New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Servants of Vecna: Into the Maw

Malach and Samson manage to sustain the wave and the subsequent whipping of the ship. And as the crew works frantically to right the prow towards the coming current and set the rig to bring the wind in, you see what’s trailing you as it rests its head over the water and lashes out a huge tentacle grabbing one of the sailors and crushing the life out.

Those in the dark foul waters can barely see as you plunge in. Whispers reacts quickly and reaches out to graze the other sailor’s arm and teleport back to deck.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Malach growls and bears his teeth as the ship is basically submerged by the brackish abyssian waters of the teeth, he manages to keep up and stay on board, not so for a few lost souls. As he was working to stay on board, he noticed a dark shadow watching them, and then suddenly it breeches the waves, cresting like a leviathan of old, he narrowed his eyes, and moved to the closest railing, he drew a magical dagger from his bracer, held it up and regarded the creature, and then let it dissipate, that wasn't going to help here.

"I'm not sure what I can do here!" he yelled into the storm, for anyone nearby, or no one in particular.

Spoiler
    Show

Malach BoodRaven
    m LE Human (outsider) Binder 12/KofSS 5 || Rogue 7//shadowblade 10, Init +11
    HP 161/161, DR magic & adamantium/10, Speed 40ft, 60 (average)
    AC 32, Touch 20, Flat-footed 27
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Stats Str 20, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 26
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    +2 profane to-hit/damage vs flat footed foes
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    See through all kinds of darkness
    Hide in plain site

Abilities Law devotion (1/1/day), Trickery Devotion (1/1/day), Unseen Weapon (14/14/day), Leech the Dying (3/3/day), Leech the Void: (4/4/day;immediate), Touch of the Void (-/5/rounds), Rebuke undead (-/5/rounds), Iron wall (-/5/rounds), Secure Shelter (-/5/rounds), Vestige's Protection (+8 ac/insight, swift; -/5/rounds), Vestige's power (+2 str/con, +10 ft speed, +4 will;1 rnd; swift; -/5/rounds), Vestige Surge (1/1/day)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous
    • Halphax (bad bind: Halphax seems to have lost all memory of his life as well as any feeling of guilt or shame for his actions. Thus, when you are under his influence, you lose any normal sense of shame or embarrassment. However, if someone threatens a hostage you care about - be it a creature or an item - Halphax requires that you accede to the hostage taker's demands.)

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristiel smiles at the creature as he activates his Boots of Teleportation, disappearing with a slight pop while leaving a temporary hole in the water. Reappearing moments later just past the edge of the ship.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Boots of Teleportation used to teleport to W10 40' in the air above the boat.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Back to the ship, Whispers realize there is a massive sea monster threatening the ship. Not good, he thinks.

Spoiler: Dodge
    Show
    He's dodging the kraken.
    He's immune to bonus damage from Power Attack while dodging it.

Clenching his gloved right hand, Whispers begin focusing in the sea monster and utters a magical syllabe, making his sigils flash pinkish for a moment. He looks pleasant and friendly, wave at it, all smiles and flirt.

"Hey, friend! Check out those reefs over there for me, please!", he greets the beast in Abyssal.

Spoiler: Quick Cast - Mass Charm Monster
    Show
    Will save DC 21 or be charmed.

I believe we have start threatening, but if he's already considered threatened he gets a +5 on the save.

If it has Spell Resistance, here's a penetration check: (1d20+17)[23]

His next actions depend on the result of his enchantment. Should it works, he'll alert the crew mentally to not harm it and let it go away. One dead sailor would be a cheap cost to travel these waters safely and not worthy engaging it.

Should his attempt for friendship fails, he frowns and keep waving at it, but now iis sigils burn black and he sends forth a wailing cone of dread.

Spoiler: Wave of Fatigue
    Show
    Causing fatigue to it, no save.

If Spell Resistance, here's another penetration check: (1d20+17)[36]
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Reiger looks to Samson with a tilted hood, confusion apparently.

"A boat? Why would we need a boat? What good is a boat? Cept to take us away from our home. Dwarves don't travel much because everything we need is in our mountain home. Even the dwarves of the hills are not apt to move around much. Though.... now that you mention it.... a metal shield will float upon the water if laid flat, you would only need to expand upon that, a very wide metal boat indeed, would only be suitable for large lakes. More of a floating village I suppose."

