Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Asha
    Astral Elf Armorer Artificer
    AC: 23 HP: 101/103 THP: 10/10
    PPer: 16 PInv: 19 PIns: 12
    Conditions: Immune to Surprise, Adv on Init, Necklace of Adaptation
    Concentrating: --
    Asha knew something had emerged before he could see it; the bionoid was pulling him to fight a dangerous foe. He looks up to see a monster emerge from the shadows and attack Bori. Trusting Rue to handle Rahadin, Asha gives in to the bionoid and rushes over to Bori's side, assaulting the shadow creature with his fists.

Spoiler: Turn 2
    Show
    Arcana Result: 18 (rolled in OOC thread)

Move - Move adjacent to Shadow Demon
    Action - Attack Shadow Demon
    Attack - (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage (1d8+7)[8]
    Attack - (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage (1d8+7)[11]
    Hit Effect - Shadow Demon has Disadvantage to hit anyone else other than Asha until start of Asha's next turn.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Yikkol swings her whip towards one of the flying swords. She attempts to grab onto the handle and throw the sword toward the ground.

• Opportunity attack: (1d20+8)[10].
    • Damage: (1d4+4)[5] slashing plus (5d6)[22] sneak attack for being adjacent to Rue.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Post Re: [IC] Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Spoiler: Resolution
    Show
    [Yikkol]
    28 damage to Rahadin

[Bori]
    17 damage to Rahadin

[Herbert]
    12 damage to Shadow Demon

[Rue]
    36 damage to Rahadin

[Zinro]
    4 damage to Shadow Demon]

Rahadin's battle cry turned into a scream of pain. While he graciously danced away from blows and strikes, Yikkol's whip landed right on his face, wounding his eyebrows and panting his face blood red, and Rue went all out with her claws.

"Damn you, creature..." He wiped the blood from his face, his vision blurred by pain and anger "Damn you all, cursed fools!"

Rahadin made a mysterious symbol with his hand, touching the tip of his ring finger with this thumb, and pronouncing a single magic word. [Arcana DC 17 to understand more of what is happening.*] Immediately, the numerous swords, axes and halberds that decorated the room gained life and floated out of their racks. Each of the weapons was castle-forged and bore the Barovian crest, quartered crimson and azure symbolizing the nobility of their blood and the blue sky that stretched over the grasslands that the Valley of Barovia had once been. How ironic.

Spoiler: Weapons action
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by dangelo View Post
    Four flying swords attack Zinro ("animated lances")

(1d20+4)[6] for (1d8+2)[4]
    (1d20+4)[17] for (1d8+2)[3]
    (1d20+4)[14] for (1d8+2)[6]
    (1d20+4)[15] for (1d8+2)[7]

"I must remind you of your place, fools..." He rolled away from Rue, but her claws had dented his armor and she just wouldn't let go. He whirled and wiggled and struggle, taking advantage of his nimble form to slip through her claws. "I will kill you all, scum! Your souls will sing a deathly choir to my battles to come!"

And just like that, those who were closer to Rahadin started to hear voices singing. What sounded like a church choir at first, soon revealed to be screams of agony and despair, desperate cries for mercy. The voices of all the souls who had been severed from their bodies by Rahadin's blade or poison rose from hell to sing into his enemies' ears.

Spoiler: Rahadin action
    Show
    Bonus action: Deathly Choir (3d10)[12] of psychic damage in a 10 ft radius centered on Rahadin: Asha, Bori, Nethis, Yikkol, Dot and Rue.
    Will save DC 17 for half damage

Rolling for Bori right now to figure out concentration:
    (1d20+10)[13] Wisdom save against Deathly Choir
    (1d20+6)[11] Constitution save for Concentration
    Spoiler: Shadow Demon action
    Show
    Shadow Demon attacks Bori again (1d20+5)[16] for (2d6+3)[10] psychic damage
    Bori's concentration, if it hits: (1d20+6)[11]
    Spoiler: Homebrew disclaimer
    Show
    This was an extraordinary Lair action, which Rahadin shouldn't have access to according to the book. Like the tank/wizard/druid/archer quirks I gave the Vampire Spawns back in the chapel, these modifications are an attempt to rebalance Castle Ravenloft to 6 PCs rather than 4. I understand the premise of the game is a genuine raw Ravenloft experience, so let me know if you something feels unfair to you. I'll gladly disclose my design choices with the group, since I know how sketchy Homebrew can look when it's not announced previously.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2023-10-25 at 08:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334

Zombie

Lord Zinro Varanash

As the choir of the dead rang out, poor Dot was blasted from existence. She wasn't gone for good; Zinro would need to summon her again when he had time.

