New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I can’t edit the previous post without mucking up the roll, but I believe that’s a fail. Katy flees or is this fear table territory?
    Editing usually works fine with rolls, so long as you leave that section alone. So long as you leave the [roll0] bit alone it shouldn't mess it up. At least it always has for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Apologies got the PC mixed up. Yeah that makes sense. It would take about 10 turns to walk to the front doors but if you sprinted there you could probably make it 4 turns but I'd ask for a Constitution test to sprint there taking D4 Endurance points on a failure.
    All good, yeah I don't think she's worried enough for a sprint (yet), but I'll put an IC post up shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh! We get to roll stuff? I'll roll stuff. Perception, with Situational Awareness: (1d10+6)[8]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Ok outside waiting on John's counter to Z2. I think this will be a d10+7 so I think it's an auto success. Either by parry(martial arts) or dodge (acrobatics).
    So that means we are top of the order with turn 2.
    Setting the scene at top of turn 2.
    Z1 is trying to grab a hold of Katy
    Z2 is trying to grab a hold of John
    Z3 + Z4 are around Mendoza trying to grab and bite her.
    Z5 is trying to attack Principal Klander
    Z6 (32 pts of damage to torso) is standing up about 4 feet from Mendoza with a bullet wound in his chest.
    Ms Jones and Betsy are in the car peeling away across the parking lot.
    Rebecca is back inside the mall
    Eleanor is on approach to the scene walking casually.
    Gisselle is attempting to sleep.
    Vincent is ?

Katy is suffering from Fear for this turn and either freezes or runs.
    It is Katy and John's initiative.
    John and Katy are pre-initiative.
    Officer Mendoza 11
    Rebecca 11
    Zombies are at 10.
    Principal Klander at 10

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing as Betsy already told Katy to run, who am I to question her wisdom?

Katy flees. Do I still roll a Dodge check?
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-11-07 at 01:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

rolling here because the dice roller hates me. Dodge:(1d10+8)[12] (this is Acrobatics and Dex) Attack (1d10+6)[7] (this is MA+Dex-2 for aimed at Vital Targets)

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    rolling here because the dice roller hates me. Dodge:(1d10-5)[3] (this is Acrobatics and Dex) Attack [roll1] (this is MA+Dex-2 for aimed at Vital Targets)
    And now I get to botch the attack, great (1d10-5)[3] so it stands at a 7. maybe they can't dodge and it'll still hit.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-11-07 at 01:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vincent Perception + Notice:

(1d10+6)[2](2)

That would be an 8.
    Last edited by Kinro; 2023-11-07 at 02:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    rolling here because the dice roller hates me. Dodge:Z2Dodge - (1d10+2)[5] (this is Acrobatics and Dex) Attack [roll1] (this is MA+Dex-2 for aimed at Vital Targets)
    John's Dex is listed as a 3 on his character sheet so I think these are 1 lower.
    Z2Dodge - (1d10+2)[5] That's still going to let John's solar plexus punch hit and the 20 damage is going to knock the thing to the ground. Is there anything else that John wants to do on his turn. He already has his police baton in one hand. He could take an additional attack action with it at a -2 for additional actions.

Also if dice rolling gets botched somehow its best to leave the botched roll in there and avoid the dreaded red text "* post roll count doesn't match database"
    You can always use the s tags to strike through incorrect or botched rolls. just place the s tags around the [roll#] tags when editing.
    I'll give a chance for some other actions if John wants to try anything. Then in a few hours I'll post Mendoza, and the Zs turn.

9. - Top - End - #99

John's Dex is listed as a 3 on his character sheet so I think these are 1 lower.
    [roll0] That's still going to let John's solar plexus punch hit and the 20 damage is going to knock the thing to the ground. Is there anything else that John wants to do on his turn. He already has his police baton in one hand. He could take an additional attack action with it at a -2 for additional actions.

