New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Giselle is fine, I just want to throw Rebecca under the bus too make sure 'Becca doesn't get left out of the upcoming 'young lady this is not the sort of thing you joke about' lecture.
    Oh! that's entirely fai… Wait, the zombies have a bus now?!

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Anyone suspicious of the story that Klander is selling can roll a Perception + Questioning check versus Principal Klander Smooth Talking (1d10+6)[14] to see that there's signs she is hiding something.
    Sweet! Perception+Questioning, coming up: (1d10+6)[14]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Oh! that's entirely fai… Wait, the zombies have a bus now?!

Sweet! Perception+Questioning, coming up: [roll0]
    Well that seems to fit in line with Giselle's character.

3. - Top - End - #153

Well that seems to fit in line with Giselle's character.
    So… What does she get for being six points ahead?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

A BS meter going off. Giselle isn't buying what Principal Klander is selling one bit. Somethings that you've already pointed out. Katy mentioned that the rioters attacked Betsy. Principal Klander left that part out saying that they attacked the policewoman. If the situation is in hand than where is the policewoman. Giselle probably hates to admit it but she's likely to get more truth from Katy even if it's full of her dramatization or Rebecca she was up there too.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Applaud the effort to get the students at least all in one group. I was aiming for a minimum of two groups of students with John off doing his thing in the security offices.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

sorry to split off, but I don't know how else to help arm up for this in a reasonable way. He can't buy it with his resources and scavenging at his job seems a bit extreme at the moment.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Applaud the effort to get the students at least all in one group. I was aiming for a minimum of two groups of students with John off doing his thing in the security offices.
    mr ZM, im feeling silus finds a ball-peen hammer and a crowbar in some duffel bag left out by a careless craftsman. he will tuck them into his trenchcoat, and then mingle

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what I was going for, but the teacher can always insist Eleanor find a different group because the current group's a little big. She's just quietly trying to figure out what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    mr ZM, im feeling silus finds a ball-peen hammer and a crowbar in some duffel bag left out by a careless craftsman. he will tuck them into his trenchcoat, and then mingle
    I mentioned a few things in my description that could be weapons. I can't logically rationalize a duffel bag left out in the open missed by mall security pre-event sweep. We can meet in the middle with a claw hammer that was used to setup the pumpkin target game and monkey wrench that was used to mount the movie screen.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

I mentioned a few things in my description that could be weapons. I can't logically rationalize a duffel bag left out in the open missed by mall security pre-event sweep. We can meet in the middle with a claw hammer that was used to setup the pumpkin target game and monkey wrench that was used to mount the movie screen.
    that sounds acceptable

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    That's what I was going for, but the teacher can always insist Eleanor find a different group because the current group's a little big. She's just quietly trying to figure out what's going on.
    You're all doing it wrong! Parties are supposed to be in the constant state of splitting!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

I figure John will just disappear for a bit. If you need me to write anything, let me know, but I stated the intentions and I'll wait til an update has him back somewhere central to post. I know it'll take time to get there and come back. He will follow Principal Klandar's suggestion to grab a radio and bring it back too.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sure thing I would ask for at least one IC post of John in his office though. What's in there? What are his thoughts? Does he try to listen to the news before bringing a radio out? I can manage with the party split to for the time being. Vincent suggested that their group of 5? make the rounds of the outside doors and check that everything is locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    "Right. Let's start here, then?" Vincent suggested, pointing to the bottom of the theatre, to the doors on both sides. "These are fire doors. They'll lead right outside. If not immediately, then quickly enough. They're not meant to be opened from the outside, but it's almost trivial to pry them open. Depending on what kind they are, anything with a flatish bit, a crowbar, a hammer, even a flat screwdriver could get them loose."
    Point of order the movie marathon wasn't occurring in an actual theatre they had set up a movie screen in the food court with the lights off and projected a movie onto the screen everyone is seating in like folding chairs. I may have not described this well previously, so that's on me. But there are mall entrance doors on the first floor that are probably around 100 feet away. If you consult the map on the first OOC post the movie marathon is the food court area with the screen towards the main hallway and the mall entrance behind all the chairs setup.