For now, he had more pressing issues; such as the 4 animated weapons surrounding him. It was a shame Zinro didn't have such a spell. Once again he uttered the mystical words used to transport him across short distances and with another pop of reality, he appeared inside Rahadin's office proper.

He once again focused on attacking the Shadow Demon, flinging another Bolt of Fire at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dot is destroyed by the Deathly Choir, as she only has 1HP. As a reminder it's a summoned familiar, not a natural familiar.
    Bonus Action to cast Misty Step at 3rd Level and teleport to the other side of the room.
    Main Action to cast Fire Bolt cantrip at the Shadow Demon. Spell Attack: (1d20+8)[9] for (2d10+4)[14] Fire Damage.

EDIT: Natural 1 for the attack, if you're using fumbles
    Last edited by The Commander; 2023-10-25 at 12:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Yikkol cusses. She tries to block out the screams by putting her hands over her ears.

• Wisdom Save (DC 17): (1d20+6)[15] or take 12 psychic damage. Save halves.

Then, with a scream, Yikkol attempts to slap her whip across Rahadin's face again.

• Attack (Steady Aim): (1d20+8)[11] or (1d20+8)[16]. Rahadin gets half-cover from the shadow demon in front of him. That's +2 to his AC.
    • Damage: (1d4+4)[6] plus (5d6)[18] slashing damage.

"Bastard! Surrender already! What use is your loyalty to Strahd?"

EDIT: I believe that's a miss. :O
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2023-10-25 at 06:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Herbert Raycraft
    Human Life Cleric
    AC: 20 HP: 73/73
    PPer: 18 PInv: 10 PIst: 18
    Conditions: --
    Aura: 30' Prot from Evil (Fiends/undead): Such creatures have disadvantage on attack rolls against us, and we are immune to charm, fear, possession by them
    His path blocked by the flying weapons, Herbert interposes his shield and calls down the cleansing light of Pelor.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sacred Flame on Shadow Demon, Dex DC 16 or take (3d8)[11] radiant damage, which he's probably vulnerable to.
    SD Dex (1d20)[19] plus mods

7. - Top - End - #337

Asha
    AC: 23 HP: 99/103 THP: 10/10
    Asha grimaced against the psychic scream, though his armor masked his face. Despite his thunder gauntlets, the shadow demon was focusing on Bori, trying to take down the halflings damage. The demon was already impacted by the Icon Herbert was carrying, so Asha switches to a different tactic. He stretches his hands outward, and the orbs in the palms of his gauntlet glow and lash out with radiant energy.

Spoiler: Turn 3
    Show
    Save vs Psychic Scream DC 17 = (1d20+2)[11] (If save fails, use Bonus Action to gain 10 THP w/ Defensive Field.)

Action - Sacred Flame vs Shadow Demon
    Damage - (2d8)[11]
    Shadow Demon Dex Save - (1d20)[14] + mods
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2023-10-25 at 09:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Bori

Halfling and Fastieth screams add themselves to the cacophony, before the latter is cut short.

Bori falls, his reflexes from a mifetime in the saddle allowing him to roll with.the impact and leap back to his feet.

NETHIS! NOOOooo! In half.a heartbeat he would feel her re-enter their mask, but by that point his was already hacking at Rahadin's prone form in a fury.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Damage from ensnaring strike from Rahadim's turn (1d6)[4].

They both failed their saves and Nethis "dies".

Assume he falls prone, use reaction or half.movement to remain on his feet.

Attack 1 (1d20+11)[14] or 18 for (1d8+7)[12]

Attack 2 (1d20+11)[26] or 23 for (1d8+7)[11]

Forgot to roll with advantage, even after posting a reminder about Yikkol. Rolled them in the OOC thread after I stopped facepalming.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-10-25 at 11:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Rue
    Dhampir Barbarian 8/Fighter 2
    AC: 17 HP: 121/128
    PP:16 PIv: 11 PIs: 16
    Rage: 4/4 (LongnRest)
    Empowering Bite: 4/4 (Long Rest)
    Second Wind: 1/1 (Short Rest)
    Action Surge: 1/1 (Short Rest)

The pain and shock of the psychic scream tore through Rue's mind, but beneath her rage and hate she barely even noticed. It was like news from a faraway land.

Damn you creature...

Rue put her face close enough to Rahadin to feel the warm beating of his living heart.

