhausted)
    7 - Giorno - [Uninjured]
    7 - Bruk - [Uninjured]
    7 - Tiny - [Uninjured]
    7 - GoblinNob - [1 Wound - Lightly Injured]
    7 - GoblinNobsWolf - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin2 - [2 Wounds - Lightly Injured]
    7 - Wolf2 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin3 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Wolf3 - [1 Wound - Lightly Injured]
    7 - Goblin4 - [4 Wounds - Lightly Injured]
    7 - Wolf4 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin5 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Wolf5 - [4 Wounds - Lightly Injured]
    7 - Goblin6 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Wolf6 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin7 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Wolf7 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin8 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Wolf8 - [Uninjured]
    7 - Goblin9 - [7 Wound - Heavily Injured]
    7 - Wolf9 - [Uninjured]
    6 - Sir Briant - [Uninjured]
    6 - Cleménce - [Uninjured]

You're starting this battle exhausted, which translates to -10 to all your **** until, at the end of one of your turns, you pass a Toughness check. The difficulty of that check starts at -20 (factoring in the exhaustion already), with a +10 bonus each turn until you succeed.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-10-31 at 08:52 AM.