New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Time & Space OOC

@Dodge: Did the medical kit drop outside?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, makes sense that Pavillion would have dropped it when she fell unconscious but I'm cool if one of you wants to say they picked it up on the way in

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

In that case, if no one else picks it up, we can assume Miles does so. He is an experienced gopher.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sounds good. I tried to contribute a Cooperation action to Miles' roll. Hopefully, that's allowed.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I've looked at both the 12th Doctor Corebook and my copy of Aliens and Creatures and there seems to be at least some crossover between Hypnosis (Special) and full fat Possession, even if it's kinda vague about it. So here's what we'll do NontheistCleric, we can either play closer to Hypnosis rules in which case Pav won't need to bodyhop but it's slightly easier for the target to break out if she tries to make them do something too against their nature or we can lean towards Possesion in which case you'll get that +4 on top of everything else but she will need to leave the original body.

Your call
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2023-12-12 at 02:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... I'm wondering if it would be possible to do a sort of hybrid—that is, she can choose whether or not she leaves her body, and if she does, she gets the bonus if applicable? It makes a kind of sense, since going fully into a different body seems like it would be more powerful, and it's not always going to be that much more powerful anyway because it only ever applies to first possessions.

If that's not possible, let's just do the full possession bodyhop version. If it is, though, I think she will not go for the bodyhop in this case.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Kicking it about, lets call it straight bodyhop possession for now. I'm not saying that the hybrid version is completely off the table, maybe it's something that Pav could learn or pick up later on down the line but since this the first time I've run for a character with this ability I want to play it as by the book as possible right now. Time to go read those Possession rules!

*Five Minutes Later*

Beast of Birchmoor Resolve + Strength (2d6+10)[17]

That's a Bad result for the Beast of Birchmoor! It will spend two of its SP to bump that up to a Success and resist Pav, unless you want to spend a story point to push it back down to a Failure.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2023-12-14 at 12:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I’ll spend that point to make it a Failure.

9. - Top - End - #69

PaladinGuy

Okay, I have a couple thoughts on what to do, but I want to make sure the trusty sonic can perform said functions. Both are predicated on the professor encountering Cybermen before and knowing a little about them...

1. Using the Weld function of the sonic to short out the vicar's connection to the local cyber command & control (for lack of a better term). The questions this brings to mind are:
    a. Range of said function?
    b. Does he need to see the circuit he's fusing together? Or,
    c. Would he be able to use his technical understanding of how such a connection would be made to a brain and dial in his sonic to "know" where to find it if it points it at a person?

2. Using his sonic to disrupt the communications link between cyber command & control and the parishioners by emitting a resonance on the transceiver frequency. The goal here would be to disorient the crowd long enough for the trio (and potentially the possessed cur) to make off with Pavilion's body and escape to the safety of the TARDIS. :)

In fact, I'll probably go with the second option, if it's allowed, but I'd like to know if the first option is available to him and, if so, by what parameters it would work.

And, clearly, both are considered DOING something, putting him the third category.
    Last edited by davyjones; 2023-12-18 at 12:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by davyjones View Post
    Okay, I have a couple thoughts on what to do, but I want to make sure the trusty sonic can perform said functions. Both are predicated on the professor encountering Cybermen before and knowing a little about them...

1. Using the Weld function of the sonic to short out the vicar's connection to the local cyber command & control (for lack of a better term). The questions this brings to mind are:
    a. Range of said function?
    b. Does he need to see the circuit he's fusing together? Or,
    c. Would he be able to use his technical understanding of how such a connection would be made to a brain and dial in his sonic to "know" where to find it if it points it at a person?
    Lets take it from the top! I don't want to give a specific range on this because well DWAiTaS simply isn't that kind of game, however to my knowledge when we see the Doctor Weld things with his screwdriver it's usually at pretty close quarters though I am more than happy to hear counter-examples (or to take 2 Story Points and we just say the Professor's is a different make/model so it can do things that the Doctor's can't). That was wacky nonsense, as long as you're in the same room and not say the football pitch, I'd say you're good. I'd also say that he would need to be able to see the system that he was messing with or at least know exactly what kind of cyber system he was trying to short but that's nothing that a Scan with the sonic or an Ingenuity+Knowledge roll couldn't solve.