"Your master already damned me, slave. Let me show you the fruits of his labour!"

And with that she tore into him. Her long, ragged claws slashed at his face and chest. And then, with a cry of anger, she leaned forward and sank her teeth into his neck and drew the lifeforce from him with his blood, the pain from his assault fading as she fed.

She pulled her face away, still dripping with gore, and smashed him in the face with her clenched fist.

Spoiler
    Show

Wis Save 19 (takes 9 psychic damage)

3 Bludgeoning Damage to Rahadin at the start of the round.

No Move.

Attack 1:
    -Claw 1: Nat 20! 16 magical slashing damage
    -Claw 2: Nat 20! 16 magical slashing damage

Attack 2:
    Bite! Attack 18 for 9 piercing damage
    -Empower myself and heal 9 damage.

Bonus Attack: Attack 27 for 7 bludgeoning damage

(48 damage total)
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

10. - Top - End - #340

ElfWarriorGuy

The Shadow Demon phased through the stone walls into the chambers that once had been the throne room of Castle Ravenloft. The "Dark Throne" where the fellowship were to finally face Strahd, according to Madam Eva and her strange cards. Its material form was burnt and shred apart from the battle, but still it lived. One of its horns had been broken permanently, a serious damage to the creature's proud existance.

"My lord," Its voice came from hollow of its core. "We lost the office. They killed Rahadin and gained access to the Brazier."

Strahd had been drinking red wine off a crystal glass - he threw it onto the floor and stood from the throne. "You jest?" asked the Count.

"They are fierce, my lord. And coward, like scavengers."

Strahd paced around the throne room. Rahadin had been his most loyal servant, and his First General during the Conquest of Barovia. The Dusk Elf was an assassin, an engineer, a master of logistics and an alchemist, an arcanist, and had etiquette.

For a moment, the Shadow Demon felt fear when Strahd von Zarovich looked deep into his empty eyes. "Tell. Me. Everything."

"The half-blood, the crusader and the bionoid, those are their infantry. You are too mighty, my lord, that even the lowest among your your children are strong. They must be kept at bay. The whipcracker will always be an issue until it dies, and the dark elf is a powerful wizard, more powerful than Rahadin." The demon picked its next words very carefully. He might have arcane secrets unknown even to you, my lord.

But when you face them, my lord, the priest must die fast, for he bears the Bright Light and has retrieved the Icon of Ravenloft.

To that information, Strahd was startled. "They touched the icon and lived?! Dark powers curse me. No wonder they killed Rahadin so easily." His eyes darted around the chamber. Slowly, Strahd walked back to his throne, not pacing wildly anymore. "Wake up my children."

"Which of them, my lord?"

The earth shook under Castle Ravenloft when Strahd cried: "ALL OF THEM!!!". The Shadow Demon immediately removed itself from the throne room. Thousands bats that slept in the cracks and crevices on the grey stone suddenly flew into the night, blackening out the moon and filling the sky like a dark cloud.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Random encounters are -upgraded-, and all numbers of enemies (like 2d4 bats) are maximized. Thought it would be fair to let you know.

There wasn't a single drop of blood left in Rahadin's body. He finally stopped struggling and his scimitar fell from his hands, his body hanging limp from Rue's claws. The demon had phased through the floor and was nowhere to be seen.

The combatants exchanged a cautious look. Was it over?

A low rumble grew into an earthquake. Books flew from the bookshelf, weapons fell from their racks. Strahd's scream of rage echoed in the rumble of the earth, until it died off in the distance and everything returned to normal.

End of combat!
    Last edited by dangelo; 2023-10-28 at 11:33 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

There wasn't a single drop of blood left in Rahadin's body. He finally stopped struggling and his scimitar fell from his hands, his body hanging limp from Rue's claws. The demon had phased through the floor and was nowhere to be seen.

The combatants exchanged a cautious look. Was it over?

A low rumble grew into an earthquake. Books flew from the bookshelf, weapons fell from their racks. Strahd's scream of rage echoed in the rumble of the earth, until it died off in the distance and everything returned to normal.
    "It's over," Yikkol said, wiping a bit of blood from her face.

"Rahadin is dead. Rue? It's over. You, uh, needn't keep doing that."

Oblivious to what has just transpired between Strahd and the shadow demon, Yikkol addresses the group at large. "That shadowy creature abandoned its master. The weapons are inert again. We're safe. I'm sure that scream of rage in the distance was nothing important."