Having been excellently distracted by Samson, reiger continues to muse and mumble.
    "If we get out of this I'll be happy to help you try that plan out" he says with a chuckle, but he grimaces as he sees the kraken appear.
    he considers opening with what limited evocation he had prepared today, but seeing his teammate attempt to charm it he decided on a different tactic, he mutters arcane words to transform his body, growing large black wings and a poison dripping tail, scales all along his body taking the form of a Black Abishai. He then beats his newfound wings to liftoff ready to engange the glorified squid with his sword.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

spending one inspiration point to cast Extended Fiendform to take the form of a Black Abishai, also designating the kracken as the target of Dodge, rendering Samson immune to power attack bonus damage

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Reiger steadies himself upon the deck looking at the great creature. He slips a fingerbone from his pocket as he flips it up before catching it.

"Water above, water surrounds, Water within be gone, drain drain away, make me a tasty jerky snack!"

He holds the bone out towards the Kraken as a dry wind blows from behind him towards the Kraken, Dehydrating its flesh. The Finger bone, etched in runes dissintegrates in his palm

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dessicate Mass with Black Lore of Moil, DC 25 Fort save for half damage and negate Dehydration effect

(10d8)[51] Dessication Damage
    (4d6)[8] Negative Energy Damage

"We gotta get out of here, Captain?!"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-09-27 at 07:28 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Kraken shrugs Whispers mental order with a slipery mind and a cackle.

I love rebellious food! I relish it! It utters in a deep articulated common before flailing its tentacles and arms in a flurry of attacks.

The inhumane claw misses Samson, and captain Baelith manages to dodge a sweeping tentacle, that grazes her hair. Even Kristel, feeling safe up above has to dodge a surging tentacle attack that lunges at him.

But Reiger, Malach, and Whispers are not quick enough, the tentacles hit them in full force and immediately wrap around them in a deadly embrace. Then the ship hull is hit from below, shaking it.

The Kraken emits a deep sound, you wouldn't be blamed if you took it for a manic laughter. It saps the courage of those frail of heart, and some of the crew members are swept by panick.

Captain Baelith knows the effect very well.

Oh! not my crew you glorified fish! not my Ship!

She yells her own orders and flying insults!

Move, you wet rats! Still the ship and right the course! Or I swear by Shax I will feed your bones to the abysal shrimps! Move! Fight!

The crew reacts with a collective Ay! Captain! and rushes to grab the rigs and untangle the ship.

But the ship does not move!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Whisper is surprised as both of his spells fails to affect the monstrous kraken.

The beast's tentacle come to get him, managing to slap him and but fail to take hold as Whisper's previous spell make him impossible to grasp and allow him he effortlessly slip away. But not before he retaliate the tentacle with a flurry of baton strikes.

With another spark from his floating sigils, his baton turn pitchblack and hum with arcane surge, as he beatdown the tentacle with incredible strength.

Spoiler: Wraith Arcane Power Attack
    Show
    Power Attack of 17, swift action to cast Wraithstrike and burning a 5th level spellthief spell slot to fuel arcane strike.

1st [roll1d20+21[/roll] dmg (6d8+48)[75] plus (5d4)[11] (23 to hit)
    2nd [roll1d20+21[/roll] dmg (6d8+48)[77] plus (5d4)[14] (20 to hit)
    3rd [roll1d20+21[/roll] dmg (6d8+48)[72] plus (5d4)[13] (26 to hit)
    4th [roll1d20+21[/roll] dmg (6d8+48)[67] plus (5d4)[11] (12 to hit)

Messed the attack rolls so posted in the discord channel for: 23, 20, 26 and 12 to hit touch AC.

"Get your tentacle away from me, beast! You should have take the cue and left with your life but too late now: guess we'll have squid for lunch".
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2023-09-30 at 07:20 PM.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Able to slip out of the tentacles of the Abyssal Foe due to the magical protections granted to him, Reiger adjusts as his Normal Skull face shifts to that of a purple skinned wrinkled old man. A roughly circular tangle of arcane runes appears where the visage’s mouth should be. His Arcane might now enhanced, he creates a circle with his pointer fingers and thumbs and defensively casts as he blows arctic wind through the circle as a Ray of pure Frost blasts out towards the Tentacled Foe.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    (1d20+23)[33] Concentration DC 23 for Defensive Casting

