New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Years Have Not Been Well to Thee

Miira

Miira starts in surprise at Raven's call, hand going to her sword. She manages to turn around just in time to watch Ibrigil crumple.

Exclaiming something unintelligeble (another language?), she rushes forward, sword out just in time to try to bring it up into the creature's chest; unfortunately, her haste has made her striking angle rather clumsy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 12, damage 9.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raven's blast of magic razes the figure's shoulder, causing it to let out a bellow and clutch its wound. It takes a single step, but Puck's glamour suddenly causes it to stop and glance around in confusion. Hesiq raises his crossbow and fires, but the figure tracks the man's aim and dodges relatively easily. It cringes at Miira's strike, but the angle of her blow merely causes it to glance off whatever is beneath the bloody robes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Puck - 18+
    Raven - 18
    Hesiq - 16
    Miira - 12
    Adversary - 11 6 damage dazed
    Ibrigil - 12 damage
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2008-03-12 at 04:36 AM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raven

Raven mimicks the shrouded figure's reaction, cringing at the sight of blades flying around Ibrigil's body, hoping that their friend can still be saved. Caught in the torrent of magic, he feels more like having entered an arcane frenzy, channeling yet another beam at the enemy. Of course, due to haste and a lingering sense that Miira would not react kindly to being singed, his aim is slightly off and thus the actual attack might go to the Host knows where...

Spoiler
    Show
    results from die rolling thread: attack = 7, dmg = 4; boo
    There is no good and evil. There is only more and less.
    - Khorn'Tal
    -----------------------------------------
    Kalar Eshanti

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Puck

"It worked? My spells never work!"

Puck, not really sure of what else to do, charges forth and swings his club at the figure with all of his strength.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (d20+3)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]
    AC at 14 until next turn

Edit: oh, I forgot about the die rolling thread. Shall I reroll there?
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-03-13 at 12:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Miira

In the back of her mind, Miira is conscious that Ibrigil is slowly bleeding to death, if he isn't dead already. She can't understand the creature's (was it a man) sudden hesitation, halting for a moment as if suspecting a trick, but as Puck joins the fray, she takes advantage of it, bringing up her sword and swinging it in an arc with a fervent prayer. Rishava, if you see fit, guide my hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Smite evil! Attack 17, damage 13.

6. - Top - End - #156

Puck scores a hard blow into the robed figure's gut, unbalancing it for a moment. Following up on her advantage, Miira's strike lands true. Even her powerful frame doesn't seem to adequately explain her devastating blow, which tears open the woolen robe and gouges open the enemies stomach.

The ruined robe falls off to reveal a half-orc, not particularly old or muscular, but rather a gangly and awkward adolescent. Its eyes are wide open in shock, in another moment it gurgles up a river of blood before falling on its back, eyes vacant and unseeing.

7. - Top - End - #157

Gripped by the magical torrent, Raven hardly notices the assailant falling and nearly empties another magical charge into him. But Ibrigil's bleeding body at his feet is enough to return him to reality and shake off the eerie energy. "Ibrigil! Quick, someone help him!" he rushes to the fallen friend and pauses, not knowing exactly what to do. Nor has he sailed enough to have experience with open wounds and deadlier things.... trying to follow common sense, he turns him to the side and looking for something to stop the bleeding with, stares at the dagger Ibrigil was attacked with.

Spoiler
    Show
    aid another on someone else's heal check.
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

8. - Top - End - #158

Hesiq rushes over and gingerly removes the dagger in Ibrigil's back before putting pressure on the wound.

9. - Top - End - #159

Raven gets an idea concerning his own wilding talent for magic; he reaches for Ibrigil's clothes and searches his pockets and backpack, looking for scrolls or potions. With his penchant for ancient studies, there was actually quite a good chance of him having something useful to help him... or maybe not. While searching, he gives others a helpless look and the fallen orc a look of disdain. "What should we do now?"
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Miira

Miira feels a moment of peace as she strikes truly. I am not abandoned. Thank you; may my doubts not condemn me too much.

Then the real world returns as the half-orc topples. She stands over Raven and Hesiq anxiously, trying to watch without getting in the way. "I don't know," she says anxiously. "Is he all right? Does he get better?"

11. - Top - End - #161

Ibrigil Mesto

Ibrigil groaned and remained unconscious, although the quick action of Hesiq and Raven stopped most of the bleeding.
    "So it works in practice. Who cares? Does it work in theory?"
    Spoiler
    Show

PolkaBear by Ceika | Eckher by Wayril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Characters: Clunch Lian
    PolkaBear avatar courtesy of Ceika

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Puck, without any healing spells or medical knowledge, stands in the background trying to decide what to do.

"I'll go tell Grauff! Maybe he has something that can help Ibrigil!" He hustles to the door.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Miira

Miira hovers over Raven and Hesiq as they continue to tend to Ibrigil, waiting for somebody to tell her how she can help. As Puck leaves to go tell Grauff, a thought occurs to her, and she kneels by the attacker's body, turning it over to get a good look at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil to see if there's a lingering aura; also checking to see if the half-orc is dead or just dying.

14. - Top - End - #164

The killer is certainly dead, it seems Miira's strike was almost instantly fatal. Beneath his wool robe, which looks similar to some of the garments in Grauff's storage, there is a rusty but serviceable mace, and in one of the pockets are a pair of similar-looking vials small enough to fit in your palm, each containing a clear liquid. Behind the shelves that the killer had been lurking behind is a lootbag with several things in it. Scrolls, some blank and some not, vials of ink in various colors, satchels containing powder.