14. - Top - End - #164

Vincent suggested that their group of 5? make the rounds of the outside doors and check that everything is locked down.
    Giselle also suggested they not do that, and began to trot off hoping she can locate Manny if she checks the most likely locations where he might be (starting with where she last saw him).

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

personally, i feel silus' theme is glory glory hallelujah from wasteland 3

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    personally, i feel silus' theme is glory glory hallelujah from wasteland 3

Hmm interesting choice for someone from the South of USA. This song was the battle song for the North during the Civil War or the War of Northern Aggression if you ask the Sons of the Confederacy.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm interesting choice for someone from the South of USA. This song was the battle song for the North during the Civil War or the War of Northern Aggression if you ask the Sons of the Confederacy.
    silus is probably a goddamn northerner. his fam is like the black sheep of this town, as they came down in the old carpetbagger rush, claimed some important resource vein, and used it up later

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I think team teen needs to decide what they want to do.
    A. Check the doors
    B. Find Manny
    C. Split and do both

19. - Top - End - #169

(I'll have it on the record that Giselle is ready to pull a C if she doesn't get traction with the others. Silus being Silus, his voicing his opinion probably helps her settle on that.)

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Katy and her Emotional Dependency flaw are going to prefer any plan that doesn’t involve splitting off from her friends.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh so that's where the map is, I kept missing that part. I did wonder if we were using an actual mall floor plan. Just to check, if Eleanor's been standing quietly off to one side eavesdropping looking for Silus, how much conversation would have been overheard? I'm assuming probably just the regular text and none of the smaller whispered parts?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

It sounds like option C is going to be what happens with maybe Silus, Vincent and Eleanor going to check the doors and Katy, Giselle, Becca and Josh going to find Manny. I mean you were just told to stay in groups of 5 so bear that in mind. Or will Vincent want to tag along as the group of 5 and leave Eleanor and Silus to check the doors. Eleanor probably overheard some of it but the small text would need like a 16 perception Notice check.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Unlikely, but might as well try for that Perception check: (1d10+5)[6] you never know, I might roll a 10. (Extra loud those panicky kids) I actually had an idea for the immediate doors at least, and we could probably all still stick together and look for this other person on the way to more distant doors, I'll post that up in a sec and we can go from there. Incidentally, I assume there's boards of some sort with maps of the mall on them, would it be reasonable enough for Eleanor to have the map committed to her Photographic Memory? Oh, and which entrance did all the commotion happen at btw? I'm seeing 4 total, I assume it was the one just below the food court on a different level?
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2023-11-17 at 01:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Well sort of I made the mistake early on of mixing up the floors. Basically I missed the labels for the floors and thought the top floor was shown above the bottom floor but that's not the case so we are switching the floors for the game. Floor 1 has the food court and movie marathon. Floor 2 was the scene of the attack, at the doors to the top right of the map's Floor One, which in our game is Floor Two.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming people are still figuring out what to do. Eleanor'll be against splitting the group (Teacher said minimum of 5 people), I'm assuming with the closest doors taken care of we can do both objectives at once, check for Giselle's 'friend' on the way to check other doors?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vincent will want to stick with Rebecca, if possible, also, his intent was to try to make sure the doors stay closed, not to open them.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The bathrooms Manny was hanging outside initially were the same ones directly off the food court where the movies were being shown, and that’s where we are now, is that correct? I know I had Katy fleeing in that direction. It looks like there are actually two bathrooms in that area.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-11-20 at 03:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    The bathrooms Manny was hanging outside initially were the same ones directly off the food court where the movies were being shown, and that’s where we are now, is that correct? I know I had Katy fleeing in that direction. It looks like there are actually two bathrooms in that area.
    silus will be following vincent someone needs to make sure they dont end up as zombie food

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

nother ten!

(3d10)[1][4][7](12)

19 total intimidation check
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-11-20 at 08:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Well presumably we're all going to stop by the bathrooms so Giselle can check for Manny, then head onwards to check doors together