(1d20+7)[17] vs Ranged Touch AC

(19d6)[77] Cold Damage, No Save
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Malach growled as he was taken over by the strong grasping tentacle that threatened to draw him into the resulting maw on the other end, not withstanding the abyssal sea below that, knowing he couldn't compete with such brute strength, he summoned the darkness of a vestige that shared his soul, he felt it's gaze shift, like a huge lidless eye focusing upon him as he did. Like a shadow, he flickered from the grasp of the tentacle, and appeared some place away, where his vulture like batwings took him further into the sea air.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Vessel of Emptiness: Flicker (Su) ability to teleport 40ft out of the tentacle grappling him, and then flying away even further than that.
    Move action: fly 30ft up (60ft at double movement)

Malach BoodRaven
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site

Abilities Law devotion (1/1/day), Trickery Devotion (1/1/day), Unseen Weapon (14/14/day), Leech the Dying (3/3/day), Leech the Void: (4/4/day;immediate), Touch of the Void (-/5/rounds), Rebuke undead (-/5/rounds), Iron wall (-/5/rounds), Secure Shelter (-/5/rounds), Vestige's Protection (+8 ac/insight, swift; -/5/rounds), Vestige's power (+2 str/con, +10 ft speed, +4 will;1 rnd; swift; -/5/rounds), Vestige Surge (1/1/day), flicker (1/2/day)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous
    • Halphax (bad bind: Halphax seems to have lost all memory of his life as well as any feeling of guilt or shame for his actions. Thus, when you are under his influence, you lose any normal sense of shame or embarrassment. However, if someone threatens a hostage you care about - be it a creature or an item - Halphax requires that you accede to the hostage taker's demands.)

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

11. - Top - End - #41

OldWizardGuy

Samson growls at the squid he makes false openings in his stance to entice the creature to hit him. He nods to Lorna, who pulls out a pair of wands before turning invisible.
    Samson beats his massive demonic wings to bring himself aloft before diving towards the monster. Given his flight over to the monster he can only hit it once just this second, but the blade helps guide his strike and he's in position to do more soon

"Dont worry captain, when I slice this beast into calimari the whole crew will have plenty to eat" he shouts cockily
    Show

Free action activating Robiliar's gambit (-4 to AC, get a free AOO when someone tries to attack me)
    sword independently activates Bless, hitting Samson, Lorna the imp and Malach
    move action to move up to the main body of the cracken and
    standard action, swing
    [dice]1d20+34[/dice] to hit
    [dice]2d6+19+1d6[/dice] damage, last 1d6 is fire

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristiel looks down at the Kraken and sighs a bit, "STOP!"

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Casting Hold Monster DC 19
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Reiger and Whisper prove too slippery for the Kraken. Whisper retaliating with a flurry of attacks, full of rage! The Spellthief sunders one of the creature's tentacles blundering it down to pulp as the enraged beast hits back at him screaming in anger, hitting Whispers twice.

Reiger's cold attack hits the creature squarely, but the depths of the Abysal Ocean where the Kraken dwells are colder than anything Reiger can throw at it and there's no success in that approach.

Samson valiantly flies towards the creature's maw, slashing it's face and opening himself to attacks. The Kraken swings a clawed arm at him that strikes Samson gashing through the left side of his armor and then takes the cursed knight's hit full force.

The beast shrugs off Kristiel's mental order as it sinks further into the water for a second, before lifting the ship 20 feet off the water, it's tentacles wrapping around the rig and the hull of the ship as easily as an orc grabs a mug of ale. Three men fall from deck as the ship tips violently, Baelith unable to resist the pull with her sailing prowess and barely keeping hold of the ships steer as the tentacles raise and flail around the ship aiming at the mast and the sails!

The kraken shrieks maniacally

Come swim with me you little fish, come swim with me!

Baelith manages to incorporate on the edge of the ship and pulling ot her cuttlass she dives into the dark waters with a deep scream!

I'll gut you, beast!

Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2023-10-06 at 06:30 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Gah!"

Reiger folds and rolls off the edge of the deck, unable to stop himself, just as he would have hit the waves, he falls into a dimensional fold, depositing him back on deck, wedged with the railing to prevent further falling.

"Accursed seafood!"

Weaving magic from his mask, 5 bolts of arcane might blast from the arcane sigils from his face covering.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Dimensional slide back up to the deck and then!

