New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE OOC

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Whew what a time to be sick myself. I've had the 48 hour bug (with my kids getting it too).
    Welcome back to the world of the healthy, by the way! (Kids truly are the bringers of pestilence!)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Whew what a time to be sick myself. I've had the 48 hour bug (with my kids getting it too). I will try to read IC and get any posting I need done before the skip, but if I miss it, no problem.
    Was getting nervous that maybe I lost another player. Happy to hear you are on the mend. Everyone posted their updates so I'll get to a proper IC post later today.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Welcome back to the world of the healthy, by the way! (Kids truly are the bringers of pestilence!)
    They are aren't they?! I haven't been sick in about 10 years, but I have a 4 yo in school now, so it was bound to happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Was getting nervous that maybe I lost another player. Happy to hear you are on the mend. Everyone posted their updates so I'll get to a proper IC post later today.
    Yea, I figured you might be. I try not to disappear, most of the time sickness doesn't seem to onset so suddenly, but this was all at once and totally unable to move.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

On my phone late at night but wanted to check in and say there should be an update tomorrow I've had the work week from hell.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

On my phone late at night but wanted to check in and say there should be an update tomorrow I've had the work week from hell.
    Been there and it sucks. Hope things settle down!
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

John calls out "Ma'am, calm down! No need to bang down the door." He pulls out his standard issue security flashlight and holds it at his shoulder as he approaches about 3 feet from the door and calls "What is going on? The mall is closed." He is glancing between her and the car just behind her, assessing any potential threat.
    Rogue Alchemist let's see some rolls from you here? If you can give a Willpower + Intimidation check or another social skill of your choice to calm the lady down. And a Perception + Notice to see how much John can glean from peering outside into the dark. Don't forget to add any appropriate bonuses from Qualities.

7. - Top - End - #37

Oof, for all his success last time, he is blinded this time, at least the reroll didn't change the result. And maybe a success on the social interaction, depending on the other modifiers. Since it is just one woman, John is able to keep pretty composed, but hopefully this doesn't spiral out of his control :)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Curious as to why the perception modifier was -5 in the second roll. You should have at least a +5 (from what I can tell) which would swing that result by 10! I think this was probably a 13 because S.A. doesn't apply yet and I'm going to treat it as such.

9. - Top - End - #39

Curious as to why the perception modifier was -5 in the second roll. You should have at least a +5 (from what I can tell) which would swing that result by 10! I think this was probably a 13 because S.A. doesn't apply yet and I'm going to treat it as such.
    In the first set of rolls, the social roll messed up, but the perception roll worked and was a 1 (+7=8), so I kept that roll and "exploded" (imploded, more like it) the dice according to the 1 rule. I also rerolled the social roll so it would take properly. I am not sure what made it mess up, as I didn't try to edit the post or anything, but them's the breaks sometimes.

As your post is already up, I don't mind if we count that first set of rolls a total failure and just take the second set of rolls. Technology being what it is and all.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Ah I see I wasn't clear on that but that makes total sense. I thought you were rerolling both rolls. Let's stick with that interpretation as the post is already up.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

With a perception roll of 12 Vincent can hear Rebecca's whispers to Katy.
    Also don't think it's been mentioned yet but Eleanor is two rows in front of Pirate gang.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, missed that. Perception 3 plus notice 3?

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10+6)[2](2)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess that's an 8? I notice nothing.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

You notice your crush leaning in to whisper something to her friend.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    I guess that's an 8? I notice nothing.
    You notice your crush leaning in to whisper something to her friend.
    Still a better track record than Katy and Betsy forgetting Giselle is within the span of 5 minutes!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Giselle broke ranks to chase Manny. She left the other girls not the other way around.

17. - Top - End - #47

Giselle broke ranks to chase Manny. She left the other girls not the other way around.
    I know. I just found it funny (hence the blue text) how none of her friends seems to have noticed she's still AWOL.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Bah the whole game is ruined I misread the mall map. Thinking that floor two was floor one and vice versa. So that's how we are going to interpret the map. Movies are downstairs. Betsy's mom and car are upstairs at the doors near the F wing. Currently I have the PCs in two locations Vince, Giselle, and Eleanor are at the movie marathon downstairs in the food court area. John and Katy are heading towards the doors upstairs to deliver Betsy to her mom and provide emotional support.

19. - Top - End - #49

(Figured about the same; it's a 2-3 split of the PCs either way, and G. staying lets her be all lazy.)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish I could preview posts without annoying the dice roller or jumping through hoops.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Well John failed another perception test with a 1, so let's see how bad it is: perception - (1d10-5)[-1]

Alright so the total will be 6-1=5, right? or does the -1 stand in place of the original 1, so that it is -1+5 = 4?
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-10-31 at 10:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Do it! LET THE DOGS OUT ZOMBIES IN!!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

This is probably fiiine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Well John failed another perception test with a 1, so let's see how bad it is: [roll0]

Alright so the total will be 6-1=5, right? or does the -1 stand in place of the original 1, so that it is -1+5 = 4?
    I believe per the chart if the first roll was a 1 + 5 and then the rule of 1 reroll was a natural 4 then the replacement roll was a -1. So the perception check would be a -1+5 = 4. With that roll I'm going to assume John unlocks the door.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

If you roll higher on initiative you may act but at this point your character's assumption is that these are rioters in makeup not zombies that would be ridiculous.
    Does that assumption prevent Hemophobic Katy from having to make a save vs. running and screaming in the opposite direction because if not, what do I roll?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I will rule that at this point Katy probably assumes its goret halloween makeup. So would that trigger her hemophobia I don't know. Once real blood gets spilled would be the time for that phobia to kick in. So I would roll a 1d10+dex and see where she falls in initiative. Depending on if actual blood is spraying places by her turn she may need to make that fear test or not.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case -

Initiative: (1d10+4)[10]
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

It says if you have fast reactions you can just go first in Initiative without rolling. I am not sure how that works if "everyone" has fast reactions, but I assume the zombies almost never do, so at least the PCs get to act before them. Also are we doing Block Initiative (where anybody who roles better than the zombies can go) or do we need to stack ourselves according to our Initiative (thus requiring us all to role and wait to see where we fall)?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

It says if you have fast reactions you can just go first in Initiative without rolling. I am not sure how that works if "everyone" has fast reactions, but I assume the zombies almost never do, so at least the PCs get to act before them.
    *checks Katy's sheet* *checks John's sheet* Thank you for bringing this up!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sure those with fast reactions would get their turn first. I am playing Mr. Mom the last few days watching our kids as my wife went on a mini vacation with her sister. Way busier than I thought.