She feels for the comforting aura of Bori and notices something amiss. "Are you all right, Bori? Your lizard..." She searches for comforting words and comes up short. "I'm sorry."

Yikkol stands awkwardly for a few moments before turning away from the party. She distracts herself by searching the lab for useful supplies.

12. - Top - End - #342

Zombie

Lord Zinro Varanash

As the Demon disappeared and the animated weapons fell, Zinro began to relax. He was still perturbed by Rue's condition; but so far she had seemed to be on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    "That shadowy creature abandoned its master. The weapons are inert again. We're safe. I'm sure that scream of rage in the distance was nothing important."
    "Safe, but only for a brief moment I'm sure. I consider the scream a minor victory. It shows we can hurt the lord of this castle." Zinro said. "My familiar was destroyed. If we get a chance to long rest, I can bring her back. I will say that I am beginning to run out of energy for my spells. I should be fine for another battle, maybe two; but not more than that: I would need to rest."

Zinro began to pace around the office, looking to find any secrets or items Rahadin may have kept here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zinro would like to investigate the office for things of interest. Investigation: (1d20+8)[14]
    Last edited by The Commander; 2023-10-28 at 01:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343

Rue
    Dhampir Barbarian 8/Fighter 2
    AC: 17 HP: 128
    PP:16 PIv: 11 PIs: 16
    Rage: 4/4 (LongnRest)
    Empowering Bite: 4/4 (Long Rest)
    Second Wind: 1/1 (Short Rest)
    Action Surge: 1/1 (Short Rest)

Lost to the frenzy of hunger and anger, Rue drank and drank and drank until there was nothing left to drink and she stood up to her full height and, almost contemptuously, with all the uncanny strength of her long, thin arms, hurled the desiccated corpse against the brick wall.

She looked around, her eyes wide, a blush spreading across her alabaster skin (and fading just as quickly), her face dripping with gore. Her bestial gaze fell hungrily on her party members and for a briefest of moments, it looked like maybe she was too far gone to stop herself.

But she shook her head once, twice, a third time. And her body slumped and her limbs lost their tension. And her claws receded.

She used whatever fabric was nearby to wipe her face.

And she stepped back, away, against the wall, too ashamed to meet anyone's gaze.

Spoiler
    Show

Nil

14. - Top - End - #344

Bori

Bori is seemingly unaware of their victory or the gore on the floor (what little escaped before Rue...ended thunga. He sinks to his knees, hands reaching out to gently embrace the form of the fallen dinosaur, even as it begins to fade from existence.

When Nethis's physical form is gone, he is left rocking slightly in place on the floor. Both of his hands are now tightly pressed again his fearsome mask. There remains a flicker of movement within it, but the previous savagery has gone for now. I'm sorry...he whispers quietly.
    Last edited by Waistcoatwill; 2023-10-28 at 12:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
    Zinro began to pace around the office, looking to find any secrets or items Rahadin may have kept here.
    The office was also Rahadin's chambers. There was a small bed nested against the corner, a wardrobe of clothes, a chest filled with all sorts of basic arcane materials (a silver dagger, a golden ring, a copper coin, rolls of parchment riddled with sigils and inscriptions), and of course, Rahadin's own spellbook. It contained several spells up to the Second Circle of Spellcasting (according to the scholars of Faerun - Rahadin himself organized spells in 32 levels rather than 9).

On his desk, yellowed books contained pages and pages of names with a small description of their death next to them: a list of all the adventurers Rahadin had killed while protecting Castle Ravenloft. He had already written their names, only the description of death was missing.

The weapons on the racks were all magical, as Zinro noticed: Enchanted in their creation to pierce through mundane defenses, and given the crest of Ravenloft to bear.

Spoiler
    Show
    There are 23 Martial Weapons on the walls, one of each of the weapons listed in the book. They're all +1.
    Also there's an Alchemy kit on the desk.
    Last edited by dangelo; 2023-10-28 at 10:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Herbert

"Rue, are you...okay?"

Herbert looks to see who may need healing magic.

As Zinro points out the magical weapons, the priest collects a +1 Mace.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

On his desk, yellowed books contained pages and pages of names with a small description of their death next to them: a list of all the adventurers Rahadin had killed while protecting Castle Ravenloft. He had already written their names, only the description of death was missing.
    "What?" Yikkol glances at Zinro for the briefest of moments before rushing over to the old books. Ignoring Bori's breakdown and Rue's display of shame, she begins flipping through the books for any sign of the Architect's Guild.

She wants to see her mother's name.

