New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers pt 3

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Haha, 'fight' the hunter and dwarf was a legit typo. Damn. But let's roll with it.

Bertelis looks baffled at Gimgroth for a long moment. "...Fight them? Did I say that?" He looks up at the rest of the company, whose noninterventionist gazes suggest to him that it was a fault in his speech, not the dwarf's hearing. He shakes his head slightly. "Forgive me, no. No, the hunter Le Becassin is our best chance for a knowledgable ally against the Red Knight. And the dwarf we have no quarrel with; I know resolving his quest is a matter you are pledge to. I meant only to find them."

He touches his own forehead lightly, as if he expects to feel a crack, and his brains oozing out. He glances again to Bruno.

"I am not so much better than I was when we started sparring, Bruno. And you may be the better man, over all. We have been through most of the same trials together, but you have born your suffering better. And the foes we face today are owed your wrath as much as mine - Sul Kovaar is responsible for the plaguelord's targeting of your family... The suspicion levelled upon them, and forcing you to battle your cousin back in Altdorf. Carry the blade. I will fight for what battles I can, but I must be ready to.. withdraw if the situation demands. When this is over - when we go to claim back my family's lands in Bordeleaux - I believe we will see the Dancer again. I will need it for that fight. But today... You are our sword."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

alright, so the walk is as peaceful as its gonna get in this accursed land. youd arrive at the south gate, and nobody gives you a peep, except a small waif who will walk up to sir bertelis "its time to admit the waters have grown." she will walk away, and a older man will say "better get swimming, or youll sink like a stone" other than those two weirdos, nothing

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard looks around, taking in the crumbling buildings, the stench of, well, everything and the reek of corruption.

He's also making a rough estimate of what percentage of the population might pass for non-mutants after some attention from his knives.

It's not high

He reaches up from petting Shclapp

I highly recommend not drinking the water, but you knew that

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis looks at the pitiable wretches who wander by with their cryptic rhymes. He frowns a little.. and distracts himself by asking Wighard a question in his expertise.

"Most of the folk of Mousillon are under one curse or another. Born without the right allotment of fingers, or one leg too short, or curved of back. Is there... Do you think, a line between deformity and mutation..? Is one simply the terrible extend of the other, or are they matters of a different kind entirely? Is one... more natural than the other?"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gimgroth interjects quickly but quietly They're all the same to the witch hunters. He then shuffles his boot in the dirt ashamed that he spoke out of turn.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard grimaces

If it has got to the point where a Witch Hunter has to decide if you are a mutant or not it's already too late for you

He looks at Bertelis

In theory no one in the Empire is supposed to be condemned as a mutant without a medical examination. In practice that hardly ever happens, but I keep it in my pocket in case I ever need it.

There is a difference between abnormality and mutation, but it does depend a lot on who is doing the assessing.

In practice it might not matter because part of the horror of mutation is being shunned, alienated and the deep feeling of self-loathing and resentment of others. In that case why you are different scarcely matters, chaos will get a hold of you anyway.

I have worked in a few mutantenklaven. A lot of people there aren't mutants, but if you think you are damned already and everyone tells you you are, you end up living down to expectations

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Okay then," Bruno said, taking the blade and handing over his own sword so Bertelis had a weapon. It wouldn't do to walk around here without one.
    "So, what way do we have to go."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."