15. - Top - End - #165

Raven shakes his head as he tries to clear away the confusion creeping at him and attempts to make sense of the items. "Damnit. Allright, this could be... where have I seen these glyphs...Hesiq, anyone, do you have any ideas about all of this?" In a weird middle ground between frantic search and a calm analysis, Raven loses himself in the found items while trying to discern what would help and what would harm Ibrigil. And were those poisons? Hopefully not...
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

16. - Top - End - #166

On one of the vials, there is a tear drop symbol, which is commonly associated with healing. A K is imprinted on the bottom beside a glyph, which seems to be the symbol of a magewright.

Hesiq places his hand above one of the parchments and glyphs and runes begin scrolling above it. His eyes follow the letters with comprehension dawning. The process repeats with each of the four scrolls containing writing. Let's see. Cure light wounds. Cure light wounds again. Oh, this one has two, animal messenger and Melf's acid arrow. And three here. Pyrotechnics, protection from arrows, levitate. He pauses with a self-satisfied smile.

Returning to the trading post, Puck first enters the bar, which is nearly empty except for a patron in a blue-trimmed dark fur coat. It seems that most everyone is either in the lounge or the selling floor. Grauff is nowhere in sight, but the lone occupant pushes back her hood, she's a slender woman with dark-red hair that hangs about her face in curls. She rises languidly and starts toward the scruffy bard. Hmm? Excuse me, is there something wrong?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Miira

"'Glyphs'?" Miira asks, looking up from the rusty mace. "What are they?" She looks back down again, frowning. "He doesn't have a knife. He couldn't have done that with a mace..."

18. - Top - End - #168

Raven grasps one of the healing scrolls, closes his eyes and tries to unleash its stored essence onto Ibrigil. His effort is completely instinctual, guided by the distant magic he witnessed once and otherwise relying solely on his mental strength. Being quite unexperienced in such matters though, he finds that it is very much like navigating through a maze, and he avoids becoming lost in the glyphs himself by only a small chance. A small tingle of energy appears on his fingers like the spell is going to be released, then fades.
    "Hesiq, can you try? And do you think those are really healing potions?" Raven asks, trying to steady his heavy breathing.
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Puck

"Yes, yes, someone's hurt!" he says to the woman, panting. "Can you help me find someone who can close the wound? It's pretty bad!"
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-03-25 at 06:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Hesiq glances at the potion and shrugs. I don't see why it wouldn't be. He shakes his head in response to the question regarding the scrolls.

The woman's eyes widen in concern. Oh my. She reaches into a pocket and pulls something out. Her hand brushes against Puck's as she slips a tiny potion into his hand. You'd better give him this. It sounds like he needs it.

21. - Top - End - #171

Struck by indecisiveness for another critical moment, Raven at last nods and reaches for one of the tear-marked vials. If this does some harm to Ibrigil I'll never be able to forgive myself, the mage thinks as he unstoppers the potion and carefully pours it into fallen friend's mouth.
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Puck

Simply assuming the liquid can bestow magical healing, he accepts it."Thank you! Thank you! We're in your debt!" He then turns back the way he came, cradling the potion in both hands so that he is sure not to drop it.

23. - Top - End - #173

Puck returns to the storage room in time to see Ibrigil's body shudder before he regains conscious.

24. - Top - End - #174

Ibrigil Mesto

Ibrigil coughed and groaned. "My back! Is it dead? Help..."

Seeing that the others were circled around him staring, instead of fleeing in terror, he lay his head back on the floor and took a deep breath.

"So I guess it's dead or something. Here, help me get up. It hurts; but I think I'll be okay. My thanks to whomever--" His voice caught as the events which preceded his sudden plunge into unconsciousness seized him and his mind registered how close he must have come to never waking again. "Really: thanks," he quavered earnestly.

He took stock of himself and the surroundings, frowning when he saw the gutted half-orc. "So this is him? The guy who tried to kill me? The murderer?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Miira

"You're alive," Miira says, relieved; she'd left the parchment and bottles to Raven and Ibrigil once she realized what they were. It was a pity they had to resort to such things, but in the interest of saving Ibrigil, she thought it was probably all right. "Yes, that's him."

She glances up as Puck enters. "Did you get Grauff? Where is he?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Puck

"I don't know." Puck breathes heavily, but is noticably relieved to see that Ibrigil is alright. "Didn't see him anywhere, but a woman I bumped into handed me this, when I said someone was hurt." He reveals the potion, and then walks closer to Ibrigil. "You alright?"

27. - Top - End - #177

Raven breathes a sigh of relief as their friend starts moving again and is beyond danger. He leans down and tries to help Ibrigil stand up. "Yes, we killed him.... I do not know what he has to do with our search though. Could it be the monster we seek? He seems more like a thug to me..." he tries not to recall the terrible scene in the room and who might have done it again. Curious, he searches through the satchel full of mysterious powder found at the orc and sniffs it cautiously, trying to deduce what it might be.
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

28. - Top - End - #178

Raven recognizes the powder as ground harac root mixed with hollow salt, a common ingredient for potions.

29. - Top - End - #179

Raven nods, satisfied with the results of his 'research', and takes the satchel carefully to stow it into his backpack. "Enchanting and supporting material for elixirs; I do not think any of us will be brewing potions sometime soon but it could be helpful in the future. Anyone has an idea on why this one was hiding here? Could it have been the same one we seek?"
    - Khorn'Tal
    Kalar Eshanti

30. - Top - End - #180

Ibrigil Mesto

"I don't know. Let me take a look around, first, and try to figure out what he was doing here and why he attacked. Pretty young guy. Huh."

Ibrigil finished the search that the attack had interrupted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show