18. - Top - End - #348

Zombie

Lord Zinro Varanash

"The weapons on the walls here are all magically enchanted to swing, to stab, to bludgeon, better than a normal weapon of their type. Take whatever you need. There's also a log here of all the people the late Rahadin has killed; so if you're hoping to learn the fate of someone who came before, it's a place to start looking."

Zinro began to collect any arcane materials of any value and took a moment to peruse the spellbook.

He looked up briefly only to say to Bori: "My condolences for the loss of your mount. Rahadin has paid for it's destruction, and soon Strahd will too." There wasn't a huge amount of sympathy in the Drow's voice, but he acknowledged Bori's pain and tactical disadvantage of losing his mount.

Spoiler
    Show
    If any of the arcane materials have a GP value, Zinro will take them. What spells are in Rahadin's spellbook? When we have time I might try to copy some to my own spellbook.

19. - Top - End - #349

Bori

For all of the lack of warmth on his words, Zinro's Co.dolances broke through Bori's grief. He wasn't alone, Nathis was still with him. What's more, he had allies, possibly even a future friend or two. He slowly got back.to his feet.

Thank you Zinro. I know she's no more gone than before, but failing to protect her...again...is hard. She definitely takes comfort in seeing him go down, always had a bloodthirsty streak that one. I just want to tear Strahd down. He tilts his head as if listening. Apparently the general's choir agree.

Faint singing fills the air once more, a note of defiance now replacing the pain and anguish from.ments before. It seems to swirls.around Bori for a moment, reinvigorating him and any others that need it.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Casting Prayer of Healing at 2 because I'm a doofus and prepped that instead of Aura of vitality.

Bori and anyone who is hurt heal (2d8+4)[9]

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Herbert walks over to the injured Bori and channels more of Pelor's power to close his wounds further.

1st level Cure Wounds (1d8+8)[15]

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Herbert

"Rue, are you...okay?"

Herbert looks to see who may need healing magic.

As Zinro points out the magical weapons, the priest collects a +1 Mace.
    Rue's gaze snaps to to Herbert's like an animal's might when startled. She frowns.

"I will never be okay until the Devil is destroyed. Or I am. But I am as close as I am likely to get."

A long pause.

"Thank you."

22. - Top - End - #352

Zombie

Lord Zinro Varanash

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    "I will never be okay until the Devil is destroyed. Or I am. But I am as close as I am likely to get."

A long pause.

"Thank you."
    "If I may ask, what do you intend to do once he is destroyed?" Zinro suddenly began to worry about the possibility of Rue 'inheriting' the castle from Strahd.

23. - Top - End - #353

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    "What?" Yikkol glances at Zinro for the briefest of moments before rushing over to the old books. Ignoring Bori's breakdown and Rue's display of shame, she begins flipping through the books for any sign of the Architect's Guild.

She wants to see her mother's name.
    The tome was old and chunky, its pages made of tightly woven fibers. Yikkol only had to go back a few pages until a sequence of four names caught her attention: High-ranking members of the Architect's Guild, possibly her mother's companions. Their deaths had been marked as "Succumbed to the screams of the Deathly Choir".

The dates showed that the four members of the guild had died in the same day, a few weeks after Jozan the Priest, who fell to Rahadin's scimitar, and before Annathar the Eladrín, who was poisoned.

24. - Top - End - #354

Asha
    The shadow demon phases into the wall and Asha tries to grab at it; his fists close around air. He punches the wall in frustration and turns to see what remains of the encounter. The group puts down the animated weapons and Rue finishes off Rahadin.

Asha takes stock of everyone. He claps Bori on the back, and is about to say something, when a tremor runs through the room and items begin to fly from the shelves and tables. An unearthly scream, that of Strahd himself, can be heard ripping through the air. Asha doesn't move but his eyes scan the room. Come Bori, you will have time to make things right, we shouldn't linger.

Everyone, take a weapon if you can wield it. Rue, prepare for more violence; Rahadin got nothing less than he deserved, and that will be the case for many more, I'm sure of it. We need you ready for the next fight.

Asha's words do not lack sympathy, but are direct and to the point, the vampire count's reaction ominous in the soldier's mind. He looks around and spots Yikkol near the table, engrossed in a book, Yikkol?
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2023-10-30 at 11:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

The tome was old and chunky, its pages made of tightly woven fibers. Yikkol only had to go back a few pages until a sequence of four names caught her attention: High-ranking members of the Architect's Guild, possibly her mother's companions. Their deaths had been marked as "Succumbed to the screams of the Deathly Choir".

