New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Servants of Vecna: Into the Maw

Once again the masks upon his face change as the older man with purple flesh is visible for a moment as reiger extends his hand out toward the closest foe.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Cast slow. DC 22
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Kristiel strikes back with force, landing two solid strikes with his blade that would have fell any living enemy, but these enemies are not alive, the beast skin bleeds a dark fluid, but i only seems angrier. The beast stops the the blade by grabbing Kristiel's wrist with it's claws and bends the angel's hand, twisting it, mangling it.

It then launches an barrage of attacks and hit the angel twice, twisting Kristiel's arm further, but the deadly blow comes as the jaws once again close to rip off Kristiel's head clean off his shoulders.

Baelith is shellshocked by this, but manages to gather the courage to duck around the creature and land four precise cuts, driving it back. to the ships rail. But the creature teleports above the ship.

Yanes scans the sky above and launches a lighting bolt that is harmlessly absorbed by the bloodfiend.

Elsewhere, Malach brings forth the wrath of Kas and unleashes an attack against the flatfooted beast, Kas guides his hand to the joints and other vital spots that no one with less understanding of undead would hit. Malach strikes are precise and the creature is unable to parry, it screams in full pain!

Reiger tries to slow it down with a magical effect but the creature bends reality around itself and swaps places with Reiger who finds himself next to Malach as the target of his own spell! He manages to survive his own magic.

The Bloodfiend maw opens wide as it charges Malach full force as a shock trooper would! The beast slams it claw with all its fury, gashing Malach's chest and maiming him, sending Malach flying back ten feet away, the claw ignores any kind of protective magic meant to misdirect the attack.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    61 Damage

Ikah, the ship gunner has been under the weather since these servants of Vecna joined the ship but the stress of the deadly fight is taking him ove rthe limit as Morlo and other crew members try to help however they can.
    As Kristiel's head is chopped out clean, Ikah finally gives in to what has been growing inside of him, His ribcage opens up like a blossoming flower shedding gory remains all over the ship deck's!

And from the mess emerges a horrible but familiar face!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

For a solid couple of seconds Baah'Torc looks around, muttering "This is..." and then shouting "IT WORKED! AH-HA!" He pumps his fist in celebration and finally notices that he burst forth from some poor sap, flinging bits of viscera in his brief burst of joy. He whispers in awe "I thought I wouldn't get born again again." Only then does he notice that he's actually the gray slaad he really is and not one of the humanoid forms he'd masquerade as, promptly opting for invisibility with a yelp.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Here's an initiative if it matters too much: (1d20+10)[27]

Standard: I'm just gonna use my SLA to cast Invisibility on myself.
    This is fine.

I'll also start studying for my Death Attack against that beast in case that could actually work.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Reiger glances at the large Grey frog, but turns his attention to his closest flying foe. He reaches out towards the flier, and closes his fist before pulling his fist down, as if he might rip him out of the sky.

Spoiler: legions undeniable gravity
    Show

Dc 22 will save, or fall 60 ft a round until reaches the ground/water. Cannot fly for 17 minutes. No effect if passed.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Malach raises his upper lip revealing his prominent canines and his vampiric heritage, in effect hissing at the thing as it pushed him away with a savage attack. He tilted his head to the side, as if observing prey for the first time. Sucking in air through his teeth and tongue, making a squeak, he suddenly moved as if made out of smoke, it turned out Halphax was doing a perfectly good job at helping him, and whats the saying? if it ain't dead, don't raise it?

He sprung into action once more, slicing and slashing at the thing with shadowy barbs and flashes of himself.

Halphax was going to be furious, but that was an issue for later.

Spoiler
    Show

(you only lose your swift when you use an immediate action NOT during your turn)
    Immediate/swift action to suppress Halphax for 1 round with Leech the Void, to make the thing he's hitting flat-footed
    Free action: use 3 uses of Unseen Weapon to increase reach to 10ft.
    Free action: 5ft step towards monster
    Full attack:
    Attack 1 - (1d20+27)[10](10) (crit threat on 17-20)
    Damage - (1d10+12)[20]
    Sneak Attack Damage - (9d6)[5][3][4][5][2][3][2][2][1](27)
    Sneak Attack Damage reroll 1's - (9d6)[1][6][5][2][2][4][5][3][1](29)
    DC fort (damage taken) or be staggered for 1 round (staggering Strike)

Attack 2 - (1d20+22)[11](11) (crit threat on 17-20)
    Damage - (1d10+12)[15]
    Sneak Attack Damage - (9d6)[4][6][2][1][4][3][1][6][5](32)
    Sneak Attack Damage reroll 1's - (9d6)[4][5][4][1][2][3][2][5][4](30)

Attack 3 - (1d20+17)[12](12) (crit threat on 17-20)
    Damage - (1d10+12)[20]
    Sneak Attack Damage - (9d6)[5][4][4][1][5][2][6][1][2](30)
    Sneak Attack Damage reroll 1's - (9d6)[3][3][5][3][5][6][6][1][1](33)