2. Using his sonic to disrupt the communications link between cyber command & control and the parishioners by emitting a resonance on the transceiver frequency. The goal here would be to disorient the crowd long enough for the trio (and potentially the possessed cur) to make off with Pavilion's body and escape to the safety of the TARDIS. :)
    No notes, perfectly functional and not just because that's what they do in my favourite cyberman comics collection. Ingenuity+Technology.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2023-12-18 at 02:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Bad news davyjones with a 14 that is a Bad result unless you want to burn some Story Points on it the Cult of the Cybermen (which is totally the adventure title) will be uneffected. Also to make things smoother when people are deciding whether to spend Story Points going forward I'm going to stop concealing difficulty numbers for stuff because while it only take a few seconds of back and forth at a real table it's just clunky in PbP.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Would scooping up Pavilion and booking it out the door be a Do or a Run check?

Also: If there's time, I was planning to have Donald throw open the doors, since he was standing next to them. Does that require a roll of any kind?
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

PaladinGuy

I have 5 SP, and I'm happy to spend as many as it takes to get a Success.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Would scooping up Pavilion and booking it out the door be a Do or a Run check?
    That'd be Do

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Also: If there's time, I was planning to have Donald throw open the doors, since he was standing next to them. Does that require a roll of any kind?
    Nah you're good

I have 5 SP, and I'm happy to spend as many as it takes to get a Success.
    Cool, I'll take those 3 off your total for now but if you want to use some of the Story Points in Calico's sonic I'll just make the edit.

15. - Top - End - #75

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeson View Post
    Cool, I'll take those 3 off your total for now but if you want to use some of the Story Points in Calico's sonic I'll just make the edit.
    Ooh, I forgot about those. Let's use 1 from the sonic and 2 from Calico.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool beans, I'll change up the tracker and then it looks like we're just waiting for Pav but it is Christmas so I'm not really expecting anything any time soon.

Merry Christmas everybody!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Not power outages nor storms nor floods can keep me away! How's everyone doing? You still out there NontheistCleric?

18. - Top - End - #78

PaladinGuy

Doing well. We had our own little power outage this morning, though we think it was a stealth rolling blackout that the st00pid state of California likes to do (they called it an equipment failure, but our neighboring city was blacked out last night for an hour or so).

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

No more waiting around, we are back! If NontheistCleric pops their head back in they you guys still have Pav's body so no problem or if the curse of PbP has befallen us then I'm sure I'll think of something.

Happy new year y'all!

20. - Top - End - #80

PaladinGuy

I don't think we established what form the TARDIS' chameleon circuit took when we arrived. (I glossed it over.) I was hoping you'd pick something appropriate as a surprise for us, Dodgeson, but I'm happy to pick the forms when needed.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeson View Post
    Walking out of the time ship and on to the grass of the green, the scene that greeted the two time travellers was almost picturesque, from its duck pond to its small rustic play equipment and the red phone booth that the chameleon circuit had decided would be a perfectly inconspicuous disguise just added to the image (it was either that or a hedge), there was even a little shop.
    Got you covered
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2024-01-03 at 12:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

PaladinGuy

You did, thanks! (Sorry, don't know why I didn't remember that...)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Ba-bump

You still out there Zelphas?

24. - Top - End - #84

PaladinGuy

Is it just me, or does the site seem sluggish lately...?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not just you man, apparently the site staff are aware of it though so we've just got to sit tight.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay so a portable Artron detector looks something like this:

Artron Detector (Minor Gadget)
    Lets the user detect and pinpoint sources of Artron energy with a Awareness+Science roll at +3 Bonus
    Traits: Scan (Artron Energy Only)

It'll take an Ingenuity+Technology roll with a difficulty of 15 & a story point to make it.

27. - Top - End - #87

PaladinGuy

Well, if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right. With the TARDIS dematerialized, we can take a bit of extra time to complete the build. Spending two hours to construct for a +2 to the roll.

Professor Calico Jiggery-Pokery (creating an artron energy scanner using Boffin trait)
    Ingenuity + Technology + extra time +11 vs. TN15.
    (2d6+11)[19]

28. - Top - End - #88

PaladinGuy

Attempting to locate the source of the artron energy spike using new Artron Energy Locator:
    Awareness + Science + 3 = +9
    (2d6+9)[13]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Coordination 4 + Subterfuge 3 to do the sneaky-sneak down into the miney pit (2d6+7)[11]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Coordination 4 + Subterfuge 4 + Sneaking Proficiency 2 to sneak in: (2d6+10)[14]
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show