New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Guards of Osteara [IC]

Due to his lack of tact, Ingo passed on the questioning, but did take a look at their belongings. First, he took a moment to focus himself and made use of the most rudimentary divination at his disposal to decipher magic auras. With this, he attempted to get a sense of what auras, if any, where present. Second, if he detects nothing he’ll simply glance over it. If he detects a single aura on each scroll and not much else, he’ll make use of a magic comprehension spell and take a glance. If he detects more than one aura on a scroll and/or an aura on any of the other items, then before glancing at the scroll he’ll refocus himself to enhance his senses and scan them before making further use of his magic.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Using the basic divine ability, which is essentially Detect Magic and on the knowledge arcana check taking 10 for 18 total to determine the school of any auras if present

(1d20+7)[17] perception #1
    (1d20+7)[13] perception #2

Spending a spell point on Read Magic if an aura is detected from the scrolls

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

"That's right. I'm...um...looking for my sister. She gad been talking to me about...um...being to make some money helping with...um...something new down here on the docks and the last person she was...um...seen with had the same tattoo as him." Rose stops to point at the person I came in with. "Her and my little brother are all I have after our Mum died." I tell the dwarf. "Have you seen her?" I ask.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

"I've an idea," Garren quietly let on to the Sergeant while the prisoners were still unconscious. "I didn't have my Watch tabard or weapon in there, and my badge was hidden. And I don't think either of 'em saw you. If they don't know I'm with the Watch, we could have someone else question 'em when they come to. Then I could go in at night, as though I'd snuck in, and question 'em again. Pretend I'm working for the same people, or a rival, or whatnot. Might get a lead on a whole smuggling ring. Or," he added, "I could question 'em both times—the first time with the badge, the second time without, if you follow. Make 'em think they have a man on the inside."

Spoiler
    Show

Perception on the Scrolls: (1d20+6)[13]

Garren will leave the search for magical traps to those with the expertise.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aidan recognizes the tattoo as matching the one Alexis had described. Mark of the supposedly defunct Twilight Horn gang. The guild mark he also recognizes as what it is. Another guild, his guild's upper brass would know more.

For Rose, the dwarf gazes at her. "Might have. What's she look like?" he asks.

Spoiler: Rose
    Show
    Just making sure here, is Rose using her sister as a ruse, or genuinely looking for her here?

Back at the guardhouse, Ingo recognizes both scrolls as magic. One bears a spell, the other a faint aura of Transmutation. The latter seems to be a shopping list for groceries. Written on a scroll, rather than a scrap of parchment.

The spell scroll, analyzed with Read Magic, holds a Teleport from Warp Sphere, as the basic talent.

Sergeant Calgar nods. "They would recognize you as the one that beat them up." he says. "Though if they think you're just muscle for hire, that could still work. I'll see to their initial interrogation."

Spoiler: Interrogation
    Show
    The interrogation got some results. They claim that their package was stolen, which matches what you learned at the scene.
    The gnome claims that he is associated with a powerful noble and made threats about consequences.
    The man, Marg, claims to have been there just to carry the package, but let slip that it was picked from a drop point in the sewers. He won't say more.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Rose taps her chin as she thinks. "Well her name is Lily and she has short red hair like mine, She prefers to wear workmen's clothes instead of a dresses. Her nose been broken at least twice and and she's covered in tattoos. Most of them she did herself..." Rose just realizes that telling them what her real sister looks like might not be the best idea. "So have you seen her?" She ends lamely. One of her hands goes to her component pouch.

To Aidan she tries to send, "I could use some help any time now. Or, at least, a distraction?"
    Last edited by DarkTogashi; 2024-01-13 at 01:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fancy shopping list. There's a code in there, I'd bet, even if I can't see it," Garren remarked. "Other than that, if we can't convince those two to talk any more, we gotta wait for what the others have found."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Aidan nods hearing Rose's request, “Hear you, 'Big Sis'.” he says and begins kicking the door to the sub level, as he takes off his cloak tossing up above the door, “Wait'.”, the druid order's his companion, as the cloak clumsily hoved over the door waiting to drop.

“Let's, hope Alex can hear me...” he thinks as he yells and kicks the door.

"Rose! Rose! I want my sister! Help! Help! I want my sister!”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Readied action: Brat drop over the head of whoever opens the door, while Aidan tries to squeeze inside quickly.
    Acrobatics - (1d20+6)[15]
    Active Spells:
    Shield Speech; Duration: 10 minutes
    Bestow Intelligence on Rat; Duration: Until Next Rest
    Shifting Disguise; Duration: Until changed; Disguise DC: 22
    Spell Points: 2 / 5
    Draw Magic Count: 1 (Rat - Bestow Intelligence)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I saw her a few days back" the half-orc muses. "Wait... You're the other flower girl. Tulip?" he says, wondering. "No, that wasn't it..."

There's an urgent knock on the door, and Rose can hear Aidan shout through the door. Likewise, Alexis can hear the shouts as well. Inside, the thugs are distracted, and the dwarf moves to open the door, only to get a faceful of cloak. Aidan slips past him, and sees the interior. The half-orc sitting near Rose, the thug they followed here leaning to a wooden support beam some feet away, and the dwarf by the door struggling with the sudden cloak.

Spoiler: Alexis
    Show
    You can reach the doors with a double move and give some backup, in case it becomes violent.

Sergeant Calgar examines the parchment as well. "You said it was magic?" he asks Ingo. "Could be an illusion. Right reader sees a different text.

(Arcana or Spellcraft)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We're going to play a bit fasst and loose with the time here. I think Garren can try his hand at presenting himself as a man on the inside with the prisoners. He could arrange himself to be 'thrown in with them' as well, to help them escape, or try and convince the sergeant for something more involved if he wants.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2024-01-25 at 05:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

"I could try to convince 'em I'm their man on the inside—had to knock 'em out to make it look convincing, with them cornered in a hole and all. It'd be a hard sell though." Garren frowned as he pondered.

"Best angle, I think, is to go to the Gnome's cell at night as though I were sent to suicide him, if you follow. Finish what I was about to do back in the bolt hole, but couldn't with a Watch Sergeant looking right over my back. Then I ask him why I shouldn't kill him, and see what he spills. Worst he can do is call my bluff, I s'pose."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

”I detected transmutation and no illusion, but regardless, I suppose it does warrant further study.” As such, Ingo looked back at the list and attempted to figure out what it was.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    (1d20+8)[26] Spellcraft

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sergeant Calgar nods to Garren. "Creative." he says to his second idea. "Of course you can't actually go through with it. We'll see if we can get more information when the other team returns."

Ingo examines the scroll further. He is able to determine that it is affected by the Secret Page spell. There page has been shifted to a different text, with another hidden by a command word. Likely known to the gnome. It can also be disrupted with magic.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren merely grunted. "Cloak 'n' dagger was never my strongest suit anyway. If we can't get the Gnome to talk, does the Watch know some mage in town who can force those hidden words out the page?"