Magic Missile!
    (5d4+5)[13]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-10-06 at 08:30 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

As the kraken took hold of the ship and began playing with it like a toddler with a toy, Whspers loses balance and go straight for the edge of the ship, his heavy armor breaking the railing and droping into a blind fall into the dark dangerous waters.

"At least, close to the beast", the illumian whispers in everyones' mind, "Will try to kill it now, be sure to hold onto something and try not fall on me".

Despite his sigils giving poor illumination and his mithral heavy armor, Whisper's sense were heightened to supernatural finesse and he freely swims closer to the kraken's body and to beat him in his own environment. Not being able to speak magical chants underwater, he decides not to cast any spell: his club will do the talking now.

Spoiler: Arcane Power Beatdown
    Show
    Will spend a 4th level duskblade spell to for Arcane Strike. Power attack of 7.

No Wraithstrike since he cant speak under water, even though he can whisper mentally.

He's activating his club bloodstone's ability in the first strike: it holds a vampiric touch and makes it empowered. Free action to trigger.

1st attack (1d20+30)[39] dmg (6d8+28)[57] plus (4d4)[8]
    Empowered Vampiric Touch (8d6)[33] x1,5 for: 49 damage.

2nd attack (1d20+25)[34] dmg (6d8+28)[60] plus (4d4)[10]
    3rd attack (1d20+20)[33] dmg (6d8+28)[48] plus (4d4)[11]
    4th attack (1d20+15)[32] dmg (6d8+28)[57] plus (4d4)[10]
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2023-10-06 at 01:58 PM. Reason: calculated the empowered damage

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Flying above the roiling abyssal ocean, Malach tilted his head to the side, this was definitely not what he was expecting to deal with today.

Pulling out a shiny dagger from his bracers, he toyed with the idea of watching his companions try to deal with this abomination, perhaps he could help? He doubted it would work, but who knew? He then vanished in a silent puff of midnight, as a deep, dark shadow surrounded him and billowed outwards like a nightmarish fog.

Spoiler
    Show

Stay flying, so hover.
    Use Deeper darkness out to 60ft, this impedes even darkvision. 20% miss chance for anyone inside.

Malach BoodRaven
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site

Abilities
    Law devotion (1/1/day)
    Trickery Devotion (1/1/day)
    Unseen Weapon (14/14/day)
    Leech the Dying (3/3/day)
    Leech the Void: (4/4/day;immediate)
    Touch of the Void (-/5/rounds)
    Rebuke undead (-/5/rounds)
    Iron wall (-/5/rounds)
    Secure Shelter (-/5/rounds)
    Vestige's Protection (+8 ac/insight, swift; -/5/rounds)
    Vestige's power (+2 str/con, +10 ft speed, +4 will;1 rnd; swift; -/5/rounds)
    Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous

Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-10-11 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristiel looks down at the Kraken and smiles a mournful smile, then teleports to the body of the beast and attacks.

”Protect the ship, if she goes the rest of us go as well!”

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

(1d20+37)[39] Attack
    (2d6+23)[31] damage
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-10-13 at 06:04 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

18. - Top - End - #48

OldWizardGuy

Samson growls as he flies in and amongst the flailing tentacles. He grunts as one tentacle manages to successfully strike him and slices it back for the effort. He is annoyed at both it and the other villains
    "funny, I don't see you taking your own advice"
    But then he turns his attention fully to his actual opponent, carving into it with his sword and stabbing it with his new tail and teeth. He roars a demonic screech at the kracken, howling in abyssal an ascertain of dominance and of the kracken's doom, all the while his blade does not stop
    Show

aoo from it attacking me (1d20+34)[36] (3d6+19)[29]

full attack this round
    Blade attack 1 (1d20+34)[53] (3d6+19)[28]
    Blade attack 2 (1d20+29)[42] (3d6+19)[35]
    blade attack 3 (1d20+24)[37] (3d6+19)[27]
    blade attack 4 (1d20+19)[28] (3d6+19)[28]
    the last d6 on each blade attack is fire
    bite (1d20+27)[36] (1d6+11)[17]
    Tail (1d20+27)[29] [roll]1d6+2d4+11[/roll] (the 2d4 is acid

swift action intimidate to demoralize (1d20+30)[41]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Kristiel and Samson attack the creature with terrifying strength, cutting directly at its face and dodging the flailing tentacles and arms. But the real damage happens below water, where Whispers and Baelith combine to sunder and smash the tentacles grappling the ship, Whispers can see the captain working her kukris with the same supernatural freedom he enjoys under water. The spellthief first attack senses the presence of spell like abilities, he also senses the creature's pain. This time the Kraken has bit more than it can chew.
    The arrogant beast wails in pain and anger as many of its tentacles are rendered useless, mangled, crushed, cleft... it releases its hold over the ship and this falls back into the foul waters with force, sending a dangerous shock through the hull and the rig that loosens the rafts on deck and the cargo below. The hull roars, as the strained materials breach and the tentacles relent their grasp.