Also if dice rolling gets botched somehow its best to leave the botched roll in there and avoid the dreaded red text "* post roll count doesn't match database"
    You can always use the s tags to strike through incorrect or botched rolls. just place the s tags around the [roll#] tags when editing.
    I'll give a chance for some other actions if John wants to try anything. Then in a few hours I'll post Mendoza, and the Zs turn.
    It gave me the red text with my initial post. I only removed the roll text that wasn't accepted at all. I forgot you can do as many actions as you want with stacking penalties. I will post one more action of John attacking. It won't be as good as the MA attack.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Pointers about dice rolling.
    The roller hates multiple modifiers so it won't work with a 1d10+2+5-3. You need to do the math and give it 1d10+4.
    As far as I know the roller won't do multiplication but one why to write this is Damage4x - (1d4)[1]+4 for John's Martial Arts for example. Where you include the multiplier in the roll tag before the roll.
    Then it is useful to come back in to edit the post with the total and any in character test to add description to roll results.
    I believe the Z's Dex check to avoid also goes down by 2 for each attempt to avoid damage. I missed that John moved to targeting Z1. Still hits
    Z2Dodge2 - (1d10)[3]
    Z2Dodge3 - (1d10-2)[6]

Ruleof10or1AnyAbove - (1d10)[3]

So John's second blow connects doing 12 damage to Z1's left arm.

Posting an update halfway through turn 2.

Z1 (12pts damage to left arm) -1 to attacks engaged with John
    Z2 (20pts damage to vital areas) - knocked prone -now standing
    Z3 (48pts of damage to torso, 16pts of damage to right arm) - knocked prone -now standing , right arm blown off -2 to attacks.
    Z4 (64 pts of damage to torso) knocked prone-now standing
    Z5 is trying to attack Officer Mendoza.
    Z6 (32 pts of damage to torso) attacking Mendoza.
    Principal Klander, Rebecca and Katy are back inside the mall
    Vincent is ?

Officer Mendoza (4 bullets remaining) 11
    Rebecca 11
    Zombies are at 10.
    Principal Klander at 10

11. - Top - End - #101

Hm. Let's see another Perception with Situational Awareness, given the rapidly approaching Screaming!Katy: (1d10+6)[12]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Was there a teacher left in charge of the movie marathon to potentially calm people down?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Was there a teacher left in charge of the movie marathon to potentially calm people down?
    Ms. Pauline Clapton Clyde is there. (1d10+3)[11] Simple Willpower test to not lose her mind too.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Z1 (12pts damage to left arm) -1 to attacks engaged with John John roundhouse kicked to the head for 28 points of damage.
    Z2 (20pts damage to vital areas) - Engaged with John
    Z3 (48pts of damage to torso, 16pts of damage to right arm) right arm blown off -2 to attacks, Engaged with John
    Z4 (64 pts of damage to torso) engaged with Mendoza
    Z5 engaged with Mendoza
    Z6 (32 pts of damage to torso) attacking Mendoza.
    Principal Klander, Rebecca and Katy are back inside the mall
    Vincent is ?

Officer Mendoza (4 bullets remaining still had misread capacity) 11
    Zombies are at 10
    Principal Klander at 10

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Any strong objections to another player taking the slot of card trick?
    Also some rolls needed
    (1d10)[10]
    (1d10)[2]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

always should do some more rolls than anticipated because of rule of 10 and 1.
    (1d10)[1]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I say it but I don't do it.
    Rule1 - (1d10-5)[4]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

I figure helping the teacher keep order's an appropriate thing to do, so Eleanor's standing near Giselle, Vincent, and friends helping herd them and those around them over to cover.

19. - Top - End - #109

Also, G. is not trying to sleep anymore! She's been complying with the teacher's instructions as a model citizen (and contemplating ways to make Katy pay for this) since her previous post a couple days ago.

20. - Top - End - #110

Any strong objections to another player taking the slot of card trick?
    No objection from me. The more the merrier! Just make sure your sanity can handle it.

21. - Top - End - #111

Right. I forgot to answer that question. Fresh blood is good blood! I absolutely don't mind further little zombie victims.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

silus hush

strength 2
    dexterity 4
    constitution 2
    intelligence 2
    perception 2
    willpower 2

qualities

situational awareness (2)
    resistance (pain) 1
    fast reaction time (2)
    arsenal (2) +2 to perception for gathering impromptu weapons
    hit em where it hurts (2) +2 damage for impromptu weapons
    hard to kill 1 (1)

drawbacks
    unnattractiveness (-2)
    clown (-1)
    paranoid (-2)

skills

dodge 4
    firearms (handgun) 4
    notice 3
    intimidation 4
    hand weapon 3 (knife)
    hand weapon 3 (club)
    stealth 2
    martial arts 2 (spec: systema)
    first aid 2
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-01-13 at 07:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Just a heads up: Silus is a nut up or shut up kind of person

