New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE OOC

Alright so that's everyone but our mall cop who I'll just NPC. Rogue Alchemist has been off the boards for over a month and I just hope he's ok out there in RL at this point.

Been a while so just trying to catch up. For the future Bramblefoot we have a map (I just fixed the floor confusion) in the first post of this thread. I might be good to review it. For example the full group of kids went to the bathrooms on the first floor. The elevator is right there. The stairs, purple dots, are in the center of the mall and all the way at the other end of the mall. There's a set of escalators that are closer and in a power failure escalators just become stairs.

So my rereading we have Katy, Gisselle, Rebecca and Vincent near Manny and his pals outside the bathroom on the first floor in section B.

We also have Silus, Josh, and Eleanor checking the doors on the second floor but per Bramblefoot going out of their way to use the stairs assuming in the middle of the mall. Or we can retcon to them using the elevator or escalator. I just need to know where this trio is approaching the 2nd floor because Mall Security John and Principal Klander are on the 2nd floor and I need to know if the trio is coming up next to them. I'll make a post updating this trio once I know their firm plans on getting to the 2nd floor.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

A real pity. He was the best of us (players in terms of understanding the rules and had a cool character too)!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    A real pity. He was the best of us (players in terms of understanding the rules and had a cool character too)!
    I know I will miss his knowledge of the rules but I will try my best. This is my first game running AFMBE so if you think I missed something say something.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Katy was just watching the exchange go back and forth, though at the revelation that there might be rioters breaking in at this very moment she gulped and looked around.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    [roll0]

Includes Notice and Perception, add another +2 if Acute Hearing counts towards this.

…and I don’t actually expect to notice anything regardless of the result, I just don’t have much to add to the conversation presently.
    Rule of 10 there requires a second d10 with what amounts to a -5 modifier. Ignore a negative result, add a positive result to 14. Or you could go with a +9 modifier and cap with a min of 14.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Rule of 10 there requires a second d10 with what amounts to a -5 modifier. Ignore a negative result, add a positive result to 14. Or you could go with a +9 modifier and cap with a min of 14.
    Oh right.

Rule of 10 roll:
    (1d10-5)[-4]
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

still a 16 considering Acute Hearing deserves something...
    I've updated my last IC post

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

personally, i feel silus would want to avoid the law. hes a criminal boy

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Got it but the thing is Silus doesn't have eyes on the second floor so he doesn't know where the mall cop is right now. I just need to know how you plan to get up there by you looking at the map and telling me. Options listed in order of closest proximity are East elevator, East escalator, Central stairs, Central elevator, Western escalator, Western stairs. The food court is at the Southeastern corner. The restrooms were Manny was is the Northeastern corner.
    There are exterior mall doors at the following locations 1st floor Southeast corner, 1st Floor Southwest corner, 2nd Floor Northeast corner, 2nd Floor Northwest corner. The engagement occurred at the 2nd floor Northeast corner. Eleanor had the teacher go check the doors at the 1st floor Southeast corner. Which door was Silus and company heading to and how were they getting to the second floor?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

lets start the farthest away from where she is

lets start at 2nd floor northwest
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2024-01-05 at 04:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

personally silus is not too happy with the student council girl on his tail, but hey, if the zombies come, eleanor is first on the meal list, 'specially if she gets tripped

silus is not a big fan of law-abiding people. he considers them soft and lambs to the slaughter

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Simple Intelligence check with a -2: (1d10+2)[4]
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

simple intelligence check

(1d10)[6]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah wait, a simple test is dice + double the attribute, yes? If that's double the attribute then -2 then Eleanor and Silus would have both gotten an 8

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

and apparently I completely forgot to add tags to that roll so: (1d10+5)[6]

Edit: Dang, dice roller hates Eleanor apparently.
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2024-01-14 at 05:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Ah wait, a simple test is dice + double the attribute, yes? If that's double the attribute then -2 then Eleanor and Silus would have both gotten an 8
    Which is a failure btw. 9+ is a success. With every 2 greater 9 being a degree of success better. So neither of your characters should *know* that the orange haze is a fire might guess that but really should be a bit more of a mystery from this distance with those rolls. Nothing further noticed by Eleanor.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is a failure btw. 9+ is a success. With every 2 greater 9 being a degree of success better. So neither of your characters should *know* that the orange haze is a fire might guess that but really should be a bit more of a mystery from this distance with those rolls. Nothing further noticed by Eleanor.
    Ah I see that bit now, I did skim through the book just to try and see how rolls worked, and got thrown off by the Difficulty Numbers Table rather than the Basic Rule section. Eleanor's mostly just snapping back at Silus anyways.
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2024-01-15 at 04:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

yeah the rulebook is not the easiest to follow. Not the worst either but still could be clearer.

18. - Top - End - #228

Hey. All's good on all ends? (I don't mean to sound impatient, but my teenage horror victim's not going to just eat herself, you know.)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Work's been crazy recently with me flying around the US. I'll see what I can advance later. I didn't get a hold of John's player and he bowed out not a good time in RL for him right now. In the meantime if I can get a Perception/Notice check from Silus as he came up to the exterior doors that would tell me how much info I need to post.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Notice check for Eleanor: (1d10+5)[9]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

silus notice

(1d10+5)[9]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello? I know the forums have been in poor condition lately, but is anyone else still here?
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

grins psychotically

still here

24. - Top - End - #234

I'm very much still here too!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Also still here!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I had a busy period at work and when I had time to access the site it was always too slow to be functional. The site is working now and I hope to get caught up with my games today.

27. - Top - End - #237

I had a busy period at work and when I had time to access the site it was always too slow to be functional. The site is working now and I hope to get caught up with my games today.
    Great! (Not the you've been busy bit, the you're not busy and the Forums live again bit.) Thanks for the update!

28. - Top - End - #238

AFMBE is D10 based not D20.
    And I even know that! Sorry. Let's give that another go: (1d10+9)[12]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

(Still frozen in time, waiting to see the result of our notice checks btw. Both results were 9, I believe.)

30. - Top - End - #240

Let's listen some, in the meantime: (1d10+6)[8] (Perception, +2 Situational Awareness). (Also, I did start wondering whatever might be going on with Eleanor and the Creep over there on the other side.)