The dates showed that the four members of the guild had died in the same day, a few weeks after Jozan the Priest, who fell to Rahadin's scimitar, and before Annathar the Eladrín, who was poisoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    He looks around and spots Yikkol near the table, engrossed in a book, Yikkol?
    Yikkol turns. She's smiling. Her eyes shine. "My mom," she says. "I found her. She's in here. I know what happened to her. Something about a screaming choir..."

She softly tucks the book away in her backpack. Then she grabs an axe off the rack, puts a heavy foot on Rahadin's body, and aims for his neck. There's a wet crunch as she severs the cervical vertebrae from the rest of his body. The air stinks of iron. The floor of the workshop-bedroom, already slick with red, begins to overflow with his blood.

Yikkol reaches down for Rahadin's head. A steady stream of blood connects it to his body. Then a trickle. She's smiling at Asha. She smiles at everyone in the party. The same smile, but this time it feels menacing.

"My mom's bones may not be here, but I can still bring home a trophy. My family will see that years of my life were not wasted. Rest now, Mama. Your faithful daughter has avenged you."

Quote Originally Posted by Waistcoatwill View Post
    Faint singing fills the air once more, a note of defiance now replacing the pain and anguish from.ments before. It seems to swirls.around Bori for a moment, reinvigorating him and any others that need it.
    The weapons on the racks were all magical, as Zinro noticed: Enchanted in their creation to pierce through mundane defenses, and given the crest of Ravenloft to bear.
    Bori's healing closes a cut and disappears several of Yikkol's bruises. She's busy replacing some of her weapons with their magical counterparts and doesn't really seem to notice.

• Unless someone else wants them, Yikkol replaces: a whip, a rapier, a blowgun, and a net.

"You're right, Aelki. There's a doorway here. Let's go and warm up Strahd's cold chambers, shall we?"

26. - Top - End - #356

Bori

Bori shivers at the spine-tingling scream. At Asha's comment Bori nods and begins to straighten up. Finally, Yikkol's messy souvenir snaps him out of his inner turmoil.

I would recommend bagging that or something. He says somewhat distastefully. It will make a terrible mess as is and make it far easier to track us.

He eyes the door briefly.

I agree that we should check the next room. After that the tower maybe? I don't want to be too close to here after that scream. He shudders once more.

He grabs thehand crossbow from the wall and any ammunition lying around.

27. - Top - End - #357

ElfWarriorGuy

This thirty-foot-square room is a shambles. Scattered furniture lies in heaps near the walls. Broken bones lie scattered amid crumpled and crushed plate armor. Shields and swords jut from the walls as if driven into them by some tremendous force.

The party enters the room through the north wall, coming from Rahadin's office. A dark archway leads out through the east wall, and another door lead further to the south, opposite of the way they have come.

Spoiler: Owlbear
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

Asha
    Asha walks over to Yikkol and reads the page she had been looking at, ... Deathly Choir... Unsure what to make of it, he grabs a magical light crossbow, with any accompanying bolts he can find, as well as a magical longsword. Yikkol makes a gruesome trophy of Rahadin's head. The bionoid gives a curt nod to her and moves to the doorway into the other room. He stops short.

Littered within are crushed bones and armors, and weapons and shields are impaled into the walls. Rahadin said he would expect us to come in through here. It looks like anyone he didn't want to treat with got crushed. He peers further into the room, looking for signs of a mechanism that may betray the presence of a trap.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Asha has proficiency in Thieves Tools and a Passive Perception of 16 and Passive Investigation of 19.

If rolls are needed, Perception - (1d20+6)[13], and Investigation - (1d20+9)[22]

29. - Top - End - #359

ElfWarriorGuy

The shields and breastplates scattered about the room had the crest of Barovia imprinted on them, the same vermillion-and-azure sigil found in Rahadin's collection of weapons. However, these were simply mundane pieces of equipment, uniforms once worn by the dozens and dozens of guards who had died in this very room. Following these clues, Asha concluded that a long time ago - centuries, maybe - someone had retreated into this room when swarmed by guards, and then killed them all with an incredible amount of power.

30. - Top - End - #360

Asha
    Asha looks back to the others, I don't see signs of a mechanical trap. Looks to be the remains of what might of have been someone's last stand, except they got the better of all these Barovian soldiers. He enters the room and picks up a rent piece of armor, If it was Strahd that did this to the group of soldiers that surrounded him, we have an idea of his physical power. He steps further into the room, and looks through the doorway to his left.