New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE OOC

Quick message to say sorry for going dark there for a bit. On vacation for the holidays and now my wife has covid and I have the two kids to watch so not sure when I will be able to post.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quick FYI Bramblefoot. I don't allow for intimidation type rolls to influence other PCs. They work from PC to NPC and vice versa but not between PCs that gets too close to force other players to play your way.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Quick message to say sorry for going dark there for a bit. On vacation for the holidays and now my wife has covid and I have the two kids to watch so not sure when I will be able to post.
    Hope your wife feels better soon and that your holiday is otherwise enjoyable!
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Understood and sorry to hear that. Better days for you all soon!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

All good! Health and happiness comes first, hope everything gets better for you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Well vacation away from the internet completed. Now to get caught up on work. Soon to get caught up on posts. Just posting here to let everyone know I'm still around. Should get something up by end of day today.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Well vacation away from the internet completed. Now to get caught up on work. Soon to get caught up on posts. Just posting here to let everyone know I'm still around. Should get something up by end of day today.
    Welcome back! 😄
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

So it begins continues!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

alrighty lars. waits patiently

"are we there yet?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Man work went nuts yesterday. Happens when you are out for 7 business days. I finally got caught up. My December calendar is insane. I'll probably be limited to one post a day for most of the month. If you feel I've neglected something be sure to post here in the OOC. Now back to the IC thread. As I said in OOC I don't allow intimidation or most other social checks from one PC to another. It seems too much like forcing another player to play a specific way. However that massive intimidation roll is going to get a reaction from some of the NPCs hanging around.
    If I have it right the plan was everyone together go try to find Manny (last seen on the first floor bathroom located tucked in section B of the mall near the mall office. There aren't really any doors to check on the way. Silus wanted to break off and check the doors though the doors by the food court were handled by Eleanor telling the teacher to get someone to close them. Speaking of doors there are two mall entrance doors upstairs in section F (the door Betsy left through) and section E. Downstairs there are two doors at section D (near the food court the teacher was handling) and Section C. The closest doors are in Section F which the kids can take the Elevator up by the bathrooms.

Mall Security offices are on the second floor in Section F. Actually really close to where the action occurred so John would have just stepped into his office. I hate that I messed up the floors but remember anywhere you see an opening on the map's level two it's there on the map's level one which is the games level two.

11. - Top - End - #191

Man work went nuts yesterday. Happens when you are out for 7 business days. I finally got caught up. My December calendar is insane. I'll probably be limited to one post a day for most of the month. If you feel I've neglected something be sure to post here in the OOC.
    No worries! A post a day is, in fact, super fast as PbP goes. (Also, I bid thee strength in soldiering through that calendar!)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kinro View Post
    "I agree," Vincent said when Rebecca refused to go to the second floor. "We should stick to to checking out the ground floor. That's where they'll be trying to get in." Of course, he'd likely have agreed to just about anything just to stay around where she was.
    To clarify there are mall entrances on both floors. The parking lot slopes upwards outside as it winds around the mall. The entrances on the North are on the 2nd floor and the South are on the lower level. Like many malls there are also doors directly at both levels of the tentpole stores.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

to quote the joker

"when the chips are down, these civilized people, theyll eat each other"

in case you cant tell, silus is a big law of the jungle person
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-12-01 at 05:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

both levels of the tentpole stores.
    I didn't know camping is so huge in the US you need two-storey shops for just the tentpoles!

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    to quote the joker

"when the chips are down, these civilized people, theyll eat each other"
    Whoa, I'm pretty sure by "e-everybody loses their minds" he dodn't mean "their brains get eaten"!

in case you cant tell, silus is a big law of the jungle person
    Well, as gentleman once said, "[t]here's only one rule in the jungle: when the lion gets hungry he EATS!"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I didn't know camping is so huge in the US you need two-storey shops for just the tentpoles!

Well, as gentleman once said, "[t]here's only one rule in the jungle: when the lion gets hungry he EATS!"
    That reminds me, I guess we'll need to wait to find out if this flavor of the zombie apocalypse affects animals. And if there are any trains head to Busan, I vote we stay off them!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Apparently I've been using the wrong term or just a regional term for these type of stores and the more correct term is "Anchor" store. Basically just the larger stores that support the rest of the shops in the mall by drawing larger numbers of customers.

Also Silus is a weird kid.
    "Follow me. Let's go check the doors" all menacingly
    Eleanor follows him
    Later "Why are you following me?" all threateningly

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

he has the paranoia drawback

what do you expect?

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    That reminds me, I guess we'll need to wait to find out if this flavor of the zombie apocalypse affects animals. And if there are any trains head to Busan, I vote we stay off them!
    Definitely! I'd also add "socializing with raccoons carrying umbrellas" to the list of things not to do while at that. Who knows what evil might reside in the hearts of such beasts?

Apparently I've been using the wrong term or just a regional term for these type of stores and the more correct term is "Anchor" store. Basically just the larger stores that support the rest of the shops in the mall by drawing larger numbers of customers.
    No worries, I wasn't familiar with either term as such, and going all literal on it was too tempting not to do it.

Also Silus is a weird kid.
    "Follow me. Let's go check the doors" all menacingly
    Eleanor follows him
    Later "Why are you following me?" all threateningly
    Weird doesn't even begin to describe that guy. But then,
    1. he's a violent rural kid apparently hoping he'll grow up to be a full nightmare fuel station attendant, with a father who's seen the prison system from the inside;
    2. and Eleanor works for the MAN!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-12-07 at 11:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Ok few points.
    1. Running on fumes right now. Work is busy. Kids are sick. I am getting less than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the young sick kids.
    2. I owe a post and will try to get one up soon moving forward everyone.
    3. Rogue Alchemist has been offline since 11/24 so Mall Cop John is going to be NPC'd for a little while starting with my post in point 2 which release is influenced by point 1.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok few points.
    1. Running on fumes right now. Work is busy. Kids are sick. I am getting less than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the young sick kids.
    Yikes, sorry to hear that! Take the time you need, real life comes first.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Ok few points.
    2. I owe a post and will try to get one up soon moving forward everyone.
    3. Rogue Alchemist has been offline since 11/24 so Mall Cop John is going to be NPC'd for a little while starting with my post in point 2 which release is influenced by point 1.
    You don't owe us a damn thing as such either! Take care, post as you can! (And hey, maybe that will give Rogue Alchemist the time to reappear!)

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

meanwhile, mr creepy creep is of the opinion there is nothing worse than a minder. except disposal is remarkably easy!

if the zoms come in, push her and run!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

FYI - Christmas shenanigans begin for me this week, starting Tuesday I will have limited availability through most of the rest of the end of the year.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Might be spotty myselfstarting this weekend, but will keep an eye out for updates.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

We will be starting up again in the new year if people are interested in continuing. Please let me know if you're still around and waiting for me to get this game going again.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm still around and ready.

27. - Top - End - #207

YES. So absolutely yes on all counts!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

silus is still here!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

I’m here and still interested.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Also still here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.