The Kraken ejects a jet of dark ink in an impenetrable cloud that even rivals Malach's pure darkness, this is solid, almost choking, filling the water and the air around the kraken as the wounded and humbled creature jets back into the depths with stunning speed: a moment and it is gone!

An then, it all ends as swiftly as it started. Despite your poor coordination as a team and internal bickering, you dispatch the threat handily. The crew throw ropes to Whispers and Baelith. With the exception of three crew members, lost forever into the darkness of the Maw, everyone is fine. But the Tigress has sustained damage! It perilously leans starboard and the captain and her first officer look concerned.

Baelith is incensed, she curses and spits at the sea, hexing the kraken and all its kin!

"We need to drain water and repair the hull. Scum!" she speaks to her crew and to you. "Get the tools and start working fast! Or you'll never coming back to bury your pathetic faces in the bosoms of Scuttlecove lasses! Move!""

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Roll profesion (sailor) dc 25 to help out, or any Craft check or if Untrained a Dex check DC 25. 3 successes from the group mean you help and the ship is not sinking. Less than 3 successes means the tigress is damaged and loses speed and maneuverability (this matters against other ships) and must reach the shore before two days.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Working with the nails from the wrecked areas, and Runic magic to seal the holes in the hull, Reiger is constantly cursing as he wades beard deep in the water rushing into the lower hull.

"Goblin spit! Ogre Smeed!!! Hydra Curnals! Elf Tongues!!!!!"

He scribes runes of sealing, runes of barriers, runes of repulsion vs water, and runes of resistance against wear as new wood is used to seal the holes as he plucks the old nails from the old wood to be used on the new wood to repair the ship underneath.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2023-10-20 at 07:05 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Swimming back from the sea of ink to the surface, Whispers watch for a rope and climb back to the ship.

He rake a few seconds to see how painted his armor and face was but Baelith's commands are clear: he never met those Scuttlecove's lasses, but the idea to bury his face in them seemed better than sinking.

"Aye, Captain! I'm not a sailor, but I can improvise".

With a chant and glowing runes, he taps into a pool of luck to make the best sailor out of him.

Spoiler: Improvistation
    Show
    Casting Improvisation to create a pool of 34 luck bonus.

Using the maxkmjm be can for roll to raise his Profession Sailor check to 28.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristiel will take a bit and fish out the ones still in the water around the ship.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-10-21 at 08:07 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Malach see's the kraken back off and he sighed as he saw the extent of the damage to the ship, wracking his brain, he couldn't see a way to assist...but...maybe? he could bind another vestige...but who? oh yes, well.

He flies down to the deck, and tries to find an area where he can bind. Using an ability, a tiny hut appears on deck.

Once inside the hut, he focuses for a moment and expels one of the alien like entities that inhabited his soul, time for another to come take a look.

Sitting down, and bracing himself from the rocking, he began to bind a new vestige...

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if this will work, but im trying it.

Tiny Hut, should protect me from the elements for this: The hut also provides protection against the elements, such as rain, dust, and sandstorms. The hut withstands any wind of less than hurricane force

He then expels Tenenbrous, which will take 1 minute, and a binder check of 21 Binder check - (1d20+25)[35], a success means i expel but suffer a -10 to the next check, and binding tenenbrous next time.
    Then, bind/summon Zceryl DC 25 Binder check - (1d20+15)[32]
    Once bound, he will summon a Greater Water Elemental, and command it to keep the ship afloat. (wash rinse repeat for more summons as needed)
    Concentration - (1d20+4)[21] if needed

Malach BoodRaven
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site

Abilities
    Expel Vestige (0/1/day)
    Law devotion (1/1/day)
    Iron wall (-/5/rounds)
    Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous

Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-10-23 at 12:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Tigress has sustained terrible damage, not all is lost as Baelith's crew and our villains work together with might and magic to repair the damaged hull and rig and manage to patch the ship. Reiger's runes of protection, Malach's spamming elementals are of great help. The crew diligently replaces a part of the main mast rig, ruptured by the kraken's attack. But the sea is also relentless, and huge waves, as high as 50 or 60 feet rise and lower the ship, pushing it against the Maw's Teeth. Baelith's first mate's, Yañes, eyes turn white as he conjures the storms and tries to calm the weather. There's no break, no rest. For close to five hours you rush around and below deck, working magic and working mundane tools; for a carpenter's mace can sometime be more powerful than Mordenkainen's dreaded disjunction.
    The worst part of those hours, the most dangerous moment, comes when a the Baelith barely manages to ride a 60' wave that almost tilts the ship backwards, but even with her uncanny sailing, the dark foul waters fall in heavy columns like a barrage of stones thrown by stone giants. The rig almost breaks in two!
    Two men fall into the dark waters, one never to be seen again.

On deck, a few men have broken bones, crushed ribs, bleeding gashes and open wounds, but the ship finally moves through the Teeth into calmer waters.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    You can try to save one of the sailors, swimming is almost impossible, but with Freedom of Movement the DC is Swim 40. Flying is also an option, but the gale winds mean any creature smaller than huge gets blown away 60' per round and checked against the wind on a failed Fort save DC 30 and then DC 40 to bring the sailor back on board. Baelith likes when you help her crew.

The ship is in dire conditions, Baelith wants to reach Divided's Ire to make real repairs, and the water elemental and Yañes' spells help the ship move faster. But as the seas grew calmer, the ship moves more slowly. The foul almost becomes placid, the inverted wicked picture of a tropical paradise.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    What do you do?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the wind pick up, and mentally exhausted from commanding elementals Malach frowned, he was forced to stay on the deck but saw the crew members dropped over board and he instantly summoned a fiendish Giant squid in the hopes of saving those few people who could actually man this ship!

Spoiler
    Show

Ref - (1d20+16)[20] DC 20 vs 35 damage with Evasion for half (or none)

Command squid to grab crew and put them back
    https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/squidGiant.htm

Malach BoodRaven
    Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 12
    Conditions
    Darkstalker
    Evasion
    Uncanny dodge
    Immune to fear
    Slippery mind
    Cold resistance 10
    Advantage on initiative
    Hide in plain site

Abilities
    Expel Vestige (0/1/day)
    Law devotion (1/1/day)

Iron wall (-/5/rounds)
    Vestige Surge (1/1/day)
    flicker (1/2/day)

Vestiges bound:
    • Kas
    • Tenenbrous

Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-10-25 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

The Tigress goes up and down, as the abyssal waves rise all around it, making any attempt to fix the ship even more dangerous. Specially when you dont know how to fix a ship. Despise that Whispers does his best to aid the sailors fix the ship, improvising whenever possible and coordinating efforts via mass mental whispering.

He was busy helping some sailors in the deck fix the hull when a wave crashed and made the whole crew to do their best not to lose balance: Whispers did manage to get his footing, but two sailors fall overboard.

Moving as fast as he could to the edge of the ship, he holds to the railing and try to reach the sailors with a teleportation spell.

"Come back to the deck, sailors: there's an abyssal sea to sail and work to be done", he whsiper to their minds, his sigils burning violet.

Spoiler: Regroup
    Show
    Range is 65ft, and affect up to 17 willing creatures.

They teleport to be adjacent to me. If they're in range, of course.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

After hours of fighting the storm and weathering the many dangers of the Maw, the tigress sails a calm sea. However, in the midst of the calm waters, you spot a strange vessel moving in the distance about five miles away. From this distance it looks like a flat disc with a mast and no sail, a light shines on top of the mast.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kristiel flaps up to the height of the crows nest to try and get a better angle on the vessel. After a brief moment he drops back down to Baelith and makes mention of it more for conversation than anything. "There is a strange ... vessel? on the horizon."
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Look at its shape..... could be dwarven.... or a lighthouse on a reef"

Reiger looks intently at the silhouette, judging it with a lack of any nautical knowledge.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It is moving, or it appears that it is moving. It could be us." Again Kristiel takes to the air and hovers for a few moments to take his movement out of the equation.
    I like the globe warm...