24. - Top - End - #114

Hey, bramble! Looks like there really isn't a game system you're not proficient in. (Also, who let this nutjob guy into a mall full of innocent teenagers (and Manny, the glorified drug dealer)?!)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Hey, bramble! Looks like there really isn't a game system you're not proficient in. (Also, who let this nutjob guy into a mall full of innocent teenagers (and Manny, the glorified drug dealer)?!)
    I imagine silus is the quiet kid who nobody really messes with unless you want him to cause a columbine 12 years early
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-11-13 at 03:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

oh ZM, is there any objection to me starting with a pair of heavy boots that can act as an impromptu weapon?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

No objection to Silus wearing boots of any sort. Tonight would probably be the night he'd get the least amount of stares for wearing them. Confused as to the request are you asking for a bonus to kicking with heavy boots. I don't think so. Are you going to throw them? Cue Austin Powers gif. "Come on who throws a shoe." If you were to throw them yes I'd count them as improvised weapon probably treat them as a lighter bludgeoning weapon. Kicking is already very OP so not going to provide a bonus if you kick with them.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

No objection to Silus wearing boots of any sort. Tonight would probably be the night he'd get the least amount of stares for wearing them. Confused as to the request are you asking for a bonus to kicking with heavy boots. I don't think so. Are you going to throw them? Cue Austin Powers gif. "Come on who throws a shoe." If you were to throw them yes I'd count them as improvised weapon probably treat them as a lighter bludgeoning weapon. Kicking is already very OP so not going to provide a bonus if you kick with them.
    i was asking for the boots. that was all

also can i have a walkthrough on AMFBE combat? im not that knowledgeable on the system combat

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Yep no problem with the boots and if you threw the would be improvised thrown weapons. So combat occurs in turns. There's initiative but if you have Fast Reaction Quality you go before everyone else.
    Then it gets rather complex. So on your turn you can do multiple things but you suffer a -2 to everything after one attack action and one defensive reaction. Generally in the post on your turn you will be posting rolls for all your attacks and damage if they hit as well as any reactions to attacks that occurred between your last post and the current post. These reactions should technically come before your attacks as they are reactions to things that happened prior to your turn in the current round. They could be attacks from people after you in the previous round or before you in the current round.

Generally an attack roll will be a d10+Dex+Attack Skill
    Damage will generally be the weapon damage listed in the book which is written as D# X # . This means you roll a single die and multiply by the multiplier. There are numerous exceptions to this normal damage such as bludgeoning damage doing double to the head.
    Every attack should also include a d10 roll to determine the hit location. Or you can take a negative modifier to target a specific location.

On defense you are either rolling D10+ Dex + Dodge or Dex + Acrobatics versus the attack roll. If your result equals or is greater than the attack you dodge out of the way. You can also parry if you have a weapon in which case it is Dex + Weapon Skill.

Guns are awesome and if you fire a gun you can fire multiple rounds per turn each with a cumulative -1 modifier. Generally if there is no active resistance to an attack you need to beat a 9.

Armor can come into play but so far it hasn't come into play much. It blocked one Z attack on the police woman Mendoza.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Yep no problem with the boots and if you threw the would be improvised thrown weapons. So combat occurs in turns. There's initiative but if you have Fast Reaction Quality you go before everyone else.
    Then it gets rather complex. So on your turn you can do multiple things but you suffer a -2 to everything after one attack action and one defensive reaction. Generally in the post on your turn you will be posting rolls for all your attacks and damage if they hit as well as any reactions to attacks that occurred between your last post and the current post. These reactions should technically come before your attacks as they are reactions to things that happened prior to your turn in the current round. They could be attacks from people after you in the previous round or before you in the current round.

Generally an attack roll will be a d10+Dex+Attack Skill
    Damage will generally be the weapon damage listed in the book which is written as D# X # . This means you roll a single die and multiply by the multiplier. There are numerous exceptions to this normal damage such as bludgeoning damage doing double to the head.
    Every attack should also include a d10 roll to determine the hit location. Or you can take a negative modifier to target a specific location.

On defense you are either rolling D10+ Dex + Dodge or Dex + Acrobatics versus the attack roll. If your result equals or is greater than the attack you dodge out of the way. You can also parry if you have a weapon in which case it is Dex + Weapon Skill.

Guns are awesome and if you fire a gun you can fire multiple rounds per turn each with a cumulative -1 modifier. Generally if there is no active resistance to an attack you need to beat a 9.

Armor can come into play but so far it hasn't come into play much. It blocked one Z attack on the police woman Mendoza.
    my plan is to head to the local hunting store, you know the one that always has rifles in the window, and get inside to kit up