Malach BoodRaven
    m LE Human (outsider) Binder 12/KofSS 5 || Rogue 7//shadowblade 10, Init +11
    HP 100/161, DR magic & adamantium/10 (suppressed for 1 round), Speed 40ft, 60 (average)
    AC 32, Touch 20, Flat-footed 27
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Stats Str 20, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 26
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    +2 profane to-hit/damage vs flat footed foes
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    See through all kinds of darkness
    Hide in plain site
    Telepathy
    Alien Mind (immune to confusion, insanity, and weird spells; and +4 vs mind-affecting effects)
    Alien form (pseudonatural template)

Abilities
    Expel Vestige (0/1/day)
    Law devotion (1/1/day)
    Trickery Devotion (1/1/day)
    Unseen Weapon (8/14/day)
    Leech the Dying (3/3/day)
    Leech the Void: (2/4/day;immediate)
    Touch of the Void (-/5/rounds)
    Rebuke undead (-/5/rounds)

Iron wall (-/5/rounds) (1 round)
    Secure Shelter (-/5/rounds) (1 round)
    Vestige's Protection (+8 ac/insight, swift; -/5/rounds)
    Vestige's power (+2 str/con, +10 ft speed, +4 will;1 rnd; swift; -/5/rounds)
    Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)
    Summon Alien (-/5/rounds)
    Bolts of Madness (1/5/rounds; 270ft will or be dazed for 1d3 rounds)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous
    • Halphax (bad bind: Halphax seems to have lost all memory of his life as well as any feeling of guilt or shame for his actions. Thus, when you are under his influence, you lose any normal sense of shame or embarrassment. However, if someone threatens a hostage you care about - be it a creature or an item - Halphax requires that you accede to the hostage taker's demands.)

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Malach steps into an attack right as the creatur starts dropping form the sky, he manages to hit the bloodfiend once with deadly accuracy, goiging one of the beast's eyes.

It screams in pain and falls towards the black waters, unable to fly. But jus before hitting the waters it teleports to the blood raft and lets out a chilling scream! He looks straight into the eyes of Reiger, searching for the mage's soul behind the mask and then launches a blast of chaotic energy towards reiger and Malach!

Show
    Will halves 23 damage and prevents the Slow effect

The Other creature charges yanes and Baelith on the aftercastle of the Tigress landing two solid blows a piece, Baelith manages to roll with one of the attacks and dashes towards the creature with her blades feinting the Bloodfiend to create an opening! One of her blades gets stuck in the mast but she manages to land a solid cut in the beast leg! Her attacks cut true the udead beast as if she was able to hit it like a living foe!

Yanes is bitten by the creature, he yells and turns into a Polar Bear, But his claws miss the creature.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

For another second Baah'Torc just ponders before yelling out [b]"Alright! Heerrree wee goooo!" He activates his bracers and leaps into the air before bringing his spiked chain down upon the creature on the same boat as he!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Alright then.
    Swift Action: Activate Deathstrike Bracers to let me sneak attack undead. I'd still have to wrassle with Fortification if that matters.
    Move Action: Move to E24.
    Standard Action: Attempt to use Death from Above against the creature.
    Jump Check vs DC 20: (1d20+25)[27]
    Attack Roll vs Flat Footed AC: (1d20+28)[33] (including Flanking, grabbed via Island of Blades Stance, and Profane from Bracers of Murder)
    Base Damage: (2d4+17)[22] (including the 1 from flanking and 2 from BoM)
    Vicious: (2d6)[8] + (1d6)[4] to self
    Death from Above: (4d6)[13]
    Sneak Attack: (4d6)[6][5][2][1](14) (that 1 gets rerolled as a 4)
    Sudden Strike: (2d6)[5][3](8) I'll reroll on discord and edit it in if needed.

68 damage total if all my bells and whistles apply?
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2023-12-30 at 10:47 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Lets wait to deal with you then."

Thinking the demons ability to teleport might be based on line of sight or line of effect, reiger weaves an arcane spell that summons a hemisphere of ice to trap the foe.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Wall of ice, DC 22 reflex to avoid trapped
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Malach sighs, the damned thing was quick, and smart. Very smart, it was annoying him, with another sigh of resignation, he falls back to Zceryl, he was such a crutch, but hey....well, nothing, he was a crutch, but Malach didn't care.

