New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prophecies of the Dragon {WoT d20} IC

"Very good," Regine says once you have all agreed. "I thank you in advance for what you may or may not find. I know it will not be easy or quickly, but you are already allaying my fears."

There is another knock at the door. And when Regine asks for them to enter, you see a young woman coming in with a new pitcher of wine. "Forgive me, my Lady, but Master Damon asks if you will be needing anything else."

"No, not for a time, child. Please give my thanks to Master Damon for his courtesy and hospitality."

The serving woman makes a curtsy and leaves. "Well. Thank you all again," she says, beginning to dismiss you. "I will have your coin in the morning. But I have arranged for you to have rooms here for the night, if you do not have other accommodation."

As you make your own good-byes and prepare to leave, Regine takes up her documents again, and then quickly adds. "Ah, and Janelle. Another moment, please. If you feel your hand is up to aiding me tonight?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Janelle

As they all agree and the men negotiate the costs (which inwardly Janelle thinks is quite wise for them to do!) Janelle looks up as Regin speaks. She nods her head, almost a seated curtsy. "Of Course Lady Regine. I am at your disposal until we depart in the morning. I do not have many belongings so it will not take long to make myself ready.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Once the men are gone, Regine turns to Janelle with a serious look on her face.

“You will be traveling close to the Blight. It will be dangerous for you to be there. Have you learned any wardings, child?”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rodrin takes the dismissal without objection, but resolves to make the most of Lady Regine's hospitality (within reason, of course). Once he has been shown to his room by a lad of about 15 summers, he inquires with the young man about the possibility of a bath, a plate, and a mug.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Janelle looks at Regine Sedai and shakes her head, ”I have not yet been shown warnings Lady Regine. I have some skill in healing and in using air and spirit.” She waits though, curious and excited to see if this Aes Sedai was about to show her some of the power that others had kept to themselves

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Air and Spirit will benefit you in this. Attend."

And Regine embraces the source, the light of Saidar surrounding the woman. Janelle watches as Regine begins to weave. Air and Spirit dominate as she weaves the flows around her, but you can see the threads of fire within the weaving.

Weavesight, DC 20 to learn the weave. You may take 20 on this check.

"This weave will keep Shadowspawn from coming near. You cannot make them leave if they are already close enough to be inside. The stronger your weaving, the larger an area you can cover. It will also drive out the eyes of the Dark One and keep them from you. Be warned. It will not last long enough for you to rest, for it must be constantly attended. But should you need to keep watch, you can be warned about nearby Shadowspawn if they try to attack."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Janelle

Janelle listens intently to the Aes Sedai before opening herself to the source. As the One Power flowed into her she felt the usual rush of adrenaline as everything seemed to snap into sharp focus. As the other woman chanelled Janelle watched keenly eager to learn, and frustrated inwardly that this sort of power wasn't used routinely along the blight border, a few Sisters with weaves like this could make all the difference in the battles and raids that poured south from the blight to harass her homeland.

As she watched the complex weave unfold in front of her she attempted to replicate it, but it was challenging with her skills not being in warding or fire. As she learns it she offers a low curtsy to Rene Sedai, "My thanks Aes Sedai. You are most kind."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Will try once and then take 10 if needed (1d20+12)[13] vs DC 20