HE pulled the stars apart, and called forth a veritable wall of living, chitinous flesh, it lumbered forward and was almost the size of the raft, it's many, many feet crunching into the ground as it stormed toward the creature , attempting to bite at it and pull it close to it's body.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Summon a Fiendish Monstrous Centipede, Colossal with Summon Alien ability within reach of the one i've been targeting (it's colossal, so i don't know if it will even fit, lol)
    It instantly attacks and attempts a grapple (triggering an AOO)
    touch attack - (1d20+18)[34]
    Damage - (4d6+12)[25] + poison Con save DC 23 or Dex Damage - (2d6)[7]
    opposed grapple - (1d20+42)[51]

Malach BoodRaven
    HP 77/161, DR magic & adamantium/10 (suppressed for 1 round), Speed 40ft, 60 (average)
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site
    Telepathy
    Alien Mind (immune to confusion, insanity, and weird spells; and +4 vs mind-affecting effects)

Abilities
    Expel Vestige (0/1/day)
    Law devotion (1/1/day)
    Unseen Weapon (8/14/day)

Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)
    Summon Alien (5/5/rounds)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous
    • Halphax (bad bind: Halphax seems to have lost all memory of his life as well as any feeling of guilt or shame for his actions. Thus, when you are under his influence, you lose any normal sense of shame or embarrassment. However, if someone threatens a hostage you care about - be it a creature or an item - Halphax requires that you accede to the hostage taker's demands.)

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The creature jumps back, barely avoiding the Ice wall, but then, a Colossal centipede materializes curled over the layers of the floating blood clot, taking all the space and ripping through the bloodfiend's defenses with its jaws and snapping the bloodfiend in half!

Over at the Tigress, the Slaad lands a deadly blow to the other bloodfiend, spinning him around in a twisted manner. But more importantly, his Island of Blades give Baelith an opening! the captain lunges grabbing her cutlass with two hands and burying it to the hilt into the bloodfiend's back!

The beast's undead eyes open wide and utters!

My master will have your heart for this!

And then the necrotic energy that fed that unnatural body leaves it limp and dead.

Yanes reverts to his dwarven shape and immediately starts tending the crew members who have been hurt, those on deck of the Tigress feel a wave of divine energy restoring your wounds.

Show
    Mass Vigor

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Baah'Torc glances about as soon as combat is done before striking a victory pose, complete with a shouted "YEAH!" He then once again remembers his situation and shrugs, saying "Surprise, I was a slaad the entire time! Turns out Brull, Tibes, and Lori were all the same person!" Just in case someone doesn't believe the talking frog, he briefly shapeshifts into Brull. Then, since it no longer matters, he goes back to being a gray slaad.
    New job, who dis?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Reiger takes a moment to look for any lingering souls to consume into his soul gem dentures before teleporting back to the ship. His short dwarvish frame was still uneasy on the floating wood, and his attire was stained from the abbysal see. From behind a skull mask he watched the Grey slaad boisterously claim they had been members of the crew.

"A stow away huh?"
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Malach blinks as the opponents are defeated, he floats lazily towards the ship.

<Well that was fun, if anyone has healing i would appreciate a little, and who is this new comer?> he cant's to the group telepathically.

Spoiler
    Show

Malach BoodRaven
    HP 77/161, DR magic & adamantium/10 (suppressed for 1 round), Speed 40ft, 60 (average)
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site
    Telepathy

Abilities
    Expel Vestige (0/1/day)
    Law devotion (1/1/day)
    Unseen Weapon (8/14/day)

Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)
    Summon Alien (5/5/rounds)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Reiger, Kritstiel soul is the only one you can leech, but as you try to collect souls from the crew, Yanes takes a stern look at you and Baelith rises her sword.

Don't you dare, rat, these are my men!

She eyes the Slaad sideways.

Let's hurry up, I want to offload your useless rears and go back to real seas. Your boss is not paying me enough.

Yanes throws diamond dust over a few of the crew members and brings them back to life.

Captain, it's going to be difficult to go on sailing like this. We need to make it to Divide's Ire today to repair the ship.

Meanwhile, on the bloodclot, the caged angel yells to all of you!

Hey! Hey! Let's talk! Help me out! The name is Azael! LET ME OUT and my master will reward you!

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    the blod clot is made of layers and there's a lower deck, accessible by shifting them around. Inside, you find the treasure held by the Bloodfiends:

Gems and pearls worth 2000 pp,
    a ring of improved swimming (still around an ogre looking finger)
    a periapth of wound closure

the bloodfiends
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-01-08 at 04:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

From beneath the skull mask comes a sound, mimicking the chitter of a rat.

"If you already own them, I suppose you would have first dibs."

Reiger begins his own inspections to aid in ship repairs with his ability to shape metal.
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

With a great big ole smile, Baah'Torc waves at everyone. Then one fluid motion he taps his mouth in thought before he calls out joyfully "Nope! I could shatter things real good, though! Or animate objects?" He then spaces out for a moment before snapping back to attention and idly muttering "Shoot, I don't even know if Polymorph would work." He then glances at the caged angel and squints his eyes at it, seeing if those names ring any bells, and idly mentions "Oh and I'm Baah'Torc. Been a few things for the... pod? group? Army. Yeah, Army."

Spoiler: Religion/Planes Check?
    Show
    Just for funsies on that Azael name: (1d20+16)[32]
    -5 if Religion instead of Planes.
    New job, who dis?